Support Group - Endometriosis and Fibroids.

Ya my hubby quite understanding lah.. I just had my 2nd jab, gynae did warn that the side effects may be stronger this month. My hubby just nice away for 6 weeks overseas. T.T
Wanna check with you ar, did you have your period after your first jab? I had a super long period (8 days, normally before op my period nv more than 4 days). Gynae say is normal, hence warned me that I will likely feel the menopausal symptoms more this month.
I will be going for 3rd jab next month, will ask the gynae what should be the course of action.. Hopefully can ttc naturally first before thinking of ivf. Expensive ar.. T.T
I had my period or spotting for first jab. Then second jab onwards no menses at all. When I completed sixth jab, my menses did not come back straight away. Took a few months to come back! Ivf got subsidy if under kkh. No need pay a lot a lot.

Mpig, what is full ultrasound scan?

the full ultrasound consist of:
  • Transabdominal (through the abdomen). A transducer is placed on the abdomen using the conductive gel

• Transvaginal (through the vagina). A long, thin transducer is covered with the conducting gel and a plastic/latex sheath and is inserted into the vagina

Hi mpig, are the cysts and fibroids affecting your menses, like for example super huge pain, or are they affecting your fertility? If they are not, my suggestion is to seek alternative opinion to see if it's ok not to go for lap.

Sadly, its affecting fertility, thats why, I think I will just go ahead with it. Not young anymore. :(

Hello ladies...

I'm troubled.. I've previously had. Miscarriage before and after that I attempted ttc-ing. This is the 8th month of trying but still no good news... My hb and I decided to go for the fertility check... And with everything else seems normal, from ultrasound it appeared that doc suspected I have endometriosis. I do not have really painful menses, I can still carry on in life as per normal, slight discomfort, maybe and backache. From ultrasounds it appeared that I do not have cysts. Doc recommend lap.. What do you think I should do? I'm very trouble actually... Sigh... And I also don't know if the doc is ok or not... He's Steven Teo.

Any suggestions?

Hello ladies...

I'm troubled.. I've previously had. Miscarriage before and after that I attempted ttc-ing. This is the 8th month of trying but still no good news... My hb and I decided to go for the fertility check... And with everything else seems normal, from ultrasound it appeared that doc suspected I have endometriosis. I do not have really painful menses, I can still carry on in life as per normal, slight discomfort, maybe and backache. From ultrasounds it appeared that I do not have cysts. Doc recommend lap.. What do you think I should do? I'm very trouble actually... Sigh... And I also don't know if the doc is ok or not... He's Steven Teo.

Any suggestions?

The first time I went for my laparascopy, the ultrasound didn't show any cyst or anything at all. But I had painful period cramps. However, the laparascopy at that time already showed that I have severe endo. So unfortunately, endo may not be visible via ultrasound and it can affect fertility. You can try and seek second opinion before you decide on the laparascopy.

The first time I went for my laparascopy, the ultrasound didn't show any cyst or anything at all. But I had painful period cramps. However, the laparascopy at that time already showed that I have severe endo. So unfortunately, endo may not be visible via ultrasound and it can affect fertility. You can try and seek second opinion before you decide on the laparascopy.

Thank you.. But we didn't really want to keep waiting.. While ttc-ing. Every month is a long wait.. :'(

Thank you.. But we didn't really want to keep waiting.. While ttc-ing. Every month is a long wait.. :'(

Seeking a second opinion doesn't mean you are delaying. Different Drs have different risk appetites. Maybe another Dr may suggest you start on a fertility treatment instead of laparascopy. I did IVF last year with a cyst in my right ovary. Some Drs may choose to do a laparascopy first but mine decided it's better to do IVF>

Hello ladies...

Any suggestions?
Seek second opinion. Don't have cysts? Have fibroids or polyps? Why the need to do lap? To remove what?

Hi ladies, I'm not ttc-ing anymore, but just found out that I've got cyst and fibroids.

Need some recommendations for a gynae (hopefully at parkway east). Used to see Benjamin Tham, but TMC is a bit inconvenient.

Thanks in advance!

Hi ladies, I'm not ttc-ing anymore, but just found out that I've got cyst and fibroids.

Need some recommendations for a gynae (hopefully at parkway east). Used to see Benjamin Tham, but TMC is a bit inconvenient.

