Using nipple cream b4 giving birth?

Doling

Hi mummies,

Does anyone of u start using nipple cream b4 u deliver? i heard its good to start the last few weeks fr edd.

Any brands u will recommend? now i have a Mustela nursing comfort balm sample. Not sure if all crands can start using b4 bb is out.

Pls advise n share!! Thanks!!

May I know wat is ur purpose to use nipple cream? During my bf journey for 23 months, I only use once and due to blister from latching

I heard that its gd to moisturise the nipple area prior to giving birth to prevent cracking when latching or pumping after giving birth.

Actually not needed to moisturise. If latch properly, quite unlikely to hv nipple crack. In the case of crack, we normally just apply our own breast milk and air it. It will self healed.

I also wonder can apply before birth coz sometimes the nipple area can be very itchy during 2nd trimester. I kept applying lots of aloe vera

itchy? means dry mayb. or too sweaty cos hot. my tummy itchy sometimes lol

my tummy nt itchy. only the nipple and sides of my hips. guess the skin is stretching.....
i kept applying bio oil ard the hips too.

Ya those stretching part wil b itchy. I oso hav bio oil but wil only use it after delivery. Now using mustela stretch mark cream. V nice n smells gd heee... mayb u can use baby wipes to wipe oso. Bb can smell it in third trimester ;)

I started using nipple cream and stretchmark cream from mothercare since 20 wks pregnant, coz my nipples were very dry and peeling :( it works well!

The package says no need to remove before breastfeeding, but i think i will wipe with warm cloth before and after feeding.

I am about 14 weeks pregnant. I also faced nipples cracked and soreness. Is it normal? I used Medela (got from Unity, recommended by a friend). Is it normal for women to have cracked nipples during early pregnancy?

That time i asked my gynea, he said it's okay, just apply some lotion and avoid too much soap on nipple area when showering. In the end i still shower as usual, just apply the lotion. It heals :)

My nipples not that sore now but... sides of breasts r sore. Bottom oso e parts meeting the ribs..nv wear bra oso pain lol... stil haven put the mustela nursing comfort balm sample I hav though.

Back