Unwed Mom

I need some help here, I'm due in July. However, my bf and I can only ROM after baby's born. Understand that for unwed mom, maternity leave is only 8 paid weeks. If I were to ROM during this 8weeks and present the Marriage cert am I entitled or can I extend my maternity leave to 16 paid weeks? Thus gov accept this? As the 8 weeks is paid by company and balance 8 weeks is claimable from the gov. Anyone can help me with this?

I need some help here, I'm due in July. However, my bf and I can only ROM after baby's born. Understand that for unwed mom, maternity leave is only 8 paid weeks. If I were to ROM during this 8weeks and present the Marriage cert am I entitled or can I extend my maternity leave to 16 paid weeks? Thus gov accept this? As the 8 weeks is paid by company and balance 8 weeks is claimable from the gov. Anyone can help me with this?

Hello, you need to provide more detail beco it might be confidential however, your partner and yourself might want to review again the reason why cannot ROM before you give birth? Dun be surprise you might be able to find a way to overcome the challenges and get ROM before you give birth.

All the best

I have a fren who went thru this, as long as the marriage cert comes before birth cert cos details of child's father reflected on birth cert.. u can still be entitled for the 16weeks of ML ?
I may be wrong, this is what she shared with me.

Important to check with your company as well. You have a genuine case and I am sure this can be smoothen out with internal processes as well. Bear in mind your Marriage Cert and your child's Birth Cert will need to be submitted for benefits..

Back