What's wrong with having Daughter/s?

Gosh, we could be in the same block!!!
lol.gif
Gosh, quick, PM me your details!

Hi MH,

How are you? Now that i know the gender, i feel closer to my baby and can relate better to her. Can tell her about music and clothes etc.

Somehow i find it easier to talk to baby this time round compared to the first pregnancy. Felt so wierd at that time to talk to the baby inside my tummy. With practice, now better.
happy.gif

Still cracking my head over baby's name.
happy.gif
..... I wanted baby to have the share the same second name as my elder daughter but hubby says need not to follow so strictly.....
happy.gif

Hi Yuki, got ur PM.

You can accees your PM via email. That is if I PM u a msg, the msg will go into your email. I hv jus replied to u. We indeed stay veri near!

Hi MH,

I stay in Bukit Batok. Quite near you.

That time when i found out my baby's gender i also disappointed cos like you, I also wanted to have a boy and close shop. I was still hoping the doctor made a mistake.

In fact, it was my hubby who always tell my elder girl that she must sayang her "mei mei" even before I went for the scan.

Anyway, my hubby wanted to have a 3rd one and I hope it will be a boy although my MIL says girl or boy same same so long they are healthy.

Hi ,

Any of your baby started teething?

My girl starting teething. She is 5 mths now. She refuse to take milk for the past 2 weeks. Will scream and cry once she sees the bottle. Started her on cereals and she seems to like it. She will drink some milk only if I latch her on.

Anyone would like to share on the teething problems?

Hi ,

Any of your baby started teething?

My girl starting teething. She is 5 mths now. She refuse to take milk for the past 2 weeks. Will scream and cry once she sees the bottle. Started her on cereals and she seems to like it. She will drink some milk only if I latch her on.

Anyone would like to share on the teething problems?

yuki: not so bothered now...think the bb is much active than my first gal, kick me a few times yesterday...

glmum: how old is ur first gal now? ur MIL very nice...my mum only say bo pian lor...

Hi girls

Wow didn't know so many of you are experiencing the discrimination as well. I thought I am being too sensitive for getting angry at their remarks. My Mum and MIL said when they found out it's a girl "Nmind, can help do housework!" I laugh at her comment! Is that the only thing girls can do? Can't they be the next Olivia Lum? Or Eunice Olsen? It's like all girls are born to be useless. All these people very so shorted-sighted.

i stay east too but not SK, i stay near marine parade
happy.gif
. my elder gal is 21mths old

Hi glmum,

my gal dun hv much of teething prob, so much so that when her molars' out we din notice! but i do hear that teething can be a painful exp for some kids. n ur exp sounds normal to me.

Hi yuki, glmum, MH

aiya i very "greedy"... i always wanted to have 2 gals, but when confirm 2nd is gal.. somehow i feel abit disppt that i cant have a mixture..coz i want to stop at 2. Yet it was my wish to have 2 gals..strange right. i guess its like i want best of both worlds.. hving to fulfil my wish of hving 2 gals n yet wan a mixture, so if this preg is twins with 1 gal/boy, will b perfect haha..but more difficult then strike TOTO.

Hi ginko,

ya loh, pp think gals r inferior, dun know y. Infact i read in women's weekly that in the nx 20yrs, no of rich woman will surpass man (in US) and that more gals are in university then boys (i rem this is so for Sin too, but not too sure). Prob they think gals cannot carry on family name? such absurd n old fashion thinking. Juz like Ch8 "BB Blues"..aiyo the chen liping MIL, cant stand her!!

Hi MH,

My elder girl is coming to 3years old. Ya, that is what she says lah but i still like to have a boy. I always hear her talking to her friends saying girls or boys same same lah, so long they are healthy, she is ok with it. But I think her friends always say until she also "sian" liao. Every once in a while i will hear her saying that. I think her friends also asking her whether i will try for another one and she says, 2 also scared liao still want another one! I think she is saying she take care until she
scared.

Hi mummy of 2 gals,

So good hoh, no teething problems. Actually my elder gal also no teething problems but this younger one very jia lat. Hope it will go off very soon.

