very little breast milk

hi mummy,

just to share with u all. I tried TBF for the first mth. but after my confinement, i got chickenpox. and as a result, i did not latch but pump. my gal refused to latch too. my ss was very very low at that point of time. after i recovered, i continued to pump instead of latch till i went back to work. from 3-7 mths, my ss only ard 90-100ml per 3 hourly pump. now it drops to 60-70ml per pump. very sad. my gal now 10 mths old. sometimes, i really want to give up... but i "bu gan xin". haha...

That why I refused to stop latch on when the polyclinic doc asked me to stop bf for 3 days to bring down the jaundice fast. I know once I stop to let him latch on, he will reject the breasts and I have to depend on expressing.

hi aria jo,
no la.. havent been able to tbf.. trying very hard too. coz at first bb dun wana latch.. aft tat, slowly he wana be latched on but still couldnt tbf coz milk ss not alot.. but tat was encouraging for me personalli coz at least, bb wana latch on.. even though its oni for a while b4 having to supplement wif fm.. so took metoclopramide as prescribed by gynae but ss seem to be taking too long to increase.. now starting to take more milk plus.. hopefulli will increase la.. my ss of fenugreek seeds also finish oredi.. must go n buy.. tts y im thinking of appyling for unpaid leave so tt can increase ss.. the idea of ss stopping once i return to work is so scary..

hi haystack,
wats bu gan xin??? anyway, u managed to bf bb for 10 mths? if oni i can do tt..
sad.gif

How long it takes to see the milk supply increase if we nurse and latch on 3 hrly. So far each time I only express 60-70ml. Now baby is 2 weeks old.

Taking fish bone soup continuous for 3 days will see the differences?

hi, mommies

just to share. my daughter's coming 8mths and i'm tbfing. during 3mths maternity each time after latching and nursing i pumped. at night also, even if she doesn't wake up to feed.

i also slowly from 20ml each time (and that's in total from both breasts) to 30ml and then slowly 300ml (which meant always felt uncomfortable if i don't pump on time so that also forced me to wake up).

i built up 1-2mths frozen supplies as i expected my supply to decrease after i return to work, which it did since i only pump once a day now (get about 200-260ml). now frozen supplies only can last half a month if i stop now.

so, maureen, mom to be, you're doing fine. keep it up.

you can do it one

hi all, aiyoh, my bb kena hospitalised again.. for fever.. im oni getting hyped up abt doin ok but now tt hes hospitalised (again), its so depressing lor.. maybe if tbf then he wont be so sick..
sad.gif

to mom to be: oh dear...hope ur baby is alright..is it UTI again? don't be distressed, just keep on pumping at home..

to those on partial BF,
do ur babies drink a constant amount of supplement milk/ EBM each feed? mine can drink from 1 oz to 3.5oz each time...if give her too much, she will push out the bottle..waste milk ($$ and my effort on pumping!!)

her sleep is also a big problem.. she is going to 2 months..and she sometimes sleep less than an adult! she takes very long to fall asleep..rocking/ carrying/ singin/ talking to her doesn't help..amd she will cry very loud...very very hard to pacify her...

MIL very keen for pacifier and yao lan...me quite against...but maybe will relent sooner or later if this persist..

Hi Semangka,
I have not tried more milk plus. How isit so far?

Hi momtobe,
hope that your baby is better now.Dun be too hard on yourself abt not TBF-ing him. Even TBF babies fall sick.

Karut fish is it called Ngoh fish too? Just now asked my mil keep on telling me this and that. Cos I went shop and save and find it cheap to buy the whole fish. I need more fish to produce milk.

mom to be,
oh dear, hope your BB will get better. well, as long as your baby is latching well, your milk will slowly but surely increase if you let bb latch on often. it took me 3 months to be able to tbf my girl ( i only take 2 months maternity and 3rd still haven't finish utilising) but it's worth the wait!
happy.gif
You, jia you, okie? and pls dun think that TBF babies doesn't fall sick ok? They do and my collegue confirmed that with me. So, pls dun feel bad about it..

haystack,
i salute you for your patience and perseverance!

hi all,
thanks for the concern.. bb kena warded coz of high fever.. discharged tis afternoon but still got a bit of fever la. i think even if they advised bb to be warded i dun wan to la coz hes oni taking the medication for his uti.. no new medication watsoever..

hi cindy yeo,
my bb oso drinking alot.. but wen hes crying for more, usualli i'll just feed him water esp if hes still crying aft feed coz too much fm oso very heaty.. but then again, whilst at kk, the doc who saw me fed bb with water (wic i did aft i gav him his antibiotics) advised me not to feed water if possible coz it'll affect his feeding.. but if ur bb drinking milk well aft being fed water then shd be no prob.. the main concern here is tt bb wont wan to drink milk aft drinking water.. wic is not gd la.. hope u understand wat i mean here.. btw, my bb oso kept crying n crying at 1 point of time, rocking, singing all didnt help.. but eventualli the crying all settled abit la..

hi kemmy, aria jo
thanks for the encouragement.. maybe if my bb tbf then wont fall sick so seriously la.. during his follow up checkup must perform dmsa la, mcu la.. he'll kena poke again for dmsa, kena insert tube for mcu.. so heartpain liao.. seems like my bb like experiment like tt.. but if dont do all these, then wont have peace of mind coz dunno if got recurrence or not.. *sigh*

These two nites, I have been trying to nurse my baby. But often fallen asleep while latching on for a while. When put him back to playpen he wakes up and cries. In the end I gave him FM. How to make him sleep by latch on.

