Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

My Wife went for the beta hcg test on 23 Sep and was told to repeat on 25. Scan will be done on 15 Oct but we find it too Long to wait. Anyone can suggest if we can so an earlier scan?

I am new here. I just done a blood test on 25 and it is positive. She nvr tell me about HCG level,only told me to continue with medicine. I also never ask her much. When I see everyone talking about HCG level here, then I know I dont have such result with me.:(

Only see doctor on 9 Oct 2015.
Congrats!!

I suppose the level is okay thus just ask u to continue with medicine.

Don't worry over the level. Next week just remember to ask dr for the numbers, more for self la...

Have u ever thought of enhancing the environment of your house to increase your fertility? I would like to share my story regarding this topic.
After the failure trying to conceive for almost 2 yrs since the age of 33, i went to kk hospital to have a check up on my fertility. I was diagnosed that I have one tube blocked and there was no egg in my menses. So, confirmed that the infertility was my problem and my hubby was absolutely fertile. Doctor suggested we opt for ivf after 2months.
During the 'waiting period' I did lots of research about ivf. I understood that the success rate in my age maybe around 40-50%. But surely we still would like to give it a try. I was so stressed and never disclosed my infertility to any friends and relatives. During the waiting period, I read an article regarding the 'Environment and Fertility'. I invited a friend who is professional in the industry to audit the place we stayed as we wanted to enhance the success possibility of ivf desperately. He had a client went for ivf and failed for 5 times. With the adjustment of the client's place, the 6th ivf was finally success and the twins were delivered. After the audit of my place, i was really shocked and understood why we had difficulty in getting pregnant. Long story short, we adjusted those problematic sectors and miracle arrived. I got pregnant naturally within a month after we adjusted the environment of our place. The power and energy of environment are really having big impact on our life.

Do rest at home and don't move do much k?
Duphaston got increase to thrice a day?

Talk to baby and most impt remain positive!

Anything just come here to talk.. Better than keeping within yourself.

That's how you can pass your time too...

Ya Duphaston increased to thrice a day now. Still have fresh blood coming out this morning. Seems to be exacerbated when I walk.

Just did my beta... hopefully it comes out well. I am feeling so sad now...

:eek: ok ok! Will monitor.... so anxious... How do you ladies manage the anxiety during 1st trimester?

I'm also always anxious actually. When my MS disappear for a few days, I panicked and kept making sure my boobs are still sore. And I make sure I wear panty liner 24/7 so I can see if any discharge or spotting. I guess we will always be worried. :-/ I talk to the baby to make myself feel better.

They didn't give injection cos my beta came back still healthy. They say at this stage, nothing much they can do.

Told me to rest today and monitor. If bleed more, must go back.

Sigh.
Be brave! I know the fear..i had bleeding last weekend too n went to a&e to see dr immediately

Scan at tt time shows bb heartbeat n was told to bed rest for this whole week which i follow strictly

Went bck for my follow up tdy n bb heartbeat got stronger. Be strong for our bb! Jiayou!!

They didn't give injection cos my beta came back still healthy. They say at this stage, nothing much they can do.

Told me to rest today and monitor. If bleed more, must go back.

Sigh.
U just rest and be positive...
If even need go back O&G, try insist for injection...

First trimester for some prone to spotting... For me, I spot thru-out first tri.
Once had fresh red bleeding too. Which I rush down to O&G immed.

Can't find reason for the bleeding and glad didn't affect my babies.

Talk to them and be positive and have faith! :)

I've been hospitalised... hahaha...

They did a detailed ultrasound and found little sac in my womb... still tiny tiny. That's the good news and obviously I'm not hospitalised for that.

I'm hospitalised because there's another cyst growing in the fallopian tube. They are worried that may be an ectopic so want to observe me.

it's boring like hell, but at least I feel more secure here.

Hi ladies

Ive been a silent reader in this thread and the IVF thread.

Not sure if anyone remember my nickname.. Currently im in my 6 weeks (did FET in Sep). I've been spotting and bleeding for almost 10 days. These few days hv been getting better but still spotting. I was bed rest for 1 weeks with my pillow on my thigh. Dont know if i can pull thru.. Fingers crossed....

