Which brand of formula milk? recommend pls...

Hi,

would b giving birth to my first baby in may...
though i'll try to breast feed for as long as I can, i'ld like to find out more abt which brand of formula milk is recommended in case, i fail to breastfeed...

pls kind share ur experience. thanks a lot!!

I'm delivering in May also. I will be using similac. It's best that you alternate between breast milk and formula. Otherwise your baby will have a hard time adjusting to formula in future. This is advice from my mum who is a experienced baby sitter

I gave my son Nan Ha right from the start as recommended by his PD cos my son is prone to skin rashes or asthma like me. And i also alternate, feeding him formula at night cos they can prolong their sleep and at the same time letting adjust to formula milk and teats too.

Hi, I breastfeed my son exclusively till he was on semi solids.. Thereafter, he was still on breastmilk, supplemented with solids till 1YO before I slowly intro FM (Friso) to him during the day by replacing 1 feed of BM with FM. He is now 18mths and still on breastmilk for his last feed at nite. Hope this helps

Hi,

I hope you can breast feed your baby as much as possible. Afterall, it is the best source of food that you can provide for your baby.

There is no formula milk out there that is as close as breast milk. For a very simple reason, you can feed your baby breast feed as much as possible per day, but not formula milk due to its high calories content.

That is why, sometimes PD may advice you to feed your baby some water after drinking formula milk. Furthermore, some formula milk will instruct you the maximum feed per day.

However, for whatever reasons that you have to give formula milk, always feed your baby with pro-biotics as much as you can. This is one key ingredients that formula milk doesn't have, and it is found abundant in fresh breast milk.

I hope this help. BTW, I'm feeding my son with UK HIPP Organic infant formula milk once in a blue moon. There is one more organic infant formula milk that you can find at the cold storage, at Raffles City. Check it out.

hi ankh, yes definitley. It has all the nutrients required for the baby.

Currently, my baby is about 16 weeks plus already and he wants a bottle every night before he sleeps. My wife will breast feed him first.

BTW ankh, whether it is hipp organic milk or Nann, they are all FM. :cool: hope this help.

Remember one thing, feed the baby pro-biotics if you are feeding him/her a lot of FM.

I gave my boy NAN HA and then follow by NAN Pro. Have tried both Similac and Enfaflo and both are not suitable for him.

I am using NAN HA 1 too.

In between switch to other brand and my boy's pimples and rashes starts coming out and when my boy puke milk, can see undissolved milk particle... So we switch back to NAN HA and everything is back to normal.

yiyi
does ur boy has sensitive skin? just started my 10mths old girl on FM (tried enfapro n friso) n i notice some pimples on her face. i m not sure what causes them. so far when she eat anything i give her she will not have pimples.

Hi mini,
During the change of FM, and he got pimples, I brought my boy to the PD and he mentioned my boy was having milk rashes... he did not tell me to switch FM brand but gave me some lotion to apply, he say this is normal. The lotion did help to heal the pimples but if I stop applying, the pimples came back. So I stop the new FM and switch back to NAN HA and the pimples did not come back!

Hi ilil, I'm giving baby for life from GNC. When you go to GNC, you must get it from the fridge. Not those from the shelves.

Yes I was recommended NAN HA for my bb.
It was the most soluble.
Only thing is it's quite ex.
My doc friend also recommend it..

hello mother jan jan, for my case, was by chance. Saw the organic FM in the organic shop and bought it.

The FM was the closest to BM. No smell and baby poo also like BM poo. In fact, when my boy was fed FM from those non-organic type, it was very smelly.

PD said this is different between organic and non-organic type. She said non-organic cow's milk may contain certain chemical that may kill the good bacterials in the stomach and that is why the poo is smelly.

This is another reason why I feed pro-biotics to my son.

<font color="aa00aa">All formula milk sold in the market contain the same essential vitamins and minerals. The US FDA has very strict regulations regarding this.

What matters is whether your baby is ok with that particular brand (i.e. no constipation or allergic reactions). So well yes, it is more a matter of trial and error.

My baby has been on NAN HA1 since birth. She is 3 months old now. So far so good. Poops about 3 times a day.</font>

my baby has been on Enfalac(partial) and now on Enfapro, so far so good
happy.gif

My baby is taking NAN 1 now and ok with it. Majority of people recommend Enfalac or Similac. Wanna know, which one is good? (apart from whether the formula suits individual bb issue). Is it appropriate to compare in terms of price?

