Support Group - Mid Term Termination Of Pregnancy

Hi Suet,

I also went through induced delivery. Doctor inserted one tablet and after 3hours+ I gave birth to my little boy. The labour pain was so intense that I keep crying and screaming in the ward. Lucky that nurses at KKH are caring and understandable... and help to calm me down... my husband helplessly stand by my side, I can see sadness in his eyes...he was trying hard to pretend to be strong and went through everything with me...

Initially I thought D&C is just a simple procedure, never thought is so complicated that I have to go OT room and anaesthetic etc etc...

Anyway everything is over now...

Don't blame your husband for being indifferent...he feel sad as you did, just that guy always tend to hide their sadness and pretend to be strong, so that he can support you and help you get over the sadness...

Hi Tarynn,

We are in similar position. Had MC and MTPT within such a short period.
I'm sorry to know about the bad experience you had in TMC. My experience there during MTPT was good. Think I was lucky as there are good nurses around on that day. It must be hard for you as your husband was not with you and you have to face everything by yourself.

I'm still doing confinement. My gynae has extended my hospitalisation leave as I told her I need more time to recover. There are 2 pregnant ladies in my department and I don't think I want to see them now. The wound inside my heart is still big and deep. I need more time.

Tarynn, please build up your health before you try for another baby. I'm going to wait for at least 6 mths before I try again. I can't stop blaming myself for not having a good health which leads to all these. I read you posting on another thread asking for good TCM physician. So have you found one? If yes, please recommend as I also wish to try TCM to "tiao" my body. I went to see 2 TCM physician and both of them not very good.

Hi blurfairy,

Thanks for your posting. I am coping quite well although I still cry when I think of my baby. Now, my goal is to build up my health and try again. I don't want to give up. I also hope that all of us here will not give up and we will have a healthy baby soon.

hi, my first post here. i too lost my baby boy when i am in my 20th week of pregnancy.

I found out that i was pregnant with no.3 in sep 07 and was caught rather unprepared. had the most terrible morning sickness as compared to the previous 2 as i was losing weight every week for the next 7 weeks. during that time, i keep harbouring thoughts of terminating this pregnancy as it was really tough having to cope with 2 young kids (5y and 3.5y). have some complication too as I keep having slight spotting but finally managed to pull thru week 16. but one night at my 20th wk, my water bag burst and water gushed out and was flowing down my thighs.went to KKH and was admitted for a week. doc advised that the baby has high risk of being born premature and might have some developmental complication due to the low level of amiotic fluid (water level around 1.9 when the normal should be around 8)I thus made a very painful decision to terminate my pregnancy and went thru induced labour. two months has passed since and I am still feeling sad and guilty as I did not even give my baby a chance to live and even have thoughts of terminating him in his ealier months. but on the other hand, i have been thinking of wanting to try again to "make up for the loss" but was rather afraid that same thing might happen again.

Hi Beverly..sorry for the super late reply in this post...cos busy working to keep my mind occupied. Hubby and I are trying again even though i had my D&C in feb this yr. Till now, i have done seen any TCM. Are u seeing one now?
Sherlin...hugs...let us support one another!We look forward to carry out precious babies soon!

hi ladies,

i had twins but lost them within a mth.

one of the twins was diagnosed with excessive water in the brain hence the brain was not developing. i had to make a painful decision to terminate her life at around 20 wks. At around 24 wks, infection caused me to lose the other one. I was in the hospital for a week trying to save the baby as i was having contractions. I went through the actual labor pain, water bag burst and i delivered the baby. i can see her lying lifeless on the table when i delivered her.

its been almost a mth since this happened...everytime i see a new baby or preg mums...i will be so upset...

Hi Tarynn,

I didn't continue with TCM as I can't find a good physician. Now try to cook and eat at home rather than eating outside so at least I know what I'm eating.

I went back to work early this week and lots of problem awaiting me. Headache! The stress come back liao.

Since you are TTC now, pls cut down on coffee, tea and all other stuff which is harmful to baby.

Wishing you good luck and hope to hear good news from you soon.

Take good care, ok?

Sherlin,

Don't be to harsh to yourself. Nobody knows this will happen. I heard stories abt some women doing lots of dangerous things so that they can have miscarriage as they don't want their baby but yet, they are able to carry the baby till full term.

For me, I took every precautions to protect my baby but end up the baby got problem.

There are things that we really can't control in life. Be strong and move on. Try again when you are ready.

Cheers!

helpme,

I'm sorry to know what you went through. Can understand your feeling when you see baby and preg women. There are 2 preg women in my dept where their EDD very close to mine (if my baby is still with me). I dare not look at their tummy oso.

Don't think too much. Be strong and take care!

Hi mummies,

Can anyone advise me the whole procedure for terminating the pregn.Induce then when bb come out then have to go throu the D&C ?

What happens to the bb after he is delivered? Do we cremated him ourself?

thanks

little doggy,
the decision is yours.. the nurse will ask you whether you want to "collect" the baby... for me, i left to the hospital to cremate my baby cos I am not strong enough to go thru the process but I have bought clothings and toy to be put in his "box". sad.. miss him so much and i have been thinking of him as next week will be my due date if my baby is still with me
sad.gif

Hello..

