Vaginal yeast infection

cloudless

Hi mummies,

Aby mummies had this before? I'm not pregnant yet I kept getting this. It's really awful as it itch like hell and I can't scrtqch in public.

How to cure and prevent it from keep occurring?

Hi hi, I got it too!

Must go to ur Gyna for medication. She will give u both oral medication n an insert medication to remove the bacteria. My itch stops immediately.

Meanwhile u need to cut down on sugary stuff as sugar encourages bacteria to grow again.

Hi Chaim,

I went to my gynae for pill insertion and antiboitic as well.. he advise me to drink Yakult and Yoghurt.

It did reduce the itch. but still comes back.. i was also given Gentrisone (steriod) this works wonders but the nurses says to apply sparingly.

I hope this will not come back.
sad.gif
itch like hell

My gynae has also suggested using a feminine wash that contains lactic acid to wash our delicate area daily.

Hi,
I had this infection quite many years back and keep recurring. It only finally stop after a year or two I remembered. It's really very frustrating coz of the trerrible itch.
Sometimes taking too much antibiotics can cause it too according to my GP. Recently I had it again coz I took a 10 day antibiotics for my very bad cough.
For daily cleaning, I will use Lactacyd (only the one that contain lactic acid). And never use soap or your bath wash to clean, it may cause more irritation. Don't over clean it and juz keep clean & dry.

I am also using a feminine wash prescribe by gynae.. yes, antibiotics do cause it come back cux antibiotics will kill the good bacteria in the gut.

my itch has stop. stop having overly sweet stuffs and drinking my Yakult religiously.

I cannot remember but 1 got it from Watson. The wash solution is readily available but I remember I had difficulty finding the apparatus. I went to a few Watson/ guardian before I managed to find one.

hi,

I have problem with this infection. In fact still does, but at least it's not so bad now. There is a lot of things to do to bring it down totally. You can google for more information.

1) Cut Sugar intake, if can, don't take sugar at all.
2) Use a good probiotics supplements daily
3) Take grapefruits seed extract (This one helps a lot)
4) Take garlic supplements
5) Drink a cup of baking soda with lime juice everyday. If can, every morning and night.

The main culprits is body is too acidic. The main aim is to make the body as alkaline as possible. Eat greens vegetables and complex carbohydrate.

Gynae medicine is a temporary solution and it will reach a point where the body become immune to the medication. that's when you need more medicine and more frequently. Which will make it worse, try and eat food that will make your body alkaine.

Hi impulse,

oh.. i didnt know it is due to the body too acidic.. is it a bad sign to anything?

And about ur pointer 5) baking soda with lime juice. how many teaspoon of baking soda? and mix into warm lime water?

i love garlic, will add more garlic to my diet.

and what food is more alkaline?

I think Impulse maybe incorrect. I think the pH balance should tilt more to the acidic side and not alkaline.

Yeast thrive in environment that is more alkaline, just like fungus.

That is why my gynae recommended feminine wash with lactic acid.

Justwanttobehappy: oh! i love gingko! okie! will go feast on it.. by the way, canned Gingko can do the trick?

Taitai: oh. i'm so clueless to these diet. i think i will stick to my Yakult daily. But Yakult high in sugar, than it defeat of low sugar diet to keep the itch at bay.

so embarrasing to discuss with close friends. hence forum is a good place to seek advice and share remedy. :b

Cloudless,

Pls don't take Yakult, as it contains sugar. Yeast loves sugar as they feed on them and multiply. You can order Culturelle from iherb to replenish the good bacteria in yr gut, but you need to keep it in the fridge. Try to avoid sugar and food that contain yeast like breads, cakes etc. Should you take antibiotics ( it kills good and bad bacteria so there is a tendency to for yeast to overgrow as it upsets the intestinal flora), you need to take culturelle for a week after you hv finished the full course of antibiotics. If you hv any other questions, you can pm me. I know yeast infection is really terrible, cos I hv been through it before.

Hi Cloudless, not sure if canned gingko will work, cos my mum cooked those traditional type for me , plus gingko is also gd for those with white discharge.

8506566.jpg
try taking that. Available at pharmacies in SG for $30+.
Anyone wanna try urgently I have bought extras.

