Trying to Concieve with TCM and IUI

sparkiegirl

My hubs and I have been TTC-ing for 10 months now. I've been diagnosed with mild endometriosis and my hubs has low sperm motility. We have since started on TCM with Dr Tan Siew Buoy about 4 months ago and reduced our alcohol intake. On top of that, I also feed my hubs with vitamins that can boost his sperm quality eg. Vit c, e, zinc, anti oxidant, l-carnitine. Recently I've experienced very large blood clots during my period and wonder if it is a sign that I have a very "cold womb"? (hence making it impossible for conception to take place since no living thing would thrive in a cold environment). Anyone can advise on this matter? I have also seen Dr LC foong and he has proposed for me to start my IUI next month. He has given me a low dosage of serophene to start during my next period and has also advised to give TCM a rest next month since it is nit advisable to mix eastern and western meds. Has anyone had their success with first IUI attempt coupled with previous months of TCM? It seems like no one had much success with IUI. Would love to hear from you. Need a spark of hope...

Hi Sparkiegirl,

I have been TTC for 3 years now. At the 2nd year, we went for checkup & knew that my hubby sperm count is low. So, we seek for TCM. We went to Chung Hwa clinic at Toa Payoh. After taking the pills for 3 months, his sperm count increases. So, he continue to take the pills till now. When the sperm count level reach the ideal, my gynae adviced us to go for IUI. Sadly, the IUI failed. But I actually got preggy naturally one month after the IUI. Again sadly, I lost the baby. Reason unknown. I think you can give Chung Hwa Clinic a try, the fee & medicication are cheap.

Dun lose hope. I am still trying too! Take care!

You can try Dr. Ong Swee Ling from Yong Kang Medical Hall. (Call 62726400 for address and opening hours...)

She speaks both English and Mandarin.. She has a masters and Phd in TCM and used to work for Tan Tock Seng Hospital.

She even has a blog where she posts about the cases she has treated etc... there are some infertility cases posted there. You can read it. http://drongsweeling.blogspot.com/

Hi all, thanks for the words of encouragement. I was about to embark on my IUI and it surprised me when I got preggers naturally. Was on TCM the past 4 months and believe it has helped both my husband and I immensely. I see Dr Tan Siew Buoy at Natural Beauty and Health and since then, she has been prescribing herbs for my hubby and me. Now that I have conceived, she is still prescribing me herbs to 'sustain the pregnancy'. Her contact no. is 65344131! Dont give up!

Back