Toddler diarrhea

leling

Hi mummies, my 17 month old toddler is now experiencing diarrhea. What can be given to him to stop his diarrhea ?

U can try
ImageUploadedByForum1386749676.692106.jpg

My pd gave this as standby for diarrhea when we brought my tot on holiday. I think it's avail at pharmacy. Its actually probiotics.
I gave my 23mth old for recent diarrhea. Took 3 days to clear.

Watch diet, no milk. I gave my boy LF too. Also, he had stomach ache before he pooed. So paed also prescibed Debridat. Give plenty of water to replenish. I use Hydrate also to replace the sugar/salt lost.

Just saw the pd. she also say no milk. I always give my boy milk early in morning when he is sleeping. If no milk, what to give?

Try isomil. But my tot dislike it. So I had to mix with her usual milk (gain IQ) to mask the taste. During recent diarrhea episode, I didn't get isomil. Instead I gave her milk but diluted it. Instead 3 scoops to 210ml, only 1.5 scoops. This was suggested by pd when told her tot reject isomil.

Leling, yes, it took around 3 days to clear. But the diarrhea for that 3 days wasn't very bad. Around 2-3x daily.
I gave her more feeds of diluted pediasure coz its lactose free. Also gave diluted gain IQ for 1-2 feeds. She keep asking for milk every 2hr coz diluted very fast hungry. But it's gd coz won't dehydrate from the diarrhea.

There are certain triggers that cause diarrhea in toddlers like Irritabilities or allergies to certain foods, such as dairy products, Other sicknesses or health conditions, like celiac disease or inflammatory bowel disease, Too much bonbon or sugary foods you should be careful of the following causes. To counteract dehydration, make sure your child drinks lots of liquids while any fight with diarrhea. https://www.everydayhealth.com/diarrhea/ this is a really informative resource that I came across while researching. Thanks.

Back