Does anyone encounter vaginal dryness after a round of infection? I had yeast infection about a month ago. Doc gave me some capsule to insert for 10 days and it clears the itchiness. Had AF after that. AF has ended by vaginal is very dry which doesn't used to happen! Getting worried
sad.gif

Hi! Just chance upon this topic. There is a method that's really good n is going to work. I know how suffering this is. Eat yogurt! Yes!! Yogurt !! Any type,any brand and any flavor will do. I'm not selling or promoting any products here..
Take it once a day or twice a day if you can sense the uncomfortable feeling. At times,might feel alittle burning sensation too.. If all itchiness or discomfort goes off,carry on with the yogurt.
It's kinda like a tonic to our vaginal. It prevent yeast infection. It's really really suffering for ladies that's pregnant. Cos there is nothing much you can do due to you expecting.
It's really stressful.. I scratch till I cried.. Till it kinda bleed.. I know of this remedy only after I've delivered..
Since d day I started with this yogurt, I've never have this problem anymore. Take care..

hi ladies,

i have the same problem too during the last trimester and after the delivery of my 2nd child. The problem still persist now & then. I realised that when my menses are getting near, the itchiness will come back. This has been going on for many months..

Hi VL,go load urself with yogurt. It's really good and effective. And very healthy too. If itch has alrdy started,have it once or twice a day. After all ok,take it often. Once or twice a wk is gd enf.

I have tried this douche called Betadine (spelling maybe wrong) and popped Pearls YB. Hopefully, these will help to address my recurring yeast infection problem.

I am a huge yoghurt and Yakult drinker but these do not seem to help to keep the yeast at bay.

Any more tips, suggestion, recommendations? Would love to hear them.

Worse come to worst, have to pop diflucan whenever there is an attack.

Hi Tai Tai,cut down on sugar. Continue your yogurt. It's good. I used to have this really often.. Now no more. The person who adviced me on this is from gleneagle.. Or would u like to see him? He is a really nice. His medication is really good too..

No prob VL! I've been there so I know.. It's not easy.. Just imagine,I suffered for 8mths continuously!! Cos I was pregnant.. It s really suffering.. I scratch till bleed.. I scratch till I sit there n cry. Just imagine how severe it is.. If you want to see my gyne,I can give you his contact.. He is the one who teaches me the goodness of yogurt!!

Bek, many thanks.

May I know which Gynae you've visited?

I am not a sugar-taker, so unsure how much more sugar I should cut down. I have in fact went for a blood test to check sugar level, all in good condition.

I had yoghurt too but it ain't working.

Am now taking the

Hi TaiTai,this is his info. And I really hope you'd pop by.. Do give a call before you go cos at times he is not ard..
I didn't manage to load his name card..

The Woman's Clinic
-Dr Kenneth E. Lee
-tel 6368 1311

TaiTai,do not delay anymore.. It's really suffering.. I'm really happy I'm "itch" free!! And I sincerely hope it's the same for you too in no time!!

Bek, thanks for the contact.

Touch wood!!! I do not feel terribly itchy/burning sensation, only discharge during the fertile period and just before period.

I used to have yeast infection before. It's actually a very common condition among females except for the fact that it is very very bothersome with the itch and the discharge. So far, it has struck me 3 times. I was given a pill insertion and another pill that was taken orally. When I got pregnant, I had the worse yeast infection ever. There was no itch but I had sooo much discharge. I couldn't take the oral pill as I was pregnant so I had the pill insertion twice but it only stopped the infection for only a while before it came back again. So I had to deal with the discharge throughout my pregnancy. Gynae said that yeast infection is more common and harder to treat during pregnancy due to the surge in hormones and that was also what caused the spotting during the 1st trimester.

After I gave birth, the infection disappeared immediately. I have been breastfeeding for 7 months since my delivery and there's no sign of yeast infection at all and I hardly have got any discharge. I guess as long as there's no menstruation occurring, the incidence of yeast infection is very very low as you also tend to be drier in the vagina, given the fact that breastfeeding is a natural contraception.

Hi. Wan seek advise. Im ttc. But Im havin this yellowish sticky vaginal discharge for the past 1week. No smell though When I stand too long I feel this achy cramping feel at the vagina area which mks me very uncomfy lik im having menses. Sometimes Feeling fatigue too. Anybody experience b4?

