Tampines Mummy Club

kaira: wahaha... miscomm la!!! heee...
spakle tots, i heard quite popular one wo....
happy.gif

all e best!

keep me informed of the outing okok!!
jia you on ur 2nd arrival!! :D

Hi mummies,
I've 2 boys, one 21 mths old and the other 2 mths old. We are staying at Tampines st 44. Im excited to find that there's a tampines mummy club and would love to join this group.
happy.gif

At the same time I'm also keen to look for playmates around the area for my elder boy. I will become a sahm (not exactly though as i will be doing my freelance from time to time) to care for both of my boys with the help of my maid from feb 2011 onwards.

hi strawberrys79,

Nice to hear from you. This thread not very active. Do email to those mummies I gave you. They are very keen for meetup too
happy.gif

Hope able to meet up with you someday. My #2 will be due next yr April. Will also be switching to part time after my ML.

Hi Tampines mummies

would be moving to Tampines Blk 700 series in April.
would like to place my 4 year gal at YMCA Blk 855?
Is it good? How about Cherie Hearts at Blk 700+?
Kindly advise me

Many Thanks

Hi little black

I don't quite know that area, but I heard the one at 723 (facing e main road) is quite good.
you may wanna chk out... :D

Welcome to Tampines! :D

Hi Mommies!

A little late in my greetings, but HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I've been really busy with a new baby in the house, plus my 1st-born is growing molars. So you can imagine all the crying that's happening in my house. LoL!!!

Hi little black,

The YMCA at Blk 855 seems crowded the last time I check it out about 1 yr ago.
As for Cherie Hearts, heard that the teacher turnover rate quite high.

Hi sunbeary,

I totally understand what you mean when it comes to Agape.
My boy is there and I'm also very unhappy with the teachers turnover rate.
Just like you, when my boy was sick for 4 days, no teacher call at all to check on the reason for his absentism.

I'm thinking of changing school for him. Now considering the one that AC mentioned.
Myfirstskool which is by NTUC at Blk 803. My PIL went to check out the place and they said it is very new.

The school fee is also very reasonable. In fact, much cheaper than Agape.
I'm going to check out this week or next week and make a decision.
happy.gif

Arisz & little black,

Hi hi..
happy.gif
I'm going to enrol my boy to Sparkle tots in 2012 which is just below my block. Their vacancy taken up quite fast.

For a start, we are bringing him to GUG at suntec city outlet. Not cheap. $170++ for 1.5hr lesson a week. Just wanna let him have a feel first before we enrol him full time to school .

kaira,

don't close don't close! The more the merrier!
happy.gif

I'm also expecting but due in May.
happy.gif

Are you SAHM or working?

arisz,

Big congrats to you too
happy.gif
Just a month difference
happy.gif
My EDD is 11.04.2011 I'm a FTWM. intend to switch to part time after my ML
happy.gif

I like kids too but at times they can be quite a handful
happy.gif

thanks kaira! my edd is 30th may.

Next time our boys can play together!

your no. 1 is 2009 baby right? Thats the year of my no. 2
happy.gif

I'm working part time, 3 days a week now.
Can spent more time with my boys so it is better.
Thats why i'm thinking of gathering for tampines mummies on my off days.
happy.gif
anyone interested?

hello mummies,

Didn't realised that this thread is suddenly alive!

Arisz - - let me know your thoughts on myfirstskool! I just called earlier - - kind of piss me off.... they've moved all calls to headquarter. So the lady I spoke with, couldn't speak proper English, and I just wanted to ask some questions.. but she asked me to go online and submit registration form so that the center can answer my questions! Didn't leave me a good impression..

arisz,

U wanna send an invite in the facebook group date/ venue / time . Many SAHM interested but if weekend would be even better. All can join in. For me, Sunday around 4 plus I able to make it. Maybe can go botanic garden / Pasir Ris Park or just gather at tampines stadium ??

Rachel,

Nice to see you here again. Now I also fan over pre-school .. Sian...

<font color="0000ff">Hihi,

Wanted to share a little bt Carpe Diem. Started my boy in Carpe Diem in Dec 2010 and so far our experience with them is pretty pleasant.. The tc are very warm and helpful.

My boy usually arrive sch at 8.30am &amp; there was once since we were at home, decided to send him later. The tc took the extra effort to call me at 9.30am not seeing him in sch &amp; asked if he is okie...

Also, my boy has very bad ezcema &amp; when the tc knew bt it. The Centre Director even called me to just to check what can be done for him or ways to relieve his itch.. We tot without aircon, his skin will b worsen but so far, it's still okie. These are small stuffs which really touch us. Hope these good stuffs will still continue...

Hope this helps! </font>

Hi Mummies

Can help to find out from friends/colleagues or neighbours on YMCA childcare at Blk 855 Tampines St.83?

Many thanks in advance

Hello mummies!

I'll no longer be a SAHM come April. Going to miss being one though.

Anyway, I've noticed that almost all of the questions posted here concern our kids. What about us as women? Do you do anything for yourselves? My "me" time is spent at the gym for about an hour a day.

I also find myself neglecting my husband's needs. What do you do to keep the romance going?

hi im staying in tampines and my little one is turning 15 mths soon. I am thinking of putting her to a play group when she turns 18 mths.. is there any recommendation for good CC ctr? Anyone has any experience with star learners at simei, Littleskoolhouse at tampines or learning vision at pasir ris? thanks!

helo!

i'm a SAHM w two kids at tampines. my older one is 29 coming 30 m.o.

Looking for some morning programme for him.

Any input on"
1. Kiddy Ark ( 727 Tampines St 71)
2. Acorn (i think it is 725 Tampines st 71)

Any other recommendaation?

