Support Group - Endometriosis and Fibroids.

Hi Daisylove,
I think borrowing from the bank is not ideal cos the interests rate for renovation loan can be quite expensive. You would be surprise at the amount of interests you have paid at the end of the loan if you do the calculation.

If you dun like feng shui, then you better not engage in one. It is better not to know than to know and not following. I also dun like window grilles. I am not installing any till I can have a kid, of course, if I do have one.

My whole family travel quite a lot. I have travelled to many places around Europe during the weekends when I was in the UK. When work get too stressed, I will go somewhere alone. When I travel alone, it will be a hectic one to cover as many places as I can. It may be tiring, but I enjoyed travelling than working...
happy.gif
I love to shop in London and I will visit London whenever I can find cheap tickets to get there, and I will be there shopping almost every weekends during the sale season
happy.gif
. I usually like to backpack and walk around on my own - free and easy
happy.gif
. I find tours expensive and not really worth it. However, for backpacking, you will need to do some homework to read on where and how to go. I like to drive too. If I travel with my parents or more than 2 people, I will rent a car.

My accommodation for Paris in a two star hotel cost 41 Euro per nite for a double, ensuite room, with breakfast. I used to think that staying in a hostel would be cheap, but it is not so in Europe. Of course, cannot compare the cost with a five star hotel. For food, we ate a very heavy breakfast and have some snacks for lunch, then an early dinner (dinner is usually cheaper before 5pm). We will eat in a restaurant for dinner with wine. Average would be 15 Euro per person. It can be cheaper if you buy food from the supermarket or MacDonalds. For transportation, we bought a one week pass for all zones which cost about 12 Euro per person. I think for my 4D3N trip to Paris from London cost me GBP400 (about SGD1200) including airticket from London, with good food in restaurants and some souvenirs, but excluded museum visiting. Don't worry about getting lost in Europe. The key is when you arrive in a city or town, go straight to the tourist information first before exploring to get a map. My parents can also travel on their own in Paris, I dun see why you can't. I just planned their itininary and tell them how to get there, provide them with maps, and they survived their 5 days in Paris. They can even come back and tell me where to eat cheaply! Alternatively, go to a MacDonalds to buy an ice cream and ask them for a free map. No need to waste money to buy maps around Europe, you can get them free from the tourist information or MacDonalds.

I spend quite a lot of time surfing the web to find budget accom and I write them down and compare. I usually prefer to pay cash on arrival and those that do not need me to provide my credit card details to secure the room. If cannot find these type, then will find those with secured credit card payment. So far, no problem at all. I like to buy airtickets online too.

My wedding is on 21 Jan
happy.gif
. I am getting a bit "kan cheong" already. I have only sent out a few invitations.

I was a bit paranoid when I saw my doc. I asked him if my fibroids came back cos I got backache during menstruation. Lucky he told me not so fast...

Hi ULN,

I hope u have found another gynae u wish to see... I always have backache (was never spared even once since I started mensurating
sad.gif
) and have not known them to be a symptom of fibroids. I heard that Pilates can strengthen back muscles and allieviate such pain, helps in relaxation too... maybe u wanna try after u settle your home and wedding since u are not working yet.

From your description, i could tell that ur menses very 'sensitive'.. If so, then u must watch your emotions even more closely and try to think positive and maintain a cheerful disposition at all times. Mine is the hardy type and it will come even if I'm ill or stressed thru exams... my menses never miss and never late for more than 2 days... at least until now...

As for what Dr Chew says, its true. The egg very often gets fertilised as it travels along the fallopian tube. The fallopian tube has little hairs inside to 'sweep' the ovum gently along the tube. If the sperms have enuf energy to swim there, then it will fertilise the egg in the fallopian tube and it will embedded itself in the uterus (when the lining is thick) when it reaches there... I can see wea your doctor is coming from with regards to your condition.

Regarding your studies, i personally feel is a pity to give up now since u are at the last lap. I also agree that paper chase is not all there is to life but should u give up now, u must ensure this is really wat u want cos it's miserable to regret it later... I support u giving it your last best shot. Hope u pass with flying colours and then fully concentrate on providing more future leaders for S'pore!
biggrin.gif

I am currently seeing one from Thomson medical centre. If u are interested to have her contact, just let me know.

Take care, gal... Your big day is coming, try not to let all these matters weigh u down. U sld be an excited and radiant bride.