Hi Ginko,

Ha ha. I would be upset by your parents and your ILs reply. Does that mean boys need not do housework? Actually i think if i have a boy, he will kena 'tekan' by me. My elder sister pampers my younger brother alot and and always help him carry things cos he's rather skinny. But i will always let my brother carry the heavy things cos i believe a man should be a man nad learn from start.
happy.gif
A terror am I?
happy.gif

i have a 6yrs old girl & now trying very hard for another bb. if i can choose, i would very much want to have another girl too
happy.gif

Hi all,
I am a mother with a 5 year old and a 6 weeks old daughter. of coz, after you have a daughter, you want a son, but to think of it, daughters are better nowadays.

Sons get married and become someone else's husband.

During my mum's birthday and mother's day/father's day. I am the one celebrating for them. I am the one shopping with my mum. I am the one buying diamonds and gifts for her. I am the one giviig her monthly allowance no matter how financially stretched I am. I am the one accompanying her to saloons and massage.

As for my brother... he has left for Australia for studies (and getting my mum to pay for his bills cos' he can't afford it at that time) and now a PR. Dun think he is coming back except for holidays.

So ...... is a daughter better or a son better in the world today?

I have two boys and I get annoyed when mums with daughters tell me how much I'm missing out. I mean, who doesn't know girls are 'generally' more filial, easy to handle, sweet etc? But some are also whiney, sensitive, pouty, and lack charater/spunk.

Mums with only daughters sometimes give me the 'pity' look too, like I kena two boys, so jialat. Some will say, oh I'm glad I have all girls instead of all boys.

I mean, how would they know anything about boys? They have not even experienced bringing up boys. Boys can be loving too, and sweet, it all depends on their character and how you bring them up.

I wouldn't trade my cute, adorable boys for anything else. All girls, or all boys, we should just treasure them as gifts from God, enjoy them while they are young, give them the best that you can, and pray they have a happy life when they grow up. No need to expect anything like whether they'll take care of us or not. Else, you may end up disappointed, whether or not yours is a girl or boy.

I can't agree more with you, Boyswillbeboys. My sis, who has a boy and a girl, tells me it's better to have a girl - they're easier to handle, more caring, will be closer to their moms, etc. But to other members of our family, it's her son who has a more caring, sharing nature and always thinking about his mother's and sister's well-being. His sis, on the other hand, thinks about her own needs and puts on a crying fit that affects everyone else when she doesn't get what she wants.

It really does come down to the character of the child and how you interact with them, not the gender. Many men I know are filial sons and take very good care of their parents after marriage, even if they dote on their wives. There are many women, too, once married go on to take better care of their in-laws and 'forget' their own parents.

JMO
happy.gif

I got 2 boys myself. Always wishing for a girl since my 1st birth but couldn't have none.
So sad and so envy those who has at least one. Really 'drool saliva' when i see a girl.

Well no matter how, my boys are my life!

Haha, personally i feel that this kind of decision isnt really up to us.. The more we want it (boy or girl) it seems that we'll have the opposite one.. My hb & i hope to have a boy, ended up we have 2 girls..One of my relative hopes to have a girl, keep trying, ended up having 4 boys before she finally 'surrender'..
kao_laugh.gif

I feel that outsiders can never understand how a mother feels. Be it boy or girl, is gender abt everything? Sometimes I dunno why even in this new generation, 20th century, pple are still harping on having boy. Isn't the health of your little ones more impt than anyone else. Yes, there are really pple out there who are really insensitive, untactful and passing hurtful remarks when you can't conceive a boy or girl who they deem to be essential. For those mummies who have gone thr a tough period during pregnancy would agree that their own bb health is of utmost impt, more so than if it's a boy or girl. I'm surprised that even mummies who cannot sympathise other mummies and passing crude remarks too.

when we found out that we were expecting DS last year, my MIL remarked, "Good lor...no need to try for a second one liao" Gosh and before that for some reason, everyone thought i was having a gal and she was going gals are good too. No matter what, the older generation would prefer at least one grandson...so as to carry on the family line. I just wish for a happy healthy baby.

hmm, i used to think that my extended family was not gender bias cos me n my cousins are all gals, and they never said anything against that. but when i announced that i was expecting a boy last year, they were actually happy that it's a boy, something like finally a boy, etc. my grandma confessed that it's not that she's totally neutral to gender, but these things are decided by God, so no point grumbling about it.. :p Personally, I'm also neutral, but a gal would be quite fun to dress up n all. I'm also quite irritated that when i tell people that i have a boy, they'll respond "oh, so you must be v happy". Hallo, if gal i'll be equally happy as well! And i'm also a daughter to my parents mah. The comment insinuate that my parents are not happy to have me?? hmmph...

