Twins due in 2008?

lala
TTTS is Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome where the vessels of the placenta from one twin pumps blood into the second twin, causing one twin to not have enuf blood and the other to have too much...that's put very basically....I'm not sure about th specifics.

babybaby2609
I can't help telling ppl I have expecting twins...
happy.gif

Vine,
I assume your twins are boys then! Yeah, I didn't know that identicals didn't need genetic history till we found out we were carrying twins too! The family history question seems to be the no. 1 question ppl ask!

Ava - Thanks. Is it that fraternal twins will have 2 different placentas while most identical twins have 1 placenta thus higher chance of TTTS.
So interesting to have twins ....

Hi all, been interesting following the threads.

You mean to say that identical twins are not genetic but fraternal twins are? Why is this so? I am very confused here.

I think my twins are sharing the same placenta, at least that is what the gynae is saying? So there is a higher chance of TTTS? I am getting worried now...

Boyfriend, dont worry. Even though twins with same placenta have chances of TTTS, it does not mean your twins WILL get it. My friends with identical twins all managed to give birth to healthy twins!
happy.gif

My gynae is so funny. He asked me to take the downsyndrome test for my twins but i didn want to. then he did the test for me for free, just bcos he wanted to ease his mind. makes me wonder who is pregnant with the twins here, me or him!
happy.gif

identical twins is formed with 1 egg and 1 sperm, then split into 2.can be 1 or 2 placenta, or 1 or 2 sacs.
fraternal twins is formed when 2 eggs r released, formed with 2 sperms, is as gd as 2 pregnancy at one go. thus they can be a boy and a girl or even identical but they may not look as similar as identical twins.
thats my understanding....

Boyfriend
No point worrying about TTTS. I was driving myself nuts worrying, then thot better to enjoy preg than be constantly paranoid...

Any one wakes up feeling less "big" at the belly...this morning I woke up and touched my belly and it felt so small...was so worried...but I was rudely reminded of my belly size when I finally got up and walked around a bit...

Ava: Same same!!! I observed that the tummy is 'flatter' in the morning when i wake up and the 'biggest' in the evening.... probably after dinner la...haha!

Overall I feel that at 12 weeks it's still not very big... I think i look more like someone with a BIG lunch... however hubby console me say if now 12 wks already quite big then 7 months how??? I think he has a point la...

babybaby
lol...I look about 7 month preg at 15 weeks. yest a client said, so how will u walk at full term??? I said I DUNNO!!

Me too! My tummy strangely is quite flat every morning!!!

And oh, at 3 months, I look 6 months pregnant! I am also worried how I will be like in a few months time. I am already panting like crazy walking from my bedroom toilet to the wardrobe! Can you imagine that?

Mrs H
Are you still on home leave? Apparently if you are at home or on bed rest, you can get bigger faster, cos you rest more!

But we sound to be growing at the same rate....even tho I am at work!!!

Yes, still am!

My sch has gotten someone to take over my class permanently so they told me no need to rush back to sch. But staying at hm not tt fun too, makes me vomit more frequently. Ava, any morning sickness?

Who else?

Mrs H
MS was bad...some vomiting, unlike first preg where no vomiting. I thot I was in the clear, then last nite vomited my nice dinner ...sigh!!!

Aiyah! Thats why. Somehow I cannot eat chicken! Can only eat fish and beef!

And I cannot drink plain water too, makes me vomit.

Mrs H
omg! no plain water...?? that would be a nightmare for me....so what do you drink instead? does flavoring water with lemon help?

Ava/Mrs H:
Oh no...mine sounds like quite small compared to both of yours leh... and i'm a stay-at-home pregger too...actually I envy those who are working so can pass time faster...:p

Mrs H,
If drinking plain water sucks, how about diluted fruit juice? sometimes i get tired of plain water and i drink honey, diluted Fruit Tree apple/grape juices...helps digestion and rid the weird taste in mouth also
happy.gif

And i'm also waking up a few times at night to drink water (very dry throat) and pee! anybody else? i heard it's the body training us to get up like next time need to feed the baby - *pre-training!!!!

babybaby2609
Wah, still very "miao tiao" (slim)!! I seriously look like a super pregg now compared to you! And yes, I do wake up at least 2x to pee then drink water.
happy.gif

Ava/lala:
Ya lor still quite small for 3 months? when i lie down it's like flat?! i hope they are growing well...datz all it matters...

anyway wat supplements are u all taking? me only obimin and 5mg folic now...

lala,babybaby
Yes, was wondering if we need to take double the supplements! should have asked my friend who had twins (just met her to borrow her belly support belt which she used during her preg)

Nienie
Hi, is this ur first preg?