Hi Daisylove,

Does your hubby's aunt need the $ soon? When u borrow from her, make sure that u state up front that u cannot just repay the whole lump sum when she wants it cos u dun have so much cash. Will be good to agree on a repayment amt all three parties are comfortable with, and stick to that. Money matters can make or break ties and it's sad when the unfortunate happens. Stating expectations clearly up front is beta, since she is neither yours or hubby's mum.

I borrowed from my dad $25K and promise to service $600 per month and repay in 3.5 years max time. I also agreed with hubby to repay a few hundred more every bonus...

I support the decision not to take a bank loan. Thou interest rates are now depressed and banks are lending at prime + 1-2%, always bear in mind that prime rate changes with ecy and may rise in future. If u borrow from aunt, u will just take appox 4yrs and 2 mths to repay her $20K, which can be shorten if u repay more during bonus periods. Comparing to paying $400/mth for 5 years, thats an additional payment of $4K interest! Not worth it at all!!
nono.gif

My personal take on this is that bank borrowing is the last resort, try parents and parents-in-law and then relatives who dotes on u or hubby. Make sure these $ extended are spare cash which they will not need urgently and u can repay over 3-4 years.. The future is uncertain and now the greatest worry for alot of us is job security. Sld one of u get retrenched, u can stall payment or make less repayments to the aunt, but banks are not so easy when it comes to re-negotiate terms. They will charge interest on payment in arrears... Then u are paying interest on interest... which is how the banks make money...

I recall u mentioned that u will always forget what qns u wanna ask your gynae and would write them down... this is why i suggested u to consider keeping paper cuttings too. Furthermore, a picture says a thousand words and the ID will also have a sense of what concept and feel u want for your home.

I would say i believe in fengshui but I am not stunch (how to spell??) abt it. I have heard stories of people's home looking weird to following fengshui masters advise and these people dare not defy the advise as sub-consiciously they are afraid that bad things will befall on them...

Oh yes, the iron grills! My mum drove me nuts over it!!
crazy.gif
My mum, like your MIL (& my MIL too btw) also wanted ALL WINDOWS to have grills!!! I relented by putting grills for all room and kitchen windows but No No for my floor-to-ceiling windows! No way am I going to do that! It feels like being in jail looking out of my living room windows thru those grills!
uhoh.gif

When it comes to diff in how the house is to be renovated, communication and compromise is the key. U give in some and trade it for some things your way. Parents advise becos they care for us, else they wun bother to. Thou sometimes not welcome, try to contain the unhappiness by bearing in mind that they have good intentions.

I will send u the template tmr morning... Hope u will find it useful. Will send u my floorplan too... Dun fret over the terms, the IDs will be more than willing to explain and those reno books will give u insight too. Lastly u will have me, who is the 'jiang Hu' ID that went thru the ordeal! Haha..
proud.gif

Hacking of walls are not expensive, its wat u use to patch it up that determines the price. Hacking half my bedroom wall to build the walk-in wardrobe into the adjoining room cost me $280 but putting that dumb 'gypsumboard' cost me $650!!! I was told that hacking a wall and replacing with glass rather than the gypsumboard i mentioned will cost almost 2x the price!!! So the glass concept is super expensive!
crazy.gif

Just tell the ID what u want and quote them your budget. Let them tell u what they can offer u with the budget u have. They are paid for doing that, so leave it to the experts. Remember we are advised not to stress ourselves out, so lets pay the IDs to worry for us!

Remember that accessories like lights (bedroom, kitchen, bathroom etc etc), bathroom accessories (towel, cup, toilet paper holders and shampoo racks, sink and mirror), aircon, heaters and electricity wirings are all not considered in the reno budget. Eventually u will need another say $3K to cover all these out-of-pocket expenses. When I finally buy all these items, i will let u know how much i spend for each to assist u in your budgeting... I already have my furniture + electrical appliances budget. Can share with u if u want to, any variances I am not liable hor...
lame.gif
Kekeke... Btw, between me and hubby, I am the finance minister...
blush.gif

Wah i write so much!! Aiyoh pai-seh to be so 'li ti' from endometrosis!!
embarrassed.gif
Think u and me should set up a separate tread on reno sharing!
lol.gif

Hi to all who have shown concern for me, thanks very much.
I've seen a GP, she said that based on what i've told her, she'll arrange for me to do an ultrasound of pelvic area. She said that pap smear is more for detecting cancer celss in uterus. If you want to detect little or any fibroids, ultrasound will be the thing to do.

