Support Group - Singpost doing away with re-delivery services for registered bulky items

Came across this issue today. This is totally bullshit. Why did they change from a working process to this tedious process? Was surprised to hear there is a re-delivery fee incurred. vPOST website did not state anything that there is a re-delivery fee, if they did i wouldn't have use vpost this time in the first place. 22nd june failed delivery on 1st attempt and now i have to wait till 5th july to get my item... lol exactly 2 weeks. Wow!

I finally got the re-delivery fee waived after a 51mins phone call... but have to wait for SIX working day. Definitely will not be using this bullshit service anymore. Rather pay more or same using CGW and delivery is by dhl/fedex (i believe?).

Time to reduce online shopping, especially bulky ones, that uses EMS or what others that needed to go through their services.
sad.gif

No strength to carry heavy things.

Singpost service is getting from bad to worse. I didn't know there is a redelivery fee until I read this thread. It seems like they don't even inform the customers beforehand. Do they indicate this new change in their website?

moorspa
Even if know there is extra redelivery fee, will you want to pay for it?

For me, I don't think so. Shouldn't this be free service? Plus not informing when delivering things is not helping.

I agreed with oppsgal. We already paid for the shipping fee. WHy should we pay extra? Somemore its not our fault, there is not arrangement made in adv.

Oppsgal,

I'll not pay for the redelivery service, as it is supposed to be a service. That's why I say Singapost is getting from bad to worse, and they are the only mailing company in Singapore which just give consumers no other alternatives. Plus not informing beforehand, just make things worse. Otherwise, we hv to opt for DHL for overseas shipping which is more reliable, but it is more expensive, right? Pls correct me if I am wrong.

Singpost already made many Singaporeans unhappy, I wonder what would come next with their poor management? Public services in Singapore as a whole is going downhill esp with govt linked companies. The MRT incident is one good example.

Frankly speaking, I am very disappointed. With all these things happening, I just feel services etc are worsening and we hv to live with it.
sad.gif

I agree with Moorspa. We are forced to live with it.

Just like I was discussing with hubby recently. Shell and Esso had been demanded to provide with an explanations on why their fuel price never decrease after the oil prices are constantly on the dip. BUT.... SP Services weren't asked for an explanation for their 3-4 times price hike last yr. Citing oil price increase.

Now these. Haiz.... tired of living here in this Country.

Angeline,

You are right, everybody is hving a hard time to cope with high living cost here. It is going to get worse. The lower income group is hit the hardest, I feel it is affecting middle income group now. The rich are the ones who are enjoying their lavish lifestyle despite the increasing living cost. Now all sorts of corruption news (our so called clean govt are not that clean after all)are out, along with the latest city harvest church news.

More Singaporeans will be unhappy, I really hope in the next general election, pple will open their eyes big and not be taken in by govt giveaways just before the election. We need a change. Right now, in order to survive, we hv to find ways to cope with the increasing cost of living.

Oppsgal

I am just writing what I feel abt the situation in Singapore as a whole. I am surprised that u think of it as a complaint. If you read the above link, singpost does not address the concerns of Ms Chu.

By saying the trial was well received (that is what they say, who knows how true it is based on so many unhappy customers' feedback here), and stating other positive points on their trial, they are just indirectly telling Ms Chu there is not much inconvenience caused in this new system. No matter how many pple write in, they hv already decided to go ahead with this new system. If a person writes in to the newspaper, it may or may not get to be published on the paper.

moorspa

"Complaint" or "feedback", it don't matters.
sad.gif
Most importantly, is the situation should get attention and "improve".

If only one person writes in paper, might not be effective? If more people write in, then might get the message across? True that their voices might not be published...

So what to do if they think that the new trial is good and decided to do with it? We cannot do much if they want to go ahead, just like we cannot tell them how they want to run their company?
sad.gif

Just my thought.

In my opinion, since SingPost already started this, they definitely had set their mind to make it a success for them. I don't think there is any turning point for this re-delivery charge thing anymore.

I had already stopped using vPost for all my sprees because it is really impossible for me to have someone waiting by the door everyday for the postman to turn up without notice.

