Support Group - Endometriosis and Fibroids.

Hi Chew's Patient,

Welcome!
happy.gif

Frankly if u are not comfortable taking those jabs, try asking for an alternative else seek 2nd option to have assurance this is the best option. Am not too sure if u've seen other gynaes...

I think the idea of taking a jab everyday is not something easy to accept. Do some homework and discuss with hubby if this is the course of action u two are agreeable with.

All the best and take care!

Hi Lyn,

Thanks for all the info! My menses is very regular and mucus quite distinct, so am thinking of using this method when my gynae suggests that I go off the pill. Taking pills for a long time could have possible side effects like hightened risk of breast cancer etc...

Great to hear u have a memorable wedding. Once u are settled into your new home, think everything will be more settled and less stressful and hectic. U can start working on your thesis thereafter.

Same question as Daisylove, did upost your photos? I have many frens getting married this year, including myself. I just did a rough count today and there are 7 couples getting married! It's surely a tough year on my pocket!
lol.gif

Which resort in Bintan did u go to? I was there 2 christmas ago. I went to Bintan Lagoon. The place was okie but my hotel room aircon was leaking
lame.gif
and caused me and hubby (then bf) alot of inconvenience. I heard people like Club Med and Angsana... I have not decided where to go for my honeymoon yet, any suggestions? I like a lazy honeymoon wea me and hubby can relax in a romantic place...
blush.gif

I tot of going to the Maldives eariler but after the Tsunami, everything's destroyed. It's such a pain seeing all the beautiful landscapes destroyed and people losing their loved ones...

Take care and keep us posted if u finally decide to take the jabs. I'll support any decision u make.

Hi Daisylove,

I sent u an email earlier this week and I've met Steven already. Am pleased with the photos but he asked for a $200 deposit..Not too sure if this is the SOP.

I am not pleased with the video thou... it was quite shaky and look like an amateur's work so most likely will enagage him for phototaking only on my AD. To me the video is more important as its the only 'LIVE' memory of my wedding day sake...

Went to library and borrowed some books on women's health, managing pain and found them quite informative. Will share on Endo if I find refreshing info...

My work is piling up like nobody's business and I feel that I am walking on quicksand.
sad.gif
I was so stressed tat i suffered chronic diarrhoea on Friday. I literally dashed to the toilet (even past school track and field meet din see me at such great speeds!
rofl.gif
After I recovered from the diarrhoea, I had gastric attack... A symptom of hectic workload as I usu skip meals when busy (even thou hubby, parents and doctors advise strictly against...). I suffered the exact same symptoms before and doctor said it's stress-related. I was advised to rest and try mediation and light exercises to relieve stress...
blush.gif
Guess the hunt for an ID, Photographer & Videographer simultaneously is causing me to super stressed out!!
crazy.gif

Hi Daisylove,
I wanna change my nickname to something happy. But I cannot change. I can only change my name. Yes, I am also Lyn.
Your trip to Hong Kong sounds quite hectic...
I think a lot of pregnancies happen unexpectedly... In my last pregnancy, I experienced tender breasts (which was usual) one week before my expected AF. Then my AF did not turn up after one week I had tender breasts, and I tested. As the pregnancy progresses, the breasts become more and more tender... But pple said every pregnancies are different.

Can endometriosis be detected from ultrasound?

Yes, Peter Chew was the one who gave the talk. GnRH agonists can alter the hormones in our body. It is also used in test tube baby.

When I was in Bintan, I felt a new lump in my abdomen. It was just before my menses. Then after my menses, I went to see a gynae at KKH as a subsidised patient. I went to KKH just in case I cannot afford private... And the gynae felt I have bigger right ovary
sad.gif
. She suspected it's ovarian cyst. She sent me for blood test for ovarian cancer. Sobs... I felt so sad after hearing that. On the positive side, now I do not feel the lump anymore. It's gone... I really hope it's gone...

