Tongue Tied

Dear Mummies, anyone of your LO has tongue tied issue ? my LO is about 11 month and i suspect she has tongue tied issue. i would like to know where can have tongue tied revised in singapore ?
thank you

My little one had a tongue tie the paediatrician advised to observe that it might get better because after about 3-6 months they wont do the simple snip to release the tongue you would require surgery but with General anaesthesia so maybe you have your paed have a look at it and advise if the benefits outweigh the risk. I ended up doing for my son in Uk@7months. Hope this helps

Hello, yes i did the simple snip in Uk , saw my paediatrician here in Singapore today and mentioned to her we did that already she said here before 6 months they can use Laser method, they avoid the snip method also said the tongue grows from the tip so usually advised to just observe unless the tie is affecting the child from latching on / feeding effectively or a toddler having speech difficulties.
Did you have someone have a look at your baby it might be really mild and would not require any treatment

today i finally see my baby stick out her tongue beyond her lips.. yes i have a cousin who is a surgeon in KKH , i will let her have alook. thank you for your info

Mummies, what made you suspect your lo has tongue tie? I may be paranoid but my 3mo has always had a shallow latch so I'm starting to worry it may be tongue tie?

The PD will be able to tell . When I had my no 3, everytime she tried to suckle , I will bleed . Initially I tot it was due to poor latch on , then I keep trying to guide but it seem she really can't latch well . I lamented to the PD about this issue, he told me is tongue tied problem and did the slip on the spot. I could immediately feel the different when I latch her after it !

Mummies, what made you suspect your lo has tongue tie? I may be paranoid but my 3mo has always had a shallow latch so I'm starting to worry it may be tongue tie?

Glorym,
My son has tongue-tie and we did not do the slit after consulting 2 PDs from TMC. But he started speaking after 2 but now he cant stop speaking.

If u r concern, do consult ur kid PD for the Pd's opinion.

Back