To change school? let me have your thoughts

jayjayqueenie

From the start of this year, my son 2.5 years is with new teachers.
In fact, the school has changed almost half of its staff, effective 01 Jan.
Fortunately, the principal remains.

My initial experience with his new teacher(s) is that they do not know how to wear diaper properly. The diaper was secured at the hip bone area instead of higher up near the waist. I was walking home with my son and to my surprise, he is dripping from his diaper. I feedback to the teachers and they said will improve on that.

I had this experience again. This time when I fetch my son, not only were his diaper and shorts dangling loosely, his clothes are soaking wet. Just nice the principal was around and she notice this situation. She promised that I will not be seeing my son in this condition again.

I had to think hard about my experience and I told myself, perhaps give the school 1 more chance and I will change school.

But will changing school be beneficial?

This is the 2nd school that my son is in. In his 1st school, my son fell ill regularly.

For this 2nd school, he was actually willing to drink water and falling sick was hardly an issue. (touchwood first)

So I am in a dilemma if I should change the school.

I don't wish to go through the stress of him being sick throughout the month again.

My son is not bothered about being soaking wet but he looks quite poor thing to me.

Hi,

Are you using pull up pants or those normal band diaper? In my son's case, they insist you must use pull up pants in school. It does make sense because it's much easier to wear in a standing position. So if your child's school doesn't require it, you should still try pull up pants. Less demanding on the person wearing it for your son.

Secondly, most kids will fall ill frequently at pre-school years or earlier. This is quite natural due to the undeveloped immune system. All children have to go through this phase. Worse yet is when they pass from one child to another at home then on to the parents. LOL

is your child comfortable with the teachers? if yes, than I wont suggest to change otherwise your child will have to start all over again to re-adapt the new environment. Keep emphasizing to the teachers in charge that you want them to take note on your child and voice out your concern.. be it verbally or using communication booklet...

I will monitor up to end of this month to make decision because as you mentioned, the teachers are new and they are also trying to catch up on the routine...

Btw, 2.5 year old still not toilet train?

Hi,

Are you using pull up pants or those normal band diaper? In my son's case, they insist you must use pull up pants in school. It does make sense because it's much easier to wear in a standing position. So if your child's school doesn't require it, you should still try pull up pants. Less demanding on the person wearing it for your son.

Secondly, most kids will fall ill frequently at pre-school years or earlier. This is quite natural due to the undeveloped immune system. All children have to go through this phase. Worse yet is when they pass from one child to another at home then on to the parents. LOL

sorry i dont mean to be not receptive.
as we have changed school before, it seems helpful if the school plays a part in preventing children from falling sick.
because somehow in the 1st school my son fell ill really often.

Btw, 2.5 year old still not toilet train?

thank you for your input.
hope you don't be too judging.
i have a handful of friends whose children are not toilet train until 4.
how about you?
are you a full time working mum?

thank you very much for your concern.
toilet training is in progress though.

thank you for your input.
hope you don't be too judging.
i have a handful of friends whose children are not toilet train until 4.
how about you?
are you a full time working mum?

thank you very much for your concern.
toilet training is in progress though.

No worries..i am a FTWM.. my niece and my son were toilet trained at 15 mths...but that's during day time.. nite time still on diaper...:oops:

Back