When a child ask how do Baby comes about? How do you answer?

mummyfel

Dear Mummies and Daddies,

A question, if your child ask you: "How do Baby comes about?" What will be your best answer to them?

I simply say when mummy and papa fall in love we got married. Then one day, papa put a part of myself into mummy and together an egg is form. From this egg, u slowly grow day by day in mummy's tummy. And I started showing my child videos of ultra-scan visit to gyne and big tummy of mummy. I also took the opportunity to explain how we named him and what our dreams for him.

After 9mths, we went to hospital n mummy gave birth to you
happy.gif

Luckily, he never ask how I put my something into mummy ;p.. phew.

Just to avoid the questions that a child might ask in case of mr. Hopeful's case... We can rather say...when papa and mama gets married, god blesses mama with a baby in her stomach. The rest of the story he gave is good enough for a child :)

When DS was 4, we told him what Mr Hope'ful version.

When he asked again at 5, we let him watch Discovery Channel programs on childbirth. He asked if its how he came and if its painful, etc, we showed him his birth pcitures. No video, as he was delivered in KKH and they dont allow it.

He is now 6 and asked in details few months ago, we googled online and show him about conception of animals, becos he loves them and has good knowledge of them. He asked why the male has to mount the female and we answer thats how life begins. He seems to understand somewhat and asked no further.

When he gets older and asked about humans, we will again google and explain in scientific terms.

We had long ago decided that whenever the question pops up, we will answer it most truthfully. It really depends on how old your child is and how much you want to tell.

Have your kid(s) asked about sanitary napkins yet? Try explaining that.... we had to do that just a few months ago...

Back