When did you confirm your baby gender?

halo janmom,
many thanks for ur reply... and congrats to u! when did u cfm the gender?

cos currently i still cant frm my gender so wana noe if tis is accurate...
happy.gif

hmm.. let's hope more mummies can cfm on tis...
happy.gif

hi all..

i am 39yrs old and currently expecting 14weeks.

my doctor told me today after my (normal scan) , i have a baby girl

because my doctor say its looked "flat and smooth" so is a girl instead of boy..

may i know its is true? thanks alot..

Mum said if the navel is flat thru out the 3 trimesters is gal cos she gave birth to 3 gals. She claimed that she saw many mummies' navel protruded mean boys.

Skeptical abt what she said eh.

the navel ting is not true
boys/gals have back-bone of different angle.
Ladies have faith in your gyne.
Experience gyne almost wont go wrong...

Old wives tales not true in my case. I have 1 girl and 1 boy. Both pregnancies, I was carrying VERY high and sharp. So this difuse the myth that girls are round wide tummies while boys are high and sharp.

The gender calendar predicted my son's gender wrongly. So that goes it too.

Nigra line for both are rather straight.
Navel only protrudes slightly at end trimester for both.

I have no pimples outbreak for both, so out goes the myth that if you carry girl, is more pretty.

Like amabellkok, I believe in my gynae. He 100% confirms both my kids gender at 16 weeks. It helps that my little ones were at a good position each time he did the scans. All can see their bottoms.
happy.gif
My gynae rather experienced lor. he doesnt say "cannot see penis means girl". he could distintively show me on the scan the 3 lines representing a baby girl's vulva.
happy.gif
My boy gender scan was his little penis and gynae says "sorry, no girl for you, cos his hands and umbilical cord way up high so cannot be finger or part of the cord."

hi mummies; perhaps im a bit anxious of the gender so wana noe if this nigra line tingy is accurate...
happy.gif

hi janmom; oic... when i went for my check up at 12weeks+, gynae told me maybe its ger but can only cfm at ltr stage (maybe 5th mths)... beri long waiting...

I saw the gender of my 2 boys quite early in the preg- around the 12th week. It was really obvious. This was further confirmed in subsequent scans.

the chinese calendar if use my ang moh age is girl, if chinese age is boy. how? which age to use?

darEve, im seeing female gynae. =)

I found out the genders of my elder 2 kids at 16 weeks, then confirmed during the 20th week detail scan.

I'm currently expecting my 3rd one and I changed gynae. This gynae actually told me at week 12/13. Will confirm over my next 2 visits at 16 and 20 weeks. Will see how accurate when the time comes.

Any mummies have ultrasound scan of baby boys at week 12 showing the birdie?

I'm wondering if I would be able to know my bb's gender that early....coz always scan bb seem so tiny, so wondering how the expert eyes can tell gender that early.

I didnt hv the picture of the genitals until 5th mth. But at 12 weeks, the genital does look more protruding and gynae pointed it out to us quite clearly, saying 70% sure it's a boy.

At 12weeks. my gynae thinks it's a boy because of the pelvic tilt of the baby ( a new study she says) I was completely surprised because didn't think it was possible to tell at all at 12 weeks.

Yet to be confirmed, will be going for 16 weeks scan next week.

My girl confirmed at 22weeks @ 90% confirmed. My boy at 18 weeks @ 80% confirmed. I didn't asked, the doctor just excitedly told me the sex while I'm doing the tests for down syndromes and other types of ultra scan.

Anyway, the doctor always not 100% confirmed I bought neutral colors without any lace etc. I have a friend's sister who was told she's having a girl and she bought very girly clothes but out came a boy on delivery day.

Yea the new way is by scanning the side.. They look at the degree of the nub.. I will be doing my oscar on this sat hopefully gynae can tell the gender haas..

Anyway anyone noes whether maternity exchange still carry the intelligender?

My Hubby & myself are excited to know our baby gender!! But gotta to wait till Feb 5mth ultrasound scan.

I'm now at 14 weeks.

We've tried seeing the gender on the 5th month, but the baby does not show us whenever i go into ultrasound. I've known his gender on the 7th month.

Back