I went to see my first gynae just before Christmas. I did not get good news too. My fibroids might come back if I get pregnant again. I am quite scared that I will experience miscarriage again if the fibroids do come back
sad.gif
. Doc said the chances of recurrence will be reduced if I take the jabs...

Nowadays, I keep myself busy so I wun think too much
happy.gif

I have uploaded some photos here: http://sg.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lnung2003/my_photos. When you all have seen it, tell me, I will remove the sharing again...

Hi Flower Power,
I went to Indra Maya Villa. I have been to Bintan Lagoon before, but I think Nirwana Gardens is much better than Bintan Lagoon. The common swimming pool in Nirwana Gardens is bigger and nicer with an infinity pool and a very good jacuzzi.

I am deciding whether to visit Yangon or Chiang Mai next month. I am also quite lazy to plan this time. Gotta do housework and my thesis.

When's your wedding?

Hi Lyn,

happen to see ur postings n knew u gt miscarriage due to fibroid
so come in to drop some encouragement words for u

be positive ok?
i am sure God will bless u baby soon

2 of my church friends currently pregnant
one is 4mths, one is 7th mths
both of them hv fibriods n baby is healthy in the womb
however, the lady who is 7th mth pregnant is going for cecearean as her fibroid has grown to 10cm, like a orange size
to delive n remove the fibroid at the same time
so their gynae assured teir babies will be born healthily soon
happy.gif

so u will be ok?

if u dun mind, i will pray ur ovary is free of problem
happy.gif

no cysts no pain
happy.gif

Hi Valerie,
Thank you
happy.gif
. My sis's friend also had fibroid during her pregnancy and she has a healthy baby. I used that as my encouragement when I was pregnant. My fibroids grew to 8cm in the first month of pregnancy. When it was removed, the biggest one was 12cm!
Thank you for your encouragement and prayers
happy.gif

To all ladies...

Happy Lunar New Year! May all of us enjoy good health and cheer in the year ahead!
wink.gif

Psst: Seems like its very 'in' to change names... I shall join Lyn and call myself huay huay instead...
biggrin.gif

haha.... I wanna change my username as well
248158.gif
cos I am no longer pregnant and no longer bride2b...

The day was not tiring... Some how it wasn't... The nite before I only had 3 hours of sleep and I could stay awake till 2am with only 15 minutes of relaxation in the jacuzzi at the hotel...

New Year, new clothes, so must have new names also mah...
248159.gif

Gong Xi Fa Chai...

Hello, hee hee, no time to reply all now but will do so in the next few days. Just wanna tell Lyn:

I have seen your wedding pictures. You look wonderfully beautiful on your big day and I love your outdoor shoot pictures esp the one you and your hubby standing on a bridge (Is it a bridge?), you were wearing red.

Hi Val
happy.gif

Hi Flower, will share with you this wonderful stove I saw soon!
happy.gif

Hi Huay Huay, ur nickname so cute and sweet
happy.gif

Lastly, Happy Chinese New Year & Enjoy Yourself!! Wish all our dreams and goals come true
happy.gif

Hello gals,

How's the new year celebration? And the enjoyment of new year goodies? This is the first year I have been enjoying the new year goodies after 4 years being overseas...

I have changed my username
happy.gif

Tell you what, I went to KKH as a subsidised patient. When I went there to see a gynae, I had a lump and she suspected ovarian cyst. Then she sent me for ovarian cancer profile. If there's something wrong with the results, they will call me, but I have not received their call... so good news for me
happy.gif
I went for an ultrasound last week also and no right ovarian cyst detected... But I have got a left ovarian cyst! scratch scratch... Hopefully nothing serious... else I gotta see my first gynae liao...

Hello everyone..

just joining to this forum... still very new...

I have fibroids too when I pregnant. Thanks god... my pregnancy was a successful one... My boy now 17months already... But my fibroids still there..

