Twins due in 2008?

Hi Purebliss
Wow, how did ur gynae tell the gender so quickly? I am only finding out this Monday at the detailed scan. am 19 weeks now. This is also my second preg and i have a 4 yrs old boy.

Purebliss
thanks!
ya lor.. estimated in another 4 weeks..
but I hope longer..
cos they r not big enough..

ya lor..
not easy to carry twins..
everything is different from others carrying single bbs..

Mine is identical cos in the same placenta..

think sometimes having twins we cant explain one hor..

Ava,
I will be seeing my gynae after 2 weeks- will be 9 weeks by then and hopefully should get to know. Really anxious!!!

Purebliss,
Welcome and congrats on getting to know about the princesses! Must be really exciting... i'm waiting to find out soon!

Hi Mummies,

Ava, last week i went for my oscar scan in TMC and the sonographer says most likely both going to be girls but better let my gynae confirm it. After the oscar scan, my gynae scan for me again to check if babies are okay... and coincidentally, they opened their legs. She showed me in between the legs are empty ( no groin or bird bird ) and both are going to be princesses. Yesterday I have bleeding ( blood vessels tore ard cervix area ) and she did the scan again and told me 90% both are girls. My boy now is 18 mths old and I have a hard time with him... too active. Lol!

Jaslyn, I remembered my gynae told me if babies not big enough by then, she asked me to eat DURAINS... lol! She says it helps though and my friends with twins before, also told me that. She is estimating my delivery date to be first week of Oct. Are u trying for natural? I was hoping for natural...

Hi Smiley, I was shocked to find out that I have twins... Cos no one in the family had it before. Hahah! Yah very excited and tiring... cos new house also on the way, cannot oversee reno anymore.
Mummies, are u all hiring Confinement ladies? Heard that CL for twins very ex...

Purebliss
ur gynea ask u to eat durians ah.. hehe
1st time hear gynea ask mummies to eat durians..
I ate alot in my 2nd trimester but then they only 1kg nia leh at 28 weeks..
maybe 3rd trimester should eat more??

ur gynea told u early Oct ah..
my gynea told me early june, end may.. or at 34 weeks ah..
scare me leh..
I wana go for natural but then one still in breech position leh..
if she dun turn I will go for c section liao..

I engage a CL..
and it cost $2200 for twins..

hi Jaslyn,

ya, she says this is the last resort... haha! Dun worry, twins tend to be smaller than those singleton. Try drinking anmum milk... should help. How big are ur twins now?

Yup... she says edd 28 oct, then twins should arrive early oct or end april. Now my twins are side by side... hope they remain this way.

Wah, where did u get ur CL?

Purebliss
oic..haha..
ya.. twins tend to be smaller..
but must be at least 2kg when born..
if not must stay NICU...
I drink anmum every night..
hope it helps..
one is 1.1kg the other is 1kg at 28 weeks..

my twins are also side by side..
but one up one down.. hehe..

my CL is recommended by my mum's friend..
say she her charges 5 yrs never change liao..
its cheap.. but I dun know how true...

Jaslyn,

Arh... dun worry. You will see "magic show" soon... keke. My Gynae did tell me before once we hit 3rd trimester, our babies will tend to put on weight much faster than before. You got to force urself drink 2 cups of Anmum cos identical twins tend to fight a lot on food. How many calcium pills are u taking a day? I am taking 1000mg per day... swallow until wanna vomit.

One up one down thought can go natural??? Maybe u can check with your gynae... pray hard that ur down one engage first. That time i ask her before, she says so long one head down okay...

Ava,
maybe cos u go through agency.. then got commission...

Purebliss,
haha.. I also hope so see magic..
my gynea say only can drink one cup a day leh..
I taking those muti-vitamins dun have big big calcium pills leh..

cant leh.. if the head up want dun wana come out..
then must go for e c section..
then pay 2 times and pain 2 times..

Morning Mummies,

Jaslyn, 1 cup a day? Funny how come my gynae ask me drink 2 cups a day? She giving me 500mg X 2 pills of calcium to be taken each day. She says normal single need only 500mg of calcium but if got twins, need 1000mg if not the babies will not get enough and will be absorbing from us.

Maybe different gynae got different perspective bah.. can u sleep well at night?

Morning ladies...

Purebliss
ya lor... he say one only leh..
aiyo.. then like that I better take calcium from other source...

I cant sleep well at night ah..
always go toilet, leg cramp and pain also..
one night can wake up 3 to 4 times...
not enough sleep..
how about u?

Jaslyn, same here cannot sleep. Always sleep and in the middle of the night wake up and then thats it! Cannot go back to sleep anymore. My boy sleeping with me and he is very good at his "karata" stance.

Purebliss
ya lor..
once I wake up ah..
will take a long time to go back the sleep..
then when get back to sleep.. time to go toilet already..
might as well sleep in the toilet..

haha.. kids mah..
maybe u let him sleep on another bed?
cos when u getting bigger is not gd..
he may kick ur tummy..
my hubby also like a big "baby"
sleep will turn here and there..
so I must be careful with him at night also..

Jas
Yeah, lah sure got commission one. anyway, saves me hassle of finding CL myself...