I was searching for thread like this when i come across this. I need to know how to get over this...

i just delivered my baby boy last wed morning. He's 28-30wks... just 10 weeks away from birth and yet..his heartbeat stopped suddenly... i developedd fever the day before, i can still feel him moved. but i went to the doctor the next day when i could not feel him in the morning, it was too late...there's no pain, no bleeding.. no sign.. he just left...

its was a great blow to me. cos my bf do not want to commit.. he dun wan to get married..with baby he told me to abort several times.. but in the end he finally accept the child.. but when he accept.. its gone...my whole world collapse.. i dunno wat to do cos i know i will lose everything.. i am feeling so attached to my baby physically and spiritually... i just wanna follow my baby and die.. but my bf told me we try for another and we will get married and get a hse end of the yr.. i felt like a life buoy being thrown to meat that moment. but i still feel insecure... i still have my doubts.. i am really scared...

I gave birth to him naturally.. took a lot of pics..We claim our baby back to give him a proper burial and a resting place.. i keep thinking of the moment i held him.. his face and all.. i cry in the middle of the night when everyone slept...my heart feels so painful and all.... i saw 5 plus yrs old kids also sad.. cos i dreamt of his face at 5+ or 6... so clear.. and i remember it v clearly... sometimes i really wanna shout out.. why God wanna take him away..

my cousin in law also experienced her baby's heartbeat stopped.. but her doc does not give up and managed to save the baby inside her.. why when my doc saw there's no heart beat, she just told me to induce straight away?

i am now on 1 mth mc.. doing confinement.. i dunno how to go back to work after this... i need to do confinement for 1 mth.. u think doc can give me mc for 2 wks more?

hi cherise,
I m so sorry to hear that.
I have lost my baby at 22 wks last nov too. I know the pain that you are going through now.

did ur gynae tell u the reason of this?

Mine was due to virus infection.

Do do a proper confinement now and take care of you health. Do take time to grief over it so that you will be able to move on. Cry when u feel sad. I think that is a better way by crying, we are letting out.

U can take request another 2 wks mc from you gynae.

Hi Piggym,

doc said highly reason is umbilical cords twisted together..

we nv did post mortem cos we claimed the baby back for cremation...

i dunno.. i cant seem to cry now.. is this normal?

Hi! Cherise,

It has been 2 yrs since my loss. Time do help in getting our "wounds" heal better. I still grieve over the loss but just feel sad and pity in my heart with no more tears now.

I also never did post mortem as I think that it is cruel to cut up my baby. even if I did post mortem, nothing could bring her back. There is no reason or rather never was any reason.

Doc only said she has cystic hygroma, why she have that, nobody knows.

Take great care of yourself!

Etsbaby

Thanks... i nv did any post motem too. cos i dunwanna cut him up too... doc did some investigations on my placenta. she say there's blood clots. so might be due too thick blood and the blood clot, baby unable to get fresh blood. is this all my fault??

does anyone know? i've been having regular spotting/discharge since my delivery on 18th feb.. heavy bleeding for 1t few days, then become light after that. last week, the light bleeding become just 1-2 apots each day. however, i start to bleed again on tuesday. 28 days after my labour. this time is like normal menses. is this normal menses? it should not come so early right??

Hi! Cherise,

I guess it is normal cos mine was like that, the menses after induced labour become irregular. At that time, mine was also haywire, only stablised after 3-4 mths.

Maybe you might wanna try TCM to help build back your body.

Hi! Cherise,

I was seeing this TCM at Marine Parade for a while only stopped seeing him until I pass my 20 week scan when I became pregnant again. He gave me some herbs to brew and it does help to build up my body to be stronger. I was so much stronger in health throughout this pregnancy although was mentally stressed up cos of past history. My baby now 10 mths old is chubby and healthy.

Even if you are not trying for a baby at the moment, you can still see him to "tiao" your body back to health.

TCM address is Ban Choon Chan Blk 81 Marine Parade Central #01-636 Tel: 63446718

I lost my baby boy at week 20 last friday.. He has multiple abnormalities and hence will not live.. Gynae told me that his heartbeat will stop any moment.. Made the painful decision to induce him as i can see he is suffering inside (Oxygen cannot be delivered to him properly as there's problem with the cord).. Went thru 15 hours labour and baby refused to come out.. Waterbag burst but cervix refused to open.. In the end i had to do D& E to remove the baby.. Cried till i have no more tears.. I miss my baby boy so much... =(

hi jermaine

pls be strong. dun cry too much cos its bad for the eyes. i just lost my baby boy at 30 wks.. due to twisted cords. went thro long hrs of labour too. you will need time to heal. pls do confinement and eat more tonics k...

dun think so muchh. you can still have another baby. is this your first baby?

Yup Cherise.. It's my first baby... I'm trying to move on.. Did confinement for a week and i just went back to work on friday..

try to drink more tonics ok? i did confinement for 1 full mth. cos my MIL told me its still a normal labour. then i rest for another two weeks. actually i got mc til 17th april but i am going back to work tomolo. i feel ao afraid but guess i ought to take that step.

i just pray i can get preggie soon...

Hi

Sorry I need to pour my heart out here too.