Frankly I am very stressed... cos of my Fibroid, heard my friend told me she spend $13K for the whole operation.. then the jab is $1k per jab...
Aiyo...how to afford.. furthermore cannot guarantee will not come back again..

Can those of u whom went thru the operation tell me how much u spend? is it so scary as after operation very painful.. worst like giving birth?

Oh no.. please help...
Thanks.

Hi worry mum,

Relax... dun get too stressed... no good for health.

Not all fibroids need to be removed. They are benign lumps. I spent about 9k cash after medisave and medishield on the operation in a 2 bedder. Anyway, 2 bedder or 4 bedder does not make a lot of diff cos only 4 days in hospital.
Your friend must have got the one jab that last for 3 months. My doc recommended the $380 per jab which gotta be administered monthly...

I do not have pleasant memories of the operation. It was my third time being cut and it's not the worst experience. I have not given birth before, so I cannot compare it with giving birth. My worst experience is operation for spinal injuries when I gotta be hospitalised for a week and then MC for two months.
K gotta go.. continue later when I get back...

By the way, my operation was done in Gleneagles.

Did your doctor advice you to remove the fibroid? Which method? Laparotomy or laparoscopy? How big is your fibroid?

I think for the operation, as long as they give you enough painkiller, it's not painful.
happy.gif
I cried in pain when they woke me up, then they gave me some painkiller. After that, I cried in pain many times till they decided to give me painkiller on the drip
252631.gif
. I have read that the sewing skills of the gynae is important for pain recovery.

By the way, the cost of 9k includes the doctor's fee and the anaesthetic fee. My doctor's fee is 4k+. He said he charged me government hospital price, so it might by more.

Hi, Lyn

Thanks for your advice..

Cannot leh... so worried lei.. my fibroid is around 10cm (on my last scan which i delivered) Till date, I still dare not visit my gynae...so scared of the operation.. wu...wow.. I thought one day surgery will do.. oh no.. 4 days..so u r doing Laparotomy?

CAN I CHECK WITH THE REST OF U... ANYONE REMOVE/DONE BY DR KEE W H?

regards.

Wa... your fibroids so big ah... I think most gynae will recommend surgery to you. On the scan my biggest fibroid was 8cm. Actual size was 12cm! I had alarming 12 fibroids! Mine was laparotomy. Initially I went to another gynae at Mt E. He recommended laparoscopy. My GP told me he's skilful in operation. But I did not go back to him cos everything happened so fast and everything done by my "second opinion" gynae. I gotta go for D&C to remove the baby plus laparotomy.

Laparotomy is a major operation. Maybe for my case will be different from yours cos I had 12 fibroids and I lost a lot of blood till I need blood transfusion. First 2 days will be sleeping and very pale. Then third day start to get up and walk, then 4th day can be discharged if can walk on your own.

I just remembered, the cost that I told you does not include medications. The day before the surgery, my hubby paid 700+ at the clinic.

Hi Worry_Mum,
me also the same situation as you...got a 10cm fibroid inside me..found out only when i was pregnant
sad.gif

Have not seen my gynae since then...cos he always ask me to remove it soon...not very willing cos he asked me to rest for abt 6-9 months before trying for my second one
sad.gif

Not very in line with what i wanted, cos i still bfg, and worried that due to the pain i may not be able to continue if i were to be hospitalised
sad.gif

Me also very scared of surgery...esp the cut!
sad.gif

Hi! Lyn
Thanks for inviting me to this forum..The reason I am asking its because my gynae told me that due to my medical conditions (Endo and Adeno) my chances of conception is low...Very depressed since he broke the news to me...Plan on getting married and starting a family this year... His news really shattered my dreams....

Hi aimee,
I think the sooner you get rid of the fibroid, the sooner you can get pregnant again... I suppose your fibroid grew so big during your last pregnancy rite? After my surgery, my doc said I can try to conceive after 3 months.