An example of my experience with SingPost & DHL:
2 hours on the phone with SingPost and they still can't tell me when they will deliver my parcel nor where is the exact location of my parcel. Then they turn up unexpectedly and no one is at home to received the parcel. Then I had to go down to the post office to carry 10 over kgs of loots home myself even though I had paid them the not-so-cheap shipping.

5mins on the phone with DHL informing them that I saw my parcel arrived at the delivery facility on a Saturday morning. They offer to deliver at any time of my preference during the week. On the same Saturday evening, the DHL man deliver 1 parcel to me.

That's the difference between their service level. DHL could be $10 or $20 more expensive than vPost but at least I don't get frustrated with the failed tracking system and customer service by SingPost.

Juliet

Some how some cannot choose other delivery services, can only choose between EMS and air postage.
sad.gif

I think I have to go join sprees that offer courier with extra cost. Less work for me.

Unless my husband don't mind help me go carry the big big heavy parcel all the way from post office.

@oppsgal:

Yah. Nowadays I avoid spreeing sites which use EMS unless I know I am able to hand carry back in case the parcel is undelivered.

The problem with local courier company is that they are not cheap also...
Taqbin is one of the cheapest but their service really sux.

Oppsgal,

That's what I meant earlier and in my previous postings as well, it is useless writing in even if you petition, would it work? The management has made the decision and they would not withdraw it anyway.

What is more effective is not giving Singpost business, like what Juliet has done, stop using their service if possible. This would prove their new system is a failure with decreasing business. As long their business is not affected by the new system, it is going to be around for a long time.

Action speaks louder than words, and I applaud Juliet for deciding not to use Vpost service. I understand spree organizers are the most affected as it will inconvenience them a lot. My hubby is also looking for an alternative affordable overseas shipping service as he has also encountered the same problem with singpost.

Shld anybody knows an affordable overseas shipping service, pls share in this thread.

Ya. And it's their own words anyway. They can say anything they like. Based on what they says it's well received? Complains all they threw away, leaving a handful and say its well received? I ask lotsa ppl and even in FB more than 100ppl also agree that this is not a feasible idea.

Anyway we shall think of alternatives. I will asking my whole lot of neighbors for help. Making their ppl go round knocking on the door. Anyway it's their ppl who suffers. Why we bother?? Lolz

Ya moorspa. I will pay my courier double than to pay them a single cents to deliver. Let's hope their biz goes down the drain

I encountered this prob today and called the stupid speedpost CSO. FYI I stayed at jurong west and my item wasn't bulky. I order a shampoo from acmamall coz they were having a US$5 off and I missed their delivery yest. Tried requesting for redelivery but keep failing so talked to the CSO. She told me that I have to collect from PAYA LEBAR post office and it cannot be redirected to jurong point PO. I shouted at her and said u expect me to travel 2 hours to and fro with my bb to collect?

I dunno wth is this. Is Speedpost trying to compete its lousiness with Taqbin and Eurasia? With such service I hope they will close down soon. I have also wrote in to acmamall that I will not be ordering with them in future unless they change the delivery.

From what I understand speedpost is more exp than registered airmail. How come they ask me to travel to paya lebar to collect? The cso told me its a new rule. Who is the crazy b who started this new rule?

Yesterday when I was home receiving my items from Vpost, I spoke to the delivery guy about the re-delivery issue.

1) Yes, it's true. Orders passed down by European bosses that re-delivery to be axed. No more redelivery for those missed deliveries.
2) Last time they used to drop off the items at nearest PO but then, recent new SOP is to take all items back to Paya Lebar. So please be prepared to go there and collect your missed items.
3) He advise, this axing of the re-delivery service will not be re-instated. Thus, be very prepared to expect more inconvenience. If you seriously do not want to miss it, please have the items mailed to you at your workplace if you are working.

Had a long chat with him. He also did say that many postmen are overworked. New SOP, new Management, bla bla bla.....

vPost seems to have forgotten that they are not the monopoly in this market. By doing so, they are actually axing off their own business. We have nothing to lose since their service sux in the first place.