I lost my baby boy when I was reaching 6 months on eve of Valentine's Day, Friday 13th. His heartbeat stopped suddenly.I could not feel him. I went to my gynae. Gynae confirmed my baby had no more heartbeat. I was shocked and felt very miserable. I don't believe it. Why does this happen when i was so careful all along? I have been trying for 2 years and had a miscarriage before i conceived this one. I always thought misfortune won't strike twice. But, it strike me twice... I have been in Singaporemotherhood threads for a long time.. I went from 2ww to miscarriage then to June MTB then now to Mid term termination. I really feel very down.. I feel I am a loser in all aspects. Now, back to work, my bosses are not sympathetic and kept adding pressure to me. My colleague told me they are trying to get rid of me now that I am not pregnant anymore. The misery sometimes becomes very hard to bear that i will break down and cry very hard. I am not sure if I am suffering from depression now. I don't understand things that happen to me. Now that this thing happened, I really don't know how to carry on to try for my next one... My friends who are pregnant around same time as me- they have either given birth or still proceeding well with their pregnancy. Why can't i just be like them?

Hi Joyful
Sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my 1st bb at my 10 weeks in 2005 due to no heartbeat and just last Tues, I lost my baby boy @ 17 weeks. I thought miscarriage mostly happened during 1st trimester.
It's a terrible nightmare to lost the bb at 2nd trimester as I gave birth to the bb alive and saw him taking his last breath and got to go for another D&C after that. I really have no answer on all these.
I could totally understand how you feel.
Did your gynae do a test for you?

<u>Job</u>
If financial permit, have you ever think of changing your job? It's very stressful to stay in a unhappy environment and might effect your TTC in the future. Solve a problem at 1 time 1st.

<u>Health</u>
Did you do a good confinement for 1 month? It's very impt to tiao your body 1st.
Take tonics once a while and also a small cup of dom every night.
Once we have tiao our body well, we will feel more confidence to TTC 1st.

For me, I think I have a phobia on pregnancy now. It's very stressful.

<u>TTC</u>
If I planned to TTC in the future, my hb and I are thinking of going to TCM to tiao our body. If I got pregnant, this time I intended to be very pantang, strictly no disclose of pregnancy as long as it can (maybe 5months onwards), no attendence of wedding, funerals etc, no cold drinks/"liang food" etc. It's better to be safe than sorry.
I kept thinking was it due to the coffee/tea/cold drinks that cause all these or I attended wedding/funeral?? Kept "hu si ruan xiang"...I also regret to inform my mum and my in laws, both went to broadcast abt my pregnancy and now I m having a hard time trying to explain my loss.

I also intended to stay at home if I got pregnant in the future.

These are all the precaution that I can think of. It might be extreme but I really don't want to take any risk in the future.

Hi Ser

I am also sorry to hear about your loss. It is really very saddening cos we can feel our babies and then they are gone.

Gynae did a blood test and it is normal. How about you? As for my job, I am thinking of changing it le. My colleague also think i should change. I am preparing my resume. I have no wish to stay on now. A change of environment may be better for me.

I did confinement for 1 month and also drink dom every night. As for ttc, i really have no confidence le. I am not a positive person and sometimes not in my right mind. Already i was very uptight with the last pregnancy. If I am pregnant again, I will really have to worry throughout. I scared mentally i cannot take it.

But, I am getting old.... I really wish to give my hubby who loves and cares for me a child. He's been ver wonderful hubby to me. I kept saying sorry to him when that incident happened. He did not blame me. In fact, he is very supportive and loving towards me. Sometimes I break down...he also suffers. Now, I cannot communicate much with others even friends... cos i felt very lousy and like a failure.

Toking about pantang, I did not tell anyone until I past my first trimester. But, I not only attended a few weddingns, I also helped my cousin with her wedding during my first trimester. She is pregnant now.. But I lost my baby now..Did I do harm to my own child?

Hi Joyful
Whenever I think of my poor baby, I felt very heartpain. I know nothing can ever bring him back but I am also a believer of fate. If the bb is fated to be mine, he will eventually return to me again.
This keeps me going and I'm determined to tiao my body in order to have a smooth pregnancy next time.
I've never do any blood test and I think the gynae will have no answer to it too.
However I am thinking of approaching Dr Mary Rauff in NUH next time, read from the forum that she's expert in complicated pregnancy. Being with a more experienced gynae will greatly boost our confidence.

Don't put too much stress on yourself, it's time for you to change a new environment, go on a holiday with your hb, pick up a new hobby/exercise? I think yoga is actually quite good.
I m glad that you did a confinement.
Like to check with you ard when did the lochia end?
It's been a week and I am still bleeding. I wonder is it due to too much tonics and dom? I realise if I take too much dom, there will be pressing aching pain at the womb, did you experience that too? I hope my body will heal faster.
If you think you are not ready to TTC, don't force yourself. Perhaps u can set a time frame? Let's say next year? Do also go for TCM with your hb.
Do whatever you can to boost your confidence.

The pain of losing a bb is still very raw and painful. Don't force yourself to meetup with your friends or talk about it if you are not ready. We need time to heal the pain. Spend more loving time with your hb instead. This is also the time that we feel closer to our hb. I feel the same way too. Before that we used to argue at every trival matter. There's also a time that communication seems to break down between us but this ordeal really bring us closer.
I am glad that he's by my side during these times.
Don't be silly, it's not your fault. Don't bottom up your feelings, it's better to say everything out.
What's over is already over, don't brood over your cousin's wedding. If you feel better next time w/o attending, better don't attend it.
Last time when I was pregnant with my ger, I was very very pantang, I did not even let anybody know until I was past four months pregnant, no "liang food/drinks", did not attend any wedding and I gave birth to my ger smoothly.
Now for this pregnancy, I let my guard down, let everybody know my pregnancy, did all the pantang thing and this type of thing happened. To make myself feel better and more confidence the next round, i've decided to be pantang. Better be safe than sorry.