Hi beary,
Hugs...
253446.gif

Maybe you might wanna seek a second opinion? Did you go through laparoscopy?
I just did a search in Adeno. It seems like a lot of women have adeno. According to the article, 80% of adeno patients manage to conceive
happy.gif
So there's still hope.
I had 12 fibroids. Before the surgery, my gynae told me there's a high chance that I will have endo as well. True enough, I have endo at my fallopian tubes! I also felt very depressed after hearing that. I read about how to cope with it. Now I am trying to keep positive and not think too much about it. The comforting thing my gynae told me was "You still can get pregnant".
happy.gif
He did not tell me straight that I will have problems conceiving, but the way he told me that I gotta try now implied that I will have difficulties. However, I have to be positive about it... Well, I got pregnant once before...
I was depressed again when the doc told me there's a chance of recurrence, that is, the fibroids come back, and miscarriage if I do get pregnant again. The chances will be reduced if I take the injections...
I think gotta realize that it takes time to get pregnant Even if theres no medical problem, it does takes time to strike It's God's will, I think.
Be positive ok? Hope you will be a mum soon...
253447.gif

Hi! lyn
Thanks for the encouragement. I went through a myomectomy and cystectomy in Oct 04. Was diagnosed with bilateral ovarian cysts and fibroid in Aug 04. Medications does not help and so have to go through surgery as I am in pain daily. The operation lasted for more than 3 hours and was warded in the hospital for 8 days..Its only after the operation that the doc told me that I have severe endo and adeno and he had to rope in another consultant to help instead of using the help of the junior doc that was assigned to help him.. Its during the first review after my discharge that he broke the news to me...
Its been 4 mths since my operation, to be frank, I tried to be positive but I am still having the pain daily and its getting worst and to make things worst, I started having brownish discharge..All these have really stressed me up and I cannot sleep at night...
I am trying to be brave and positive and hope that all these problems will pass...

Hi beary,

I can understand how you feel. I was in depression too after the surgery. My gynae broke one news at a time to me. I did not ask him too much cos I am scared... I ask one thing in one visit.

I have read that one of the causes of endo is stress and endo is common in "career" women.

I went through myomectomy in Sep04. My fibroids grew till 8 cm in July04 and that's when I found out that I was pregnant. My operation lasted about 1.5hrs and warded for 4 days. Having operation in the private hospital is very different. The key word there is efficiency...

Which hospital did you have your surgery? Do you want a second opinion? I can recommend you a gynae who's very good.

Did your doctor recommend treatment for your endo? My gynae asked me to have a series of injections to reduce the size of the endo and lower the chances of fibroids growing back. With the monthly injections, my menses will stop for 6 months, plus I hate injections, so I did not want the injections. These injections will cost me more than 1k. Maybe you can ask your doctor about GnRH agonists.

I would also suggest that you go to the library and borrow books about how to cope with endo. There are advices on diet and excercise that we should do to reduce the pain. If you read the previous posts in this thread, you might find some more information. Avoid food that contains "animal estrogen". Reduce meat, replace milk products like cheese and milk with soya bean products. Soya bean is good. Eat more vegetables and fruits. No caffeine and cold drinks. Reduce sugar. According to the book where I got these information, the author stated that her patients follow these guidelines for diet before the menses, pain will be greatly reduced.

Take care Try not to brood over it. Its no good for health. I know its difficult, but you can do it
happy.gif
Try to learn how to cope with the symptoms.

253514.gif

Hi! Lyn
Had my operation done in KKWCH. Luckily my gynae is a nice, friendly and caring person. During my 8 days stay, he visited me everyday even on weekends and the day when he has clinical sessions at another hospital.. He even visited me in the evening at abt 9pm on 3 occasions.. He did not recommend any medications for my endo..maybe due to the fact that I told him that I do not want any hormone pills as I do not like the side-effects that comes with it..
I did went for a 2nd opinion and the news fom this gynae is worst than my gynae..He said that the only solution for me is hysterectomy!!! Imagine the shock that I had when he told me this..

