Wyeth S26 Gold for infants - Anyone has good feedback

ryanwee

I was recommended Wyeth S26 Gold and my baby has been feeding on this FM and BM since birth. The milk is prety expensive and was thinking of changing but I notice that the cheaper brands e.g. Frisco require twice the amount of milk powder for the same volume of milk. Does this mean the cheaper brands are not cheap after all? Anyones has any comments?

Hi, i plan to let my baby try this brand also in case i dont have enough BM (but baby haven't come out yet
happy.gif
I heard good comments from my friend. Do you think it's worth the money ?

S26 is one of the cheaper ones leh...

I can recommend u where to buy

My boy was given S26 in hospital so I didn't change cos scare he dun like...

I bought 1 tin at $23 at a medical shop call JintaiTung at Rivervale Plaza... Can try there. every 3 tins, $1 discount..

alot of ppl say S26 very heaty then bb cannot poo poo.. so far my boy still ok... occasionally then 2 days poo once...

Heard from my MIL , it's an old brand so it's gd... my hubby also grew up on S26 heee..

SO now BB 9 months, he on Promil gold, which is the version on S26 after he 6 mths or older.. (Vanilla flavour)

ALso ok...

My comments
happy.gif

we ususally buy from Sheng Shiong
cheaper around $25

my 2 girls drank S26 Gold
the younger one follow through all the way to promise 4 gold

both very chubby

my gal also on S26 since day 1, when not enuf BM.
however, like wat u said, no cheap! but sheng shiong selling cheaper than Shop n Save.
but medical hall downstairs my house also selling cheaper than the supermkts

i myself was fed with S26, now i let my both my sons feed on S26 from birth till when they reach 6 months, there after, my elder son was on enfa..

now my younger son was on the new version of S26, pretty good and not as heaty as the previous one.

I am a 1980 mama... was drinking S26 when I was a baby. My son was having it when he was an infant too. S26 is more "heaty" for some bb and might cause constipation. BUT bb who suits S26 will be very plump. =)

hi'
I am a S26 kid and let my new born feeds on it too. So far so good.

My comments are exact with Mrs Chng about constipation. It all depends on individual baby. Got to try and know.

bestwishes, yeah you are right, promil gold is the follow on after S26 gold..

S26 Gold
Promil Gold
Progress Gold
Promise Gold

Now no more S26 Gold liao, they rename to S26 Alpro if I am not wrong. It cost $31 from Cold Storage. Cos I am expecting my 2nd child, was looking for S26 Gold. Called Wyeth and the lady told me that there is an added ingredient so there is an increase in pricing.

Y compromise on bb milk when they r so used to it ?? problem wif poo2, lessen the milk powder then.. my first born weight 3.1kg back in y2k.
Now he is on my shoulder level. i m 1.55 tall.
just a tot..

was trying to get a tin of S26 gold (since my bb was given that while in hospital) but noted NTUC has 2 types - one is S26 Alpha pro and another one is with "rumusan bayi". like to find out if there is any difference between the two

Actually i found out that there is no difference in the S26 alpha pro and the one with malay wordings. Called wyeth and they explained that all the products are made in singapore, but the malay words one are to be exported to Malaysia for sale. Thus those sold in singapore, will carry eng text...they are in all supermarkets already.. Shud be very high quality products considerign singapore standards...i feel safer....i agree too that baby on s26 much stronger...!!
happy.gif

Hi,
Does anything know where to get the cheaper prices of Promil Gold, Progress Gold, Promise Gold 4?

NTUC is selling at $56.40 for 2 x 900g for Promil Gold.

Promise Gold 700g x 2 at $31.90

i hv a can of 400gm S26. to sell . exp 27 feb 09
collect at sengkang (opp punggol park)
selling at $5

Hi,

I have 10+ bottles of S26 ready to feed to give out for free since i am still breastfeeding.

Interested, pls PM me.

does Wyeth gives free samples? Am thinking of switching him from Gain IQ as S26 is cheaper. Which type of milk should he take for a 2 years old? Progress Gold?

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Blueblue, Progress Gold is for 1 to 3 years old kid. And Promise Gold is for 3- 7 yrs old kids.</font>

I am also keen to find out if the milk powder is safe. Seems like the contents of the pdf is targeting at importers but not consumers?

someone say in another forum...

Hi Mummies,

I have also called up to AVA...they have clarified tt the news is only for traders to inform them of products from countires such as USA, Malaysia, Australia n etc... contains Lutein n not approved by AVA..

But products in Singapore does not contains any lutein..therefore it's safe for children to consume..n also REMEMBER not to buy the products from other countries except Singapore..

Not quite true... These containing lutein are also made in singapore.

If you buy from medical halls you may buy those meant for other countries' market (which may contain lutein)... I called wyeth hotline and was told: Singapore manufactures for other countries (not meant for singapore market) and export them. Some parallel importers in Singapore imports them back to Singapore. So safter to buy from ntuc n cold storage etc big supermarkets.

Having said that, lutein is not exactly harmful, its an addictive not approved by AVA.

Hi, is there anyone have 200gm promil gold samples?
I would like to give my baby a try b4 buying the 900gm one..
Thanks.

Lutein is an antioxidant, belonging to the carotenoid family. Lutein can be found in dark green leafy vegetables such as spinach, collards, kale and broccoli, various fruits and corn. Egg yolks are also sources of lutein. It is used to prevent eye diseases. You can google it.

Hi, I had just let my girl try Promil Gold.

She was on Similac since birth till now she don't like the taste anymore.

Tried Friso, she likes it better but never finish.

Last 3 x 180ml feedings she finish every single drop! Never happens before lor!

Is it because it's sweet? Good for baby not?

Drink Weyth brand powder will be chubby?! She was never chubby before leh... Hahaha.. Won't be obese hor?!

I tink S26 is a good brand for babies. All my 3 kids drinking S26.
Too sweet? I tink is acceptable coz i taste it myself.
Constipation? I tink is depends on individual coz my kids dun haf the probs and my kids love vegetables alot. If ur babies happpens to have constipation just let them have plenty of water.

Hi, I have
3 cans of 900g S26 for sale. selling @ $27/tin. Brand new
expire:28/07/2011

3 cans of 400g S26 follow on (promil Gold)for sale. selling @ $10/tin. Brand new
expire: pls contact me for the latest expiry date

interest pls sms me @96358465

i hv S26 900gm let go at $20 -Brand New
0-6mths
not new formula
self collect rivervale link
pls pm me

cheers

hi i hv 1 BN tin S-26 Progress Gold 3 400gm
exp feb 2012 selling $12
collect bt panjang
PM me if keen
happy.gif

BN tine s26 to give away.. 900gm
pls self collect
cos a mummy reserved for soooo long and now i hv to give away..
exp nov 2010

Back