Hi rabbit41,
lie baby down on your bed,
he may need your "smell" to sleep.
happy.gif

Else you may wanna try this,
let him sleep with your shirt "worn b4 ones"
happy.gif

I don't dare to put him on the bed cos my 2nd son sleep can turn here and there and want me to hug him to sleep. Furthermore he can jump here and there when he is awake. A few days ago his head knocked on the baby head when I was bf.

Rabbit,

don worry lah... just tell your boy ...di di is here drinking milk must be careful..that is what i always tell my 2 gals leh.... so nw you got eat the fish ...got increase in ss a not? nw during first few weeks must really build up the ss leh before u go bck to work... u knw who am i a not?

Mother of 3 princess, of cos I know who are you. Eat fish, yes but not everyday. Now I am waiting my confinement to finish then I will buy fish everyday myself to eat.

Also remember to drink lots of water. Have been advised by doc and LC and did it for both babies. Remember you are letting out lots of fluid so got to replace.

I just pump out my milk. What a waste while I transfer to another bottle, the bottle was knocked dwn and the milk flow out left with 20ml. Me hard pain. I was carrying my baby cos he doesn't want to lie dwn.

Why don't you drink fresh papaya leaves drink? It's bitter though but really increase milk flow.
Can buy them from Wet market. If too bitter, put some rock sugar when boiling.

hi babycrest,
r u sure drinking papaya leaves water will increase ss? im trying hard to increase my ss even more now coz starting work soon.. how to prepare? just boil n drink?

Dear mothers I have the following for sale:

Fenugreek Herbal Supplements(from GNC)
unopened bottle, expiring in nov 08, 100 capsules, 610mg.
Selling at $27.50 for the unopened bottle, will be giving away another 1/2 opened bottle free upon purchase. Price negotiable

Motherlove More Milk Plus(opened bottle, expiring in March 2010)
Original packing is 120 capsules, selling the remaining 100+ capsules at $60.
This supplement is well-known and very popular among mothers who have low breastmilk supply. Adoptive mothers are even taking this to increase breastmilk supply.

Interested please sms me at 81187042. Buyers please meet to collect the items at Tampines MRT station.

Thank you!!

hi mummies,

my baby has just turned 9 mths and i'm still TBF-ing him. I bought my first tin of formula to standby and also to try out for fun coz i've heard some pple saying, some babies reject formula after being TBF.

My supply has gone down - if I express every 4- 5 hrly I only get about 125 ml max. But as long as it's enough for baby, I guess there should be no prob.

Wonder how long more you mummies here are going to BF yr babies for?

hi,

currently my baby coming to 11 mths. still breastfeeding her. now debating to stop or not when she reaches 1 year.

my supply starts to drop too... now every 3 hrly can only express 70ml max. sometimes wonder if it worth the effort anot.

nagia, how much ur baby drink a day?

Naqia, I bf my 2nd child until 19.5 mth. He is also tbf. That time I only express 100ml. So I can't afford to skip one session.

hi maureen, can i just check with u when did ur period come back? or u pregnant before your period comes back? after you pregnant, did u continue with BF?

Hi, actually my menses came back 4mth later, then regular. I got pregnant by accident. Still bf for a while then stop but in the end miscarriage and conceive again 2 mths later.

i did a test last friday. it's negative. but this morning, when i pump, my ss suddenly drop by half. i'm very puzzled.

for u, does the ss drop a few days before ur menses come?

My gal is 9mth old. Drinks abt 900ml. Am also debating to stop BF. As she refuses FM during the day, but will take if given to her at her 5am feed. And ss has been dropping now..

wow... jennifer,

ur gal drink that much? my gal only drink the most 650-700ml per day with 2 times of porridge. I did not start on the FM yet.

hi maureen,
rili? usualli decrease by how much? is it alot? will ss come back naturally like wat it used to be or must pump/nurse like crazy to get ss back?

Hi All Mummies,

Need your advice.... anyone have the same problem as me...

My ger is 5 weeks old...Wish to TBF but can't as I do not have enough mlk for her....... till now I still got to feed her hourly so tireding..... and its causes my nipple to sore......

Sometime I have to feed her formula extra 20ml to 30ml as she refuse to sleep as she is not full...

I tried feeding her formula once and I was shock that she can actually finish 120ml....

try to pump after she drink but my milk still did not increase....
sad.gif

My milk supply was more stable after 6 weeks. Initially use Medala normal motor pump, then switched to Pump-in-style. Me very KS. Let baby suckle then used machine to pump. Managed to breastfeed (though not total) till almost a year, even after maternity leave, went back to work. Everyday carried PIS to office and had to find time to pump about twice a day. Tiring but now my gal who is about 17 mth old seems to be quite intelligent, especially her linguistic skill, so I attributed this to I had tried BF her as long as possible. Don't give up. Keep on trying.

Kymi,
i was once like that when I force myself to total breastfeed for one of the weekends when she was 1 month plus. i manage to TBF her with short intervals like you. But baby was cranky the entire day cos not enough mik. so, after that i just take it easy and slowly let my body produce more milk naturally. and yes, my girl was taking 120ml EBM then! and it took me 3 months before i can total breastfeed my baby. at first i was supplementing 3 feeds of FM, then slowly 1 feed and then TBF. so, dun give up!

Actually must be more persistent. I didn't manage to BF my girl as I was sick when I came out from hospital, so didn't want to pass her the germs. Plus she didn't want to latch. So I pumped every 3 hrs from the beginning, and within the first wk, I could managed to express enough for her so I stopped FM. She's now 5 mths and I am still expressing and never latched on. So far still enough.

hi jing,
900ml? tts lots of ebm.. my ss now max is 40ml oni.. thinking of pumping at work now to try increase ss aft my menses.. bb oredi 3mths old but still cant tbf..
sad.gif

Back