The Forum Has Been Migrated

Hi chin leng

Same here, i joined SMH since 2005, but once request new password, how come I become a new member & also my member name has changed?
How to retain back the old user name?

Thanks,
chris27
The username "chris27" was registered to your Hotmail account. If you want to use "chris27", please reset the password at http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/lost-password/ and the instructions will be emailed to your Hotmail account.

Hi Chin Leng, can you help with my problem pls? I did not receive any email notification from the thread even though I had done the steps you mentioned.

just saw the FAQ on creating table

Write the following code:
Code:
Item Code | Description | Price
\ GD01 | Pretty Dress | $20
\ BS02 |Smart Shirt | $22

so thats tat mean we longer able to copy and paste table from exel sheet, like in the old format?

Agreed to what the mummies said, 1 page view is soooo.......much easier & friendly to look/use.
1 more thing, previously whatever thread that has been read, it will showed in "red" colour. Can we have that similar kind of thing again?
Now when the thread is unread, the subject title will be bold; when it is read, it'll be unbold:

bold-unbold.png

I have somebody started a conversation with me. I can read but I couldn't reply her. There's no reply button I can click. Can advise please? Thks...
You should see the reply box under the private message. It looks like this:

post-reply.png

If you don't see it, try refreshing your page.

Hi chinleng

just want to share.

Many tks for great effort for this migration. lots of new functions

just 1 thing I feel a bit unhappy with it

I was a senior member ( hv about 18k posts in total) now I become a new member. I feel it's a bit frustrated with this new system and rating. :(

im sure many organisers like me. they put lots of effort to build up this. hope u can look into this matter.

tks

Now you are able to embed Google Spreadsheet into your posting. I'm working on the instructions. Will update soon.

Hi all,

In the previous system, the total posts refers to the number of posts you've made.

In the current system, the total posts refers to the number of messages currently still in the forum. For example, if you've made 10 messages in total and after some time, 2 of your messages have been deleted, in total, you total posts will be 8.

I hope that clarifies.

So what is the basis used to classify which type of members are we, i.e. new member, member etc...

It is very diffcult to search for a particular post. Everywhere I go, I need to use the seach... instead of the previous format where I can jus browse... :(
The table is even worst... now need to go google to create table?? :(

I was hoping for the best, but I guess this format is the simplest as most of the other forum are using this type.
The old format is really something good. It is the only forum different and easier for browsing... until now... so disappointing...

Hi moderator, I am facing difficulty receiving email notifications on new messages on watched forum/threads, is it possible to have this function enabled as per old platform? I have tried to enable the settings but I am still not getting much emails. I prefer to have emails sent to me each time there is new messages on my watched forums/threads without needing to "You will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages" (message embedded in the new email messages of new platform) as I do come back to forum when I want to post replies. The email notifications gives the convenience to stay in touch w SMH easily. Would appreciate the function can be restored. Thanks :)

HI CHIN LENG,
I have so call have this thread 'watched'. But I only received only 1 email notification. The rest of the posting, I don't get.
And for my own thread, I don't get any notification thru email at all. PLS advise. Tks

And will be be able to change my nickname to TKTOTTS, previously I was known by my spreeists by the last name: Twinkletotts (TKTOTTS)

I am still having problem in getting email notification even after I have clicked on watch thread and also clicked on receive email notification. I have unwatched it and again watch thread but to no avail. Please reply to my query.

Now when the thread is unread, the subject title will be bold; when it is read, it'll be unbold:

View attachment 3578

Hi Chinleng,

It is still very difficult to differentiate which thread I have read maybe it should be the opposite way? Meaning when it is read, it should be bold instead? And also, after read, the thread does not immediate turn to "unbold" despite I have refresh it. Time is more consuming compare to old forum........:(

Hi Chinleng,

It is still very difficult to differentiate which thread I have read maybe it should be the opposite way? Meaning when it is read, it should be bold instead? And also, after read, the thread does not immediate turn to "unbold" despite I have refresh it. Time is more consuming compare to old forum........:(

I am also confused. Per Chin Leng's reply, when the thread is read, it is unbold. I tried but those I read, it didnt change color to unbold. All look the same to me regardless if the thread is read or not....

Hi

Is it possible to tone down the redness of the font to a darker shade so as to reduce glaring?

Thank you.

Seriously, I don't like this new page. Prefer the old page where it is much easier to read. Fanciful but not efficient in finding thread.

Can we have the 3hrs/12hrs/ 24 hrs function back??