Hi Ser

The sad thing about me is I am already 33 and I don't have any kids yet. So, I don't know how to pick up myself now. I feel so useless. If I have another child, I will not keep dwelling into it. You are more fortunate than me. All along, I feel I am a failure in this area. It has proven right. Maybe God just wanted me to be alone with hubby till the end of my days.

My regret is I did not see my baby at all. I dare not see him cos I scared I could not take it. I regretted it very much now. What if he is my last baby le? I don't even get to see his face... Two nites ago, I dreamt of a baby boy sitting up, wearing a blue singlet, smiling at me. I told my hubby... He felt sad also.. but he told me it could be our baby is telling us he is fine now, asking mummy not be worried. If i think this way, I will feel better.

Hi Joyful &amp; Ser...
I lost my 1st bb gal at 27 weeks due to cord accident in 2005, but God give me a miracle bb gal and I delivered her last mth. I worried alot too cos scared it happen like my 1st one so been praying to God to protect this pregnancy
happy.gif

I do go to weddings &amp; bb full month, but this pregnancy I do keep low profile as only my pastors and church frens knws and keeping us in prayer and of cos colleagues cos I work till I gave birth.

I hope my story helps
happy.gif

Hi Joyful
Most of my pregnant colleagues are having healthy pregnancies are in their mid thirties. They are very healthy and happily bouncing around in the office. In fact most mummies nowadays give birth in their thirties. You are still young, my dear.
It's not your fault, nobody want this type of thing to happen. I miscarriage at age 24 in year 2005.
All my colleagues have smooth pregnancies in their mid to late thirties, age is not a factor.
The most impt is to have a healthy body before you try again.
Don't brood over it.
BB will understand too and also don't want mummy to be sad. I think he know about it and especially tell u in your dreams. I believe he will return to you eventually.
Before conceiving my ger after my 1st mc, I dreamt of an old lady at my bedside carrying a baby and there's only me and her. She kept pushing the baby to me, the dream was very real, she kept saying "this baby is for you, bring back to Singapore" and she disappeared. That time I was still staying in Taiwan. Shortly I conceived my ger and we immediately made plans to return to Singapore while my hb continued working in Taiwan.

Hi Val
Remember me? This is bestwishes(sane), used to be in the mc thread in 2005. You used to encourage me after my 1st mc and even teach me to take lavender tea after AF.
Glad to know that you have just delivered a bb ger!!

Hi SeR and Val

Thank you very much for your advice.

I am very glad to find friends who will understand how i feel in this forum. This is a very tough time for me. I have never been so miserable and felt so defeated in my life before. I know even if i don't have kids eventually, my hubby will still love me. But, I pray to God that He will give me another healthy child soon. Let me fulfil my duty as a wife to my hubby. And let the both of us feel the bliss and joy of having a child. Even if it will just be one for us, let it be. Just give us a healthy and happy child.

Hi Sane

You were checking how long the mense last after the incident? It took me about 2.5 weeks to totally clear my mense. And my mense returned to regular after that cycle. It could be the tonic that is washing out out the unwanted blood. It is better, according to my mum. She also made me take tcm herbs for 14 days. But, after this, we need to go tiao our bodies before we can start trying again.

Dear Joy

I could totally understand how you feel. I felt the same way too after my 1st mc in Taiwan, I was so alone and surrounded by friends who's preggy with the same due date as me and also by mummies with young babies as well.
Everyday they tok abt their babies and their pregnancy without considering how I feel.
It's worse as it's my 1st pregnancy and also my families and friends were not with me and it's complicated as well as I was rushing to hospital every now and now with painful jabs, all ended with nothing. Worse then, their medical sucks...
can you imagine walking into a operation room by yourself? with their nurses only concerned chatting between themselves?? and the KPO neighbours always asking sensitive qns...
It's a total nightmare for me..i m always crying night and day..but it's only this period that I learnt to brace up, this forum is my only solace.
I read the MC thread from the beginning till end, countless threads and from there I learnt about how to tiao my body and how impt confinement was.
I asked my mum to import the TCM herbs and tonics that I needed from Singapore, total 2 big cartons, took tonics and dom religiously and aalso picked up yoga as well, made my hb drink the tonics as well :p From there, I learnt how impt health is. It's very encouraging as well when I learnt that everyone of the ladies in the mc thread (since the beginning) all have a healthy baby despite the no. of mc they hv. They all my inspiration as well as I made great forum friends like woof and val who gave me alot of encouragement and tips. Both of them have healthy babies gals.
As long as we try hard, we will achieve our goals to have healthy babies. Trust me, I have been through rough patches too
happy.gif

It's very hard now to face something like this, very bad morning sickness in the 1st trimester, rush in and out of hospital, enduring all those painful jabs, disrupting my life and work as work as well and now all ended with nothing. Very sianz too...

For the menses, last time I have it for 1mth too.
Glad that u took the tcm herbs, hopefully my body can recover soon too. I actually felt that my womb is quite "heavy" and hard to control my bladder too. It's quite painful to move my bowels too. I wonder is there any wrong with my cervix. It's still a long way to recovery.