Thanks in advance!
Hi, may I check how do you confirmed that you have cysts and fibroids?

Hi, may I check how do you confirmed that you have cysts and fibroids?
Was admitted to hospital recently for tummy pains, and pelvis scans shows fibroids and cyst. Was then referred to Kkh, but appointment seems to take forever, and my gynae is no longer there.

To remove the clots... From ultrasound does not show cysts. But no guarantee if there are or not... I also don't know..
If no guarantee, then you do lap for what ah?? I think you seek second opinion and ask more questions before jumping into lap bah.

Hi all, whats a laparoscopy for cyst removal like? The procedure and time for recovery? I'm still undecided if i shld consider this.

Hi all, I am not sure if I am posting this at the correct place, if I am not, sorry.

I am planning for a baby soon and went for a medical check, pap smear and stuff. Then I found out I have an ovarian cyst. :( It almost drove me bonkers as I have no knowledge about this stuff.
So today, hubby went with me to the review, but he is not too please with this new gynae that I pick (for convenience seek, I changed to this new gynae).
The gynae can't seem to tell us what to do with it.
Its 3.5cm now, I read somewhere that the cyst will affect ability to get pregnant. Is that true?
Gynae keep telling us to wait till its 5cm or wait till I pregnant. But then he mentioned something like if I remove the cyst during pregnancy, there is chance of miscarriage. So.... what am i supposed to do?
Hey mpig.. mind sharing ur ca125 reading? Ive got a similar sized cyst and reading is abt 75.

Hi all, whats a laparoscopy for cyst removal like? The procedure and time for recovery? I'm still undecided if i shld consider this.
If it's a keyhole lap, it's not that painful, will get 2 weeks HL but actually after a few days should be feeling ok to work liao. But still need time for full recovery inside la.

Hi sunbelle, what does dang gui do for endo?
Hi babe, the dang gui and chicken wings supposedly will aggravate endo. But for dang gui I asked a few tcm, they mentioned if take in moderation it is ok and beneficial to health. But if you are worried then don't take. Cos now when TTC I do drink some 补汤 which has small traces of danggui in it.

Hey mpig.. mind sharing ur ca125 reading? Ive got a similar sized cyst and reading is abt 75.

Hi, when I was at a private clinic, found out that I have one cyst, I did the ca125, reading only 11.
Then at KKH, it was discovered that I have 2 cyst, fibroid and endometrial ployp.

Hi mpig.
I don't think fibroid is a key in affecting fertility. Of course it's never a good thing to have anything growing in us but It really depends on where the fibroid is, how big and whether it affects your lifestyle.
Some fibroids may be in the uterus, blocking the Fallopian tube, taking up a huge area of your uterus wall, or some may be growing in the muscle of the uterus. Size of fibroids also play a part. Some causes heavy periods or prolonged periods.
The best is to have it checked and monitored by the Gynae. Check if it's growing and at what rate or its "dormant".
In deciding whether to remove it, do seek a 2nd opinion and weigh the consequences.
Hope this clarifies your queries.

Hi mpig.
I don't think fibroid is a key in affecting fertility. Of course it's never a good thing to have anything growing in us but It really depends on where the fibroid is, how big and whether it affects your lifestyle.
Some fibroids may be in the uterus, blocking the Fallopian tube, taking up a huge area of your uterus wall, or some may be growing in the muscle of the uterus. Size of fibroids also play a part. Some causes heavy periods or prolonged periods.
The best is to have it checked and monitored by the Gynae. Check if it's growing and at what rate or its "dormant".
In deciding whether to remove it, do seek a 2nd opinion and weigh the consequences.
Hope this clarifies your queries.
Mpig I agree with the above.

Dear all,

Im new here. I have been TTC for 17 mths. Last Friday, I did a TA and TV scan at KKH and gotten back my scan result yesterday. There is a cyst at my left ovary measures 1.5 x 1.4 x 0.7 cm which is likely hemorrhagic or endometriotic cyst. And another one left adnexa adjacent to the left ovary, there is anechoic cystic measures 0.8 x 0.7 x 0.5cm which is likely a paraovarian cyst.

The Doc did not suggest any surgery and mention that since the cyst is small thus no need to get bother about it. When I asked if the cyst affect my TTC, she said no. My next schedule of ultrascan at KKH is 7.5mth later to see if the cyst grow. The gynae also referred us to infertility clinic. She prescribe Norethisterone to induce period but I plan to wait and see if my menses come this month since last month I only have brown discharge.

