thinking of divorce... what to do now?

sedated

Hi mommies, need some advice. I'm thinking of getting a divorce and moving out with my baby. Wondering what I should be doing in the interim. Find a lawyer and get divorce proceedings kick-started (will take awhile?) Or move out first with baby? Is it legally possible to move the baby out of her home before we're separated? And what should I do to increase chances of getting custody of my child? BTW, my domestic helper is employed under my name. Can I take her away to care for my baby as well? Thanks!

Last edited:

Get a lawyer on the advice asap. You need a reason to apply divorce.
Anyway, I don't think its illegal to move out with baby together as long as you have valid reason and its good for the baby.
On the custody of the kid, if you are mother and primary caregiver. Your chance is higher. Look for a good lawyer on those advice.

My advise never move out of the house. He will sure bite you on this. Unless he turn violent or harassing you. If you want divorce you need to give a reason.

Sedated

Never never ever move out...u will be so sorry if u do. Get a PPO if he's violent. It will only strengthen yr divorce if u hv PPO.

N if you r getting a lawyer, prepare $3-5k deposit n if yr hb want to Contest the divorce
...suggest prepare $20-30k or more.

If you r earning $1.5 n below or Stay Home Mum, u r eligible for Legal Aid

If u can convince hb to go Uncontested then $5k is sufficient.

Have u tried counselling?

Back