Now hving v bad morning sickness, cant eat and yet always v hungry. Im down with sore throat, any natural remedies to recommend?

Some try the seaband to curb the morning sickness, you can try that!

Others will be taking lemon drops to cover the urge to puke.

For me I try taking Ribena (diluted though) when eating with meals..

Impt to keep urself hydrated wor..

I've been hospitalised... hahaha...

They did a detailed ultrasound and found little sac in my womb... still tiny tiny. That's the good news and obviously I'm not hospitalised for that.

I'm hospitalised because there's another cyst growing in the fallopian tube. They are worried that may be an ectopic so want to observe me.

it's boring like hell, but at least I feel more secure here.

Oh nooo.. hope you are feeling better now. But it's good to be under their close monitoring also. *hugs* take care!

Hi ladies

Not sure if anyone remember my nickname.. Currently im in my 6 weeks (did FET in Sep). I've been spotting and bleeding for almost 10 days. These few days hv been getting better but still spotting. I was bed rest for 1 weeks with my pillow on my thigh. Dont know if i can pull thru.. Fingers crossed....

Now hving v bad morning sickness, cant eat and yet always v hungry. Im down with sore throat, any natural remedies to recommend?

For morning sickness I use the sea band and take the preggo pops.

For sore throat, I normally buy honey drops from honeyworld but I'm not sure if it's fine during pregnancy. :-/

Is it normal to feel breathless especially during or after eating?

Also always feeling very hungry maybe every 3-4 hrs.
Worried that I eat too much but I feeling very uncomfortable with the hunger feeling especially woke up middle of the night.
How do you ladies curb with all these?

Also anyone has a list of what can eat and what to avoid?

Thank you ☺

Is it normal to feel breathless especially during or after eating?

Also always feeling very hungry maybe every 3-4 hrs.
Worried that I eat too much but I feeling very uncomfortable with the hunger feeling especially woke up middle of the night.
How do you ladies curb with all these?

Also anyone has a list of what can eat and what to avoid?

Thank you ☺

Hello dear! I see your embbie has stuck! Yea!!!

I also feel a bit stuffy in the chest.. think it may be part of the reflux/heartburn/indigestion preggies suffer from.

I put nuts and water next to my bed, so whenever I feel hungry, I just stretch out for food.

Do you get nausea?

Hello dear! I see your embbie has stuck! Yea!!!

I also feel a bit stuffy in the chest.. think it may be part of the reflux/heartburn/indigestion preggies suffer from.

I put nuts and water next to my bed, so whenever I feel hungry, I just stretch out for food.

Do you get nausea?
Hi littlemonkies,
Yes I do feel nausea but not all the times.
I'm more disturbed by the fact that I'm always feeling hungry. 1 slice of bread doesn't seem to be able to last 20min. Worried that I eat too much but don't eat I feel terrible.

Hi littlemonkies,
Yes I do feel nausea but not all the times.
I'm more disturbed by the fact that I'm always feeling hungry. 1 slice of bread doesn't seem to be able to last 20min. Worried that I eat too much but don't eat I feel terrible.

Don't feel too bad... if your body tells you to eat, you also bo bian ma :) But always take the whole grains.

You can consider buying the book 'What to expect when you are expecting'. It addresses a lot of issues and our concerns and queries :)

Hi ladies

Hope you are feeling better with your sore throat. I was told by my tcm to drink fresh hot lemon. Cut up a few slices of lemon and pour hot water over it. Just keep drinking the entire day. I tried that and my cough/flu improved alot. Sometimes I even added hot red date water over my lemon slices. A good source of vit C.

Sisters! Nausea is very annoying, isn't it? On one hand, they make you feel like want to die. On the other hand, it brings assurance too. Interesting right? hahaha!

Lol.. I totally agree. When my nausea was around, I was irritated. Then it disappeared for a few days and I got very worried and keep making sure my boobs are still sore. Then the past couple of days the nausea came back with a vengeance and I'm grumbling again. I think my husband headache also. Bahahahaah. But if you have nausea, try to take small meals instead of big meals. I find that it gets terrible when my stomach is empty. So I always make sure I have something to nibble on.

I also have terrible food aversions which make me really no appetite to eat. But when I got appetite I complain that I'll gain weight. Bahahaha. *faints*

Hello babes!!

