Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

My sister did her oscar at TMC. She said the sonographer who handled her was pretty rough - her baby was not in the ideal position for the scan and the sonographer shook her stomach and massaged it roughly. But luckily nothing happened to her baby. The rest of the process was okay.
I did mine at Kkh was attended by the sonographer Zhou... Sound like from China. She handle me so very rough. Shake my tummy. Ask me cough then press very hard at my tummy. Keep saying cannot see clearly. Ask me wait out for 1mins to do again. Then end the session say sorry I have to press hard cos u have lot of fats

Hi everyone ! Hope I am in the right thread . I have done my ivf cycle in December 2015 and am now 9 weeks with twinnies . My second pregnancy now . This time is via the frozen embryos from my 1st ivf treatment .

My sister did her oscar at TMC. She said the sonographer who handled her was pretty rough - her baby was not in the ideal position for the scan and the sonographer shook her stomach and massaged it roughly. But luckily nothing happened to her baby. The rest of the process was okay.
Wa biang!! What shit is that!! Must complain lo!! Can massage and shake but GENTLY!

I did mine at Kkh was attended by the sonographer Zhou... Sound like from China. She handle me so very rough. Shake my tummy. Ask me cough then press very hard at my tummy. Keep saying cannot see clearly. Ask me wait out for 1mins to do again. Then end the session say sorry I have to press hard cos u have lot of fats
I know!! I already warned you ladies not to go for Zhou Lili if you ever kenna her!! She's a piece of shit, renowned to handle pregnant women very roughly! Then she will ask pregnant women to go out and pee many times! I once saw a pregnant woman walking out w a stressful face then walked back in (presumably to pee) bloody swine! If have anything against pregnant women, don't do this job

I know!! I already warned you ladies not to go for Zhou Lili if you ever kenna her!! She's a piece of shit, renowned to handle pregnant women very roughly! Then she will ask pregnant women to go out and pee many times! I once saw a pregnant woman walking out w a stressful face then walked back in (presumably to pee) bloody swine! If have anything against pregnant women, don't do this job
U had personal experience with her? Complain la. This kind must let her superior know if not the vicious cycle continues..
Btw I had my previous pregnancy scan done by a Chinese sg at mt e Novena and she was equally bad. Rough handling, didn't explain anything, everything said "don't know , ask your doctor" .. Was asked to drink lotsa water etc too, ask to go out to take a walk, showed super black face when baby wasn't in position ... Didn't help that my gynae then was a man of few words and wasn't very friendly ...honestly paid so much for a private service and the service was subpar..

That's why for this pregnancy I opt for a real doctor to do my scans...! so happy my gynae has a colleague who can do it in the clinic himself...! So much difference when a dr does it!

May i knw the procedures for doing the 20 weeks scan at KKH? Do you receive the results immediately or gotta wait for your next doc appt to explain the results to you?

im a farting and burping machine too, with lots of noises from my tummy... sighs. hope this doesn't affect bb..
Don't worry, it will not :) It is very normal.

My husband complains that I'm releasing more gas than usual and he has to inhale them. I just said it's not me, it's the babies so he has no choice hahah

Hihi, just to check any ivf mummies with PCOS and endometriosis here?

Stage 4 endo here, which is the most severe form, with lesions on my ovaries and a frozen pelvis. Doctor then told me that my chances of conceiving through IVF will be 20% compared to normal women which is 30%.

U had personal experience with her? Complain la. This kind must let her superior know if not the vicious cycle continues..
Btw I had my previous pregnancy scan done by a Chinese sg at mt e Novena and she was equally bad. Rough handling, didn't explain anything, everything said "don't know , ask your doctor" .. Was asked to drink lotsa water etc too, ask to go out to take a walk, showed super black face when baby wasn't in position ... Didn't help that my gynae then was a man of few words and wasn't very friendly ...honestly paid so much for a private service and the service was subpar..

That's why for this pregnancy I opt for a real doctor to do my scans...! so happy my gynae has a colleague who can do it in the clinic himself...! So much difference when a dr does it!

Which gynae are you with for this pregnancy? Can share please.. Haha I also want a dr to do my scans!!

Hey! That's the same sonographer I got! But she didn't say anything else other than press my tummy very hard

Hi ladies, just reposting the qns. Any bought the insurance for mother n baby? For ivf mothers only Aia and axa. I saw both agents already and still undecided. I'm not so keen on the long term investment but no choice leh cos both plans come with it

Don't worry, it will not :) It is very normal.

