TCM &Tui Na

tsquare

Hello mummies

Any mummy bring their kids to TCM & Tui Na? How was your experience? I m thinking of letting my 13 mths old gal try. Any recommendation?

My son went for tuina when he was 2 months old - at the NTU's TCM clinic/school. It was very good for him, helped to clear his blocked nose cos he was too young for medication. Can you share the reason why you are considering tuina for your daughter? Need to know cause before recommendation, leh..

I think the cost varies a little. It is a teaching clinic so if you are seen by the teacher, it is full price. If you are seen by the physician, then it's cheaper. If you are seen by teacher with the students around, there is discount. http://www.ntutcm.com/

I like this because they should be the most knowledgable, since they train students to be physicians!

Hi Frogprincess

Thanks for your sharing
happy.gif
the reason why I wanna let my girl try is because within a month she has seen a pd twice due to cough n flu... The pd mentioned that the cough could be due to bronchitis and that her lung might be weak.. She also mentioned that my gal had breathing difficulty when comes to cough. The pd recommended us to "pu" her lung and there is a western medicine to do so as well. But personally I would think TCM will be better.

Do note that the Chinese Medicine; unlike the Western ones, targets the root cause and not the symptoms - so you need to give it more time to see the improvement. My daughter saw the physician once for for a very bad cough - they did the cupping (reduced strength!)... she had blue blacks all over for a few days. But according to her it wasn't painful.

Oh, when/if you see the physician, you can also ask them, whether there are any massage that you can do at home. E.g. there is this massage of the thumb that improves appetite, etc.

Back