Im here too. Actually just discovered this page. :p
I've been really tired these days since the hubby is away and gotta entertain my cheeky active 2yo son.
Only 6 weeks and ive already vomited once. Nauseating almost everyday.
But its true how we dread all these sickness but when it goes away, we wonder if we are still preg. Confused ah.
On another note, cant wait for my 1st scan tomrw(wed). Hoping my son can come in together & say hi to his fellow "twin".

Yaaaa esp for us IVF-ers... we went through so much. To see the heart beat is almost like my beanie telling me 'mummy I'm fighting hard! See!' . How many weeks are you now, spinsterella?

Our little fighters! <3
I'm 11 weeks today. What about you?
I went for my 2nd scan last week and saw baby moved. I think I was so happy I almost fainted. My Fil saw the video my hubby took and when he saw my face, he laughed and laughed because I looked so excited. Bahahaha. I just did my Harmony and am now waiting for the result. So nervous but good thing is that with harmony, you can know the gender also!

Last edited:
Hello babes!!

Im here too. Actually just discovered this page. :p
I've been really tired these days since the hubby is away and gotta entertain my cheeky active 2yo son.
Only 6 weeks and ive already vomited once. Nauseating almost everyday.
But its true how we dread all these sickness but when it goes away, we wonder if we are still preg. Confused ah.
On another note, cant wait for my 1st scan tomrw(wed). Hoping my son can come in together & say hi to his fellow "twin".

Yayyyy.. you are here too! Ooh no, must be very tiring for you.
Nauseaous right? :-( My MS seems to disappear for a few days but it came back with a vengeance recently and it's strange but whenever I go to dirty toilets, I'll vomit. Grrrrr.
Tell us how the scan went ok. You put in 2 right?
Oh yahhhhhhhhh.. it's the same batch of embryos as your son right. That's a story you can certainly tell them! :)

Its so great to have this forum going. Im week 14 tomorrow. Prof Pc Wong has released me to other gynae. So far i feel lucky i have no vomitting. Just when early stage headache and indigestion. Now all is good. :)

Are you going to a gynae at NUH also?
I'm having a headache now because my gynae is releasing me after week 20 and I thought I want to go to my old gynae but she doesn't deliver at Parkway East anymore. So now it's either I stick to my old gynae and deliver at TMC or I choose a gynae I don't know just cos I want to deliver at Parkway East. :confused:

Are you going to a gynae at NUH also?
I'm having a headache now because my gynae is releasing me after week 20 and I thought I want to go to my old gynae but she doesn't deliver at Parkway East anymore. So now it's either I stick to my old gynae and deliver at TMC or I choose a gynae I don't know just cos I want to deliver at Parkway East. :confused:

Yup i did ivf in nuh too. So actually at first decided to give birth at sgh, but i change my mind since all my records and nt scan is all done in nuh. So stick all the way then. haha

Hello Gals, i also just discovered this thread! this thread like not as active as the ivf thread hor.

@ain_wayne, find your nick familiar. Were we cycle buddies in the past? My LO is 2yo and turning 3 next Jan.

Yup i did ivf in nuh too. So actually at first decided to give birth at sgh, but i change my mind since all my records and nt scan is all done in nuh. So stick all the way then. haha

I did my ivf at NUH too! ;) Prof Wong also just passed me over to the next gynae, Prof Biswas. I had a threatened miscarriage about 3 weeks ago and until now i am still having old blood discharge but I think i am more calm nowadays as I know that I am in good hands. I think the nurses and gynaes here are really nice.

Our little fighters! <3
I'm 11 weeks today. What about you?
I went for my 2nd scan last week and saw baby moved. I think I was so happy I almost fainted. My Fil saw the video my hubby took and when he saw my face, he laughed and laughed because I looked so excited. Bahahaha. I just did my Harmony and am now waiting for the result. So nervous but good thing is that with harmony, you can know the gender also!

Oh my God!! 11 weeks! That means first tri is almost over!! Yea!!!

I am a looooooong way away. I should turn 7 weeks tomorrow. Can't wait for these weeks to pass and to go into 'safe land' 2nd tri!

Is harmony test used to test for DS?

Back