Tampines Mummy Club

Dear experienced mummies or mummies-to-be staying in Tampines. I am looking for a Gynae who has a clinic in Tampines/Bedok/Katong but can deliver in Mount Alvernia. I am thinking that since I am staying in the East, visiting a Gynae for the routine pre-natal visits in the East would be more convenient. Due to good reviews of Mt Alvernia, I am considering giving birt hthere. I am already in my 22nd week and is desperate to find a gynae in teh East and sign up a package. My curent Gynae at Raffles is too expensive. Really appreciate if anyone can help. Thank you
Hi, u can try dr loke at tampines st 81. Pls call them to make reservation.

Hi tampines mummies,

Want to ask if anyone heard or have reviews for Victoria Montessori childcare? Want change cc for my son..
Thanks in advanced

Some feedback, dont send your child to MMI tamppines if you ever consider this cc, it is badly managed and teachers turnover is very high. The teachers there ..you can hardly see locals.. majority are foreigners. not that i am biase, I am fine with foreigners, but this center, even cannot make the foreign teachers stay, hence, you can imagine how bad is their management. For Montessori price but i felt that they are not delivering Montessori programme due to lack of teachers and most of the time, the kids left un-discipline. Also, only 1 teacher in bigger class like K1/K2.

When argue, the principal always there is nothing wrong as MSF's guidelines is 1 teacher to :20 or 25 kids. I went other schools to check out, all childcare centers are having 2 teachers in the class. Imagine if 1 teacher need to manage 20 young kids....

Hi mummy,

Is ur child at MMI or alr left MMI?

Hi , im looking for nanny/baby sitter to look after infant from nxt yr april onwards.
Anyone know any gd nanny to recommend?
Thanks

Hi gnetwoes, my kid is still there .. my thought is that to let him complete there since next yr is his last yr..however , i may withdraw him as i just got to know that none of the teacher will follow the children to k2 class. They hired a new teacher and going to let the new teacher take over the class and i was told.. the mngt want to cut cost , there will be no cleaner ...teachers have to take on the responsibility to clean the class room, toilets etc... i think this is too much, for 1k sch fees end up the teacher will be busy doing admin work than focus on montessori syllabus.

This sch has high turnover rate hence i am very concern to whether the new teacher will stay ar not and kids are going p1 soon.. hence few mummies have feedback to the center to let the teachers to follow apparently they are not taking the feedback into consideration.

Cant help but to give my feedback about mmi as well. It is seriously not recommended cc to enrol your kids. Its expensive and also like what the rest said, the turnover rate is super high. What most importantly is that, some of the teachers there are not qualified. Most of them are still under training with the sch's traning center hence have not receive their certification.

that was happening a few years back and I told myself never to enrol my kids in mmi ever. From the management level till the teaching staff level. Its just not recommended lah!

Agree ! If you have a choice... mmi tamp is over price and it is not delivering the equi std. I am sure how about other mmi centers. Are they the same quality or not.. friend just went to mmi pasir ris, commented very noisy and lots of shouting too during her visit to the center...

Agree ! If you have a choice... mmi tamp is over price and it is not delivering the equi std. I am sure how about other mmi centers. Are they the same quality or not.. friend just went to mmi pasir ris, commented very noisy and lots of shouting too during her visit to the center...

Its all the same for all their centres. So dont bother with the high fees yet so not worth it. Frankly, I wld rather place my kid in a pcf rather than mmi. (Yeah, its that bad of a image that mmi gave me!)

Hi mummies, take note of dis childcare at Tampines Blk 493E Happy Family Edu-Hub Pte Ltd. Although their fee is cheap but the way dey teach is horrible.
My son was there ever since 4.5yrs old and d onli he earn from d ctr is bruise n cuts. Whenever I ask teacher y like tt dey will day dey did not notice how he fell and wat he did. 1 teacher hv to tk cr of K1 n K2 tgt. After 5pm dey will watch cartoon or Hi-5.

Finally dis yr last yr K2 I decided to withdraw him out of tis ctr. He is very happy at d current ctr at Bedok Reservoir Cherie Hearts. Their activities r pack and he will not come n always tell me nth to do in sch.

If any mummies concern abt tis centre let me knw I will tell u more.