I also wake up around 3 times a night and have mild leg cramps....i sleep on my own bed now, cos when sleep next to hb, will get back pain from trying not to move around too much...so lonely...but then my son and hb will come and snuggle in the mornings when they wake up
happy.gif

Jas, now i am staying with in laws, no spare room so my boy sleeps with me and hubby on the flr. Only September then we will move to our new place in tampines. He had been kicking my tummy a lot of times... sometimes not even a small space for me to sleep..

Ava, at least ur hubby and son still come and snuggle with you.. my hubby bo chap one. Just wake up and brush up and goes work. Only time i see him is when he is back from work. How many mths preggie are u now?

Morning Mummies

Ava, 5mth already? WOAH! But how does the tummy looks like? 7 mth? I dun dare to buy any maternity wear now... scared later the tummy outsize it.

Jaslyn, haha! Tried to but I guess my boy very very "rough" also when he sleeps... flip here and there... I am also eagerly waiting for the kicking moment from the girls. Hahaha!

Hi everyone
Had DS this morning! We're having girls!
happy.gif

Purebliss
My tummy looks about 6-7 months...buy more dresses, more comfy than pants...my maternity pants are getting too tight already...my skirts with elastic waists are still ok so far....

Ava
Congrats!!
can go on shopping spree for clothes already..
gers clothes r so much cuter.. hehe..

Purebliss
haha..
then u must be very careful liao.
very fast u can feel ur gers kicking liao..
happy.gif

indeed skirts r better..
but I only bought one cos I m those "rough" type of person.. so prefer to wear pants.. hehe..

Wow Ava, congrats 2 girls!!!! So fun! I am wishing for girls too but I doubt it. From my last scan, my gynae said one is a boy, the other not too confirmed yet!

Ava, congrats on your 2 princesses! I'm still not sure if i should want to know the gender of my twins... i want to keep it a surprise but i'll have to think of FOUR names!! *arrrgghhh

bb2609
haha...i wanted to know cos i wanted to see if i should wash or give away my son's boy clothes! We had a list of 7-8 names for each gender....thing is, my hb and i had, on our own, decided on the same names for boys...but for girls, we are still deciding
happy.gif

Ava: just curious...would it be very 'troublesome' if i dowan to know the gender till their birth? troublesome as in donno what gender clothes to buy? I thought newborns wear the same generic stuff like shirts+pampers? pls advise....

bb2609
actually depends on what u want lor..
for me I want to know cos I will buy pink prams, pink clothes..hehe..
heard that those who do not want to know will buy white clothes for bb..
happy.gif

yeah i think it is better to know the gender as it will prepare you mentally. easier to shop for their items once you have in mind what you should be looking for.
happy.gif

haha but what about the case of mistaken gender? gynae says its possible for twins. haha!

bb2609
Just buy white, green, beige and yellow...non gender specific. can also buy red. just not pink and blue

thanks for all your suggestions! I'm actually a bit 'shakey' liao haha....cos last time the doc unknowingly pointed one little penis-lookalike-thing during the ultrasound to me *arrgghh!!! SPOILER! so i know maybe got a boy liao..haizzz...

bb2609! same for me, the gynae pointed one penis like shape to me. so mine confirmed one boy. the other, not so sure yet. hopefully girl!!!
happy.gif

hi all, another question~ what kind of help are you all 'enlisting' to take care of the twins when they go home?

I'm asking cos my MIL is coming to stay with us (fulltime), but even so my hubby wants to hire another 24hr confinement lady to help. Do u all think it's necessary?

(My sis-in-law mentioned to me I should START looking for one NOW ~ starting to gan cheong liao!!)

bb2609
I have already booked a 24hrs confinement nanny for first 28 days and am looking for a day nanny after she leaves, cos don't think my maid can or should be handling both babies on her own along with housework and cooking...too shiong for any one person! Confinement ladies, esp the recommended ones go very fast so yes, you need to start looking and BOOK one now if you are getting one.

yeah mine separate sacs! if one boy one girl, i ll be soooooooooooooooo happy! hopefully its true!
happy.gif

AVA your tummy is sooooooooooooooooooooo big!!!!!
What about the rest? Lets have a tummy update again! Hehe!

bb2609
me having a confinement lady..
and getting a maid..
after confinement lady leaves..
my maid will take care of my gers with my mum's maid and my mum..
so I guess they can cope..

ya.. u better find a confinement lady now..
I found mine ard the 4 to5 mth and almost all booked..
heng got a friend recommend me hers..

ok will start looking for confinement lady these 2 weeks liao...my mum just confirmed she won't be available... :p

No leh...he never say anything and I also didn't ask...first 3 months i'm really hot with the boiling hormones but now cool down liao... also getting more uncomfortable
sad.gif

bb2609
depends! Some moms and MTBs of twins say I'm big too...right Jaslyn?
happy.gif

Sex
Gynae didnt say anything and I didnt ask also cos no real complications with pregnancy, same as last time...not to say I've been dying for it either lol.

However, I think if u've had complications better check with gynae.

Anyone being advised of the doctor delivery charges here? My doctor didnt give me package as he is worried of complications...

Ava
yep.. haha..
happy.gif

Welcome Cynthia!
ur EDD is end june?
mine is 5th July
but gynea told me that I will be due in early june..
as for charges.. delivery got package ah?
my gynea only gave me a list which shows how much it cost for natural and c section and how much additional for twin..
isit consider package?

Back