ULN, i wonder has this condition cost a bomb to you and since you are preparing your wedding also. I'm so afraid that if (touchwood) i got this condition, the medical cost may deplete my saving. I'm now saving up for my house you see... worried....

Hi Flower_Power,
I have not got time to find another gynae yet. Maybe after my wedding. I get lower abdominal cramp when I eat something cold or "cold" food nowadays. I think maybe my health is not as good already as compared to before the miscarriage.
Backache during menstruation is a symptom of fibroids. I had slipped disc many years ago and went through a surgery. The surgery lessen my pain, but not completely cure. I get backache when I do something strenous or physically stressed. So I have never thought that it is a symptom of another condition. I thought it's my slipped disc and the orthopaedic haven't done a good job... I have learnt how to help myself to alleviate the pain when I have backache, so it does not bother me too much.
happy.gif
Now I getting a bit confused... Dunno is it fibroids or endo or slipped disc...

Thank you for your encouraging words
happy.gif
. I will continue to write my thesis after my wedding. I just told my hubby to give me two more months after the weding and I will graduate
happy.gif
. I have planned to move all my notes to my new love nest and write my thesis there. Many of my friends are graduating this summer, so I wanna try to finish by April and graduate with them... else I gonna be a lonely graduate if it's next year...

The scars from the pimples on my face are getting better
happy.gif
. I have been applying tea tree oil... I think they will be gone on my wedding day
happy.gif

Maybe I will calculate how much I have spent on my house after my wedding... Now is more on how much I need to spend and whether I have the money to spend.. So did not really consolidate the amount spent in total.

Hi Mandy,
Yes, pap smear is more for detecting cancer in the cervix. Pap smear can also detect infections, if any. Ultrasound is for detecting fibroids, cysts or endo. Sometimes, ultrasound cannot detect those that are very small.

It did cost me a bomb. Becos of the unplanned surgery, I gotta cut my renovation budget and took up those 12 months repayment for my electrical appliances. It has cost me easily 9k in a two-bedded ward at Gleneagles. This cost excludes all the ultrasounds, out-patient consultation fees, lab fees, medications. I was told that my gynae's fee is on the expensive side. I cannot claim from any of my insurance cos they do not cover, else can cover up to 80%. Medishield does not help a lot though, can claim less than 10%...

Hi ULN,
sorry to hear that you cannot claim for your medical bills. wow, 9k... that's really a lot.

well, i just wish you all the best in your preparation. when i get to do my ultrasound, shall let you know the result. Sigh, now i shall leave everything to God. If it really turn out something bad, well then maybe really got to cut my expenses on a lot of other things already...

Hi Mandy,
If you r worried about the medical cost, you can try to get referral via polyclinic and you will be a subsidized patient. Also, buy a insurance which covers hospitalisation expenses. This should help.

Mandy,
I think you should consider buying an insurance that covers hospitalisation before you see the doctor... But dun go for the operation for the next 3 mths... There's a minimum period...

Hi blurqueennomore and ULN,
thanks for the suggestion... actually i'm working in an insurance company so buying a hospitalisation plan when you suspect you have some illness is very risky. in the sense if the ins. co. found out about it, then jia lat. Ya, normally there's a minimum period. thinkk it varies between diff. ins. co.

Oh I see... Fibroids can wait one cos they are benign...

9k is a lot. After scrutinising my medical bills and comparing with how the insurance agents sell the insurance, I think insurance agents' calculation are way below estimation. Not realistic at all. Even with coverage from insurance, still gotta fork out at least 2k for this surgery. It would be more if it's gonna be heart or kidney or cancer cos maximum (very max) the insurance can cover is 80%... More than 10 years ago, my dad had a heart angioplasty, doctor's fees alone cost 10k!

