XXY syndrome (also known as Klinefelter Syndrome)

zUaNzuAN

Hello Mummies,

Tested with 47,xxy for my baby boy.

Just wanna check if anyone had the same experience?

Last edited:

Hi.. May i ask how did everything go? I am also in the same predicament as you and so distressed now!!

Hi... Did you went for Amnio test for confirmation? I did the test to confirm & also referred to genetic doctor too...

Anyway.. I decide to keep the baby in the end

I am waiting for my amnio 2 weeks later. What was the nipt statistics for you that Klinefelter is positive?

Also, can I know what made you decide to keep the baby?

Hmmm.. It was like >99% confirmed its xxy. But I still went ahead with Amnio to confirm... But I read there are cases of false positive too... So there are still hope for you!!

Been reading on xxy & it seems like the symptoms are very wide & it's not like 100% the baby will have all the symptoms.. Its a wide spectrum...also seems like early intervention does help... So in the end we decide to take the risk lo...cause some boys do grow up normally except infertility.. There are FB groups on xxy too.. U can take a look...

Thank you for your information. Honestly i was siding towards terminating the pregnancy, but i am not 100% sure i will be ok to live with this decision forever, because i keep telling myself at least he wont suffer the pain knowing he is infertile. But not giving him a chance is really cruel too, esp if he can grow up perfectly normal. It really is a tough decision and i respect that you are so brave.

I will take a look at the FB groups.. Thank you!

Haiz.. Its really a tough decision..we also lean towards terminating initially so I had my struggles too.. So after getting the Amnio test results, I also drag up to week 20 or 21 before making my final decision.
Did your gynae refer u to any genetics doctor or counsellor?
Maybe u can check out "living with xxy" in FB, insta or YouTube too.

Hope u will have good news from the Amnio test that its a false positive!!

I am intending to go for genetic counselling but have not made any appointments. Already mentally prepared myself for the results even though i have not done the amnio yet. Did the genetic counsellor change your mind actually?

Hi, my 2nd boy has Klinefelter and he is 13 months now. He is no different from other babies, super active, has his temperaments and super adorable when he is in good mood.

I remember when my harmony test results is out and my gynae told us my baby has Klinefelter syndrome, we were shocked. We never heard about this condition before but after doing some reading online, talking to the gynae and genetic counsellor, we felt more assured. Yes, it will be challenging for him and us when he grows older but we decided that we will take 1 step at a time. It has never crossed our minds to terminate my pregnancy cos we feel that it is not life-threatening and he could still lead a normal life.

It wasn't easy for me to get pregnant as I am already in my mid 40s, so to us he is a blessing. Seeing him growing up every day brings smiles to our face. Seeing the bond between my 2 boys is really priceless, despite a 7 years age gap.

This is my experience so far as a mother with a Klinefelter baby. In terms of how we bring him up as compared to my elder one, not much difference. The difference is the brothers have opposite character, not 1 is XY, the other is XXY. We will continue to bring him up as per normal and follow up with KK on his growth. The rest we just have to take 1 step at a time. Hope my sharing will shed some light for those who are pregnant with Klinefelter baby.

Hi... Did you went for Amnio test for confirmation? I did the test to confirm & also referred to genetic doctor too...

Anyway.. I decide to keep the baby in the end
Hi how everything goes. I jus being tested high risk for harmony for xxy, waiting for aminio test. Ask the couseler n she told me it very rare to see high risk xxy its not a common thing. And im very worried

Hi how everything goes. I jus being tested high risk for harmony for xxy, waiting for aminio test. Ask the couseler n she told me it very rare to see high risk xxy its not a common thing. And im very worried
Hi Jackelin,
Did you keep the baby in the end?

Back