Joy

i really feel for you. i lost my baby at 7th mth.. a day after valentine's day.. my EDD is supposed to be 6th May... its really very heartbreaking. I am recovering from it too. the memories are still fresh in you mind... pls be strong for your next baby. i know its hard to forget. I am trying to cope too. If you read the prev thread by me, i wanted this baby all my life.. but he choose to leave me in the end. They say if baby leave u like this, it means you and ur hubby owe your baby. Now its payback. i dunno whether its true or not. watever it is, i hope that he will reborn to be my next.

every now and then i would go into depression.. esp seeing my colleague who's preggie right now.. u know.. she just told me she's preggie.. 2 days later my baby left me.. maybe my bb died on 13th as well.. i thot he's kicking me but maybe its not.. cos i dreamt of a stillbirth baby that day.. maybe its my baby saying goodbye to me..

sane

are u the one that posted in FP as well?

my mense came 28 days after my labour and last abt 9 days... then it should come on last sunday.. 12th april.. til now its still not here yet? i am dying to return to normal cycle.. but if still haven come.. wat can i do??

Hi val, glad u remember me! Yup, I got a ger after my 1st mc. Before that, got alot of encouragement from you
happy.gif

Hi serene, Yup I am sane in FP. It's better to chat here with more members.
I miss my son too daily day and night, but inside my heart, I know that he's really gone and I can do nothing about it. I am counting the weeks, if he is still here, he will be 18 weeks this week.
I could only put my hope in my next pregnancy and focus on a good recovery.

I think it's better to wait for your menses. If it doesn't come in another 1-2weeks, better see a tcm to tiao.

Ydae my frds visited me and bought me EYS ginger wine, she say it's good. Maybe I can try it
happy.gif

Hi Sane

Thank you for your encouragement. I would like to try for another one now. My second mense has come today. Everything seems to be back to normal. I was actually hoping i would be pregnant easily. But, not like that so far. I really scared I will take another 2 years to conceive. Tomorrow I am going to a chinese physician with my hubby to bu my body.

Hi Cherise

Is this baby your first as well? I tend to feel down easily. The joy is all taken away. I should be called sorrowful instead of Joyful. Will you be jealous of friends who are pregnant or enjoying their motherhood? I admit i am now. I cannot help myself feeling it's very unfair. Super unfair. Those who tried as long ago as me..have given birth. Really feel like I am a loser. I cannot get what I want.

Hi joyful

Glad that u r seeking a sinseh,mind to share the contact?I felt very down too missing my son everyday...especially seeing my friends who's having close due date as me.
If my son is still with me, my tummy will be as big as them too. I have the urge to TTC now too. Miss my son too much.
You are not alone, if you need anybody to talk to, feel free to talk to me
happy.gif

Hi SeR

I will pm you the address. Yeah I miss my son too. I still don't understand why he will leave me. Then I know I am always like that. I have to fail in doing something before I can taste the fruit of success. I did not expect this to apply to my pregnancy. It is too cruel le. For someone like me who tried so long and yet both times it did not work. All the people around me will tell me i am still young, i will conceive very soon,etc. But they don't know that I did not conceive naturally.

I am alone, SeR. Cos no one can truly understands the pain of losing my one and only baby whom I did not see at all. I made my hubby lose face. I am not able to give him a complete family. He was so happy when he announced to his friends.. Now, I don't know whether he will feel despised by his friends.. cos he married me, a failure

Dear Joyful n all the other wonderful women on this thread,

u are a good wife bcos u love ur husband, and it wasn't ur fault.

don't despair. so long as u &amp; ur husband r together, u will get thru this. must support each other ok?

meanwhile, take care of yourself. build up a strong n healthy body. think positive!

Hi joyful,cherise,happyger,

i'm fr the stillbirth forum.sad to say,i also had a stillbirth.it happened in july 2008.i must tell u,wat u are feeling now is exactly the same as wat i felt.SADNESS is an understatement.it's a piercing pain no one can understand.a lot of ppl say i'm young,i can try again,i wanted to punch them in the face.i juz lost my baby at 28 wks.on top of that,i was on top of the world coz i juz came back fr australia (i went there 2 wks b4 the stillbirth) &amp; bought a whole lot of things for my baby girl,all so cute.she was to be my 1st child,but not fated.it happened so suddenly.i was so bz at work,i didn't even realise her not moving until i met my mum in the evening &amp; my mum asked how the baby was.i then realised she didn't move the whole day.shook my tummy &amp; there was no movement,i knew that was it.i didn't know how i found the strength,but i drove myself to KKH &amp; there was indeed no heartbeat.i didn't cry,but i felt a wave of pain overcome me.hubby rushed to KKH,&amp; when i saw him,my tears flowed.thinking back,i can't imagine how calm i was.1st thing i asked the doc was,"so wat do i do fr here?".28 hrs later,i delivered a beautiful baby girl,who we have already chosen a name for.she would have been the perfect gal,a gal i've always wanted.she was to have been a lucky gal,daddy's girl.she already had a whole cupboard full of clothes,diapers,toys etc.all fr overseas some more.

i cried every night for the 1st mth,when i was doing my confinement.i found the stillbirth forum,which helped me keep my sanity.i had no support,everyone told me to be strong.some collegues told me they know i'm strong enough to make it thru' this.i couldn't rely on my hubby.i felt alone.i didn't want to show much sadness to my parents,coz i know,them seeing me like this also breaks their heart.so i kept it to myself.i have never cried so much in my life.everytime i read the forum,i cry,i sob.even reading ur posts now,i feel ur sadness,&amp; it brings back memories of my darling girl.

