! * * Unforgettable Experience

nanamom

Hi all,

JIC anyone of u intend to visit the said clinic for a papsmear,
at least you will be prepared, unlike me.

I had gone for a papsmear at one of the paticipating clinics aftering reading bbstuff76's post. * thanks bbstuff76*
happy.gif

The clinic I went to is Healthway Clinic at 201D Tampines.

What happened was as soon as I entered the room, the lady counterstaff signalled me
to remove my shorts and panty right in the open,
with the male doctor sitting back-facing me.
She did not draw any curtain or attempt to provide me any temp coverage.

So I looked at her and she repeated at least 2x 'Remove your shorts',
while standing abt an arm's length from me, and looking at me all the time some more!

That's was when I signalled her to use the towel on the examination bed as a temp tent to shield the bottom half of my body from sight
while I remove my bottom clothings.

You see,
the position I was standing is only a <u>few feet</u> away from the door I had entered
and it wasn't locked,
so anyone could have knocked and opened it in an instance!

As soon as I remove my shorts,
she let down her hands and
TA-DA ... no more shield !
sad.gif

Then she expected me to climb onto the bed in the buff ... omg
sad.gif

coz she held on to the towel
Could have pass it to me, right?

Nevermind, I gave up on good initiative already
So I reached out for the towel
covered my bottom
and climbed onto the bed in style
without 'down-there' so exposed.

Next, she told me to bend my knees and 'OPEN LEG'.
The doctor was not even ready yet,
why do I have to keep my legs open while she stood in front of bed, looking at me.
Couldn't I 'OPEN LEG' when doctor comes ????

This is my 2nd papsmear, so not as shy as the 1st time.
Otherwise, I would not have gone to that clinic
after being told it will be a male doctor doing the papsmear test.

Just a little taken aback by the lack of privacy.
Otherwise, no complain.

To be fair to her, she was not rude,
just void of empathy and respect for patient's privacy towards me.

In comparison,
the service at the Polyclinic is so much better in terms of respecting patient's privacy.
Curtain was drawn, I was left alone and sister came after I called for her.

To be fair to the doc,
I think he had no idea what was going on
since he was back-facing us
and I did not utter a word to the lady staff throughout the entire seesion.
So he heard only one voice.

He was pleasant,
and very gentle coz I almost felt nothing was going on down there.

If I had know this was going to happen,
I wont think twice even if it was FOC.

Or is what I had experienced a standard norm in private clinic?

The nurse seems rather inconsiderate! but then again, i have walk past thie clinic a few times n mostly this clinic have very few patients, probably they also don't do pap smear that often hence the nurse also don't know the proper way to prepare the ladies doing pap smear.

Ya why is the nurse like this? Thanks for the share nanamon. At least if next time I need to do this I wont go to that clinic. Im thinking if they seldom do this, they should have same common sense.

Hi PandaWawa,

Thanks for your empathy ...
happy.gif

who knows this kind of treatment also happened elsewhere but no one speaks up.

My wicked close friend has said, maybe it's bcoz we din pay for free papsmear, so some clinic staff dun see the need to provide service to cheapos.

Sigh ... if participating in this Cervical Cancer Awareness Campaign makes one a cheapo, then I think many women would think twice about participating. Who wants to be a cheapo?

I think you have made an important point and that is ---> staff should have some common sense.

Hooray ... there is justice on earth!
happy.gif

Hi Meira,

yah .. maybe inconsiderate, maybe not sure of procedures ... whatever, I am not going there anymore for other medical attention.

Just feel sorry for the doc who's running the clinic coz his employee has chased away potential customers. Usually I go to Raffles Medical for medical and dental care, better service. Juz duno what happened to me to choose to go there!! :D

Hi Yorkoo,

Thanks for advise, that's a great reminder!!!

Yeah .. come to think about it, I wore a skirt when I went for my very first papsmear ...
Must have been jinxed and wore shorts!! hahaha!!
5776149.gif

Just a little update ...

Supposed to receive my papsmear report 3 wks after the examination but until now, have not received anything.

In fact, a few days after my visit to the clinic, they kept calling me but I could not be bothered to answer the call.

What could it be regarding? I wondered then ..

Now, I can only guess that maybe they have misplaced my cervix sample??
Or they need to re-do the test on me??

Maybe that is why I had not receive my report.

