Symptoms of successful conception

Sky Lin

Dear experts, i would like to ask on the symptoms for successful conception.

I have irregular menses since young and the longest duration for no menses is about 9 months. My last period is in January 2018. My hubby and I are hoping to have a baby and i went to a gynae in april. All tests show that I am okay and the gynae gave me pills for my menses to come and ovaluation.

I started the pills on 1 May 2018 and my menses did come on the 10 May. I follow the instructions from the gynae for the ovaluation pills. We had sex for 3 times from day 10 to 17 (i cant really remember which day, but ). On day 18, i felt abit strange in my body. Feeling tired easily, feel hungry easily, lots of saliva, bloating, feel like there is pitching type of pain under my belly button. I will be gg for another blood test on day 22 as the gynae advised me to. Do u think that this are the symptoms of successful conception.

your symptoms could be anything, not necessarily signs of a successful conception.. hard to tell at day 18 as it seems a bit too early imo. best to wait it out. good luck!

your symptoms could be anything, not necessarily signs of a successful conception.. hard to tell at day 18 as it seems a bit too early imo. best to wait it out. good luck!

Hi p_eppermint, thanks you for ur blessing. I just got my blood test and have to wait for 1 week. I told the gynae my symptoms but all he react is only 'orgh'. Feel disappointed with him. He didnt even ask me more about my symptoms.

hi! I'm also trying for over a year and I understand how you feel after you took the pill and trying to conceive. Any minor little symptoms could make you curious and nervous if you bingo. According to what you said, most of the people ovulation on Day 14 or around that day, if you really bingo, your symptoms seems too early to show on day 18. I'm not saying you are not bingo but I mean thoes symptoms may be are your ovulation symptoms because it happen on me as well after I took the ovulation pill and my urine paper test show I ovulated on Day 17. Which is also a good news, you may successfully ovulated and much bigger chance to bingo! your doctor ask you to do blood test on day 22 is it progesnoge test? that will show you did you ovulated and guess what , I also did the blood test today on day 21. However, I got my result after 2 hours so wonder if you could get the result earlier. because my doctor told me my progesterone level is very high, after a scan, confirm only 1 egg ovulated , sometime high progesterone on day 21 could be more than 1 egg released , my doctor also told me pregnancy also show high progesterone. but as doctor said this shouldn't be a guide line to show pregnant or not until 2 weeks later do the hsg test to confirm.

Good luck

Hi p_eppermint, thanks you for ur blessing. I just got my blood test and have to wait for 1 week. I told the gynae my symptoms but all he react is only 'orgh'. Feel disappointed with him. He didnt even ask me more about my symptoms.

i think your gynae just does not want to give you false hope, so try not to get too disappointed. i think he just wants to be sure, i.e with proper test results etc, before he gives you a "confirmed" answer. symptoms are extremely subjective and, like what the above poster mentioned, could also be ovulation symptoms or simply you feeling under the weather.

my pregnancy symptoms only started abt 2 weeks after i conceived, and even so it was very similar to PMS symptoms, except for the extreme fatigue which i had nvr experienced before prior to getting pregnant.

hope you get lucky, sending you some baby dust! :)

hi! I'm also trying for over a year and I understand how you feel after you took the pill and trying to conceive. Any minor little symptoms could make you curious and nervous if you bingo. According to what you said, most of the people ovulation on Day 14 or around that day, if you really bingo, your symptoms seems too early to show on day 18. I'm not saying you are not bingo but I mean thoes symptoms may be are your ovulation symptoms because it happen on me as well after I took the ovulation pill and my urine paper test show I ovulated on Day 17. Which is also a good news, you may successfully ovulated and much bigger chance to bingo! your doctor ask you to do blood test on day 22 is it progesnoge test? that will show you did you ovulated and guess what , I also did the blood test today on day 21. However, I got my result after 2 hours so wonder if you could get the result earlier. because my doctor told me my progesterone level is very high, after a scan, confirm only 1 egg ovulated , sometime high progesterone on day 21 could be more than 1 egg released , my doctor also told me pregnancy also show high progesterone. but as doctor said this shouldn't be a guide line to show pregnant or not until 2 weeks later do the hsg test to confirm.

Good luck

Hi mnm216, i did the blood test on day 22. I need to wait for 1 week for the test result. I am just praying for the best for this result.

Seriously, as i have irregular menses all this while, the symptoms i have is too strong for me to feel it. Until today which is day 25, i still have some feelings like feeling tired out of sudden and i almost fainted when i skipped my lunch for one hour. Lots of saliva and the pitching pain under my belly button.

Anyway, thanks for your advise.

i think your gynae just does not want to give you false hope, so try not to get too disappointed. i think he just wants to be sure, i.e with proper test results etc, before he gives you a "confirmed" answer. symptoms are extremely subjective and, like what the above poster mentioned, could also be ovulation symptoms or simply you feeling under the weather.

my pregnancy symptoms only started abt 2 weeks after i conceived, and even so it was very similar to PMS symptoms, except for the extreme fatigue which i had nvr experienced before prior to getting pregnant.

hope you get lucky, sending you some baby dust! :)

Hi p_eppermint, thanks for your baby dust..

Back