Frankly, I do not mind going for a 3rd opinion...
Who is your gynae...I would like to get a 3rd opnion as I am sick and tired of the daily pain...

Thanks in advance...

Hi Beary,

I am shocked that the second gynae you saw suggested hysterectomy
253604.gif
. MAybe you can ask your gynae about whether GnRH agonist will help you in your fertility. There's still hope
happy.gif
. Dun despair ok? Be calm and search for a solution...
happy.gif

I have read about birth control pills can help to reduce the pain from endo, but it's not suitable if you are trying to conceive.

With GnRH agonists, I think there's no guarantee that it will work. My cousin had a big ovarian cyst. She got it removed by laparoscopy and took the GnRH agonists injections. Immediately after the effects of the injections wear off, the cyst grew back to the same size!

I would recommend Dr. Peter Chew. His clinic is at Gleneagles #06-06. I think you gotta tell your gynae that you want to have babies and ask how he can help you medically. I think there are also good gynaes in KKH... Is your gynae at KKWCH a senior consultant?

Hi! Lyn

My gynae in KKH is a consultant. He is attached to the GCC dept and his speciality is in women's problem. He did mentioned that he can referred me to reproductive medicine dept for IVF ..But I do not think I want to go through it cause its gonna be more stressful and disappointment will be greater if it is not successful...Looking in the possibility of adoption if I really cannot have my own babies but the only problem now is MIL..

Anyway I am keeping my fingers crossed and hopefully a miracle will happen.. Maybe I will made an appointment to see Dr Chew to seek an opinion from him....

Hi beary,
But you did not try yet, how come he asked you to go for IVF? Hugs...
Dun think too much first ok? Be positive
happy.gif
I think it is very difficult to conceive when one is stressed up. I am trying to conceive... But I get very stressed up... Maybe that's why still no good news.
IVF is stressful... My mum's friend is a nurse working in the fertility center in Mt E. She said gotta go for injections everyday and she sees a lot of patients crying every time the treatment fail... And then she gotta counsel them...
Do you want to go for counselling or seek help? Maybe you can consider www.alife.org.sg. They can teach you how to "strike" more effectively...
happy.gif

Hi Lyn
Thanks for all the supportive encouragement. I think you are right, due to all these problems, I am pretty stressed up. The reason my gynae asked me to go IVF because he said that its the faster way to conceive. But after reading that failure rate is higher than success rate and all the heart-breaking stories, I do not want to go through it.
Hey, you should learn to relax and take things easy. I always believe that Conception is a Gift from GOD and you will get your gift very soon..
At this very moment, the only thing that I wanted to know is why am I having abnormal bleeding/spotting which is not the normal symptons of pre-menstrual cycle. I am very stressed by it cos I am having this abnormal discharge since last thursday, never have this before..now thinking whether I should leave it alone or made an appointment to see my gynae...

Is it easy to made an appointment to see Dr Chew??

hi beary,

i am currently seeing a gynae in KKWCH too.
i had fibroid during my pregnancy but her say dun need to remove. i am very worry tat it will affect me in my next pregnancy

who is your gyane in KKH?

Hi Aimee,

I think we both have the same problem... very worried about the pain and cut after the operation.. being go throught this forum... Also dont forget the money to spent and it might come back again....

I'm really lucky to have my son being delivered although I got the fibroid... really feel with SAD for those mum whom their baby could not fight win the fibroid..

Why we women got so many problems.....my god...
Very stress....stress...stress..... although I do know got to think positive...but..haiz.....

Whom is ur gynae? from which hospital?

regards.

Hi beary,

Pardon me, but I do not believe in IVF in being the faster way to conceive. I think technology like IVF should help people who are having problems conceiving. In certain way, it can help someone to conceive fast, but considering the costs and stress, the gynae should have considered those factors too. Sometimes, it doesn't work that way. Are you above 30? Age should also be a factor to consider for IVF.