Now I have to go and take another papsmear test, but this time, at a more professional clinic.
I rather pay than suffer.

Sigh ... duno what had jinxed me ... never again !!

usually the clinic will call me to say everything is fine.i dun have to go to the clinic to collect the report

"they kept calling me but I could not be bothered to answer the call."

U couldn't be bothered????

Then now you are wondering and blaming them?? Get the truth 1st woman!

@sun:

I did not blame them ... it's just natural for anyone to wonder, to be curious ... it's human nature.

Anyway, I know what you mean ... maybe they have called me to tell me the results.

The lady told me it takes about at least 2~3 wks before the result is ready. The clinic will send the sample to the Cancer Society, their job is to collect the sample only.

And the result will be sent to the patient's residential address.

I had confirmed this with the lady who attended to me. That was what she said.

The clinic called me about 2~3 days after my visit ... isn't that a little too soon?

Just because I wonder, it means I blame them?

I am just putting my thoughts down ...

You were not at the clinic with me ... you did not see the way that lady looked at me.

BUT the doctor was professional and really nice.

I can't be bothered to call back because I want to move on and have nothing to do with that clinic.

Yet, I am curious why they called me.
Wouldn't anyone be?

In any case, I blamed myself ... no one forced me to go there. I believed this is my karma.

The purpose of writing this story was because I was feeling really lousy and a cheapo ...
just did not want anyone else to go through the same thing.

If I had made a sentence like "Do not go for free papsmear", people will be wondering why.

Lastly, don't accuse me of blaming the clinic.
I did not make any concluding sentences ... I merely said I can only guess this or that.

Sorry, i just realized u are the poster of this thread. Now i know &amp; understand where you are coming from.

Thanks for sharing. I hope you will never come across such staff again.

@ sun:

I must say all my life, I have come across only a handful of people who are courageous enough to offer an apology after making a boo-boo.

Good on you !!!
happy.gif

Cos it's my mistake for overlooked your posts. I misunderstood u so it's only right to apologize. I feel so bad after realisin the mistake. U already had a bad experience base on your 1st posting and yet unknowingly, I wrongly judged u and I must have hurt u somehow, causing u double agony. Glad u accept my apologies.
happy.gif

Well first time I read about pap smear test gone wrong!

Next time I take note when my siblings or friends go 'there' or suggest to go there for test.

I personally go back to my gynae as i am more comfortable with him. not sure if he is popular enough to be known in here. at bishan, dr henry.

Nanamon you shld feedback ur svc to them n see hw they react.. My pap smear this yr is painful, I think the gynae too rough coz I bleed. The gynae quite famous.. Got phobia gg for pap smear again..

Thanks for this site, I will be moving there, at least now i can watched out for this clinic!

About PAP smears, I just went to KKH to do it last week and they will send an sms to indicate the result and soon after 1 day, I received the hardcopy result slip from them. Thumb up services.

Definitely uncomfy and abit painful, but i guess no choice, mine was conducted by a lady gynae, still feel abit pain.

vonglm,

The Papanicolaou test (also called Pap smear, Pap test, cervical smear, or smear test) is a screening test used in gynecology to detect premalignant and malignant (cancerous) processes in the endocervical canal (transformation zone). Changes can be treated, thus preventing cervical cancer. The test was invented by and named after the prominent Greek doctor Georgios Papanikolaou. An anal Pap smear is an adaptation of the procedure to screen and detect anal cancers.

Errrr...sorry but PAP smear test free one meh? I always pay for mine...n it's not cheap....arghhh..... KKH free huh?? I never check leh...my gynae check for me when I'm preg only n I got to pay....how many yrs must do once har?

Remember the prenatal nutrition supplement survey ?We'll send an invitation email to 750 moms.
The maternal milk is a twice daily nutritional supplement for pregnant and breastfeeding women which contains vital nutrients like calcium, iron, zinc, BL® Bifidus probiotics, and more to ensure a well-balanced diet during pregnancy and nursing.

You'll get :

- A welcome letter to make sure you know what it’s all about
- A how-to sheet, so you know how to submit conversation reports and get more free stuff
- Two products, for you to experience and enjoy
- WOM guide with lots of information about the product
- An insulated nutrition bag, for toting your nutritional supplements and other mom stuff
- Five vouchers for $3 off, to share with friends at prenal classes, or wherever

Remember you still have chance in survey link: http://i2.wildfire.asia/s/11.

Back