The Forum Has Been Migrated

chinleng

Staff member
Hi all,

We are pleased to inform you that the forum has been migrated. We hope you like our new look!

1. All members will be required to request for a new password. Please request for your password here: http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/lost-password/

Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you require any assistance. Thank you.

2. You can easily add an Avatar to your profile now. Just click on the "Grey Square" Avatar image of your profile page and you'll see a new window that allows you to upload an image file. That image file will be your Avatar.

However, we've some bad news. Many of the theads in "Year 2011 Mums" were not successfully migrated. Apparently, the files in the old forum were already damaged and we were not able to recover them. We are still trying to fix the problem but it isn't hopeful.

Please feel free to post any comments and questions here.

hi moderators, my BP now has lots of " < font >" in the old posts. the old formatting is not accepted in the new forum?

How to post a want to sell thread. There are no option for me to click post. Only can see the preview. I am not a new member . How come the status is consider new member?

Hey.. just wanted to ask I have over 1k posts in the old forum, but only 112 when migrated to the new forum. And I'm listed as new member.. :( What happened? Can you advise?

Hi,

i have an approved thread that that i have not created yet. how should i create the thread?

Hi, I would like to know how to create a new BP in bulk purchase, there is no link which I can go. As I'm 1st timer.
In your old format there's a link to create on bulk purchase but now I can't find any link to create.
Pls kindly advise...

Thank you

Hi,

I'm all for new changes but may I suggest changing the red font to some other colors that are more eyes friendly? Thank you.

hi moderators, my BP now has lots of " < font >" in the old posts. the old formatting is not accepted in the new forum?
As this is an entirely new and different forum software, the old formatting is not supported in this forum. Are you able to edit your messages to remove the old formatting?

Seriously, I dun like this platform.. I merely wanted to reset password, it can prompt me my existing password is not valid. Please assist. I have sent an email to mod le

Hi Chin Leng,

I emailed you awhile back but just in case you are swamped with emails.
My username was Mbb, now its Bbm.
Please advise how to revert to old username.
I was a member since 2006, current status is new member.
Please contact me at [email protected]

Hi Moderator,

This new forum software, do members get notifications in their email when there is a new post in threads where they are active?

I notice people posting, but there's no email sent to my email add...

Hi chin leng
I remembered I have about 170+ messages posted on this forum. Why is only 59 posts now ?
What's the purpose of points awarded ? New features ?

Hi chinleng,

Now with the forum had been mirgrated, I guess you will receive more questions than old time.

I have same question as some of the members here. I wld like to ask as follow:

1) Once we requested for new password, does that mean we are new members?

2) I have joined SMH since 2005 n I definitely got lot more messages posted than just 91. If I only got 91 posts, am I able to post message in Overseas site or BP thread?

Thanks
Katherine

Hi chin leng

Same here, i joined SMH since 2005, but once request new password, how come I become a new member & also my member name has changed?
How to retain back the old user name?

Thanks,
chris27

Hi there,
Super love all the added features to the forum! Compliments compliments! ;)

Am just wondering if there's any settings to set the threads to always show the most updated post instead of starting from
pg 1 when open. Pls advise~ :p

Thanks!

Hi! its a great outlook..How do we post table of orders like in excel format?

To start a table, you type:

table-open.png

To close a table, you type:

table-close.png

To set a column, you type "|", the pipe key.

To start a new row, you type "\", the back-slash key.

you type a code like this:

table-format-code.png

and it'll give you results like this:

text 1 | text 2 | text 3
\ 2,2 | 2, 2 | 2, 3
\ 3,1 | 3, 2 | 3, 3

Hi,

I'm all for new changes but may I suggest changing the red font to some other colors that are more eyes friendly? Thank you.

SingaporeMotherhood's official colours are in the red and pink colour family. That's why some of the texts are in red/pink family. However, the text in a message is still black. You may like to add a picture to your avatar, the red may appear less obvious after that. We'll try with this new colour theme first and we'll see how it goes.