With your problems, and if financially allows, I think you should seek advice from a senior consultant.
You can call 6472 6828 to make an appointment. The receptionist is very busy sometimes and will sound a bit cold sometimes. So be prepared... Tell Dr Chew that you are stressed about the problems and fertility. He's a caring and patient gynae.

Yap, now I think having a baby is a GIFT from GOD. Yesterday, I felt very sad when I heard the news of a newborn been thrown into the dustbin!

Somehow I think, like me, I am also more aware of my premenstrual symptoms and any pain ever since the operation. I get a bit paranoid sometimes... Now I feel pain in my mid-cycle, but I tell myself gotta relax... If you are disturbed by the discharge, go and see your gynae when you still have the discharge.

Hi worry_mum,

The pain will be over in a few days after the operation...
happy.gif

My fibroids grew with my pregnancy. At week 5 when I found out I was pregnant, I went for a scan by a gynae and found 2 fibroids. One month later, went for another scan, this time 6 fibroids. Then 2 weeks later, more than 6 fibroids! I am really scared it will recur if I get pregnant again... Gotta pray hard it will not happen again
254067.gif

Hi! Lyn
Thanks for the phone number..Making an appointment to see my gynae is no problem, the problem is that I get stressed up just by being at the clinic..Always so crowded and waiting time is so long.. Maybe you are right, I am getting paranoid.. Shall wait till tomorrow and hopefully the discharge has stopped, if not then I will call the hospital to made an appointment..

Hi! Wendy

Who is your gynae in KKWCH?? Are you still seeing your gynae for your fibriod problem??
My gynae is Dr Tham Wai Lum....

Hi beary,
I think in all government hospital, the shortest waiting time will be appointment just before they close... My last visit with a gynae in KKWCH at Clinc C was only 40 minutes, from reception to payment. I only need to wait for two patients in front of me.

I also get stressed up while waiting at the clinic. I get stressed up cos I am usually surrounded by so many preggies...

Hi! lyn

You are right..partly stressed to see so many preggies around and I am the only one waiting to see doctor so resolved problem that is preventing me from conceiving...So sad and stressed...
Spoke to my gynae and he wanted me to go back for a review for the daily pain that I am having..as for the bleeding, he said that it could be due to my problem which at times can cause abnormal bleeding and just to observe it..Its the pain and the daily intake of pain-killers that he is more concerned about..Trying to make an appointment to see him this thursday and most likely I will make an appointment to see Dr Chew in the middle of march when I am not too busy with work for an opnion on my problem..

Hi beary,
Hugs...
254419.gif

For the past few visits to my gynae, I went on a weekday, therefore hubby cannot go with me. I feel sad for myself while waiting and stressed when I see so many preggies with hubby... So loving... Me alone and having problems with my womb...
sad.gif
But my next visit to gynae will be on a Saturday
happy.gif
I am hoping to get pregnant by then...

Hi Lyn

I am praying hard for you and hoping hard that you will give me good news that you are expecting before your next appointment with your gynae..
happy.gif

yes, its always very unbearble to go for review alone..no choice, appointments always on weekdays and other half busy with work....
Waiting for confirmation from hospital for appointment to see my gynae for review..I am now hoping that he will not give me anymore bad news...

Hi beary...
Thank you
happy.gif

Gotta be strong ok? Hugs... Sometimes it is better to know for future planning... Just take one news at a time ok? I dare not ask my gynae if my endometriosis is at both my fallopian tubes. I know I gotta see him every 3 months for the next 3 years to monitor...
Dr Chew is opened half day on Saturdays, except the Saturdays that he's giving seminars/talks. So can get your hubby to go with you
happy.gif

Hi! Lyn
I think I getting too sensitive or touchy..Last nite went to telok ayer market to have dinner and it happened that there is an advert on adoption..Hubby saw it and said lets go and adopt..I was so mad that I snapped at him..He was so surprised and said that he just don't want me to go through all the pain and trouble just to conceive, so might as well just adopt one will do..I feel so bad..
Sometimes, I wonder if he is angry with me for postponing marriage and setting up a family and purely concentrate on my career and studies...I had obtained what I want from studies and career but frankly speaking, I rather exchange all these for the ability to conceive and setup a family..

hi beary

sorry for teh laet reply, i just back to work
i had guess correctly, ur gynae is Dr Tham. me too seeing him and he deliver my girl.
he discharge me in my 6 wk check up and he saymy fibroid dun need to remove.
i so worry now after seeing ur post.
how u find him? are u still seeing him? where u see him in KKWCH?