My husband complains that I'm releasing more gas than usual and he has to inhale them. I just said it's not me, it's the babies so he has no choice hahah

Stage 4 endo here, which is the most severe form, with lesions on my ovaries and a frozen pelvis. Doctor then told me that my chances of conceiving through IVF will be 20% compared to normal women which is 30%.

Hihi babe, do you also have PCOS?? Cos I have both PCOS and endo, looking for some hope

Hihi babe, do you also have PCOS?? Cos I have both PCOS and endo, looking for some hope
Nope I don't. Are you in 2ww now?

Guess the degree of severity of everyone's condition is different, so it's hard to compare apples to oranges. Furthermore everyone's egg & sperm quality are different.

I watched a lot of comedy during my 2ww - helps to take a lot of stress away which helped in the implantation. When you are stressed, your body creates a bad environment for the implantation, so try to do things which help you relax. I recommend watching Friends! Finished all the seasons in my 2ww! :)

I have many TTC frens with pcos and endo but managed to BFP. Some BFP on first try and some BFP after few times. To start this journey mental and financial have to be strong.

Hi ladies, just reposting the qns. Any bought the insurance for mother n baby? For ivf mothers only Aia and axa. I saw both agents already and still undecided. I'm not so keen on the long term investment but no choice leh cos both plans come with it

AXA have life ins plan tag to maternity. U may want to consider this. Ilp is ok too next time when bb grow up can transfer to them and they can decide what to do with it. It's like a form of long term savings.

May i knw the procedures for doing the 20 weeks scan at KKH? Do you receive the results immediately or gotta wait for your next doc appt to explain the results to you?
You get the results immediately and for KKH, you meet your gynae after that and he will let you know if all is ok

Fortunately for me, I never Kenna her, but I heard of her infamous reputation 3 years back Liao so no matter what I die die will not go for her. I even requested that I don't want her to do my scans. Yup, some sonographers like very buay gam wan, BUT I've met very good and friendly sonographers who will make you feel at ease and it's really not necessary to do all the shaking, rough handling just to turn the baby to their favour. All you need is to either do a small cough or the sonographer will press against the tummy slightly harder but not to the extent of painful.

Hi ladies, I've just started my ivf cycle. I went for an appt at KKIVF on my 2nd day period (full flow). Did my 1st puregon jab first thing next morning. But funny enough my period stopped on that day (3rd day of period). I've never experience this before. I have regular period every month. Any of you had this problem before?

Must mention natural or not meh????
If you are referring to insurance that covers pregnancy complications, whether or not your is ivf conceived is a consideration. Only AXA and AIA covers Ivf pregnancies. If you get others despite they don't cover Ivf, in case *touchwood* any issues you won't get to claim since Ivf pregnancies are excluded.

Hi ladies, I've just started my ivf cycle. I went for an appt at KKIVF on my 2nd day period (full flow). Did my 1st puregon jab first thing next morning. But funny enough my period stopped on that day (3rd day of period). I've never experience this before. I have regular period every month. Any of you had this problem before?
Hi EnaB, there is separate Ivf support thread where those currently in process of Ivf treatments exchange info & advices. May be try posing your question there and am sure you will get helpful responses to your query. All the best!
Link to the Ivf support thread - http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/ivf-icsi-support-group.2902/page-3873

Wah! Thanks towkayneo for the timely reminder! But if kena her how??!!

Wah! Thanks towkayneo for the timely reminder! But if kena her how??!!
If you are scheduled for the detailed scan (Women's Tower, Level 2), during registration, just tell the nurse that you don't want Zhou Li Li, they are ok to do the arrangement.

You don't kenna liao, then say you don't want la...:p

If you are scheduled for the detailed scan (Women's Tower, Level 2), during registration, just tell the nurse that you don't want Zhou Li Li, they are ok to do the arrangement.

You don't kenna liao, then say you don't want la...:p

im doing the downsyndrome test nxt wk at ADC. isit the detailed scan u mean?

woo, no wonder never hear anything from you recently. did the doc give you any meds to relieve your constipation? I had that around that period for my 1st pregnancy and it's so bad that hard shit is stuck to the entrance, refusing to pop out.

My gynae doesn't want to give anything. My GP gave laxative but I find that a bit too harsh. Someone told me her gynae recommended lactulose so I'm taking that now. 2 of the May mummies have been admitted to hospital cos of haemorrhoid which was caused from constipation. One was warned it may lead to preterm labour. ARGH. so scary!

So anybody who has constipation can try lactulose + orange juice.

My back also very painful now. Sigh. I can only sleep on my left side and have to wake up every hour to sit down else the back pain is unbearable. Grrrr.

