Twins/Triplets/Multiples Mum to be!

pinky

i suppose everyone's experience is different... Some are blessed with easy to handle babies and others have babies that need more attention.

kiki,

You're extremely lucky to be able to bring them home so soon. Have fun bonding with your lil' angels.. this is a very exciting time...!

Carla,

your insurance plan is wonderful. Do stick to it. For us locals, there is no such plans especially with ivf. Even the ivf insurance plan from Ge or aviva is not sufficient. The new pru plan for pregnant mums also dun cover ivf pregnancies.

So for those who are multiple pregnancy and want to save costs from possible super early delivery or any baby complication and are locals without great insurance hospital coverage, I strongly agree with Sam(mummywanabee) to go for subsidized rates in kk.

kikichan,

Yes, we are spoiled with our insurance policy, we wouldn't have the same coverage if we were back in our home country thats for sure....(It doesn't cover IVF either) So being off shore has it's benefits! How are you going with your new additions? Enjoy every moment...even if you are exhausted! Its such a special time, for you and your hubby!

Pinky, my maid was hired mainly for the housework etc, I take care/ will take care of the children mostly. It's also to have another pair of hands handy! And we all know how handy another pair of hands can be sometimes! I'm pleased that your Mum is going to come and spend some time with your DD during that week, it's so important to start the transition to having a new addition on a positive note! The last thing you will want/ need is to upset DD, it's going to be hard enough for her already! I know my 2 are finding it strange- the babies are not in my tummy anymore, yet they are not at home with us.. and as much as we've explained/showed photos etc,,,I know they don't fully understand why the boys have to stay in the hospital, in their 'special' beds.

I am happy to give my 2 cents in any way I can... although rest assured, even though I've done it before... I am still learning, I have learnt a lot first time around, and already I feel more calm and confident in looking after my boys..

Just to share some EXCITING news..( well for me!), ... as is normal the boys have been losing weight since their birth.. usually 2-4 grams per day.. however today, Jack put on 10 grams and Harrison put on 32 grams!!!!!, I was so thrilled I was in tears! They have increased their milk intake to 11 ml every 3 hrs, and are tolerating it very well. This afternoon when I went to the NICU, they both had their eyes open, and were very active... so fingers crossed this progress keeps going and they should be home in another 3 weeks or so! Hooray! They are 1 week old tomorrow!

carla,

ur insurance policy is great! & it's great that the boys have put on weight! hope it stays this way - them putting on weight and increasing their milk intake. they'll be home with everyone really soon! must be tough shuttling between home & the hospital.

yes an extra pair of hands is always appreciated! hopefully the transition will go fine for all of us.

kikichan,

glad that u r home with the babies. rest well & enjoy!

Spiffy,

the stories about domestic helpers have also kept me & DH very conservative about getting one. it's good that ur mum can help out with 1 baby, then at least it's cheaper than putting both babies in infant care together. will u be considering putting both kids once they're in playgroup age?

Kikichan

Thanks for sharing [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Did hear of the c sect pain after delivery but I guess for the babies it's all worth it. I was thinking of doing GA c sect but i will be the last to see the newborns. Congrats again and enjoy motherhood [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pinky

I am a first time mum and also have my reservations abt having a domestic helper. Already booked a CL and hope i can cope after that.

Sam

Thanks for sharing. Yes, I will discuss with my gynae abt going to kk as an "insurance" if i should deliver earlier. Cant imagine having to care for 2 little ones and worry abt the bills at the same time

pinky

Playgroups sound like fun and educational. i might try it out when they've reached toddler stage.

My main concern about IFC is not so much costs than them falling ill at this tender age. And with the hand foot mouth disease going around right now, I'm doubly worried! Sick babies = cries a lot = heart pain.

Pinkly and L,

I forgot when my twins turned, but should be in the 20+ gestation period. But as both of you have already found out, it is possible for babies to turn during labour. My OG had to prevent my second twin from turning after delivering the first one... ;p

Hi all

thanks for the well wishes. Hope that L, Pinky & doblue deliveries will be smooth and babies growing well too!

