Tampines Mummy Club

For PG & N definitely playing will win their hearts. But what teachers do when toys were giveb to kids to play? Sitting together chit chatting? K1&2 will be crucial as to prepare them for P1&2. Wonder if there is any feedback for that 2 years? I noticed mfs mostly engaged Muslim teachers. How do u find about this?

For PG & N definitely playing will win their hearts. But what teachers do when toys were giveb to kids to play? Sitting together chit chatting? K1&2 will be crucial as to prepare them for P1&2. Wonder if there is any feedback for that 2 years? I noticed mfs mostly engaged Muslim teachers. How do u find about this?

Am wondering if the last 2 lines are even necessary for discussion.

Pardon me I don't mean 'anything' what I want to say is whether Chinese speaking child will feel left alone due to not able to understand the caregiver. I got to know that the teacher in charge of the PG is very caring n efficiency in term of coaxing the kids. Thumbs up for this! But she can't possibly oversee all... especially such a big group. I know we parents put children into cc so that they learn. But they r still a baby in our heart n before they eventually get used, of course we need to check n ask around what who where finding out every single feedback we could get. Excuse me :(

The language used will still be English no matter what religion the teachers are. That's why am wondering if that sentence were even fit for discussion.

Yes I know but my gal hardly speak English at home as grandparents are taking care all this while that's my point. I mean no offence at all!

Then the sentence shld be malay or indian teachers, rather than specifically muslim teachers as stated.

Hope we learn something from here, moving on. :)

I just enrolled my son into Victoria Montessori this March 2016 after knowing that my sec sch classmate's son (he's in K1 now) is there & he can literally write TANG SHI superbly well! It is amazing to see a <5yo kiddo writing in Chinese & some words in traditional strokes. I came about this as my gf posted some pics on her FB of her boy's talent! YES I agree the fees are pretty steep. However, I think that the teachers (be it Filipinos/ China Chinese teachers) are doing an amazing job at teaching! They may seemingly be short-handed at times but the environment seems pretty conducive for learning and playing with a strong focus on curriculum and discipline. Any mommies who have enrolled their children at VM Tampines care to input their personal reviews?

Hi, I'm new here.. :)

May I know if anyone has their child/children in Star Learners child care centre at block 241 (previously Ableland/ Cambridge)? Would like to have some reviews on the centre.

Thanks in advance!

Just went to visit a few childcares around the tampines area and so far i've shortlisted Sunflower at St81 for its mindful teachers. Was impressed when the teacher asked the children in his potential class to say hi and welcome him :) the others i've been to either the teacher was disengaged and just letting the kids do whatever they wanted to (this is after tea time), or the centre admin just says the syllabus is just like that, same as other childcares, which makes me feel they are not invested in the little ones.
Am planning to take a look at a few more like My World and Mindchamps. any feedback would be appreciate!

Hi, any reviews on Star Learners at block 241?

Hi Mummies,
I am SAHM residing in Tampines.
Any mummies going for the P1 registration exercise this year?
I will need to register my #2 this year and I am still thinking which one to register...very scared if needs to ballot as I do not have luck in balloting.
Any reviews on Gong Shang, Chongzheng pri schools?

Hi Mummies,

Just wanna feedback on Picket Fench (Blk 817 Tampines St 81).

I enrolled my kid to Picket Fench recently and withdrew her out after one week.

The background of the story:-

I registered somewhere around in Feb16 and enrolled my kid to school on the Aug2016 but withdrew her out 6 days later (less than 3hrs each day).

Within the short period, the school principal and most of the teachers changed.
Now the school centre's licensee belonged to the old couple and they would pressurize us to make payment & deposit asap, giving excuse like there is a promotions of $200 off if we could make payment asap.

