TMC or Mt A or Parkway east ???

BlessedBeauty

Hi mummies.
I'm a first time mom, EDD in dec 2015.
I'm considering Mt Alvernia/TMC/Parkway east hospital (single room) for delivery. Please help me choose between the 3.
My priorities are promt and experienced nurses & lactation consultants and baby handling/bathing advices.
Currently am doing the antenatal check ups with a doctor in parkway east. I'm not planning to book a specific gynae for delivery.

I would like to know

1. If i have not booked any specific gynae for delivery, who would handle me when am admitted for delivery in the hospital ?
2. Can i continue my antenatal checkups with my current doctor and choose another hospital for delivery ? In this case, what is the procedure to transfer my data to the different hospital?

Am new to sg. so please enlighten me friends.

Congrats. If you wanna go to private hospital to deliver then you will need to follow up the anenatal check up and so-called booked with a specific gynae of your choose. You can check with your current gynae whether he/she is able to deliver in other hospitals u prefer, this depends on which hopital(s) the gynae is(are) accredited to practice. The gynae will give u a letter/memo for admission which records about your pregancy and key medical history for concern when u are close to your EDD or if needed earlier decided by your gynae, and u hand in the letter/memo to the nurse at the delivery suite when u admit.

Whether which hospital is better or not depends on individual and during the stay which batch and shift of staff are attending to you. If you have time it is good to attend the hospital tour to get more info about price, facilities, procedure, etc. and see how you feel. Mt.A and TMC seem to be more popular choice than PEH.

I delivered in Dec last year at Parkway East and the service was good. Maybe coz it's a small hospital so it's cosier.

I heard TMC standard has dropped becuase of their volume and Mt A is better these days. You may want to check with other mummies to be sure/

hi hi, just to share with you my experience in Mount Alvernia.

I gave birth to my girl in Mt Alvenia. I should say that my experience there was pretty good. As you might be aware the you are unable to pre-book the single bed room at any point of time as it depends on room availability. The nurse there is really very polite and helpful and has personal touch. I remember that when I gave birth to my girl on a Sunday evening, there isn't any available single bedded room for me, hence I was admitted to a 2-bedded. On the next morning, the nurse knew that I wanted a single bedded room, she approaches me and told me that she has reserved for me a single bedded room for me and once they clear the room, I was pushed to the single room immediately. I was thankful because my hubby is then able to stay with me in the single bedded room. (2-bedded room, spouse or relatives are not allow to stay.) [Just a side note]: However, when I was admitted to the 2-bedded room, my neighbour's husband is there with his wife throughout the night. I was stupid to let me husband go home as I was in pain during the 1st night after delivery and I was helpless there especially when they pushes my girl to me for breastfeeding every 2 hrs.

Let's hear from other mummies as well.

Back