Anyone know if the mentioned cyst is harmful? Anyone taken Norethisterone before? Should I seek for another gynae opinion? I have plan to visit Dr. Wu at AMK for tcm treatment as well to tiao my body.

Sorry for the lengthy post. I kind of feel lost right now ever since I know I have cyst. My pap smear results last year was normal though.

Last edited:
Dear all,

Im new here. I have been TTC for 17 mths. Last Friday, I did a TA and TV scan at KKH and gotten back my scan result yesterday. There is a cyst at my left ovary measures 1.5 x 1.4 x 0.7 cm which is likely hemorrhagic or endometriotic cyst. And another one left adnexa adjacent to the left ovary, there is anechoic cystic measures 0.8 x 0.7 x 0.5cm which is likely a paraovarian cyst.

The Doc did not suggest any surgery and mention that since the cyst is small thus no need to get bother about it. When I asked if the cyst affect my TTC, she said no. My next schedule of ultrascan at KKH is 7.5mth later to see if the cyst grow. The gynae also referred us to infertility clinic. She prescribe Norethisterone to induce period but I plan to wait and see if my menses come this month since last month I only have brown discharge.

Anyone know if the mentioned cyst is harmful? Anyone taken Norethisterone before? Should I seek for another gynae opinion? I have plan to visit Dr. Wu at AMK for tcm treatment as well to tiao my body.

Sorry for the lengthy post. I kind of feel lost right now ever since I know I have cyst. My pap smear results last year was normal though.
Hey 3littlepeas, as your gynae said, I think 1cm endo cyst is v small too. I'm seeing a Tcm and she says 3cm and below can be shrunk by chinese meds. Dont know what an anechoic cyst is tho.. but they all sound quite small :) so i guess dont be too worried!

Hello everyone!
Thanks for sharing with me on the fibroids.

I have successfully went thru the surgery and now back home to recuperate. Given 22 days of hospitalization leave.

Hello everyone!
Thanks for sharing with me on the fibroids.

I have successfully went thru the surgery and now back home to recuperate. Given 22 days of hospitalization leave.
Jiayou!! Try to drink more soups to recuperate ok! Ask hubby to go hock Hua buy those packet soups, just throw all ingredients into pot and water cook!

Hmm just wanted to say hi, just discovered this thread. I have endometriosis and also ovarian cysts. At one point the cysts were as large as a ping pong ball. I did the keyhole surgery to remove them, and try to remove some of the endo too, but as it was too near my intestines, the doctor said that's the most they could do, they will never be able to remove all the endo for fear of rupturing my intestines, and they said all they can do was prescribe me with a lifetime of Panadol for the pain and discharged me. I felt lost when I heard that. It sounded like "You have no hope so bye bye." Anyway I also suffered from miscarriage and also tried for a year to conceive (with help) but nothing worked. Also had yeast infections for years. Pain, pain and more pain was my life.

Anyway, just wanted to say I'm pregnant now, naturally. Didn't take any pills or anything. Unplanned and unassisted. Hmm I did change sperm-provider though, so maybe that had something to do with it. Also, very good sex might be a factor too, I read that somewhere. But just wanted to say, when I thought I would never ever get pregnant and even opened up to the possibility of adoption, this miracle happened. So stay strong and I hope it happens for you too.

Oh also, not sure if for those of you who have pain from your endometriosis, but I had really severe pain, I did a lot of research on my own after getting snubbed by the doctors as "having no cure or treatment" and discovered the benefits of balancing our progesterone/estrogen hormones which help to inhibit more endo growth and seriously reduce my pains and give me regular, normal periods and such. I was on DIM for a few years and I saw what a huge difference it could make. So just wanted to say, even if your doctor says there's "no hope" for you, don't give up, do your own research and find out what works for you. All the best ladies... <3

I conceived via IVF as my endo is stage 4, causing a frozen pelvis. There are still cysts within me and the doctor asked me to decide if I wanted to remove them then go for treatment or just go ahead with them around (less chances because the presence of cysts will make the environment less conducive for the eggs to attach to the lining). As some of the cysts are ard and within my ovaries, removing them also means tearing away some of my egg reserve and I'm sick of going in and out of operations (had 2 since 18) so I opted to just go ahead without removing them.

