Urgent Help needed!!! Employment Pass Holder and no helpers allowed :(

Abhinandan

Hi ..

We are Indian Couple holding Employment Pass. Currently, me and my wife, both have jobs and in September we are expecting our first baby to be delivered. We are totally new to this situation and have no experience of dealing with a newborn baby. (Unfortunately, when we planned to extend our family never realized that COVID19 would last this long :( ). Currently, I stay alone with my wife and we have no other company with us.

With our baby arriving soon and both of us working, we are in real need of a helper who can help us with general household activities and have experience with new born babies.

We have tried and reached to multiple Helper Agencies to hire an helper, but unfortunately no agency is ready to provide the service as the common response that we receive is MOM is not approving helper applications for EP holders :(
When we inquired with MOM about the same explaining them about our situation, the response received was that "It depends on situation to situation and if a helper is really needed then MOM might choose to approve the same." But this is not good enought response for any agency to help us with Helper service.

We are really clueless and I feel terrible to not able to help and support my wife here. Can anyone help us out here and suggest any ideas to hire or get helper or any other approaches that we can use that will make our lives easier.

Hi ..

We are Indian Couple holding Employment Pass. Currently, me and my wife, both have jobs and in September we are expecting our first baby to be delivered. We are totally new to this situation and have no experience of dealing with a newborn baby. (Unfortunately, when we planned to extend our family never realized that COVID19 would last this long :( ). Currently, I stay alone with my wife and we have no other company with us.

With our baby arriving soon and both of us working, we are in real need of a helper who can help us with general household activities and have experience with new born babies.

We have tried and reached to multiple Helper Agencies to hire an helper, but unfortunately no agency is ready to provide the service as the common response that we receive is MOM is not approving helper applications for EP holders :(
When we inquired with MOM about the same explaining them about our situation, the response received was that "It depends on situation to situation and if a helper is really needed then MOM might choose to approve the same." But this is not good enought response for any agency to help us with Helper service.

We are really clueless and I feel terrible to not able to help and support my wife here. Can anyone help us out here and suggest any ideas to hire or get helper or any other approaches that we can use that will make our lives easier.

Hello,
You can try infant care centre after your wife's maternity leave. Don't worry too much, we all have natural instinct on taking care of our young ones. And you can draw knowledge from your growing up and what you read.

Hello,
You can try infant care centre after your wife's maternity leave. Don't worry too much, we all have natural instinct on taking care of our young ones. And you can draw knowledge from your growing up and what you read.
Thanks for your response. Do you have any suggestions for Infant care centers ?? I am tryin not to worry too much.. but the idea of my wife delivering baby and me not able to support her is killing me!! Thanks for support though!!
Thanks

Thanks for your response. Do you have any suggestions for Infant care centers ?? I am tryin not to worry too much.. but the idea of my wife delivering baby and me not able to support her is killing me!! Thanks for support though!!
Thanks
Choose infant care centres near your house or your workplace and best to visit and talk to the pple there.

You are staying with your wife, right? So, of course you can support her. Help to do household chores, help to take care of bb so she can rest. Lots of things that daddy can help. :)

Or hire a confinement nanny to help in the first month post pregnancy..you can also try to hire part time maids thru agencies after that.

Choose infant care centres near your house or your workplace and best to visit and talk to the pple there.

You are staying with your wife, right? So, of course you can support her. Help to do household chores, help to take care of bb so she can rest. Lots of things that daddy can help. :)
Thanks!!! Yup staying with wife and thanks to Covid19, have learnt most of the household things including cooking and stuff!! what worries me is currently I can help my wife and we both are enjoying sharing the home work load!! But the thing is when we deliver our baby..we would definitely need some helping hands..my wife is very scared of Normal delivery and we will be opting cesarean for delivery..and from what I hear..its very tough for mother initially post delivery..I am not sure if I would be able to help her that time with baby and house work to take care :(

Or hire a confinement nanny to help in the first month post pregnancy..you can also try to hire part time maids thru agencies after that.
Thanks for your reply!! We have been trying to book an confinement Nanny but most of the agencies I contacted are responding with reply 'all nannies are booked for this slot' ..am too scared and wonder if am too late to look for help :(

Back