What I mean is if u are getting this often u should test for diabetes. As recurrent yeast infection = fungal infection is a sign n symptom of diabetes

i believe i dont have recurrent yeast infection but i m extremely prone to getting vaginal infection since i was in my early 20s. i may get it when i take a course of antibiotics sometimes or if i wear tight n non airy clothing... or use the wrong ph soap at the area. i got it even mr easily when i was pregnant. i just had one bout of infection recently n i was given the medication gyno travogen and i had a very sensitive reaction to it (stinging sensation and soreness for days) - it really was a bummer. be careful if doc prescribed gyno travogen. i used quite a few different pessaries prescribed by doctors truout my life... but gyno travogen is the worst! just wanted to share.

Hi hi, I got it too!

Must go to ur Gyna for medication. She will give u both oral medication n an insert medication to remove the bacteria. My itch stops immediately.

Meanwhile u need to cut down on sugary stuff as sugar encourages bacteria to grow again.
I know this comment is from 2013 but just need to clear this up, vaginal yeast infection is NOT bacteria.
In this world, there are 3 types of organisms that can affect all animals and humans adversely and they are 1) bacteria 2) virus 3) fungus.
Using medicine for 1 will not work on 2 or 3. Using medicine for 2 will not work on 1 or 3. For example a lot of Singaporeans like to anyhow also take antibiotics when they don't even know if their cough/flu is viral or bacterial. Antibiotics do NOT work on viruses at all. In fact in the west doctors rarely prescribe antibiotics unless they are sure that its a bacterial infection because antibiotics resistance is a risk.
Vaginal yeast is a fungus.

i believe i dont have recurrent yeast infection but i m extremely prone to getting vaginal infection since i was in my early 20s. i may get it when i take a course of antibiotics sometimes or if i wear tight n non airy clothing... or use the wrong ph soap at the area. i got it even mr easily when i was pregnant. i just had one bout of infection recently n i was given the medication gyno travogen and i had a very sensitive reaction to it (stinging sensation and soreness for days) - it really was a bummer. be careful if doc prescribed gyno travogen. i used quite a few different pessaries prescribed by doctors truout my life... but gyno travogen is the worst! just wanted to share.

My discharge from using gyno travoge has a bit of blood like substance. Is it common. I'm also pregnant at the same time too.

oceantear, i dont have any blood like substance. i probably was allergic to the medication. i wasnt pregnant at the time of using. it is better to consult ur gynae on this blood like substance if it persists

Hi, not sure if this thread still alive.
Recently I experienced itchiness there and some discharge. im suspecting yeast infection and I'm trying to conceive, wondering if yeast infection affect the chances.
what are the tests that gynae need to perform to test for the infection? and roughly how much does it cost?

Hi Mummies, Yes, do consider natural remedies if possible.
I have a friend who had the same problem and she used essential oil, just applying helped!

Of course the essential oil you choose is also very important. Im also using Young Living essential oil.
Don't worry, not selling here.. just sharing what has worked for my friend.. do email [email protected] if you wan to find out more

hi, I have recurrent yeast infection for more than 6months. Yellow discharge, itch, and painful.

I went to polyclinic, have medication oral and insertions. It came back again.

I was refer to KK, I did PAP smear, pelvis scan, abdominal scan, vagina scan. no cause of cancer or anything was found. All they do is ask me observe and come back again 1 yr later to check.

Im on TCM medication now and it doesn't not help too.

Any Solution?

hi, I have recurrent yeast infection for more than 6months. Yellow discharge, itch, and painful.

I was refer to KK, I did PAP smear, pelvis scan, abdominal scan, vagina scan. no cause of cancer or anything was found. All they do is ask me observe and come back again 1 yr later to check.

Any Solution?
You can try eating probiotics and drinking chlorophyll daily....i used to have recurring yeast infection for more than half a year...seen docs and gynae but no medicine cured me. So i went to research and try to go natural....and thats when i chance upon this brand - pearls women probiotics (digestive and yeast balance) and also started drinking super chlorophyll....its been a year already and no yeast infection so far...do give it a try :)

Any Solution?
Hi
May i know if u have cured your recurrent yeast infectiom? Cos i m having the same issue
Can share? Thks

Back