Travelling to Perth during xmas season

incubus

Hi munmies and daddies,

Anyone travel to Perth with their kids during xmas season? Any advice on how hot the weather is going to be like and whether places of interests, shopping, etc will be closed on xmas day and boxing day or longer closure days?

Im planning a self drive to Perth during xmas season as my girl is born on boxing day so thought it will b fun for her to experience farmstay there but worried that shops will be closed or weather very hot.

Appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Angela

December period is suppose to be hot, but with the crazy change of weather, it is hard to predict whether how hot it can be. Sometimes it can be windy with 20 degree celsius and sometimes it can be hot when the heatwave comes at 40 degree celsius... just prepare a windbreaker.

Shops in the city will be closed during Xmas but Boxing Day has great sales going on. Book your accommodation early if you are planning to go up north or down south on Xmas Day.

its quite quiet between christmas and new year in perth. most shops close for christmas eve and christmas. and it is very hot then. yes, can go up to 40 deg! i've experienced that before. quite unbearable. the best time to go perth is actually late sep - nov. that's when its not too hot and its spring. very beautiful flowers. shoulder period cheaper too. also don't need to rush with the school holiday crowd.

Thanks Daphne and Orchid for your input on this.

I also heard abt their boxing day sales which also means shops might closed later than usual. And Aust is quite famous for unpredictable weather so its a bet.

But does any of you know if the food places will be closed during public holiday?

I'm planning to book my accomodation this month and also on the lookout for airfare prices now. So far only my questions on food places no one is able to answer me so appreciate if you can give me some insight on it.

Unfortunatly my travel period is only the Xmas week as my hubby will be busy at work frm late Sept till then and because my girl's birthday is boxing day so usually we will go travelling with her to kind of celebrate her birthday.

u can chg ur destination to Tasmania.The summer in Tasmania is not as hot as other cities in australia.

Hi avocado,

Thx for ur input...did tot of tasmania but its much more ex n also my hubby company have resorts in perth so cheaper for us to book accommdation.

During Christmas Period, everything is expensive in Perth. If you are going to do shopping, then wait for the boxing day sale. Its on 26th December and majority of shopping malls will be open.

Back