What to buy for new born?

yes why not ;) you can even use milkbag.

Not all the time you can get glass bottle from hospital. I got almost 20pcs from Mt. A, but my fren only got 2 glass bottle from same hospital.

hi jan jan,

It's actually ready-formula from Similac/Nan. They give free for hospital as part of their promotion.
So when hospital give baby a formula, they will not keep this bottle (size only 120ml)

doolbydoo

thanks for sharing,

so when bb drink milk at hospital, they will gv bb such ready formula instead of they scoop milk powder at the milk tin rite?

is it normal to ask for such bottles used by ur own bb?

hi jan jan,

yes, it's not milk powder from milk tin.

Btw, pls take note that Similac glass bottle has the ml indication, while NAN is just plain bottle.

My fren only got 2 from the nurse while i got almost 20 (mix similac n nan) from 2 nurses. So it depends on how you talk to the nurse.

doolbydoo,

mayb ask as many nurses as possible to get the maximum no. of bottles!

or try to befriend w/ the nurses to get the max benefit!

how many actually shd b enough when u reach h to tk care of the bb feeding?

jan jan,

I asked 2 nurses coz i tot the 1st one didnt give me.

I'm using this bottle for formula-feeding and also for storage, i think 6-8 shud b enough. The lesser you have the more freq to wash them.

doolbydoo

in fact wat is the diff using plastic n glass bottles? is the ones selling in d mkt mostly plastic?

the steriliser sellin in mkt can they sterilise btoh glass n plastic?

sorry to intrude.

janjan
upon discharge from tmc, the nurse will give u sample milk.. u can request for similac which will enable u to have around 8 glass bottles from it. these glass bottles only can contain up to 90-110ml. the teat used is for one time use. so u have to get the cover for it.

difference betw glass bottle n plastic is.. glass bottle is heavier but BPA free. no need to worry about it at all. plastic some brand doesnt have BPA free bottle.

sterilizer can sterilize both glass n plastic. one thing to note is.. dont stock up the bottles from one brand if u intend to latch on often.. cos baby might reject bottle when they are too use to latching on.. so at that time, u might find certain brand's teat is not to the liking of your baby.

btw, i email u back the other time.. hope u have received it. sorry about the delay again..

hi jan jan...

yupe like joannelim said, sterilizer can do both.
If you want to buy plastic bottle, choose BPA free. In Canada all bottle that contain BPA have been recalled. in Singapore, maybe you can still find some.

Those BPA free plastic bottle normally a bit yellowish.

thanks joanne n doolbydoo,

r all bpa free bottles got indication when buying? how much more ex r they compared to normal non bpa ones?

if i choose total breastfeeding, does it mean that i no need so many bottles? can i jz rely on the bottles given by the nurse at tmc? i jz need to buy the lid or teats will do?

r teat size universal? which brand is good?

Useful list:

Item

CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES
Socks
Bodysuits
Long pants
Long sleeve shirts
Short pants / Boxers
Sleeveless shirts
Receiving blanket

NURSING NEEDS
Avent Bottles
Bibs
Burp cloth
Steam Sterilization Set with tong
Diapers Bag
Bottle Bag
Breastpump

BATHING AND TOILETRIES
Bath towels (hooded)
Bath tubs
Face towels / wash cloth
Shower
Shampoo
Baby Lotion
Wet tissue
Cotton balls
Cotton buds
Diapers (disposable)
Nappy liners
Diaper Cover
Cloth diaper
Nappy rash cream
Nail clipper
Changing mat

BEDDING
Cot
Crib sheets
Waterproof mattress pads
Cot mobile
Pillows
Bolster

MEDICINE CABINET
Thermometer
Yu Yee Oil (Ru Yi You)

OTHERS
Pacifiers
Stroller
Car seat
Baby clothes detergent
Feeding chair
Play gym
Bouncer / Rocker
Swing
Bouncing net

star bright,

where did u get the cot and bedding accessories? r they usually comes free when buying bb cot?

if i intend to use only disposable diapers, do i still need to get cloth diaper, nappy liner and diaper cover?

do u get those extra thick n soft bath towel for bb? or choose those thin towels?

how many bottles do u get? n wat size?