Carla, is your PD Dr YY Yip? Heard that he is good. May your precious boys grow strong everyday so they can go home early. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Sam,

I am also expecting triplets, and have been asked by pte gynae to go register w KKH and go there for regular appointments as just in case measure.

Ur babies were delivered at 32 weeks? Did u deliver at KKH too?

kikichan,

Yes, our PD is Dr YY Yip, he has been since the birth of my first 2!

We find him very re-assuring and professional.We are also very appreciative of the lengths he goes to,keeping us informed on all that is going on.

I don't think they'll be coming home any earlier than expected, but so far, so good!

How's it all going with you and your gals?

MLPY,

thanks for the input. My twins were vertex & tranverse initially, then now in 69. The cut-off date shall be week 36 for us. If there's no changes to the positions a C-section it shall be!

nann,

my hubby encouraged me to go for GA simply because he didn't want to be around during the birth of the babies. Think he may have been traumatized by my 1st. hahaha. but friends who've gone for GA for their c-sections encouraged me to opt for epidural instead.

hey pandawife

Welcome to the forum... which month are you in now? Btw, what genders are the trio?

pinky

are you going for GA? my hubby requested but wasn't allowed to be present for the epidural c-sec.. Just in case anything happened.

Spiffy,

thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i m 20weeks now... 2 boys 1 ger...

getting heavy already.. i m trying to complete all my shopping by sept..after tht wanna rest at home... back aches when i walk too much...

i think the last set of triplets we had around here was YumYum's back in April. Hope she is giving you good advice.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

spiffy, i have not had much chance to chat w yumyum.. hee.. she pops by the other thread occasionally... must b very busy w 3 babies....

Hi Naan,

Hope you can give birth close to due date and preferably the babies hit at least 2kg.. If its like that you dun have to worry so much..

Good luck n take care!!

Hi Pandawife,

I gave birth pre-term at 26+6 weeks, gave birth in SGH, i had over 40 doctors and nurses when i gave birth under the care of Dr Tan Hak Koon and another 2 high risk doctor Dr Tan also.

You should rest more in bed, drink lots of milk now.. i gave birth early as my cervix has dilated when i was 23 weeks and went to sew up my cervix and tolerated and total bed rest to tahan another 3 more weeks.

Having triplets is not easy, recovering time also slightly longer.Taking care even worse.. haha ... but you will enjoy the whole process though..

Sam, wow...sounds like u were well taken care of at SGH.

sorry, 26 weeks + 6weeks means u delivered at 26weeks and babies stayed in hospital for another 6 weeks? me blur....

thanks for the tip... now i dun go out unless its absolutely necessary. just sit on my sofa or lie on bed to rest.... i agree carrying triplets is a big challenge... coz the weight is already very obvious even though only at 20weeks.. i hv to walk and move around very slowly....

glad to hear that u r coping well and enjoying being mummy of 3 cuties! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Kudos to the mummies of triplets... already with twins, I feel so huge and uncomfortable! I can't imagine having 3 in me. Haha... it must feel like wrestlemania inside the tummy everyday!!!

I'm going for W33 check up this Thurs. Excited to see how they've progressed. Hope that they will be close to the 2kg mark! The last time at W31, they were both 1.6 kg. Crossing my fingers. This is also my last week at work before I take leave.. I'm planning to put my 2 year old boy in a playgroup and settle some domestic affairs before the twins come!! So many things to do... =)

Pandawife

I think sam means 26weeks +6 days, so nearly 27 weeks.

Good that you're not working, can limit stress and movement!

spiffy, ohh..haha.. me brain confused! thanks for the clarifications [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yeah.. its a blessing not working.. otherwise i dunno how to cope also... now my life mission is to keep the babies inside as long as I can... :p

L,

how often are your check-ups now?

Aiya my girl is in between the age of infant care & child care so we can only wait till the twins r out before deciding whether to put her in playgroup or not.

