Support Group - Singpost doing away with re-delivery services for registered bulky items

agelocme

hi mummies who are using singpost and buying bulky items from overseas (EMS), i need your support here.

now singpost is doing a pilot services at my area (BB and CCK) and they are doing away with re-delivery of bulky items and is expecting us to go collect the items ourselves within 5 working days that is mon-fri. which means we have to take leave and go down to the destinated post office to collect.

last time they use to provide re-deliver services, at least during weekends im at home they can deliver. or at least allow re-delivery so that i can arrange for someone at home to receive the parcel.

i hope they will do away with these pilot thing as its causing inconvenience.

i need your help to support..
thank you..
happy.gif

I was also affected

When I call the hotline, they told me $10 to redeliver my items for me, when I go down to post office, they tell me it's based on per kg

Why information is different???

The whole place is in a mess now with boxes around and the poor staff has no place to walk about

Why create do much problems for us and their staff?

I think they seriously need to look into this matters. I used their vpost services. Lately for the past few months, whenever I missed the postman, I called singpost to collect the parcel myself as they dun do re-delivery anymore. On one occassion, I made 2 arrangements & yet I came home empty handed. Apparently, the customer service officer did not make the arrangement TWICE. I wasted a lot of time on this. Another time, I waited at the post office for half an hour, as they simply cannot find my parcel.

The last 2 visits there, there are customers screaming at the staffs for inefficiency. I think a lot of people are affected.

ya but there is no way we can voice out.. so i try to start this thread.. but i dunno how many people will see or even voice out..
sad.gif

since its a pilot run, i really hope htey will do away with it.. u know when i go singpost now, the parcels are everywhere.. they hardly have any place to walk..

Do you mean VPOST and EMS service do not do re-delivery now? Where did you gals find out this? Website is not updated.

I've a parcel pending for delivery and I dunno when they are going to deliver it.

I only received email from VPOST mentioning about to deliver packet to letter box. Then why are we paying so much?

ya thats why we need to voice out our concern.. i call their customer service a few times liao.. one say they charge for re-deliver ($10) the other one say NONO to redelivery.. faintz.. really dunno what they are doing..

princessleopard: i think vpost/singpost/speedpost all the same --> all dun do re-delivery already.. and we actually paid for the service leh...so unfair..

hi Jen, yes this includes EMS services.. i found out because i received the undeliver advice and when i call to ask for re-delivery, they say they no longer provide the service have to self collect at nearest post office. and also must be within MOn-Fri, working hours.. faintz.. force me to take leave to retrieve my parcel.. REAL MAD about them!!!!

Shocking news to me! My parcel reached on 11 Jun. They didn't deliver today, and I suspect they might tomorrow. And I already signed up workshop and won't be at home.

Most probably they will leave a note to ask u self collect if u stay in the west. They told me west area pilot run, not sure it's it's true

This is their reply :

We apologise for the inconvenience caused by the new changes on delivery process.

It was very thoughtful of you to write about your feedback and how it affected the customer in general. Your feedback is a direct to the point, very clear and you also provided great suggestion like changing the timing of delivery or delivering the item when customer are at home from work. We appreciate your frank assessment on this matter.

We wish to ask you if its okay and will not cause you further inconvenience to please send your feedback to http://www.singpost.com/contact-us.html?view=booking&flag=feedback. In that way your feedback will directly goes to the relevant department who gather, analyse and evaluate the matter and presents it to the higher authority of Singpost.

Thank you for writing, we hope,in the future, you continue to let us have your opinions- favorable or unfavorable.

>> halow!!! I followed and use the email address on the notification slip that says any feedback on the pilot run to send to [email protected] and now direct me to fill in an online form to feedback

>> can't they just redirect internally to the correct dept??

today I just missed my parcel...as usual. But strange thing is instead of the usual far away post office that I have to go to, now they allow me to collect at the post office near my place. I had requested so many times but they all rejected me. Dunno why this time round they allow.

But I think they are making some changes now. If ur parcel is less than 2kg and certain dimension. They will drop it in the letterbox and sms me to inform.

East area Bedok also affected!

I have to personally get a push cart to collect my about 12KG heavy parcel all the way from post office back under the hot sun.

So bad service. Never even call me before delivery. So every parcel I have to personally walk all the way to post office and carry back?
sad.gif
Couldn't be home 24 hours right?

Yes cherry, you hv to Continue with that
They are collating feedback now, pls get the forms from them and voice out so we hope to abolish it
They told us only west side pilot run, now east side also affected. Die Liao......
I even hv to spend money to get my courier man to collect for me

xandermum, I don't think the courier man can collect on behalf, unless give IC number? Why still need to pay a courier to collect? Shouldn't the service included home delivery? If need to pay another courier to collect, I might just don't do anymore online purchase.

I only write feedback form to speedpost. Not to papers yet.
sad.gif

speedpost feedbacks dun work. I tried that before. But they tried to cover their staffs' backside. I proof them otherwise and they just shut your mouth with 30% discount off shipping the next time.
sad.gif

Joanne,

Then have to go down with trolley and carry the items back. Very tiring. Still have to follow their 5 working days to drop by collect. Heavy items also got difficulty getting on bus.

xandermum,

Which courier service you using? How much to pay? Very heavy items, charge more for courier to collect on behalf?

Seems that forcing ppl to stop spreeing.

It's so crazy to go post office to collect a heavy parcel! Imagine I have to carry back 10kg+ parcel and my area has no post office!!

Worse is we can never predict which date/time they will deliver when the parcel reaches their processing centre. It can be days for them to deliver! They don't deliver the next day lor. I ever took leave and rushed home and the stupid delivery never comes. Wasted my leave!