ALSO , i'm thinking of starting a regular playgroup for tots around my son's age ( 28 -36 mo) at my place to do craft and drama stuff together. Anyone keen??? Probably weekday mornings.

Hi Sarah

I am a FTWM, my daughter is currently 34 months and is taken care of by my mum who stays in Tampines.
I am keen in the playgroup.
Where do u intend to hold it?

Thanks for initiating this
happy.gif

Hi all! I'm new in this Tampines thread.
I'm a SAHM (for now anyways!) with a 5mo bb gal.
would like to noe more mummies wif bbs around d same age as mine. :D

Hi SarahMay, that's a really good idea! Any details?

By the way mummies, I'm now a FTWM. I'm being trained to become a childcare teacher! Can you believe it? Hehehe

modgurl!!!! wow............. which childcare u working now? cool~~

hi eenie, welcome here!!! once awhile, the mummies arrange gatherings.. :D

modgurl, cool! how did you go into that career path?

Hi all, anyone have kids in Blk 858 PCF kindergarten 'The Acron'?
want to find out more about the teachers and program.

AC and arisz, I applied through WDA website on a whim. Apparently, the childcare industry is on a hiring spree. With WDA sponsorship, even non-experienced applicant are hired and sent for training to become a teacher!

I've been hired by Sparkletots. They sent me for a 15-mth fully sponsored course to become a teacher. While studying, I also get paid a salary. 3 day of school, 2 days at the centre. Not bad eh?

So if anyone's interested, just check out PCF Sparkletots and NTUC's My First Campus websites. These are the centres which are actively hiring right now.

Yumi, can't say for all pre-school teachers and I don't know the kindergarten you mentioned. Teachers in all levels are overstretched. So I guess the teachers in that kindergarten were stressed out with registration and curriculum planning and that's why they gave you that impression. I don't know. Not defending them or anything. Nevertheless, I agree with you that they could have treated you better. It's all about professionalism. Perhaps you can feedback to the principal. I would.

Hi

I m a Tampines mommy at St 12. My two kids &amp; I r sleep deprived. Any one who knows of a good adhoc nanny near me kindly pm.

My kids can't nap with each other. It's driving me nuts &amp; they getting eye bags &amp; falling sick

One 3yo &amp; another 10 mo

Thanks in advance!

Hi all tampines mummy, I recently moved to near upper changi rd north, its very near tampines and pasir ris. Just want to check, did any mummies send their kids to mindchamp tamp or mindchamp changi business park? Would like to have some feedback on these 2 branches. Thank you so much.

Hi i am new in this thread. I am staying in st 81, have 3 kids,2 Boys and 1 girl, currently pregnant and due on 16 Aug 2012.

My 2 Boys are currently staying in MMI Tampines at blk 939.

My eldest boy is having enrichment classes every sat for abacus at Apple plus abacus and for english at Lcentral. wanna know if Lcentral is gd? coz i find it that Lcentral pace is slower den My boy's school. any good english enrichment classes to recommend?

Hi tampines mummies.

I am staying at St 21 with 2 kids, 1 boy (2008) and 1 girl (2010).

Is Lcental good? I also keen to know
happy.gif

Hope this thread can be more active for us to share more ya.

Cheers

Hi Tampines mummies,

I'm staying in St 41 with 2 kids, 1 girl (2006) &amp; 1 boy (2009)

Going thru P1 registration soon, and having headache now coz dunno which sch to chose.
Any of your kids studying in Gongshang Pri &amp; St Hilda's Pri? Can i have your reviews on these 2 sch?
I understand St Hilda's is good, but very hard to get in. I'm under 2C phase for both St Hilda's &amp; Gongshang, but Gongshang is within 1km and St Hilda's is btw 1-2KM.

Hope someone can advise me... thks

Hi Tampines mummies,

I am staying in The Premiere with 1 girl (2011).

Just chance upon this thread and i hope to gain insights to good pre-school and all about baby stuff from mummies here!

Hi Tampines Mummies,
I am staying at st. 82.
I have 2 boys age 6. Hope to make some neighbourhood friends in this forum. And I do have some baby stuff to give away.
Not sure how active this thread is, jus hope to get things moving, anyone who pops in just say a Hi. ; )

Hi, Im at Ave 4. I have 3 girls (2006, 2010, 2012). All prem babies. Still looking for school for my no. 2. Soon will be registering my eldest for P1. so exciting. Is st hilda very good? was thinking between Red Swastika and Junyuan? I think I within 1km for St Hilda?

hihi i've been inactive for very long and like to join the forum again. im at street 81 with 2 girls, 2008 and 2011.

nice to see mummies near me! =)

hi Tampines Mummies,

I just shifted to st 32 ard 3 weeks ago!

i have a gal (2005) n boy (2010)...

looking for pri 1 tuition classes (chinese and Eng/maths) for my gal is a headache! anyone has any good recommendation for gd tuition group at reasonable rates? saw many tuition places at st 21... but also dunnoe which is good... would appreciate if any mummy would be able to help me...thanks in advance...

my boy just joined the pre-nursery at 318 PCF, any mummies has kids ther too? so far hows the feedback? although this is my boy's 2nd week, i dun have very good impression already... haiz. my boy didnt cry for the first few days... thn on the 5th day, he started crying !
sad.gif
dunnoe why... thn there are a few who are also crying...! dunnoe when will this stop...

Would like to know more mummies nearby me
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

I am at blk 156 tampines st 12. This is directly opposite tampines mall starbucks. I have a boy who is turning 17 months soon. I have enrolled him into creative twinkles playgroup at blk 354. Any mummies have any feedback on this school? I personally like the place very much. Clean, spacious and well-ventilated. Teachers and principal seems nice too. Most importantly, my son doesn't reject it. He was playing happily when we were there. He will be starting after the Sep school hols at around 19 months.
happy.gif

Back