doc ran a whole test on me,nothing was found except a huge blood clot in 1 of the umbilical vein.she said,"for the next preg,the moment a heartbeat is detected,u'll be on asprin &amp; hope for the best." hearing that,i decided to change gynae.i don't want to hope for the best.i was ALL THAT CAN BE DONE to be done,&amp; if it still happens,i'll accept that as fate.cruel fate.gynae at KKH didn't order a thrombophilia test,considering she tot it was a blood clot that caused the mishap.so i went to see Prof Mary Rauff at NUH.she's very experienced.she was 1 of my choice of gynae,but in the end,i chose KKH coz it was closer to my workplace &amp; i felt if anything happened,i could rush there straightaway.prof rauff reckons the blood clot occurred after the birth,which made more sense to me,coz for a blood clot to totally occlude a vessel,it would have killed me 1st.

the pregnancy was smooth sailing till then.only a bit of threatened miscarriage in the 1st trimester,but it stabilised.not much morn sickness.

the worst thing? all hubby's friend's wives were preggy.the pain of having to attend 1st mth,b'day celebrations really hurt.i forced myself to go for 1,a few mths after the stillbirh coz hubby said if i didn't go,that meant i wasn't over the matter,&amp; he won't try again.hubby's attitude for trying again was horrendous during that 1st 6 mths.i tot i could lean on him for support,but no,i was on my own.didn't understand how he could not have felt the pain i was going thru'.trying to have no.2 was very hard.hubby would be very unco-operative.he will give me attitude whenever i asked to try.he would get angry for no reason,then say i make him angry,don't want to try.i felt really frustrated.in the end,i opted to go for artificial means.i juz had 2nd IUI done today.the reason for doing iui was coz of hubby's attitude.the ironic thing is,once i've started on all these treatment,his attitude changed for the better.not sure if it's coz he finally knows wat i'm going thru with all these treatment,or he also feels the strain of trying for so long,&amp; no news.well,if i tell him to try on the day,he doesn't want,then we have missed the chance,right?&amp; u only get 1 chance per mth.so it's precious.

then,my cuz had a baby on my b'day.uncle so happily rang me.i didn't want to pick up the phone coz i knew wat was coming.i was hurting inside,but i didn't want to be rude.he was so happy my cuz had a baby on my b'day.i didn't even want to celebrate my b'day,but i tot,let's celebrate anyway.life is already so sad,no use making it sadder by sulking on my b'day.in the end,i told hubby to ring uncle to tell him.

sigh,life is so hard.hubby's friend's wife preg with no.2.this is his best friend some more.u know wat he did? he passed hubby ovulation kit &amp; wants to pass me a pregnancy test kit coz he doesn't need it anymore.my friends,on the other hand,was so surprised i went to visit a friend who juz gave birth.she went thru' a lot too.had 2 miscarriages.i feel for her,so i'm indeed very happy she now has a baby.they were so caring.they asked me if i was okie when we visited her.my best friend even felt guilty coz going on &amp; on abt her baby when we visited.these were the ppl who encouraged me all the day.

a friend who had a stillbirth told me it was going to be the most difficult time of my life,but it gets easier.gals,it's true.it's 9 mths on,it is a bit easier already.i still can 'see' the image of my little girl.i still cry when i think of her.i still flip open the album to look at her pics.and i still sob silently.the pain will never be erased,but u have ppl like me who are here to support.only we can understand how we feel.

juz a note of interest.both gynaes at KKH &amp; NUH told me it's rare that stillbirth occurs twice.i don't believe them.i'm also in the medical field.&amp; if u read the stillbirth forum &amp; ask ppl who had stillbirth b4,the stillbirths all occurred at the same wks of pregnancy.esp if a reason cannot be pinned down for the stillbirth,i think it could be our bodies.i have even worked out a plan for myself.yes,paranoid.but anyone who has been thru' this will tell u the pain is too much to bear for a 2nd time.there is this monitoring machine that u can strap urself up to.i don't know if it's portable.i need to work,coz i've chalked up hefty bills trying to conceive.yah,but the 1st step is to conceive 1st.which i still haven't done.i think for preg no.2,i will start self monitoring at 24 or 25 wks.in the morn,i'll lug the machine ard,if it's possible,lug it to work.in the afternoon,go clinic to be strapped up,in the night,i think i want to stay in hospital.like that,i get discharged every night,so the hospital bills will not be so unaffordable.i cannot be waking up every now &amp; then to check the heartbeat coz i need to rest.alternatively,i may move back to my parent's place so we can set our alarm clocks &amp; take turns to wake up to monitor.another gynae at KKH told me he sported a drop in heartbeat of 1 of his patients who also previously had a stillbirth.it was the same wk during pregnancy.she was lucky,already 36 wks.so he delivered her.aiyoh,come to think of mine,don't know whether to be happy or sad.28 wks,can survive,but also dangerous.may also not make it.but to give the baby a chance or not? if delievered &amp; later not make it,it's going to be even more painful.