My gynae doesn't want to give anything. My GP gave laxative but I find that a bit too harsh. Someone told me her gynae recommended lactulose so I'm taking that now. 2 of the May mummies have been admitted to hospital cos of haemorrhoid which was caused from constipation. One was warned it may lead to preterm labour. ARGH. so scary!

My back also very painful now. Sigh. I can only sleep on my left side and have to wake up every hour to sit down else the back pain is unbearable. Grrrr.
ya! i've heard that constipation can cause pre-term labour cos you strain your lower muscles.

Luckily you can sleep on your left side cos it's said to be the better side for the baby.
Take care!

I just did my Week 13 detailed scan at kkh level 2...
Was scanned by the infamous Zhou Lili!she sounded quite stern n i arrived early for my appt, i heard her comment that she dunwan to handle twins scan.. hahah

She sounded like she from China. i agreed that she not gentle. she will just flip n flap ur belly to get the angle she want. she also kept commenting that my bladder is quite full but i went to pee before entering her room.
My scan n blood test results seem normal but due to my age factor(im 37 this yr)ratio for trisomy 21 is 1:15!
the counsellor advised me to take their NIPT test.
Is this test named Paronama?im also considering Harmony test from Camden Tanglin.

Any fellow mummies in the same situation as me?Or any advise for me?

Thanks.

I just did my Week 13 detailed scan at kkh level 2...
Was scanned by the infamous Zhou Lili!she sounded quite stern n i arrived early for my appt, i heard her comment that she dunwan to handle twins scan.. hahah

She sounded like she from China. i agreed that she not gentle. she will just flip n flap ur belly to get the angle she want. she also kept commenting that my bladder is quite full but i went to pee before entering her room.
My scan n blood test results seem normal but due to my age factor(im 37 this yr)ratio for trisomy 21 is 1:15!
the counsellor advised me to take their NIPT test.
Is this test named Paronama?im also considering Harmony test from Camden Tanglin.

Any fellow mummies in the same situation as me?Or any advise for me?

Thanks.
Kkh also have harmony test. U may want to check with your dr.

Spectra 9+ is good to use. Small and handy
spectra_s9_large.jpg

looks cool too!

Kkh also have harmony test. U may want to check with your dr.
My frd advised me to go Camden Tanglin...

But just now kkh mentioned i got fibroid but need to dbl check again.. coz my ivf transferred 2 embryos but only 1 become viable... the counsellor mentioned if there is fibroid growth then i cant take Harmony.. Only left with Amino.... im worried abt this invasive Amino test

I bought the one from AIA since my current insurance plans are all under AIA. I think there's only slight difference between the 2 since both are also ILP. Ya, just treat it as a savings plan for the kiddos next time. More importantly, if *touchwood* born pre-term, the bb have coverage already. AXA can buy from 16 weeks & AIA 18 weeks. Once you clear your Oscars test and no issues, quickly decide on which policy you prefer then get the agent to prepare the paperwork as you'll still need your gyne to endorse on some declaration together with a copy of your Oscars test results for the underwriter to review before they approve. And if you've got any other underlying health issues, you'll also need that doc to write a memo and clear you of whatever conditions as this may also affect whether the insurance co. will take you in. So you need to factor in all the lead time. Anyway, that's for AIA. Reckoned AXA should be the same procedure. So don't drag too long as you definitely want to be insured before your detailed scan.

My frd advised me to go Camden Tanglin...

But just now kkh mentioned i got fibroid but need to dbl check again.. coz my ivf transferred 2 embryos but only 1 become viable... the counsellor mentioned if there is fibroid growth then i cant take Harmony.. Only left with Amino.... im worried abt this invasive Amino test
Better seek a 2nd opinion. If can don''t do amino, don't do unless dua bo bian.

Are you referring to Dr Ananda? He seems to be a popular choice *thumbs up*

ya! i've heard that constipation can cause pre-term labour cos you strain your lower muscles.

Luckily you can sleep on your left side cos it's said to be the better side for the baby.
Take care!

Constipation is a biatch!!!!! I'm also very worried I'll accidentally push out my babies when shyting too hard! damn sian! But with the shyte stuck at the custom, I'm also in agony! Very frustrating!

Sleeping wise, I'll take a least 10 mins to find a comfy position. But think I exerted pressure on my right side as I feel some aching on the right side of my body. Sometimes, I really feel like sleeping upright on the couch.

Ladies which Breast pump U intend to buy?

My sis lend me her medela so i'll use it first. If there's milk flow supply and if I got the determination to bf for the next 6 mths then I might invest in spectra as my SIL is using and it's indeed small & powerful and not too ex.

Back