The best and the worst hospitals to give birth (I am foreign), no insurance

Valentina_ta

Hey, all,

I am new to Singapore. I am foreign (saying this as the cost is higher). I also do not have insurance, so we have to pay everything . I have uncomplicated pregnancy and probably vaginal delivery with epidural. But I want to be ready in case of c section.

My husband works here.

I have some questions:

1) somebody delivered at nuh recently? How much did you pay? How is nuh compared to sgh? Who are the best doctors in both places? Do they make you wait for a long time for an epidural etc?

2) somebody delivered at raffles or gleneagles? Are they much better than public hospitals ? Much more expensive ? Pls remember , I am foreign, so have to pay anyway. But I am concerned that a private sector will try to charge more.

Any recommendations for other great price/value hospitals? We live around farrer road , so the bear by hospitals would be fine .

I prefer the least invasive birth with as little people in a delivery room as possible. Ideally, one doctor only -) certainly zero students . I do not like crowds.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Valentina.

Hi valentina, how long your husband been working here ? If quite long then you can use his medical cpf. Your condition same like me before. But at the end I chose c-sect because if you plan for normal at the end you have to go for c-sec then your bill will come almost double , its considered emergency c-section. I also had tight budget at that time 2 years ago. And also bit scared for normal delivery. I was delivery at parkway east hospital, total bill around $8000. I stay in 2br not vip class. Anyway, congrats for your new bundle of joy. Have a smooth delivery

Hey, thanks for the answer and congratulations. My husband has just started working here...8K in total for C-section is not that much compared to current prices. SGH (public hospital!) quoted around10K for c-section!. Imagine, the price for private ones. I am going to check with parkway east hospital if that is not too far. I hope you and your family are fine as well!

You may want to try tmc or mt alvernia as well. I think my friends delivered in mt e more than $20k emergency c-sec and in raffles hospital $15k emergency c-sec. Another friend normal with epi in tmc at $5k+

@Valentina_ta, I delivered in TMC this year.
Total doctor fee plus hospital fee for me and baby is all about S$13k before deduction from CPF. I stay in 2 bedded, emergency c-sec. Main cost is the doctor fee, so you need to check with the gynae first. My gynae charged me almost 5k for emergency c-sec. But I apply for FBI membership at TMC so got a bit of discount.

You may want to try tmc or mt alvernia as well. I think my friends delivered in mt e more than $20k emergency c-sec and in raffles hospital $15k emergency c-sec. Another friend normal with epi in tmc at $5k+

The question about TMC - 5K was the total cost? Which room was it?

Hey , all, just wanted to follow up on the post and provide some positive feedback about TMC where I delivered by beautiful girl with help of Paul Tseng. He is a really great doctor and followed our birth plan. Nurses are really nice too. I do not regret at all for choosing TMC and Dr Paul. Very pleasant and professional doctor -not many good ones like him. Highly recommended!

Back