Before I gave birth to my eldest son, my hb and I casually asked his mother whether she preferred a grandson or granddaughter. She said it didn't matter as long as the child was healthy. When I celebrated my son's 1st mth, she told my mom that her son brought glory to their family by having a boy.

'didn't matter", ya right!

While gender doesnt matter to me but deep down, Both my husband and I wished for a baby girl. I am so happy that my wish is fulfilled. I love having a baby gal. She is so attached to mummy. I love to dress her up and make her laugh. And she behaves just like me ... :D

When my wife had her 1st pregnancy, we wished very much to have a gal,*hooray* we got a very cute gal now 2 yo. Just found out that my wife is 7 weeks pregnant and this time rd, both of us hoped to have a boy. Then we asked our gal whether she wanted a "didi" or "meimei" she said "meimei". Few days later, we asked again and she gave the same answer. Then my wife told me, we better stop asking her, scaly.... haha..but deep down, we really hoped for a boy and if really a "meimei" comes along, we would also love her as much as we loved our 1st gal.

Ladies,
tbh there's nothing wrong with having boys or girls, all are ur children and it's really hard to tell whether a boy or girl will be more filial or closer to u, it's rather more dependent on the upbringing of the child.

JT, when my mom had my bro, people asked me "girl girl, ur mummie got didi or mei mei", and i kept saying "didi", end up the baby is a didi. not sure however.

i am in my 25 weeks of preg, expcting my 1st BB who is a gal. surprising the happiest is my MIL cos she has 2 sons... says daughters these days are better, son will run away to their wife (haha.. just like my hubby)

but in any instance, gals are usually more guai guai and can dress pretty pretty like us
happy.gif

on the contrary, my dad hopes its a boyboy cos i am the only child.. hard to please both sides ahhh

hey, everytime i go shopping, and when i see mummies shopping with their girl girl, i feel so sweet.. and i always look forward to the time when i can go shopping with my angel, she's only 20 mths now.. so i got to wait a little more.. perhaps 4-5 years old, can become my shopping companion.. so nice..

So long didnt come to this thread. How's everyone doing?

Ju, very fast your girl can accompany you for shopping liao. I like to bring my elder one for shopping. She's 3.5yo and will tell me "mummy mei mei" when I tried clothes in the fitting room with her!
lol.gif
Quite fun to bring her out!

yah bluesea, I am really looking forward to all the wonderful stuff between mother and daughters... so much to share.. she really touches my heart, especially now she change from calling me mummy to ma-ma... wah the way she calls me ma-ma.. aiyo, my heart will go all.. so icing-sugar sweet.. that i cannot described..
happy.gif

Hi Ju, yeah, understand your feeling, so sweet!
happy.gif
Are u planning on #2?

Hi 4ever, welcome! And hey, congrats to you! How old are your 2 kids?

Hey mummies..im another newbie here.I myself got a 5mths old daughter & i tink having a daughter is beta & i agree wif some of you that having a son isnt all dat fillal smetimes.

hi bluesea,

i am currently planning for #2, for a few months liao.. really hoping to strike soon... this time I hope that it's a boy for my HB's sake, then HB will not feel so left out and he will have someone to do boys stuff and men to boy bonding.. (if there is such a thing.. hahaha)

but actually, girl i also like, then my girl will have a sister to keep her company.. and i can also recycle clothes.. hahaha.. me so cheapo...

my angel has turned into a monster today! refuse to sleep and for two hours, has been challenging me.. purposely cry until vomit to get her way..

Hi Ju, all the best in ttc-ing!!

Recently, a colleague asked me if I would like to try for #3 and I said no way! Then he said abt carrying on family name etc.... aiyoh... I just told him we're not bothered lah.

JT, I'm sure she will be a lovely girl. Now my younger girl is coming to 2yo and gosh, I wouldnt trade her for anything else! She's so lovely and adorable, doing all tricks to make us laugh. I think my days would be dull w/o her in my life!!
happy.gif

Have you realised tt most Dads actually bond well with girls instead?
happy.gif
The men actually like their whiny yang or characters...many die hard "only like boys" fathers I know end up prefering their daughters.
happy.gif
My hubby is one of them.

Just to share, cos I have a girl aged 3 and both sides of family wish for boy for my next pregnancy esp since hubby is only son. But me and hubby actually prefers girls.

