Thyroid Cancer

kuchink

Hi, I've just been diagnosed with stadium 1 papillary thyroid cancer, but am looking for another doctor for a 2nd opinion. Does anyone have a recommendation?

I'm also trying to get pregnant, but has been told recently by my ob-gyn that it might be better for me to try for IVF as I have an uneven uterus and also endometriosis.

Should I get pregnant first or should I have the surgery first to get rid of the thyroid nodule?

Hi Chelsea,

So sorry to hear that.
I have hyperthyroid for more than 10 years. Over the years, doctor had been telling me that I have to control the thyroid before I can start ttc. Else may risk me and bb's life. Luckily, 4 years ago, thyroid was under control and I have since stopped the medicine and given the green light to start ttc.

I am not sure if thyroid cancer is the same, but I personally think its better to treat the thyroid then start ttc.

Hi princessleopard,

Thanks for the reply
happy.gif

Oh yeah, what is ttc?

hi chelsea,
i've had hyperthyroid for 10yrs.Now under medication to control.
I can recommend my endocrinlogist to u.Pls PM me as u do not receive PM.

Please consult dr dennis lim head and neck surgeon. he was oncologist at this region included thyroid while at nat cancer ctre. now he set up his own clinic at mt elizabeth. u google about him. my two ex colleagues had their thyroid gland prob removed by him.

hi! thanks for all reply. Sorry I wasn't able to reply right away. I finally went to see Dr. Yeoh for a 2nd opinion, and was told the same thing. Also went to Dr. Hong Ga Sze to arrange for my surgery, seems like I can't get out of it.

Wish me luck
happy.gif

Back