Total cost of pregnancy

Roxybury

Hello everyone!
I was wondering how much you guys spent on pregnancy (eg checkups, supplements, delivery fees). Pls feel free to list your gynae or clinic names here.
So I can roughly know how much to set aside.
Thank you so much! ;)

Are you intending to go to private hospital? Or KKH subsidized? Or KKH private?
Hello! I’m still deciding, haven’t made any appts yet. Is it possible to go as subsidised then switch to private at a later time? Trying to save as much as possible

Just sharing my own experience, private gynae at TMC, no package. Pay per visit.
Each visit consultation $100, scan $80. Exclude supplements ($50-$60 a month). From 2nd trimester usually 1 visit a month. Last 2 months will shorten to 3 weeks then 2 weeks then weekly. Some gynaes offer package to cover 2nd trimester and 3rd trimester. Set aside 3k to cover the costs.

Tests
1st trimester scan + 20 weeks scan - $450
NIPT tests: Oscars around $400+, if opt for harmony or panorama $1200.
Some other routine blood tests are also needed. Add a few hundreds.

Hospital bills
My hospital bill including bed and ward, delivery suite, epidural, gynae fee, anesthesiologist fee, PD fee came up to $11k+ for single bed, natural delivery.
Need to factor in $1k additional if planned C-sect. And even more if emergency C-sect.

Hello! I’m still deciding, haven’t made any appts yet. Is it possible to go as subsidised then switch to private at a later time? Trying to save as much as possible

You can go subsidised first. Go polyclinic get referral letter. Just note that you can't choose doctor. It's much cheaper. I heard they dun do scans every visit though. NIPT tests are about half price compared to private. You can subsequently switch to be a private patient at KKH and choose a doctor to follow up with. Or go to a private gynae later. Some gynaes offer a package to cover 2nd and 3rd trimester so no point going too late. Some gynaes also won't be inclined to take you if you're too advanced in the pregnancy.

Back