which stretch mark cream is safe and effective during pregnancy????

sarita

Hi all....

I am 15 weeks pregnant.I want to know which stretch mark cream is safe and effective during pregnancy.There are so many brands in market ,so got confused. Many recommended Bio Oil and Palmer'S Coco butter Massage lotion.But I checked online and found dt Bio oil contains retinol which is not safe for baby. Palmers contaion Salicylate which is also not safe.

So m quite confused. Please suggest what to do.My dr advised for olive oil.Can anyone suggest safe stretch mark cream.Also please recommend Olive oil brand which I can use.

Thanks....

Actually there are 2 key things about stretchmark:
1. Genetics - plays a bit part. If your mom and aunts have them, you are likely to have them too.
2. Moisturise - Any well-absorbing moisturing lotion or cream can be used. The key thing is to keep your skin moisturized. Other than stretch mark, dry skin also tends to be more irritable and prone to itchiness. So, just keep yourself well moisturized.

Last 2 things to remember is that stretchmark can occur in many places including breasts, armpits, tummy, and tighs. So, moisturize everything! Also, there is no "cure" for stretchmarks although they may get lighter and less noticible.

Word of advice: Do not over-indulge. We apparently only need to eat 2 extra pieces of bread to make up for the extra 20% needed by baby. Not an extra full meal!

I used bio oil for my pregnancy. works perfect. i kena rashes when using Palmer.
U shd try and see which one works for you. no one size fits all.

Hi all....

I am 15 weeks pregnant.I want to know which stretch mark cream is safe and effective during pregnancy.There are so many brands in market ,so got confused. Many recommended Bio Oil and Palmer'S Coco butter Massage lotion.But I checked online and found dt Bio oil contains retinol which is not safe for baby. Palmers contaion Salicylate which is also not safe.

So m quite confused. Please suggest what to do.My dr advised for olive oil.Can anyone suggest safe stretch mark cream.Also please recommend Olive oil brand which I can use.

Thanks....

Hi babe,

My personal preference is olive oil.

My gynae also told me to use olive oil. Those u buy from watsons or guardian. Cheap n good. I have been using olive oil since my first pregnancy. I jus gave birth to my 3rd on 1Aug. My previous 2 pregnancies in 2006. So far so good, I don't have stretch marks, even after the 3rd one.

You have to take note that when you tummy is growing bigger and bigger it will get very itchy. Restrain yourself from scratching or rubbing your tummy. Just apply the olive oil generously on your tummy. The itch will go away.

Jiayou!!.. Hope it helps u.

Hi babe,

My personal preference is olive oil.

My gynae also told me to use olive oil. Those u buy from watsons or guardian. Cheap n good. I have been using olive oil since my first pregnancy. I jus gave birth to my 3rd on 1Aug. My previous 2 pregnancies in 2006. So far so good, I don't have stretch marks, even after the 3rd one.

You have to take note that when you tummy is growing bigger and bigger it will get very itchy. Restrain yourself from scratching or rubbing your tummy. Just apply the olive oil generously on your tummy. The itch will go away.

Jiayou!!.. Hope it helps u.
Thanks..

i can introduce this aloe propolis cream that can reduce stretch mark and also can be used for baby nappy rash, infection, etc.
Please let me know if you are interested.

1936264_1761950447382905_2978010013456493127_n.jpg 13087295_1761950534049563_5157854402381727103_n.jpg 13238911_1761950207382929_3725648920371009176_n.jpg

Hi, I have been using mustela for both my pregnancy I did not have any sketch marks on my tummy. U may want to give it a try. :)

I'm currently mixing Cold Pressed Castor Oil With Extra Virgin Olive Oil, I massage in after shower. N I apply cream at other times since all the highly raved creams and oils seems vague n really depend on individual but at the same time I dun wanna risk it. .. I have been worrying about this since I come to know that I'm pregnant

Try secret correa lotion.. its a multifunction lotion used for slimming n firming however it does diminish stretchmark and old scars pretty good.. let me know if ur keen.. 130ml for $47
Price on packaging
Formulated in Korea
IMG_0756.JPG
IMG_0759.JPG

I would recommend using Young Living's gentle baby essential oil diluted with V6 carrier oil. All natural and no side effects from commercial creams.

I bought dermalmd stretch mark serum to use during my pregnancy and I'm only 4 months along so haven't noticed any stretch marks. I started using it early to prevent any marks and so far it's been great. The serum has a nice scent and goes on smooth.

Hi all....

Thanks....

Hi, I used Palmer's cocoa butter formula for stretch marks, Mei Mei stretch mark cream, and L'ERBOLARIO Stretch Mark Prevention and Firming Cream during my pregnancy. These are quit efficient to avoid getting stretch marks!

How long do you massage your tummy for? Not sure in first trimester if it's good to massage too long.

I know a company that made 100% organic ingredients pregnancy skincare products. The Company name is The Spoiled Mama and their products are safe and healthy for every type of skin. Must use.

Last edited:
After researching stretch mark prevention cream for pregnancy, I decided to try the Dermalmd Stretch Mark Removal Cream. I love that it is all-natural and there are no chemicals in the cream. The cream itself is very thick and moisturizes really well. The smell is interesting- it almost has a chocolate/coconut smell but I don’t mind it. If you are looking for something super moisturizing and all-natural- I highly recommend this cream!

Back