TCM during pregnancy

sbear

Hi, anyone took TCM (an tai yao) during pregnancy, first trimester?
The TCM I'm seeing to tiao my body says should continue to see her even when pregnant.
Is it safe to take TCM during pregnancy, especially during the first trimester?

Hi, i went to see my tcm in my first trimester and he gave me an tai yao to drink once den come back again in second trim. I m crossing to second trim now. if u r worried, mayb u can stop tcm.

i just went back one week ago. he ask me to brew cordyceps with meat. he read my pulse and say baby is okie. next visit will be in my 17 weeks, one mth plus later.

Sbear,

Yes, it is safe. I hv been there and done that. No worries, yr baby will be stronger when mummy's health is stronger.

Sbear,

My medicine is in powder form prescribed by Chinese physician. Like you, I hv been treating my health with tcm for years before I got pregnant. I am glad that I treated my health way before i got married, I was worried my baby would be weak as I was in really bad shape due to work stress. A healthy baby is easier to take care, it is worth spending the time n money to see yr physician during yr pregnancy.
happy.gif

any TCM to recommend? I'm not taking my multi vits or fish oil as I have phobia of pills.. Will TCM be my only help for a healthy bb? Kindly share your contacts pls..

The TCM i'm seeing is Dr He from Eu Yang Sang.. south bridge road..but i saw other TCM contacts in e forum as well

Hi , there can please please advice. Yesterday i have brown spotting and today was light pink spotting when I wipes it only. Was unsure whether can i take both western and tcm an tai yao as well? Cause was worried . I was pregnant for 4 weeks 3 days so doctor got no finding and tell me it mind be an early miscarriage.

Sara,

Pls rest as much as possible and do not overexert yr body. Avoid stress as well. During my first trimester, I did hv slight brown spotting and I felt weak and tired. After getting sufficient rest, the brown spotting stopped. I managed to carry my 2nd pregnancy to full term.

Try to take Chinese and western medications 3-4 hr apart. Hope this helps.

Thk so much I try to rest as much as i can . Was worrying cause this morning spotting turn pink spotting .
Hey do consult ur gynae for progesterone support . I had bright red bleeding that time and I rushed to my gynae immediately tho i was not scheduled to see him abt a week and a half later. Thank god I saw the hb and found out tt bb is 6 wks plus old. was given a jab, duphaston and HL for 1 wk

I have an appointment with tracey lim at tangling shopping centre, but the appointment was on 11 Oct call her clinic yesterday but she was full and couldn't even give me any slot. So no choice I walk in to a woman clinic in far east shopping . The gynae give me folic acid and utrogestan. Any good gynae kindly referred to me. Cause i think the one I have appointment with her always so busy. Have no confidence she could able to take care of me

Back