How to post a want to sell thread. There are no option for me to click post. Only can see the preview. I am not a new member . How come the status is consider new member?
Seems like you are able to post in "Want To Sell" section already. Please feel free to contact us if you require further assistance. Thank you.

Heloo,

My username has been changed to 'rushour' during the migration.
Please let me know if it is possible to change it back to 'ergoproxy'. thank you!
There were 3 usernames tied to your email address. Hence the system chose the earliest registered username during migration We've updated your username to ergoproxy.

Chin Leng
I joined Singapore Bride and from there migrated to SMH, and is a senior members here too. :)

I have posted more than 30k of messages. So even if there are any messages that I have deleted, how can it be I only posted 2k of messages.

That was a huge difference. Able to update my records?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Chin Leng
I joined Singapore Bride and from there migrated to SMH, and is a senior members here too. :)

I have posted more than 30k of messages. So even if there are any messages that I have deleted, how can it be I only posted 2k of messages.

Tha twas a huge difference. Able to update my records?

Thanks.
Hi Oceans,

If you had been very active in Year 2011 Mums category, many of your messages posted will be gone as the files were corrupted and we were not able to migrate the messages from there. A total of about 260,000 messages were lost. :(

hi Chin Leng
I have same problems as the mummies here. I joined since 2008 and definitely have more than 35 messages! I think is because most of my posts are in 2011. Now when I logged in, it prompted me to change password and here I am become a 'New Member' with only 35 posts.
Anyway, what I want to know is will the number of post affect my posting in any of the forum here? eg: overseas spree as I remember clearly previously there is restrictions on this.

Please reply me at [email protected], thanks.

Hi Chin Leng, PM-ed u with my password
I saw the reply box after I created conversation with u, but not with my other conversation...

Thks!
I think you can't reply because the conversation starter had accidentally clicked on the "locked" function when she PM you.

locked-conversation.png

oic... ok thks Chin Leng... btw, my BP thread is still in the closed section
when will it be back to the ongoing BP section?
thks!
I've checked with the BP administrator, it has been moved back to the ongoing section. Thank you.

Hello Chin Leng

Tho' you hv not responded to my queries personally on this thread, you have indeed enlightened me on the questions I had asked. I understand better now.

Having said that, I am very confused!! I tried to upload a file which I thought had gone thru well, but unfortunately, when I click to view, I do not see what I think a viewer should be viewing. I hope deletion of files is possible without having to go thru' yourself or your moderators?
I want to post the photo via my picasa web album instead. For now, I think that's the easiest for self to handle:), or confusion becomes frustration!

Pls adv. Thank you.

Hello Chin Leng

Tho' you hv not responded to my queries personally on this thread, you have indeed enlightened me on the questions I had asked. I understand better now.

Having said that, I am very confused!! I tried to upload a file which I thought had gone thru well, but unfortunately, when I click to view, I do not see what I think a viewer should be viewing. I hope deletion of files is possible without having to go thru' yourself or your moderators?
I want to post the photo via my picasa web album instead. For now, I think that's the easiest for self to handle:), or confusion becomes frustration!

Pls adv. Thank you.
Oops! Sorry, there were too many questions in the past few days. There were questions posted in the forum thread, in my inbox and emails. I've gotten totally confused where I've answered and where I have not. I thought I had responded to all. So sorry.

With regards, to uploading of files, you have done it correctly. The file you uploaded was a pdf file so it'll appear as an attachment. Only image files with the extensions of .gif jpg and .png will appear as image. To link your image from your Picasa web album, just post the link of the image (not album) by clicking this image button
image-button.png
on the tool bar.

Hi Chin Leng,

i'm a bit confused how new system works. I have about 500 + post now . I only use this acct to run bps. that's mean my message will b deleted ( no of message ) after my thread removed? i will down grade again? ( from senior member b4 migration . I'm now a member,. so i will be a new member after my thread removed? tks

Hi Chin Leng, ref to your reply timed at 3.17pm today, thanks for answers. No worries as I can imagine the load of requests and questions you have:)

OMG! I just started another thread but I do not know how or what happened after I previewed it. How to find thread now, posted in Free Items Only.
Any1 can help?

OMG! I just started another thread but I do not know how or what happened after I previewed it. How to find thread now, posted in Free Items Only.
Any1 can help?
To check your postings, you can click on your own name to access your public profile page. On that page, there is a tab labelled "Postings". Click on that and it'll show you your recent postings.

I've checked and there weren't any recent postings by you at the Free Items Only section. If you "preview", you still need to press "Post Reply" to post your message.

Hi Chin Leng, u missed my question. My username has been changed after the migration.
Can u revert it back to 'winx_gal'? Tx

Back