So take heart!!

probably boils dwn to personal family choice
happy.gif
if hubby & wife both dun mind then it is ok. if toking abt "carryin on the name" - a fren of mine who is only daughter had an understding & loving hubby whom changed his surname into hers, to "carry on the line" - but v rare lah

My 1st child is a gal and i have encountered a lot of wat u ladies were posting

1) my youngest aunt who had an overseas education in UK and whose 1st child is a gal was saying if 1st child son better

2) my own mum is a very kind & nice lady, said, "if 1stborn is a son, wun be too presurisng for u the next time round

3) my sister who is 22 said 1st child son easier for u

4) my MIL telling my cousin-in-law whose 1stborn will be a son tat good to have boys

etc etc

and i FULLY agreed abt the sympathetic look people thrown, just like wat some of u posted..telling me nevermind lah, 1st child any gender okay, next time try for son

i bet the faces will be a lot more sympathetic if my 2nd & 3rd child are gals as well =p

Was sharing with my mum and asking her, daughters are better rite, like me & sis. She admitted that is true but also shared with me no matter how lousy the son is, older folks like to have sons

Hi Gals, personally i feel there's nothing wrong with havings gals. But alot of people, especially the older folks think having sons better, if not to carry on the family name, at least to be around to provide for and live with their parents in old age. And that seems to stem from our local culture too that children must still live with parents, unlike the western culture where its perfectly ok for children to grow up, leave the nest with their spouse and get a life on their own. Our local culture encourages parents to cling on to their children, especially sons. Thats why so many MIL and DIL sad stories too.

But i feel nowadays, girls can do what boys can too, in terms of providing for old age parents. My sis and i are the only children my parents ever had and our parents loved us and we love them just as much and we take care of them and fend for them just as much as though we are the 'sons' who are tasked to be with and look after their parents till to their grave. Cant say we are doing the best job but we can to a fair extent. So having gals are still great!

But even then, i hope i dont have too many daughters, hope i just have 1. Cos being a gal is such a tough job, have to be strong and independant so as not to be bullied, have to risk getting husbands who may be mummy's boy or MCP, have to face MILs, worst to live with MILs, have to shoulder the burden of blame if cannot conceive or bore a son. I would be heart broken if my daughter has to go thru all that.

It always seem easier for the sons, just grow up and dont get into any criminal offence will do. Sad ...

i agree, Maplebabies
happy.gif

but 1 gal not enuff, i prefer 2 gals and 2 sons =p

so ur gal born which month ?
happy.gif
i also come fr a family with 2 daughters only

Hi,
I happen to come to this thread. I have 2 boys and have heard so much abt how nice it is to have gals as gals are more guai, caring, closer to mummy, etc. From my personal experience, I think it really depends on the kid's character and family environment. Like my hubby is the one who is very close to his family while I am not too close to my own family (was being brought up by nanny till 16 yrs old). It really depends on your personal relationship with yr family too. Anyway, I really hope to try for a girl but also very scare that I'll kena another boy...

yuki, bluesea and jen,
Interestingly i oso stay in the same area as u mummies.

Me too have 2 dd. And i know what u mummies mean abt the inferior look that pple give. It is indeed very annoying n irritating. Everyone after they heard i have 2 girls will tell me, "try for another boy then u can close shop". To me is. "Are u saying that a family if deficient without sons??!!!" And strangely enuf, no one ever made the comment when a mother has 2 ds. Even though the rascals are jumpung up n down non stop n creating a havoc while my 2 daughters are happily sitting there minding their own business. I am not saying that boys are naughty and bad. But what i am trying to illustrate here is, even the children are behaving well, i do not understand why pple must still harp on the fact that they are not males.

Pardon me for my ventilation.

tell those unkind ppl 2 girls better than to hv a special child. What's wrong with having girls? Healthy n normal good already.

Ppl said I got 1 boy 1 girl = hao (very good) But my girl is a special child so still HAO??
kao_sad.gif
sad.gif
angry.gif

felt like strangling these ppl!!
biggrin.gif

All girls ye hao, all boys ye hao, 1 gal 1 boy ye hao, 1 normal boy 1 special gal ye hao, as long as we ourselves happy jiu hao, hui sheng jiu hao. Whatever it is tong tong dou hao.

It's beyond our control of what others want to say coz the mouth grows on them. The journey is still long, its really superficial to look at the gender of a child to rate if she/he hao bu hao.

Back