The only way to revert the situation is for everyone to stop using vPost service and let them see the dip in their P&L. Then only will they know how bad this decision is.

Recently I delivered a reg mail item to my frd, they did not leave the delivery advice as my frd was not at home, my frd called for redelivery but they did not turn up. She waited one week before checking w post office, the item was still there. Imagine waiting up to 1 week when we paid extra $2.30 to hv it registered, but it takes same time as normal mail to arrive and end up hv to self collect at PO

Tell the european mgmt to balik kampung better

So mail to working place, then working place become full of parcels?

If parcel is heavy then how to carry home all the way from working place?

Thought that still got 5 working days to collect from "nearest" post office?

What's the point of making "noise" here in this forum?
sad.gif
Don't think any point. Plus also some merchants only using this service, and don't offer much other choices.

Are you game enough to try this virtualpostmail? I read about it in one of Singapore's forums. Here is someone who has tried: http://www.mikebman.com/2010/03/getting-rid-of-snail-mail-part-1/

I only ordered from overseas like 3 times a year and I also have enough of Vpost's crap service. Today is Sunday and the courier just dropped the delivery advice without knocking on the door. My gate was wide open. Would you expect a delvery on Sunday by our VPOST?

I think mummies affected should leave feedback in the Singpost page or call to complain.

I remembered last time I used to complain about the smartpac being so "stupid" that it can't be tracked. So what for use the smartpac?

I think I wasn't the only one complaining cos after a while, they change the way to locate the smartpac.

useless...small item $10 bulky box $35 for re-deliver
+ they always choose those timing when nobody at home how to deliever
sad.gif

sometimes I suspect they dun even bring the carton up to the house just go up and slip the "i was here at 10:00 but nobody in" w/o pressing bell......

Any feedback on Smartpac then? What happens when one isn't at home? Got to pay for re-delivery too and non-trackable?

Ard half year ago while i was using EMS for my preorder stuff , i used to monitor the delivery online, on the day of delivery they did not came and without informing they will put sum remarks as in too much stuff they cant manage to deliver..so i call up and they say they will deliver next day so frm 11 am i open the door and around 1.30 pm i call them up on the status and normally they will say call u bk after thay check with the postman.. So all these while my living room door was wide open with my parents watching tv... Half an hr later more later at ard 2.15 this CS told me that status was nobody at home when postman came at 2 pm.. I gave her a lashing and told her since this morning 11 am my door was wide open and not a single soul came and i din even c the delivery note.. So its so obvious that delivery man din even came at all

Mehui: Smartpac if u are nt at home they will put inside ur letter box..

Dear ladies will registered mail be affected and like EMS & VPOST needs customer to go dwn post office to take??

TQT,

If u missed the registered mail, u have to collect at the nearest post office. For vpost registered mail, collection at Paya Lebar. This is what happened to me.

TQT,

For the delivery advice I received lately, all states that I can collect at where and where, I dun see redelivery notice at all.

TQT,

That's why, its been so annoying nowadays. Everyday come back from home, the last thing I want to see is a delivery advice on the floor.
sad.gif

Princess Leopard: At least u can see the DN on the floor sometimes no DN issue and call the operator they say u urself should go track online..

TQT,

It just happened once. One fine day, the seller sent me an email telling me to quickly collect my parcel as its been with the courier for 2 weeks. I am shocked cos I din receive any DN at all. How am I suppose to know I need to collect my parcel??

I have been very pissed with Speedpost Services as well.

2days 10calls to 10 different people and end of the day,I had to go Paya Lebar to collect my cartons by myself back.

The cs at the call centre,has no sense of urgency none responsibility.

Standard phrase: We have send this to the relevant department and we have to wait for them to get back.End up, no one gets back.

I have personally encounter at least 3-4times which I didn't get the Delivery Advice.there was once,my item almost got send back to overseas.luckily I called to chk and managed to track my item down after it was late for close to two weeks.It was just one day shy of being "DEPORTED" back to Taiwan!!