And conceived twins! Hence please don't be discouraged...conceiving is still possible.

Dear all,

Actually the cysts are rather small so should be fine. I did IVF with a cyst in my right ovary and I'm pregnant now. So don't worry ok.

Hi, I need some opinion... I removed my endo cysts in Jan, and have been trying for a baby in March.. no success so far.
I just found out that I didnt ovulate this month. The doc suggest either I do IVF (coz I'm already 38) or i can try taking ovulation pills to try for a couple of months.
I have never taken ovulation pills b4. Should i try the pills first? or should I just go ahead with IVF?

My mum bought me a box of Bai Feng Wan. Should i try that?

Hi, I need some opinion... I removed my endo cysts in Jan, and have been trying for a baby in March.. no success so far.
I just found out that I didnt ovulate this month. The doc suggest either I do IVF (coz I'm already 38) or i can try taking ovulation pills to try for a couple of months.
I have never taken ovulation pills b4. Should i try the pills first? or should I just go ahead with IVF?

Believe the ovulation pills = clomid? You can try clomid first. Anyway clomid normally can take a max of 3 mths or something and some ppl do conceive by taking clomid. If clomid doesn't work, then you can try IVF.

I tried clomid and IUI before I move on to IVF.

You can try clomid first. Only can take for 6 cycles. Bai Feng Wan better don't take. Cos you don't know if it will aggravate your endometriosis. It's supposed to be good if you do not have endo. But with endo, you don't know if it will be good.

Honestly, after my op of fibroid removal, I also had a month that not ovulating. Some Dr believe it's kind of post op related thing. I took the ovulating pill for one time during menses. I don't have problem in ovulating subsequently. Maybe u can try first.

My aunty shared with me this recipe for TTC, ingredients: dan gui/black dates/egg, brewed for few hours, eat once a week.

Is it suitable to drink this soup during our stimulation onwards?

My aunty shared with me this recipe for TTC, ingredients: dan gui/black dates/egg, brewed for few hours, eat once a week.

Is it suitable to drink this soup during our stimulation onwards?
Endometriosis sufferers are not encouraged to drink dang gui. Will aggravate the condition.

Isit okay to drink red dates longan plus black dates with wolf berry for Endometriosis sufferers ? It's for my General wellbeing and oncoming IVF this month.

Last edited:
Hi sistas

Do you use the ice pad to numb your tummy before injections. NUH nurse said to ease pain can use ice pad to numb first. Have you ladies tried this method before?

Hi sistas

Do you use the ice pad to numb your tummy before injections. NUH nurse said to ease pain can use ice pad to numb first. Have you ladies tried this method before?

Did not ..as usually Injection in the morning always take effort ( sleepy..ha)...

So just take a deep breathe n inject..

Hello ladies...

Any suggestions?

Hi there,
Came across your post. I had been trying for 16 months and got a chance to do a fertility check with Dr Steven Teo too. Thought we are in quite similar situation. The results shows suspected endo and was advised to do a lap. I don't have really bad cramps and lead normal life. I had a 2nd opinion with Dr Yap Lip Kee and he had me to jus try for another 6 months. But we still didn't have any news.

Now I'm in a dilemma if I shld proceed w a lap or continue trying.

Curious to know what's your decision and the result?

Hi all

I had my endo op done 7 yrs ago and no returns again. It is about 4.3 cm recent checkup in dec 2016.

Sept 2016 did the ca125 test and was normal. Doc wants me to do ca125 again March.

Think my doc abit ks type but I was quite worried. I read some article that endo suffers usually have anxiety disorder and I am sure I am one of them. :(

Any Chinese sinseh can help in reducing size of endo cysts or prevent worsening?

Hi all

I had my endo op done 7 yrs ago and no returns again. It is about 4.3 cm recent checkup in dec 2016.

Sept 2016 did the ca125 test and was normal. Doc wants me to do ca125 again March.

Think my doc abit ks type but I was quite worried. I read some article that endo suffers usually have anxiety disorder and I am sure I am one of them. :(

Any Chinese sinseh can help in reducing size of endo cysts or prevent worsening?

Hi aladin,

You may want to try Uncle Chan from Ban Choon Chan, in Marine Parade.

If you want his details, please private message (PM) me.

Back