Hi Pinky, i'm currently still seeing 2 gyanes... so I'm seeing one every 2 weeks. After my chk up this week, we will decide if we will go to TMC or KKH for the C-sec... then we will prob only see 1 gynae.

Actually the reason why I'm putting my boy in playgroup is cos the twins are coming... wanted to be able to take a breather in the morning, and give him some distraction. I heard many horror stories from friends/colleagues abt a kid starting school/playgroup/childcare... so I wanted to start him few weeks before the twins come to adjust him. Yeah, everyone ard me tells me that the toddler at home will act up with coming of new baby/babies in our case... usually takes a few weeks to a few months! I'm trying to prep myself mentally for that..

Hi all,

I must be out of my mind to think that i am strong enough to bake with dd 1&2 for their teachers' day! These few days is really rather trying for me and i am really very tired. However, seeing the joy that the girls have is priceless. But the thot that i need to handle all the 5 gals nxt time is still kind of scary.

I was telling hubby that it is hard not to have a helper at home for us but it is on the other hand stressful to have one esp new one whom u really dun know how they really are. My new helper dun seem to be as patience plus she dun know how to cook and not so keen to learn am really not sure she can really handle my home not. Sigh..........

Am telling my bbs dun come out now, cos the helper is still not so settled, and we dun really dare to leave her alone with the kids neither do i want to go and give birth on my own.

Kikichan,

Enjoy the great time with your bbs at home. Take care.

You made the epi c-sect sound so scary...... i used to think that if i cannot have VBAC i will go for epi c-sect, but now the thot of epi with the cutting of your body while you are awake feel kind of scary. Guess i am getting old........

Anyway, will juz move on 1 day at a time now.

PandaWife,

Welcome. I already feel that having twins is so different for single bb, i guess is not easy for u too. Take care and rest more.

Pinky,

I know some childcare will take in kids who are near to 18mths. But i always think that it is better for them to go in after 2yo as they can express better. My dd2 was not easy and i have a hard time handling her with dd3 for 3mths b4 she is 2 yo. Even so, she got "bully" by the boys in her class. The good thing is she can tell me who is the one but not much we can do also. Since your dd is easy to handle u may wanna wait till she is 2yo.

doblue,

yeah I think we'll wait till she's older cause now I think is a bit too late. She has just started to express herself with simple words and gestures so still can cope. Plus I've a supportive hubby & my parents sometimes take her so I can rest. Nice to have my parents living nearby!

My parents are actually very worried about how I'm going to cope with 3 children under 2 but I told them just take 1 step at a time lor. Now worried also no use cause it hasn't happened yet so we can only make the necessary preparations and act accordingly when the twins come.

Will be 32 weeks on Friday. Check-up on Monday. Starting to think if I can tahan till my c-section when I'll be 37 weeks + 2 days!

Things left to do are to wash bb clothes & wait for the cot to come!

doblue,

will u be considering any birth control options after the girls? My hubby thinks 3 is enough & maybe can get my tubes tied together with my C-section. But I am still so young & thinking, what if we want #4? hahaha. Birth control pills didn't work for me cause I always forgot to eat them & they affected my milk supply. Think my next option will be IUD. Always want to discuss this with my OB during my appointments but never seem to be able to remember!

Yup all extra help are really helpful. In view of my new helper, my mil and dad also will drop by if i need to go out and get things done. W/o them is sure more stressful.

Jia you, for the sake of the bbs to be able to go home with u, u must tell yourself to tahan!!!! My sil cannot tahan and keep complaining abt the twins in her very heavy, in the end i guess they heard her and came out in 32wks. So u must press on ya. Am telling myself that too.

My check up is nxt wed. I have yet to pack my hospital bag and sort out the bbs clothes!!!!! I guess i need to be faster a bit. But time juz dun seem to be on my side, [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] tomorrow need to entertain all 3 gals since there is no school, the nxt week dd1 school holiday for 1 week!!!!!! Really very busy.........

Mummies, long time no post in here already. How are u all coping?

Congrats to those who have given birth.... Those abt to deliever, jia you... Reaching the finishing point soon.