My boy and girl are on Enfa series ... no problems with that. Their PD recommended either Enfa or Nan as they are lower in fat content, so less heaty. Less tendency to cause watery/hard stools.

Hi Jan Jan, friso is quite good. I have been using it since my boy is borned as I don't have much breastmilk. My boy is gaining gd weight.
happy.gif

HI Jan Jan,

my PD recommend Friso as there are more fibre and their stools wont be so hard. 1st tin of FM is Friso for my gal.

Then try Enfalac since its got 4x DHA and most xp in the mkt but my gal got constipation. Then we tried NAN, she poo but very very stink. LOL.... So now we are back to Friso. We also realised that when washing their bottles its not oily as compare to the rest.

i have 1 tin of frisco gold 2 (900g)for sale, expiry Oct 2010 &amp; 1 tin of Similac Follow-on (400g) expiry Dec 2010 for sale. Pls PM or email me if keen.

Similac at $12 &amp; Friso at $20.

[email protected]

I tried frisco n i noticed that his stools quite hard thus cry when he pass motion

Now on mamex but thinking of changing it

Nani,

Mamex very thin rite? I juz change fr S26 to Mamex.
But my ger keep feeling hungey every 1 1/2 hr to2 hrs.Every feed was like 70-90ml. Very Siong..

Think gg to change back to S26..

hehehe.... Ya my boy feeds every 21/2 to 3hr and drinks about 3-4oz each time.

Thinking of changing but since he's ok with it hubby says stick to it.

Hi,

If anyone wants to try hipp organic milk, I have for sale first infant milk (from birth onwards). My son doesnt like to drink...so selling at a fraction of the retail price.

One unopened sachet - selling at $10)
One unopened Box (contains 2 sachets) - selling at $18

Please PM me if you are interested. Thanks

Have been trying enfalac a+ from my bb newborn till now 3 mths. She's gaining really gd weight till recently she got constipated. Pd ask me to mix the milk with frisco comfort for fibre, ok it went on well for 2 wks but now my gal is rejecting the milk again. Heard that NAN or Frisco is gd I am really interested to try. Anyone know frisco's website or email add so that I can request for sample pack? Hee

Hi mummies, after 7 plus 8 months of pure bm, my baby is going to start drinking formula. sob sob. production reduced tremedously after all my travels.

was thinkin of similac or enfa... any suggestion?

I have been feeding my boy since birth with Enfalac A+..seems ok however i am thinking of switching..to similac or other brands...
I was comparing the nutrients table b/w similac infant n enfalac.it seems that enfa has higher content than similac...except for "neucleotide".

Ultraman, u were saying abt feeding child with probiotics..may i know how to add that to his feeding regime?

I have been feeding my boy since birth with Enfalac A+..seems ok however i am thinking of switching..to similac or other brands...
I was comparing the nutrients table b/w similac infant n enfalac.it seems that enfa has higher content than similac...except for "nucleotide".

Ultraman, u were saying abt feeding child with probiotics..may i know how to add that to his feeding regime?

hi tearss, a friend of mine recommends to give Solaray Babylife probiotics to my baby, but i have yet to try. Probiotics is to be added to FM.

hi got one unopened tin of mamex no.1 and one unopened tin of friso gold no.1 selling for $15 each..anyone interested..baby prefers nan ha.

hi, will like to enquiry anyone tried or heard abt this Japan brand formula milk - WAKODO?
feedbacks pls? thanks!

my boy took enfa and constipated but he's fine with similac. But my fren's kid constipated due to similac &amp; is able to take enfa instead. Thus, it depends on yr bb wor.
Now tat he's 8mths old, i changed to Friso. He's doing well with it.

Hi Acer, I pm-ed u abt your hipp milk stocks but not heard back. Pls sms me 97633209 if u still have the milk as have limited access to pc thanks!

Hi mummies,
i have an unopened tin of Mamil Gold Step 2 Follow up Formula 400g (>6mths). Any interested party, pls PM me. Looking to sell at S$10 or to exchange for 3 large packs of pigeon baby wipes.

After I stopped my girl from breastmilk at the age of 10 months, I gave her Similac and then Gain IQ. But she doesn't seems to like her milk and I switched her to Enfa. Now she finishes her milk....

Back