i hope all u gals who have gone thru' wat i've gone thru' will stay strong.i made it out of the tunnel.life is slowly returning to normal.i even applied for a post grad &amp; i got accepted.so that is some sort of distraction for me.strange as it might sound,i wished someone (my hubby preferrably) could tell me it's okie to feel sad &amp; lend me his shoulder to cry on.but no one said it's okie to feel sad.everyone will say,be strong.it really is okie to feel sad.it's okie to cry in front of the computer.it's 9 mths on,but i'm still crying.trust me,time will lessen all pain.i've heard it fr a friend who had been thru' this.9 mths on,i'm saying this to u gals.i never tot i'll make it out of the dark,i was even afraid i'll fall into depression.but i didn't.i'm a living example of wat doesn't kill u only makes u stronger.

i'm now concentrating on ttc.which is also a frustrating journey.soemtimes,i really believe wat will be urs,will be urs.hubby asked me y it's so difficult for us to conceive,i told him it's god's way of making u treasure the child.coz for the 1st child,i faced lots of negative comments fr in laws.sis in law said i should have a boy 1st to 'ease the pressure'.sis in law is not even old! only 2 yrs older than me! she bought booties for my baby,the next day,it happened.i think she's jinxed.she got married,2 days later,my MIL passed away.when she made that comment,it made me very protective of my baby.i think baby felt unwanted.asked hubby to rub baby,sing to baby,he always say he's tired.well,for the next baby,i'm sure he/she will be more precious to us.and i will protect the next baby fr SIL/negative comments as much as possible.don't even want to see her.don't even want in laws to know i'm pregnant.

Hi Monster

Thanks for sharing so much with us. I agreed with you, nobody can understand the pain of losing the baby - we seen it grown with us since 0.1 mm and felt them moving inside us.
Suddenly, it's gone just like that.
Sorry to say about this but I really have no wish to embark on others' happiness when I am already feeling so down on my own loss.
The stress of another pregnacy after a loss is too great, I've been through a miscarriage once in 2005, my bb heartbeat stopped in 10 weeks in 2005 and shortly after 2 months, I conceived my ger.
During the 1st tri, I've actually confined myself to bedrest..
Everyday since I know I am pregnant, I was so paranoid. Once a week, I will actually go to the hospital in the morning, Q for 2hrs just to check the bb heartbeat. That time I was still staying in overseas and I requested to return to Singapore immediately once I reach my 2nd tri while my hb continued his stay.
I felt so relieved when I've seen the heartbeat, I'v constantly been to the temple praying and mostly, I just stay indoor, sleep and eat eat eat non stop. Since the day I can feel the bb moving, I will monitor her movement daily. If I dont feel her moving, I will just tap tap and tap until i feel her movement. I've gained 30kgs during the pregnancy and everybody just thought I am lazy. I dont even dare to apply any stretch mark cream on my body for fear of harming the baby and my whole tummy (worse), arms, thighs and even butts were covered with stretch marks. Nobody and not even my hb can understand my fear of losing this baby.
Finally when I gave birth to her, I've never felt so relieve in my life. I was so stressful about this whole pregnancy that I swore off having no. 2.
Until I conceived my boy accidentally this year. Haiz..........there were alot of sufferings during the pregnancy but I know I will not give up. I really wanted to have a no.2 again.
Sorry to say about this, I feel your SIL is very insensitive. I do not understand the hype of having a bb son or gal as they are our own children. Perhaps you should tell her directly next time that boy or gal doesn't matter as long as they are healthy!
Like you, I will see prof rauff for my next pregnancy.
Hopefully we can hear good news of your TTC soon.

Hi SeR,

i'm not even preg,but i'm already feeling paranoid for the next pregnancy.a good gynae helps,but i think we all know deep down inside,if it happens suddenly,even the best gynae cannot save the baby.it's god's will.

u r lucky,u conceived so easily.care to share? i've been ttc since the stillbirth.it has been 9 mths,still no luck.i actually stay away fr hubby's friends coz i cannot bear to be ard babies.sometimes,if we accidentally bump into them,i have to force myself to interact.wat a chore.i want a big fam.3 if possible.if i can afford,i want 4.

so u pregnant with a boy this yr? when are u due? congrats.

the friend who also had a stillbirth told me i'll be paranoid for the next pregnancy,even borderline insane.&amp; that's normal.it's so consoling.ppl will think we r mad,but it's all worth it.how i wish i can keep the baby to myself.don't share with hubby.haha.afterall,i'm the one going thru' all these.he won't even stand up for me in front of his fam.then if have baby,he juz come &amp; 'claim credit'.maybe he will change with the next pregnancy.

talk abt my SIL? wait till u hear abt my FIL! FIL stays close to me.MIL already 6 feet under.i told hubby to bring some floor mats for maid to wash.FIL &amp; hubby wanted maid to come to my house to do housework.but this maid v rebellious.drip drip drip water everywhere.i don't like,will leave water marks on my marble.someone can slip &amp; fall too.i told her nicely,hubby jumps to her defence.can't stand it.in the end quarrelled with hubby so much.then he alwyas say he pays for the maid to do nothing at his dad's.so i told him to bring floor mats back for her to wash.at that time,i must be abt 5 mths preggy already.u know wat FIL said? told hubby don't bring his dirty things back to wash.i was fuming.hubby was fuming too.

then the stillbirth occurred.SIL said she is sad,cried when she saw my baby's photo.crocodile tears.i think she jinxed my baby.i swear,for the next baby,i will keep the baby away fr the fam.oh,forgot to add too.this takes the cake.FIL decided to take a hol on my EDD! SIL sent to HK to work,that,i can understand.then FIL decides to go HK for hol during my supposed EDD.1st grandchild,&amp; he doesn't even want to be here for the birth.my sis who lives in aus was planning to fly back for the birth.she was so excited.somehow,i feel my baby girl feels unwanted by hubby's fam,so better die lor.

hai,the story of my life,can be filmed into a drama.