Speaking of tummies, the friend i met showed me a photo of her tummy (not even at full term) and it was HUGE!!! I dunno if I can tahan climbing stairs at the office when I am that huge too!!!

Ava,
I think just take what the dr prescribed ba...
I think we are quite lucky..my MIL say last time she don't even see gynae till 7-8 months! And they don really take all these supplements or drink Anmum etc right?

And yah I have seen women pregnant with twins in Flickr.com (photo site) who are HUUUUUGE!!!!! See liao also scared! I thought they are angmos so they are bigger??

NieNie:
You're due in July - coming soon!! so good!!
Ya, can't imagine buying things for them...but I think the next few months i'm gonna be arang guni - collect 2nd hands from people liao!!!

lala:
Sorry if it's a stupid Qn but are u preg with twins now too?

babybaby,
I am just preggie, about 6 weeks. Gynae said got 2 eggs but can only confirm if have twins in 2 weeks' time. According to gynae, now can only see 1 water bag while there seems to be another developing ... cross my fingers
happy.gif

Wah babybaby, so slim hor!!! wats your secret? hehe.

oh talking about supplements, my gynae has given me obimin, calcium, vitamin b6 and also fish oil! but so far, i could only swallow obimin. on certain days, i skip obimin even!
sad.gif

I heard from phamacist that obimin is quite heaty...must drink lots of water after taking. Donno whether it's nowadays' warm weather or i'm feeling heaty..have been very thirsty all day long. Sometimes I take on alternate days...
I don't have calcium pills yet..only taking Anlene milk powder.

wah Ava, your tummy is sooooooooooooooo big!! woohoo!

babybaby, yeah obimin is heaty, plus the fact that we preggies do feel exceptionally hot!
happy.gif

hi all mummies...
just saw this thread, all the while I have been in the 2006/2007 twins thread..
my due date is on 5th July 08 and expecting twins gers..
hope to learn more and know more twins mummies here!
happy.gif

Hi twins-mummies-to-be,

my twins will be due in october. unfortunately both of them are in the same sac which really bothers me alot. do any of you have sharp abdominal pain during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy? i never had any during my first pregnancy though maybe it's because it is just a single baby...

Diyana: For me only once in a blue moon, like being poked every 2 minutes...I heard it's the growth of the baby needing space thus pulling on the inner muscle tandons... I think as long as it's not prolonged throbbing, cramping pain like continuously for 12 hours non stop then should be ok right...my fren got admitted hospital cos her pain last throughout the day and night until she cannot tahan so admit to kk to stabilise...but they found nothing wrong also...I read that sometimes there's no reason to cramps one...

Hi bb2609 / Diyana,
I also have the "poking" feeling which I never experienced for my 1st pregnancy. Quite worried too. I asked gynae she said is wind... hmm

Hi Diyana!

POkes/crampy feeling
I get that from time to time now. Maybe 1-2 times in first tri. Also don't remember getting that for first preggie.

Same sac meaning same amniotic sac? I think all us mtbs of twins/triplets etc will have more to worry about that singleton pregnancies. Just try to focus on positive...I mean there's not much we can do, but hope that touch wood, if there's anythinr wrong, it gets detected early and doc can help resolve it...i am not thinking about complications anymore, if I can help it!

Diyana
I also have this sharp pain during my 1st trimester..
asked my gynea and he say its ok cos its stretching of tummy..
to make space..
maybe u go ask ur gynea to get a peace of mind...
dun worry k..
happy.gif

hi everyone,
thanx for putting my mind at ease. asked my gynae just this morning. she said it's pretty normal for carrying twins..
happy.gif
i guess that's wat all mummies of twins/multiples went through...

Hi all, yesterday just went for my week-13 scan... the twins are in separate sacs, but one on top of another. The top one is quite poor thing - like being "sandwiched" between my tummy and the lower twin...it looks being crammed to me...donno whether the lack of space is harmful??
Anybody's twins are position like this also?

1346183.jpg

Also, I find visiting KK at lunchtime is a HUGE mistake... cos of the lunchpeak, the doc actually ushered me out after a meeting about 5 min after I waited about 1 hour
sad.gif
The scan only last 1 min+! I was still in a daze cos I'm busy videotaping for my absent hubby, and never even notice the above or ask how big they are... *feel so sad/worried after that...
sad.gif

Back