Mummies interested to buy the twins nursing pillow can pm me. I have 1 my Brest friend twin nursing pillow for sale. Thks!!!

Kate

Long time no see. How are you?

All,

Of late there's been many new mums-to-be joining us and I'm thinking of putting together a table for those on this forum.

Kate, MomMe, DonK, Gera, Keann, Leah, CL, Carla etc, as well as all the mums-to-be (pinky, doblue, L, pandawife etc) - can you give me your EDD and actual delivery date, hospital and gender of twins? Once someone starts providing some details i'll start putting up the table. PM me or just post it here..

Hi Mummies

I have the following items for sale:

1) 1 AVENT Manual Breast Pump BPA Free: $70 (Usual price about $99).

- Good condition. Used only twice as I decided to latch-on directly instead of pumping. (Newborn 1 hole teat not included.)

2) 1 AVENT Newborn Starter Set BPA Free: $20 (Usual price about $40).

- Good condition. All 2x260ml bottles (with 2-hole teats), 2x125ml bottles (without 1-hole teats), brush and pacifier are brand new.

3) 1 “My Brest Friend” nursing pillow: $50 (Usual price about $80).

- Good condition. Only used for 1 month. Comes with washable zipper cover and instruction booklet.

4) Baby clothes suitable for 0-3 months old: $20.

- Good condition. Includes 4 rompers, 5 shirts, 3 caps, 1 pants, 5 pairs of unused socks.

5) 1 unopened AVENT box of 2x260ml bottles BPA Free still in plastic wrapping: $30 (Usual price $36.90).

$170 if you buy all the above 5 items and FREE 1 bottle of unopened Obimin multi-vitamin tables (expiry July 2011).

Collection at Jurong Point.

Please PM me if keen. Thanks!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4440079.jpg]

Spiffy,

wat a good idea!! i been seeing the chart on all the other forums with singletons but none on ours!! thanks for helping us keep track!

mine..Gera 2 girls, SGH EDD 19 july, Actual 26 MAY..u can also add the delivery mode..but i think most of us are C-sect rite? except MLPY. oh mine is emergency C-sect with spinal. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Spiffy, thanks for doing that! Shall we put identical/fraternal? Haha... just for fun.

When we say EDD, we're talking full term 40th due date?

Mine is L, KKH/TMC, id twin boys, EDD (21 Oct- 40th full term)

Spiffy: thanks for collating! My details are:

Azureoct, KKH, identical girls, EDD 20th June 2010 (40th wk), Delivery Date 1st June 2010 (37 +1 wks)

Hey, what a great idea!

Mine is:

carla m: GHL: 2 boys (non identical)

EDD:15th Oct, 2010

Delivery Date::23 August, 2010

Spiffy.. Below are mine:

Kate, Mount A, identical girls, edd 15 June (40 weeks), actual 24 may (37 weeks)

I'm currently enjoying my last 2 weeks of ML... Going bk to work soon.... Sian.

Hi Ladies,

I am a mum to a 16 mth old boy and currently in my 15 weeks expecting twins.

Its both been great and touching to read up on all your experiences and stories.

Best of all, its really useful support system because there are many of us in similar situations at different stages and I find all the discussions really useful.

Well, I hope you will welcome me joining in 

Annika,

congrats & welcome!

My girl is 16 months right now, but I'm in week 32 of my pregnancy already. R u a stay at home mum or working? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pinky,

Yup I'm going to do a Ligation while doing my c-sect.. But for my case i am old and going to have 5 already, it is more that enough!!!!

For u, maybe is not wise to do it yet. I was told that IUD is not a good option as it have high % of infection. There is a newer version but i cannot remember the name. I will check and let u know again.

Thanks Spiffy,

My details are

2 girls (non identical)

EDD: 1st Nov 2010

TMC

Dr Paul Tseng

Spiffy

Thanks for the effort [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mine 2 boys

EDD 1/1/2011

TMC

doblue, thanks!! hey, i m also w Dr Paul. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back