Complaint doesn't seem to work at all.Those people working there other than Singaporeans seems not have any sense of responsibility.They must be having Iron rice bowl.

got this contact from the internet.I think we should all write in.

Patsie Tan (Ms) Senior Manager (Corporate Communications), SingPost Tel: 6845 6231, Mobile: 97976186 Email: [email protected]

not at all suprise to see so many complaints about singpost on the web. had a lot of bad experiences. the authoritarian behavior of typical govt depts did not change despite being privatised. for the benefit of all, the feedback can be sent to IDA which is the governing body. If it doesn't work, the escalation should be done to the ministry. this bad service monopoly has to end, otherwise many singaporeans will be taken for granted.

Yeah, I think twice whenever I want to do shopping online nowadays. The ladies at the post office tell me that for non-registered but bulky mail, they will not re-deliver - instead a DN to collect at your designated post office will be left. But for regstered mail, they will offer a redelivery once.

My issue with them is that my 'designated' post office is >1.5km away from my place and rather out of the way... and I actually have another post office just 700m away which I pass thru on my way home from work, but for some reason they will only leave my parcels at this 'designated' post office. Really inconvenient!

ai yo ridiculous....its always the consumer who suffers...now we cant even depend on good 'o' govt services for commoners....not everyone is rich to afford DHL etc....sigh....

everything is so expensive now and still this.....

Unbearable shipping experience with vpost

I am a regular online buyer for the past 5 years and has been actively purchasing and shipping items from Amazon US and eBay US. I have been a loyal vpost customer using their forwarding service to have my items shipped from their US address to Singapore for the past years. There are some hiccups here and there from time to time and I tried to bear with them until this recent transaction which is deemed intolerable.

I purchased a used old toy from a eBay seller at S$70 and the item was shipped to my vpost US address. I was shocked to find out that vpost quoted me a total of S$184.84 to ship the item to Singapore! It has an actual weight of 3.6kg and but a volumetric weight of 18.4kg, as the eBay merchant has shipped it with an oversized box. I tried to request for repacking service and they take a few days to get back to me to inform me that they could not repack as they "do not have customised boxes to repack packages" in their own exact words. I then tried to ask them the cost of shipping the item back to the seller at the state of Colorado. They quoted me S$71.95 when my eBay merchant only charged me at S$32! I also ask vpost to quote me if I were to forward the item to my comgateway US address which is also in Oregon as vpost US address. They quoted me S$57.82 when interstate shipment from Colorado to Oregon is only S$32! I felt I'm at the mercy of vpost, whatever they quoted me I would have to comply to. I tried my last request to see if vpost can give me a small discount on the item so I will be able to cut down the shipping cost by a little bit and save the hassle of shipping the item back and forth. They simply replied "this request was not granted". I was so frustrated and being forced to pay the full shipment charge which cost almost 3 times the value of the item. It will definitely be the last time that I'm engaging vpost on shipping my items for the following reasons:

1. unwillingness to try their best to repack item as they "do not have customised boxes to repack packages"
2. unreasonable shipping charge upon request to have the item send back to sender. My sender only paid S$32 to ship from Colorado State to vpost at Oregon State and vpost is quoting me S$71.95 to have the item sent back to the sender which is more than 2 times what my sender paid!
3. unreasonable shipping charge upon request to have the item forwarded to another US address which is located within the same state of Oregon. As mentioned, sender only paid S$32 to have the item send from Colorado State to Oregon State, and vpost is quoting me S$57.82 to have the item forwarded to another address within the same state which is almost 2 times of what my sender paid for interstate shipment!
4. unwillingness to offer any discount to empathize with customer and help customer who is a victim of oversized merchant packaging.
5. unwillingness to do offer anything to try to retain loyal customer like me regardless of my loyalty to have engaged their postal service regularly for the past 5 years!
6. slow and ineffective response time that cost customer precious time. It has taken me more than a week and the case is still not settled, let alone receiving the item.

