!! What blender to use ??

Hi Maha,

I'm using a Philips hand held blender, which comes with multiple blade attachments, and also gives you the option of blending in a open top jar (which I used for baby), or blending in a chopper in the traditional way ( When I'm making adult food). It cost about $200+, but I get a lot of mileage out of it, and have continued to use it after my son outgrew pureed food.

Suggest you check out Tangs at Orchard Road, as they have quite a decent selection of quality brands - you may want to do some research before purchasing from them though, their prices are not always the cheapest!

Oh ok thanks caramel .. will check ard 1st ... am just worried abt buying the bottled food hence thought to of pureering the food for baby but again abit worried on the texture ..

Hihi

Yes, the texture is v soft... Of course the longer u blend, the softer the texture... I bought the set for less than $100... Dun buy those with extenders set . Basically just need the chopper and blender will do.

Fresh food is always best if you have the time
happy.gif
bluemoon is right - the longer you blend, the smoother the texture. You can make anything from slightly grainy porridge to really smooth paste-like puree, depending on how long you blend.

I used a Kenwood blender bought 14 years ago which looks brand new still. It's powerful, quick, easy to wash (that's impt!!!), and easy to use.

But I still use a strainer to strain out the bits that didn't make the cut so that I can just concentrate on feeding the baby during feed time, rather than still have to look out for clumpy bits to take out...

Metal strainer or plastics are ok, just have a dedicated toothbrush to brush out the bits after use.

I am using the Japan brand U-like. orange one selling in OG, Isetan where there is a demonstrator. I like cos easy to wash.

Back