Singpost are messed up
sad.gif

I had a delivery unsuccessful on last fri but in fact my sis was at home. parcel was redelivered to the nearest post office on Sat, why cant they re-deliver to my house instead to the nearest post office?

They will charge $10 for re-delivery between 1-3 working days, I called the customer service and make noise to them and they waive it off for the 1st time and the last time out of goodwill.. hey, what's this man, there are ppl at home and the contact number was printed on. Why can't they call and inform us on the deliver instead...

If unsuccessful delivery, it will be sent to the nearest post office. its either request for re-delivery with a chargeof $10.00 or self-collect at the post office within 5 working days, after which it will be send back to paya lebar.
if no collection within 14 days, it will be return to sender.. OMG

sad.gif
What can we do? $10 for redelivery? Why need to pay again since already pay for shipping fees, plus whose fault is it that no call made before drop by for delivery? Some of the private courier services also call few hours before, or days before to book an appointment.

For me, I won't pay extra to encourage bad services.

and now they wont leave any unsuccessful delivery note. i did ask them why we have to pay for the $10 charge when there's no call to arrange for delivery in the first place? standard reply.. 'they read from script'
how do we know its unsuccessful delivery?
we have to check from the website ourself... 'speechless'

oppsgal, then we have to self-collect if we do not want to pay for the extra
sad.gif

Wang, then I would just avoid using their service for bulky heavy items.

Even website got delay if parcels not back to nearest post office. Cannot even track.
sad.gif

They do leave notes advice when nobody attend to the delivery, which says to collect within 5 working days from nearest Post office.

oppsgal, now they wont leave any notes le [CS and post office staff confirm this].. so we have to base on our luck to check at the website [confirm not up to date de] or call them which their CS are horrible

Wang,

Another new problem?
sad.gif
Now notes also don't leave? The few weeks ago, got notes for unsuccessful delivery for me.

Hardly understand the CS when I speak on phone.

I am not sure if its one-off thing or are they trying to make money. Once, I am home & the door bell rang. I put down my stuffs and came out from the bedroom, open the door to see the delivery notice. This whole process is definitely within a matter of seconds, how can the postman leave so fast?? They gave me a impression that they assume daytime there is no one at home, ring the bell once and go. This is ridiculous. I cant possibly stand by at the door, and when the bell rings, I open the VERY second.

ya i also complain. think they are tyring hard to make money from all sorts of ways..
selling sweets over the counters, going to expired biscuits, etc.. sigh.. they are no long a post office liao...
so how? going to start online petition to ask them do away with this stupid pilot run???

wang: serious eh!!! dun even give notice?? faintz leh..

ya princess: this is what i argue with them also.. howi know they coming? expect everyone to be jobless and waiting for the parcel at home?

recently i went to post office make noice again..the girl at post office is so chiam.. they are just service people and yet they expect these girls to carry the heavy parcels.. she show me her hands and say please, ask me to go complain.. so poor dry up and nails chip because now they have to carry these heavy parcels to the customers.. they are there just to help us do reg post etc and not to carry heavy things..

if so, they really need some strong guys standing there just to help out instead of troubling these poor ladies to carry.. aiyo..

really brainless!!!

Joanne
Make noise to the post office staffs seems not helpful. They only help to look for parcel in the storeroom.

Princessleopard
Ya, some post men are very impatient. They knock and expect the door to open right away.

This is terrible to read! Are these changes officially stated on Singpost website or something? I've definitely missed delivery this way before. Heard a light knock (was doing household chore), ran to the door and delivery notice was already left at the door. Less than half a minute!!!! How can they do this?!

I had first hand experience with this $10 redelivery thing. I missed 15 parcels (more than half are heavy boxes) and I called up vpost because I can't arrange for redelivery via the speedpost webstite after 1 working day but was informed that they just implemented this new rule the day before and I need to pay $150 in order to get my 15 boxes redelivered and not even allowed to choose my time!

I had hours of conversation with their call centre staff and even supervisor and they finally agreed to waive the $150 to redeliver once out of goodwill to me but I cannot choose date nor time so I had to have someone sitting by the day everyday to wait and see when their postman will turned up. This is simply ridiculous.

In the end I had to get 2 friends help to go to the post office with me to get the 15 boxes home because 1 normal car apparently can't fit all 15 boxes and it is crazy for me to ask someone in my family to not go out for 24 hours a day and don't even know how many days they had to be "imprisoned" at home to wait for the singpost man to turn up.

Singpost is serious digging their own grave with such bad service. I had switched out of vpost now for all my sprees and using DHL instead who can deliver faster and I can ask them to come at night when I am home after work.

Now, even those small parcels that cant fit into the letter box, they will leave a note, and we have to go to singpost to collect (if nobody is at home)
sad.gif

By the way, i've a missed delivery note (Speedpost) yest ard 3pm+ , and i tried to go to the post office to collect this morning (sat) ard 10am+, the parcel was there, and i managed to collect it, instead of what was indicated in the delivery note - to collect the next working day (Mon-Fri) after 2pm.

Btw the $10 delivery fees are for small and light items, my parcel are always more than 10kg, and they will based on weight to help u re-deliver, so it might go up to $20-$30 lor, crazy right?..

Agreed that Singpost should review their policy and my experiences were even worse. I stayed in Bedok and the nearestPost Office would be Bedok Post Office. However, Speedpost asked me to collect from Paya Lebar Singapore Post Centre!!!! Ridiculuous.

The customer service asked me to pay $10 redelivery fee to have the parel redelivered to Bedok Post Office. I actualy scolded Speedpost and after a long exchange of correspondences, they finally redelivered to Bedok Post Office without the redelivery fee.

Back