What's your helper's current salary and off-days?

I renew my Filipino helper last nov. Her salary is $603 with 2 off days. All renew I done it myself at their embassy. DIY is cheaper compare to asking my agent to do but of course we need to take some off days

How many years have your helper been with you?
$603 inclusive of 2 off days?
Is it very difficult to do it on our own?

My current helper worked for me 4 yrs. salary from $550. Now $650. And now she request to transfer. She found one $800

Previous maid of 3yrs is getting 480 with 2 off per month.
Current maid is almost 2 yrs, getting 500 per month with 1 off per month.
But usually she don't go off, and will stay home rest instead, as she felt that going out is a waste of money. Very thrifty maid

$600 with how many days off? Actually what is the minimum salary for Filipino helper?
Going to renew my filipino helper by next month. Do you mind to share how to renew your helper? Through agent or DIY without agent? How much in total?
Still thinking either engage agent or do it my own. Thanks

Hi,

Sorry late reply. It's 600 with 2 days off as I work on shifts and sometimes have to work on Sundays and Holidays. But she can take off any sunday when I'm around, not necessarily 2 sundays only. I renewed her DIY only. We bought the insurance (bond) from NTUC, downloaded the standard contract from the Philippine Embassy website, filled it up, photocopied, then went to embassy to have it notarized and pay the other requirements, OWWA, etc.. much cheaper than getting an agency to renew for you. I think total cost around 200+ incl the insurance.

We are going to do another renewal this July. When she goes on Homeleave, we have to get the homeleave papers and get another insurance, validity 2 years.

Last edited:
Hello
Indonesia now wants to impose performance bond for Indonesian maids. May I know if anyone has renewed with this new term?

My helper is with me for 8 years. Her current pay is $600, off days up to her. I trust her so I let her be. I guess ultimately its about how both parties treat each other. She eats with us, shared our food, travels with us just like a family member. She knows she will not be treated better elsewhere even with higher pay.

$600 with how many days off? Actually what is the minimum salary for Filipino helper?
Going to renew my filipino helper by next month. Do you mind to share how to renew your helper? Through agent or DIY without agent? How much in total?
Still thinking either engage agent or do it my own. Thanks

Hi,

Just to add on to this, I think that the number of off days given to a maid can vary. You and your maid should come up with an agreement (it would be good to write it in black and white) first before starting her work as a helper. If you choose to give your maids lesser off days, your choices of maids may be limited as well and some would not have the incentive to work well with little rewards (off-days).

The current min salary of the Filipino helper is $500. Also, sometimes I feel that it may be better to engage a maid agency as they will help to settle all the administrative work for you. I guess it's better to get someone with great experience because I usually engage maid agency to hire/transfer a maid. Currently, I'm using SearchMaid to find a new maid as well. It's really user-friendly and I think it will be easy for first-timers using online maid listing portal. They also have many maid agencies there for you to browse through. Their website is www.searchmaid.com.sg

Anyways, the information on how to renew your helper is written on the MOM website (http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits/work-permit-for-foreign-domestic-worker/renew-a-work-permit). I think you have to renew the work permit, security bonds, insurance etc...

Hiring a brand new FDW can cost you S$1k+ in maid agency. So this time i decided to try direct hire from indonesia Surabaya. Save on agent fees.

I interview the maids myself and it allows me to have more control over the hiring process.
All based on my guts and feeling when choosing the candidates (whatapps interview).

Initially I thought the Singapore application for IPA, buying security bond, insurance policy and SIP very difficult but I was wrong. It was quite simple and I managed to settle everything in 3 working days. MoM now very efficient. They even updated the insurance details within few days on the MoM portal. Impressed.

Has anyone hired a Filipino maid who didn’t request for any off? In addition, has anyone experienced hiring a maid that is on the petite side?
I lived in a flat, am wondering if height 147cm too short to do housework? I fear she is unable to cook comfortably or to hang out the clothes.

Has anyone hired a Filipino maid who didn’t request for any off? In addition, has anyone experienced hiring a maid that is on the petite side?
I lived in a flat, am wondering if height 147cm too short to do housework? I fear she is unable to cook comfortably or to hang out the clothes.
I had a Filipino maid before whom doesn't required off day as well for a start.
But we still give her 'rest day' (day to rest but no going out) and not asking her to work daily...
Later (about 6 months down the road), she requested to have 1 day off per month.. We thought to give and take plus her attitude is still alright.. Subsequently as months passes, she requested 2 day off per month instead... At first, we still gave her but later found out that actually she had a bf outside... And even had 'part time' outside. We then reported to agency, and have her changed... Since then, we decided not to take any more Filipino maid.

I had a Filipino maid before whom doesn't required off day as well for a start.
But we still give her 'rest day' (day to rest but no going out) and not asking her to work daily...
Later (about 6 months down the road), she requested to have 1 day off per month.. We thought to give and take plus her attitude is still alright.. Subsequently as months passes, she requested 2 day off per month instead... At first, we still gave her but later found out that actually she had a bf outside... And even had 'part time' outside. We then reported to agency, and have her changed... Since then, we decided not to take any more Filipino maid.
Thanks for sharing. 2 day off per month can even have a bf...

Maids cannot hold a second job. She can only work for one household.
If they are caught , they will face tough penalties.
People who hire moonlighting maids can also land in court.

Maids cannot hold a second job. She can only work for one household.
If they are caught , they will face tough penalties.
People who hire moonlighting maids can also land in court.

Yes. Which is why when we found out, we informed the Agency and have her swapped

Hihi. I have a 4yo girl, and preg with twin, EDD sep. Had prev engaged a pinoy helper for 2 yrs, afterwhich we parted ways as kiddo attends childcare and she wanna go back. Anyone has helper looking after newborn twins? Can share your experience and the wage? Thanks.

Back