On the first day of the school, we were being chased out of the classroom by one of the teacher.
We were told to wait at the waiting area and not allowed to accompany her (by the way, my kid only 19 months old).
While waiting and secretly peeping at how she copes, the teacher came out and chased us home (45mins at the waiting area).
We could hear her crying non stop and our heart almost broke down. Yes, i admit this is the process but i find it super ridiculous that we are not allowed to stay in with her for the first 3 days)
We were asked to come back before her lunch, which was 11.30am. (We sent her in around 9.00am)
When we were outside the school at about 11.00am, we peeped in again, she still crying.
Can you imagine a 19 months old cried non stop for about 2 hours?
The teacher informed us that she cried too much and vomitted.
Then, we decided to bring her back.

On the 2nd day, when we were at the school gate, the teacher just grab her in. Again, she cried badly.
At 11.15am, the kids are having their lunch and we were told to wait outside the classroom.

Seeing the teachers are busy feeding some of the kids and i am rushing to work, i requested to feed her myself in the classroom.
The food is cold!! It shocked me!!
Even if the teacher added some soup to the rice, the food also feel cold.

On the 3rd day, the school called to inform me that my kid has forgotten to take back her milk bottle so i went to collect after my work (Around 5.30pm) and i heard one of the teacher was scolding one of the kid so loud that i can hear it outside the school gate. *OMG*
By this timing, most of the kids had went home.

So by the 6th day which was a Monday, when we sent her for school, she ran away and we had to chase after her.
Can you imagine she is so scare of attending the school?
After we got hold of her, the teacher came out and grab her in again. We never had a chance to tell her not to be scare of going to school.
Shortly, less than one hr, the teacher called and asked us if we could bring her back as she cried so badly and vomitted twice.

Everyday after school, she had a bad nightmares & screaming during her afternoon nap and night sleep. How can a working parents stand it if the kid woke up screaming a few times during her sleep?

By then, we are firmed that we had to withdraw her out from this school. We cant let her to continue anymore.
She fall sick on the 2nd day of her school and had been seeing dr (she had not recovered from her flu & cough).

We spoke to the principal, Ms F that we wished to withdraw her but she insisted to let her to continue as she mentioned this is very normal for a kid to behave this way. *Yes, i agree is normal but how can a kid cried so badly and ended up vomitting?*
We spoke to her our concern that we were being chased out during her 1st day and she told me that there is a misunderstanding between her and the teacher. *Hello, this is your problem and my kid is not your school first student to be enrolled in your school?*

For parents who are interested in this school, there is no free trial on the first 14days of school or prorated school fees.
Once your kid attends on the first day, you have to pay the full amount school fees $500 (Registration fees: $150, school fees $500 ($1000-$200 (promotions) - $300 (working mothers).
Even if your child attend the school half day, the cot that the kid sleep $100 & school uniform $30 each (once register, die die must take 5 sets) will not be refunded!!!
Due to another principal Mr D mentioned that regardless of whether it has been used)

Thank you for reading :)
For parents who wished to enrol her kid into this school, please choose wisely.

Hi Mummies,

Anyone looking for Chinese tuition and enrichment?
Highly recommended by mummies and daddies, Funtastic Chinese Education Hub offers pre-school, primary and secondary Chinese tuition and enrichment, after-school care services.
Local Moe-trained teachers.

Www.funtastic.com.sg
6702 1123 / 9889 8261
Blk 257 Pasir Ris Street 21 #01-299 S(510257)
Opposite Loyang Point

Hi mummies,

I know this is might not be so appropriate to post here but I am trying to find a Chinese tutor for my son who is in P4. We stay around Bedok Reservoir but don't mind travel to surrounding areas like Tampines, Bedok. If anyone got good 1-1 tutor, please please PM me their contact and charges. Thank you in advance.

Hi Hi
I' m a Nanny with 25yrs experience taking care of infants..
Can contact me for more info..

Hi, If anyone is interested to enrol in Chinese Mindchamp at Tampines can PM me? There is a referral discount program where both you and me will have a referral discount for both of us.
:)

Picket fence along st 81 is good. My girl has been there since nursery and now in K1. Her brother will be joining her soon.

Hi mummy,
is yr daughter still in picket fence? Can share your opinion on the school ie. their strength and weaknesses please cause considering to put my son there soon, thanks!

Back