Hello

Any mummies child have attend Child First school (Tampines central) or Vitoria Montessori school (Blk 824)? any feedback for the school

Dear mummies, I am first time mummy residing in Tampines area and I am looking out for feedbacks on Infantcare (Tampines area) or Part-time Nannies (Tampines area too) and Part-time Helper. Any recommendations?

Hello

Any mummies child have attend Child First school (Tampines central) or Vitoria Montessori school (Blk 824)? any feedback for the school
Jan I just send my gal to mfs. She now is 21 months. She very comfort with all the teachers. Teachers very friendly. And I also noticed improve a lot in talking. And 4 days of school she already how to eat by herself.
For vitoria, I did pay them a visit. I know is a nice cc also. But school fee too ex....

Hi Tampines mummies,

Anyone need uniform (blue & white tee / blue short) for Tampines MYMCA childcare can PM me. I m giving away as my 3.5 YO girl is leaving the cc next month Mar 2015 onwards. Cheers!

I'm looking for mygym size M t-shirt. Able to self collect around tampines area. Pls pm me if anybody is blessing it. Many thanks.

Hi Tampines mummies,

I m residing at st32, anyone nearby? And wanna check if anyone here send their kids to PCF BLK 318? would like to hear feedback on this centre....TIA

Wonder anyone have kids with 713 tampines PCF pre-school childcare?
I am wondering if I shall change my girl from Learning Kidz Tampines to this 713 PCF ....

I would like to meet too, though i will only be due on End April 2016 - First child :)

Want to meet up so my kid can have playmates in future :) My friends are all only getting married and will only try for kids one or two years later :)

Any of your child is in Victoria Montessori schoolhouse? Any feedback? My child will be in N2 next year. We are moving to Tampines next year and planning to change to a childcare in the vicinity.
Or any other childcare to recommend?

Hello Tampines mommies!
Am considering infant care at Nurture Infant Care (Tampines St. 43). Any reviews on this place? Thanks in advance :)

Hi. I will be sending my son to playgroup in January next year. Would like to check if there is any review for Playgroup - Happy Family Edu-Hub Pte Ltd at Blk 493E or My First Skool at Tampines st45. Thanks.

Yes quite ex...heard teacher turnover is high. Wonder if that's true?
My kids are now in N2 and K1 in Victoria montessori tampines. we enrolled my elder kid in when the sch was newly opened. I'm not sure abt other classes but for my kids, the Chinese teacher has been teaching him since N1 while there's a yearly change to English n maths teacher.
Yes quite ex...heard teacher turnover is high. Wonder if that's true?

Hi all, I know i am a few years later hahah, but is the community still on? Do you ladies have nanny to recommend in Tampines area?

Just went to visit a few childcares around the tampines area and so far i've shortlisted Sunflower at St81 for its mindful teachers. Was impressed when the teacher asked the children in his potential class to say hi and welcome him :) the others i've been to either the teacher was disengaged and just letting the kids do whatever they wanted to (this is after tea time), or the centre admin just says the syllabus is just like that, same as other childcares, which makes me feel they are not invested in the little ones.
Am planning to take a look at a few more like My World and Mindchamps. any feedback would be appreciate!

hi everyone
deciding which to chose: my world preschool at tampines changkat or my first skool at 803
any feedback for these 2 ccc
thanks in adv

My son is at mfs at blk 803. So far so good. The principal love kids. The teachers are abit "kiasee" so u will get calls when ur kid fall n cut his lips at sch. Which is good. They will also refuse the kid for sch if they detect mild fever etc. My son quite ok w his sch. He will surprise me with the whole songs that the teacher teach. They also update interesting pics on FB n mfs app. Quite happy with them overall.

thanks alicialimsc for your valued feedback :)
may i know which level your son is at now? mine going to PG.
Are the teachers patient & caring & know how to calm down crying babies?
when to peep at the class one morning & saw nothing much.
i learnt that mfs using learn thru play method, no worksheet no spelling etc..
do you find the place quite small?
i also prefer skool post pics on FB so that we can know that kids are having fun in skool.
too bad my world does not post on FB but i like their bright & wide open environment.

I think patience wise they are ok. Usually it's the new comers that cry. He is in n1 this year. Worksheet just started. PG don't have worksheets. Too young lar. But quite alot of my friends whose kids are in mfs send their kids for enrichment. I not the gan cheong mum.. haven't send yet. Hehe.

I chose mfs 80% of the reason is for convenience n price. So i not complaining abt the curriculum.

Back