Seriously, I dun like this platform.. I merely wanted to reset password, it can prompt me my existing password is not valid. Please assist. I have sent an email to mod le

PM me your password and I'll change it for you.

Hi Chin Leng
New format looks wonderful and brightly coloured, but rather confusing as it takes getting used to.

I have similar questions..
I have now become a new member with a new password, yet as I see it, I have only clocked (posted) 446 Messages thus far, although I have had been a member since year 2005 when my son turned 2yo.
The 6000+ odd messages that I have posted and contributed to previously does not actually matter I guessed. In terms of having access to all the sections (including WTS) in your New Forum and being recognised as one of the "old-timers", then Yes!, it does matter.:)
To avoid and prevent any suspicion, I was viewing other members' profile as I wanted to see if their posted counts had been altered/changed/ adjusted like mine (446 as read), or showing their original number. As I see it, I can't really tell but I am aware some of you have been around as long as I have.

1) Does getting a new password mean that you will do the necessary so that our profiles would actually read our original number of posts which perhaps require some of our patience so yourself and your necessary administrative personnel could respond, showing our original posted counts?

2) I have not tried yet, but would I be able to retrieve my past archived postings?

3) Would I be able to change my new password into my old one or into one which I could easily remember?
If this is possible, it would greatly help as I am always losing passwords and would prefer to use one which is easily remembered.

Your prompt reply is appreciated.

Thank you.
miracle_bebe

Ariajo

I actually agree with you! I've been browsing back and forth so many times i noticed an alert for a trophy point. Just so that everyone is aware, I do not have time for this nor have I spent a day in here. I am merely trying to feel the new Forum and reading what others post.
So how do these Trophy Points work, Chin Leng or anyone??

Ariajo

I actually agree with you! I've been browsing back and forth so many times i noticed an alert for a trophy point. Just so that everyone is aware, I do not have time for this nor have I spent a day in here. I am merely trying to feel the new Forum and reading what others post.
So how do these Trophy Points work, Chin Leng or anyone??
i think u get awarded points based on the following format
http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/help/trophies

Me too! Somehow I prefer the "one-page-view-all" look... And the features are glaring for the eyes actually...

Reactions: nqt
SingaporeMotherhood's official colours are in the red and pink colour family. That's why some of the texts are in red/pink family. However, the text in a message is still black. You may like to add a picture to your avatar, the red may appear less obvious after that. We'll try with this new colour theme first and we'll see how it goes.
Red and Pink reminds me of Flowerpod forum.....jts. :p

i prefer the 1 page view too! and it is much more difficult to post table. any way to refine on that? the previous format for posting of table is so much simpler and easier.

I think you can try the following to send a PM:

1) click on member's username
2) on the pop-up window, click 'Start a Conversation'.

i prefer the old forum. now i can't click what are the new posts for the past 24 hrs or 12 hrs. i do not have the time to surf the forum the whole day too, but i really want to see what are the new posts daily with just 1 click. And same questions as miracle_bebe, i am now a new member and lost all my privileges as old timer? oh, to me, trophy points can do without. think only those who have alot of time to surf here will be top on the list.

Yes,It would be good if you can bring back One page view for the threads in new design are as it is very difficult to find the thread. Think One page view for thread was a plus point for SMH compared to other forums.

Hi,

is it possible to sticky some threads so that we do not need to be browsing every page to find them?

For example: those monthly threads in yearly segments.
like (2013/01) Jan 2013, (2013/02) Feb 2013, Etc ...

Agreed to what the mummies said, 1 page view is soooo.......much easier & friendly to look/use.
1 more thing, previously whatever thread that has been read, it will showed in "red" colour. Can we have that similar kind of thing again?

I have somebody started a conversation with me. I can read but I couldn't reply her. There's no reply button I can click. Can advise please? Thks...

Hi Chin Leng,

My username had been changed after the system upgrading.. It was originally bride0712 but had been changed to sunshine012, I have no idea why. I logged in through my email since the system rejected my username, bride0712.

I also prefer One Page View..
Now, it's so much harder to find a thread...
and loading from page to another is so so time consuming.

Back