WTA: How effective is HDB slip-resistant treatment to floor tiles

jadelight

Hi,

Anyone has done the slip-resistant treatment to floor tiles in bathrooms provided by HDB? How effective is it? Are the toilet tiles really not slippery anymore after the slip resistant treatment? Please share as I am considering asking HDB to do it for my parents' bathroom. Thanks.

Yes it helps but only effective for 2 years depends on how u care for it according to HDB...mine like wearing off but its less than 2 years only

Hi Rainie,

Thanks very much for your info. In that case, I m not sure whether its worth going thru the trouble to do the anti-slip treatment, will consider again. Thanks.

Anti slip treatment Is juz a chemical u pour on the tiles n scrub it... let it stay... n it becomes antis lip. ..

If u wan diy urself.. then buy from those big hardware shops that cater to the industrial needs... less than $50 I think n it's enough for 2 toilets....

My late mom fell in her master room toilet n broke her hip bones.

My living father insisted the floorings which I told them that tiles may look anti slip but when water or any liquids there ..... confirmed will have accidents !

HDB n those private developers get China Constructions to supply the products n these China workers are idiots when found tiles not done properly .... Insisting not their fault !

Do reconsider for the sake of yr folks !

Hi xicloudix and nerdymama,
Thanks for ur sharing.

I might not want to do the anti-slip treatment after reading all the comments here. One way to prevent falling in toilets is wearing slippers that are anti-slip. Put one pair of anti-slip slippers inside/outside the toilet near the toilet door and hv the habit of wearing them when u go into the toilet, I guess that is the safest way. Hdb flats' kitchens usually have the same tiles as those in the toilets, hence it will pose the same risk of falling when the floor is wet, so whenever u or anyone or the elders are doing mopping at home, remind them to wear anti-slip slippers.

My anti slip was done by a Malaysian who told me can last abt 2 years only...my bathroom tiles was also done by renovation contractors from china by hdb...cracks appeared within 1 year n i told them to come bk n replace again. Say its the quality of tiles

Back