Hi mommies and mums-to-be,

Just like to share...you can try getting baby stuff from www.shopbug.com.
Their prices are slightly cheaper than retail and they offer free delivery for purchases above $50.
I got alot of my baby stuff from them, esp. toiletries and wipes.. Can save the trouble of going down to lug the stuff home.
Happy Shopping!

blackberryB, They are having great discount now lor..got additional 5% off on the discounted price. Which educational cloth book you bought? Pocket of Learning or Soft Play? Which one is good?

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/450761/2767470.html?1250064436

I also ordered my Peg Perego P3 Stroller from them last Sat. Their service not bad. Plannng to buy the Maxi Cosi car seat from them soon.

Which brand of clothes mummies buying for new born ar?

Any one here knows where i can get replacement avent tong (or other brands)? My tongs are now very yellowish and powdery.
this tong is used to fit the teat into the bottles.

Can I ask since hospitals will b giving glass bottles for milk storage and feeding... Do we still need to buy plastic milk bottles?

Hi mummies,

Sorry to interrupt.

I am Jan'10 mummy.

I hv the following items to sell :

- 2 BN packs of NB size huggies ultra diapers (24pcs/pack, RSP : $7.30/pack)

- 1 BN pack of S size huggies ultra diapers (44pcs, RSP : $13/pack)

- Almost new Cheeky Bon Bon Nursing Pillow (bought at $42.90), only use less than 5 times, cover washed

- 3 packs of BN Cussions baby wipes (55s/pack, bought at $2.25/pack, still with price tag)

- 1 BN Boots Expert Baby Sensitive Protecting Bottom Balm (75ml)

- 1 Boots Baby Medicated Nappy Cream (300ml), only scope out (with cleaned plastic spoon) abt 5ml

- 1 BN Boots Expert Moisturising Nipple cream (100ml)

- 1 Naforye Doughnuts Relief

- 1 BN Small size Guardian Abdominal Support Binder (suitable for both natural and c-sect surgery, bought at $29.95)

- 1 BN ‘Little Dreamers’ Postpartum healing salve (20ml, bought at $11, with price tag)

- 4 BN covered long pants with booties (pink & yellow, 0-3mths)

- 1 BNIB Lucky Baby Carry Rocking Chair – light blue

- 2pcs Waterproof & Flat Quilted Multi-Use Pads (27" X 36", used once & washed)

Self-collect at Redhill MRT.
Anyone keen plse PM or email me at [email protected] as I seldom check forum.

Thks!

Hello Mummies!! :)

HOT NEWS:

I have a BRAND NEW BABY BJORN (HOT PINK) SPIRIT CARRIER to give away for a price.

I have received a sling carrier for my bb's baby shower and I prefer using the sling. It looks like I have no use for this Baby Bjorn. It is NOT opened and definitely Brand New, comes with box.

I am giving it away for $150. I bought at RRP $179.

Interested, please PM me or email at [email protected].

hi,

Any mummy knows where to get cheap Ru Yee oil if buying in bulk quantity?

Thanks & warmest rgds

Hi, any mummies interested to take part in a 2.5hrs groups discussion on 21st or 22nd Feb @ 6:45pm on washing machine? Purely research studies.

* Married Females
* Age 20-49 years old
* Owns & uses washing machine at home
* Decision maker
* Washing machine must be at least 2 years old

$110 Cash Incentive. Pls sms to 91892420 with your full name, age & brand of washing machine (Pls indicate Top or Front Load).

You have to ensure that you have a ready baby clothes from 0-3 months old. It is important that clothes are in good quality and purely cotton so your baby's skin won't be irritated. Better if you buy clothes from reputable baby shop like for example Feather Baby since they offer clothes that are perfectly made for babies.

By the way they do have a site in case you want to see their products http://www.featherbaby.com

Back