Hi! Wendy
Good for you that Dr Tham said that your fibroid is not causing you any problem so you don't have to worry. Mine is the extreme case.
sad.gif

Well, I only have good things to say about Dr Tham. He is gentle, caring, patient, responsible and friendly doctor. Quite surprise to see him visiting me twice in my room during 3 occasions and even on weekends. How do you find him??
I am still seeing him as he did mentioned to me before that my problem has to be monitored. Still in pain and taking pain-killers everyday to curb the pain and to made matters worst, having abnormal bleeding since last thursday. Paranoid me emailed Dr Tham. He told me to made an appointment for review. He is rather concerned about the pain and my daily intake of pain-killers. As for the bleeding, he said to observe as it could be due to my problem which at times can cause abnormal bleeding. I am seeing him at Clinic B at KKWCH but my next appointment will be at KK AMK clinic in the evening as I am not allowed to take leave.

Hi all,
I would just like to check with those who has endo. condition whether you know whether is it normal to have reddish/brown vaginal discharge in between your periods.
My gynae has suspected that I have this condition after my miscarriage in Dec 04. Then in Jan 05, I went thru' another op for appendicitis. Now two weeks after I have had my last menses, I 'm havin some vaginal discharge which started on Tue after I had an evening job on Monday evening.

Can anyone advise as this abnormal discharge is worrying me a fair bit.

Regards.

hi Starlite

When i had endometriosis, i had bleeding everytime after sex. Sometimes it'll last for a few days.
Did your gynae confirmed that you've endometriosis?

Hi Bea,

Thanks for replying. No he did not confirmed but he suspected it becos the scan result revealed some blood clot at the back of my womb during the detailed scan.

Actually I did had sex two days before the discharge occurs. I'm just worried..not sure whether it could be due to that?

Did your gynae said it is normal to have bleeding after sex since u have endometriosis?

Hi Starlite

if your gynae is experienced, he shd be able to tell from the scan that it's endometriosis, i didn't even go through any blood test to confirm.

Ya, bleeding after sex is one of the symptoms of endometriosis. I suggest u confirm it asap, and seek treatment immediately, otherwise if it gets bigger, it might burst & it's life threatening, and could be cancerous too.

Bleeding after sex is one of the symptoms of endo.
I think those "endo" that can be detected on ultrasound are called "cysts" already. I have endo, and they cannot be detected by the ultrasound cos they are very small ones. Bigger ones are called cysts.

Bea, can endo become cancer? Dun scare me le.. I have not heard of that yet...

Hi! Bea
Confirmed endo can become cancer?? My gnae never said that to me leh?? Must ask him during my next appointment..Now everyday in pain and after reading your post, I am freaking out...

Hi Lyn

i discovered the endo in Dec 2000, had an op to remove them in March 2001 after trying medicine for 4 mths & it still did not disappear, then got pregnant in 2002 and delivered in 2003. Gynae said within 5 yrs after i gave birth,i won't get a relapse, but unfortunately, i get it again in Jan 04, but this round discovered very early, so i took 9 mths of medications (put on 7kg!!!!)& fully recovered, going for scan again 2 weeks later...

What type of medicine? Is it oral medications or injections? My gynae asked me to go for injections.. but I dun wanna go for it cos I hate injections... Furthermore, there's no guarantee the endo will reduce in size.
So you did manage to get pregnant even with the endo?

Back