Hi Monster

I agreed with you. Certain things are beyond our control.
We can just do our best to prepare for TTC and hope that everything run smoothly *keep our fingers crossed*

For ttc, I have no tips but tat time be4 planning my ger, I use www.mycycle.com to monitor my AF cycle and ovulation.
I can understand it's very hard to "qiang yan huan xiao" when not in the right mood.
These were the difficult days, already so moody and sad. Where got mood to still entertain ppl?
Jiayou! Hopefully you can get a set of twins or triplets at 1 go!

I lost my bb boy 3 weeks ago, pre labour. It's a very frightening experience when every toilet visit is a nightmare.
There's alot of bleeding while the bb is fine. In the end I lost him due to pre term labour at 17 weeks.

That's why I think only those who go through can understand. My hb can't understand why am I so paranoid too. However this is the time that we will have strong bonding with our hb, we need their "support" too..Do consider to go on a holiday with them to relax relax..
Meanwhile I am seeing TCM now to tiao the body, I will be giving myself 6mths-1yr time
to regain my health before trying. Need to build up my confidence too, my hb also wont understand
why am I so craze over TCM now? hahaha..
I will most probably taking TCM throughout for my next pregnancy.

Luckily you didn't stay with your in laws. It's harder to even stay under 1 roof. Nowadays
the maids are very smart! They will purposely do things on purpose so that they don't need
to keep doing in the future!
No matter what our own family will always be closest to us.Don't let the in laws effect your
r/s with your hb
happy.gif
and of coz, in the future your bb will feel very much wanted by mummy and daddy. In laws are secondary..
Don't feel that way..

Hi Joyful

After knowing he lost his heartbeat, we decided not to look at him after delivery as I know I won't be able to let him go. But the ward sister asked my husband to verify the gender after birth as he had to make police report for stillbirth at 34 weeks. I was lucky that the sonographer gave us a free 3D scan pic during the 22 weeks detail scan, so at least I have some sort of idea how he looked like. My husband said he was more beautiful than the pic as he has put on more weight compared to during the detail scan.

I think only those who have gone through this can understand our pain.

Hi SeR,

I'm so sorry to hear wat happened to ur little boy.My heart goes out to u.

is this the 2nd time it's happening to u?

for my 1st pregnancy,i had spotting too.scared the shit out of me.somehow,now thinking back,i wondered how come i can be so calm.i still carried on working &amp; only went to the hospital after work.again,i drove to the hospital.i guess 1st trimester loss is easier for me to understand.i told myself,if it's 1st trimester loss,it means the foetus has something wrong &amp; it's the body's way of getting rid of the deformed foetus.but i managed to make it thru'.i even went on my honeymoon! haha.but scared.i think ur paranoia is normal.i would have behaved the same way as u.

i'm thinking of taking TCM for pregnancy no.2.let TCM cope with wat western med cannot cope.

how are u coping now? it must be a very difficult time for u.

yah,i think u need to give ur body time to heal.u're very realistic.maybe it's coz u already have a girl.i was in a great hurry.i tried abt 1 mth after the stillbirth.very difficult emotionally &amp; physically coz of the stress i placed on myself.then beginning of the yr,i went on clomid,but stopped after 2 cycles coz no result.then took bai feng wan.i tell u,i'm not sure if these were the reasons,but i felt it screwed up my body.i had mid cycle bleeding for 3 mths.couldn't understand.gynae thinks it's ovulation bleeding.for the 1 of the cycles,i even had scans &amp; iui done.if it's ovulation bleeding,how can i bleed after ovulation? it should be during ovulation.i'm very glad &amp; relieved that for this mth,it stopped.don't know whether the mid cycle bleeding affected my chances of ttc.

Hi lucky3,

my heart goes out to u.sorry to hear abt ur loss.34 wks is so close,yet so far,isn't it? i know of a lady who had a stillbirth at 35 wks.i already feel the pity at 28 wks,coz i know at 28 wks,my baby girl can already survive.34 wks,good survival chance.but who knows this will happen,right? so suddenly,so unexpectedly.

i held my darling in my arms &amp; cuddled her,she was so pretty.looked so much like my hubby.hubby is tall,my girl has such long limbs.full of hair.my only regret is that i didn't hold her for longer.i was so 'high' with the gas.

i don't remember making a police report,u know? but the paper work was a mountain-full.i stayed in the maternity ward for the longest time.crying...crying for the girl i lost.iniitially,the nurse said we had to make a birth cert,then a death cert.that was the ultimate.i told my husband i couldn't do it.my hubby also said he couldn't do it.we decided to let my cousin,whom i'm v close to,do it.in the end,it was a mistake on the nurse's part.luckily.it will be so cruel to have to have a death cert.

lucky3,take care of urself.time will lessen ur pain,as it has to mine.but i will always remember my darling girl.the girl who brought me so much joy,but left us too prematurely

Back