I would try out vpost competitors like Comgateway or Borderlinx for my future purchases. I have compared the rates between vpost and Comgateway and find Comgateway is better in terms of:
1. generally lower shipping rate per 0.5kg
2. cheaper unpacking service: US$5-7 Comgateway vs S$12 vpost (if they decide to repack for you). They even help customers to repack items from boxes to bags if possible, to as to help customers save shipping cost.
3. real-time tracking which vpost does not offer
4. cheaper returns admin fee: US$5 Comgateway vs S$10 vpost,and cheaper returns shipping rate. Basically Comgateway's international returns shipping rate costs cheaper than vpost's domestic returns shipping rate!

Hope the sharing of my experience will help consumers to have a greater online shopping experience from US merchants.

I had some experience with vPost which I would give an overall rating of 5 of 10.

Plus side:

When merchants packed my goods with oversized boxes, I would always ask vPost to reconfirm the size of those boxes whenever I find them too big to be true. They will always ask if there are fragile items inside, when I replied with a no, the size would always turn out to be smaller than initially quoted.

When I received my 1st and 2nd packages from vPost, I would realised what actually happened. Whenever I told them the above, they would flatten my boxes by a bit (I don't wish to know what they used) so resulting in slightly cheaper delivery. Haha, well I'm nevertheless thankful for their effort...

So far so good, every parcel from them safely reaches my hands and in good order despite the visibly flatten boxes which I don't mind and am grateful to.

Cons

Think they've lost out more and more in terms of air freight price competition.

Whenever the package reach SG, they will not check if any recipient is at home, they just deliver. I always end up going to Singapore Post Centre to collect my parcel.

Very slow CS response.

Summary:
Well, while I still don't mind using vPost, it won't stop me from engaging other international couriers if they provide way better service and on a secondary consideration, price tag.

Ladies,

I had posted earlier about my bad experience with vpost. I shopped online for the past 7 years.

I am too fed up with the vpost services. A friend recommended comgateway, so I immediately changed to it. The shipping is faster and shorter delivery time. I did a trial to order 2 similar items from US, one I sent to vpost and the other to comgateway. The shipping rate for comgateway is cheaper than vpost and I received the item 1 week earlier than vpost. I missed the first delivery from comgateway, I called to reschedule and they redelivered on the following day promptly. The downside is comgateway only dealt with US, so if you shop at japan/china/europe, then may have to use vpost again, or source for other reliable merchants.

I hope this helps.

I have on 2 out of the many frustrating ocassions got my items lost due to their incompetence.

First item: postman went wrong unit and the maid there blindly receive and sign the receipt. So naturally to them, it was updated as delivered under tracking status when i actually did not receive at all. I have to fight with the CS many times that i did not receive and they insist all the times that postman delivered my item to my maid, implying i was the one lying and trying to be funny. I challenged the postman to go back to the unit, take a picture of the maid and unit number and tell me again is that my address??? After lengthy investigation, they finally admit postman went wrong house and will retrieve the item but not immediately, will be at next day. Hello? Their fault yet no urgency? So my item lies in hands of unauthorised people for 1 more day, what if they tamper the item?

Another item: postman could not deliver as i wasnt home but he did not leave me a delivery advice cos he drop the DA at another postbox. Then my 'neighbour' who is also one cheapo kind went to post office to collect my item and the PO released it without checking my neighbour's NRIC carefully. So my item got into hands of my neighbour whom i dont even have details as singpost did not copy the NRIC address or tel number. Till this day i cannot retrieve the item and the CS have not apologised. Only the PO manager admitted should have checked collector's NRIC more carefully and compensated me some money to zip me up.

Atrocious right? So what do we do in situations like these where they deliver wrongly and yet insisted delivered correctly??

Also its pointless getting thru the CS at their hotlines. They always give standard replies even when we ask to speak to managers. So if anyone has any of their CS managers contacts pls share here. We should bypass the CS and get to these managers directly and let these managers know they cant hide from us so they better make sure their CS work better else they will have to solve our problems personally. The few CS managers i used to deal with all left (shows how hard their lives were due to the company's incompetency right?) and during those times, due to so many screw ups they have been compensating me with vouchers and i always demand apology letters which i have filed and its very thick now. Sigh

Back