Hi ULN and Flower,
I understand that borrowing from bank means I will be paying a few thousand dollars more but I really find it hard to borrow money from my relatives or hubby's relatives. May be it's because of my pride and fear that the person whom I may borrow money from may give me pressure during the years I will be returning the money. I once borrowed money from my uncle for my uni studies and have been returning him every month since 2002. Whenever I see my aunt (uncle's wife), she gives me the feeling that I owe her something and every festival including Chinese New Year, my mum sometimes would like me to visit her family or buy them things. I was even pressurised to buy things for them during my honeymoon. I know I should be grateful and filial to them too and I'm really trying hard. My brother has also borrowed money from this family and feels the same way too. He just hopes he can finish school fast and starts to earn money and pay them back. May be because of this incident, I have a phobia already and have told myself that I will not borrow money from relatives again. It's just that my mum is a divorcee since I was in sec school and so has no means to support us to uni. Fortunately, I have been returning the money on time every month and by next year May, I would have cleared my debt
happy.gif

ULN,
is it dangerous to travel alone in Europe? I've never tried travelling alone, don't have the courage to do it
lame.gif

How much in Singapore Dollars is 41 Euro for the 2-star hotel with breakfast somemore? If it's about a $100, seems worth it and cheap. I would very much like to visit Paris one day too and if I'm really going in the near future, I must consult you, my shi jie for travelling liao
embarrassed.gif
Is GBP in Euro money? Sorry, never been there, so a bit blur blur about the currency. Wow, if I can spend only S$1200 for a 4D3N trip in Europe, how wonderful! Is it possible if I go Japan spending so little too? By the way, when you say 4D3N is actually spending 3 full days there is it?
happy.gif

I've just purchased airtickets online yesterday cause hubby and our friends want to go HK. We tried to source for the cheapest available airfare and the cheapest we can find was SQ at $343 after adding the taxes and surcharges. Initially Cathay Pacific had even lower price at $144 before adding taxes and surcharges but all taken up already. SQ's price is the next best we can get. Any tips or advice for me when I'm in HK next year?
happy.gif

Don't worry, ULN, try to finish sending your invitation cards by 1st week of Jan if possible. So excited for you too
bounce.gif

I also don't think your fibroids will return so fast, try not to keep thinking about it. Enjoy the time you are preparing for your wedding and enjoy fully on your wedding day. Where have you and your hubby planned to go for your honeymoon?
happy.gif

Take care when you are rushing your thesis. Since it's the last term, I think you should finish it but have enough rest in between
happy.gif

Flower,
I've replied your emails liao
happy.gif

ULN is my Shi Fu for travelling and you are my Shi Fu for reno
lol.gif
Hai, I married earlier but still a green horn to all these reno stuff. Thank you so much for sharing the prices and information with me, I'm very gan dong
236718.gif

Hi all gals here,

year 2005 is a fresh start and let's jia you together. Put the unhappiness or sadness to the past. May this new year brings lotsa good health, happiness and prosperity! For those who plan to have a baby next year (me too
happy.gif
), good luck and hope our dream comes true next year!

Last but not the least, I'm very glad we find each other here. We will continue to support each other through difficulty times and share all our happiness and sorrows together!

Happy New Year!
236726.gif
236727.gif

Hi Daisylove,
I do understand the problems of borrowing from relatives. I think sometimes "money is evil".

It is not dangerous to travel around Europe. You just need to practice some common sense like stay away from dark alleys, be aware of surroundings, etc. Most importantly, read up a little on the safety and warnings on the cities or towns you gonna visit. I had travelled alone in Europe before. It is not easy to find a friend to travel with me when I decide to go somewhere at the last minute with cheap tickets. You know, by the time my friends take to make decisions, the price would have gone up... So I dun bother...
happy.gif

41 Euro is about SGD100. GBP is Great Britain Pounds, or called British Sterling Pounds. 1 pound is equivalent to about SGD 3 at the moment.

I feel that Japan is more expensive than Europe. I had a hard time looking for budget accommodation in Japan. Usually when I travel, I like to get to the city early in the morning and leave on the last day late in the evening, so that will make it almost 4 full days. The first flight out of London at about 6am will usually be the cheapest as compared to flights during the day. To catch flights at 6am, I will usually sleep in the airport
happy.gif
. From my website, you can see a travelogue about my airport sleeping experience... Lucky my hubby oso can accept the idea of sleeping in the airport...
happy.gif
. I have a lot of friends who have not tried and dare not try. It is very safe to sleep in the airport with all the security walking around to look out for terrorists..
happy.gif

We haven't planned for our honeymoon. Now, our cash go out very fast for the love nest... plus I am not working. We might go somewhere in Asia or Bintan again for a few days to rest. Then we will plan a big one when things settle down a bit and I get a job
happy.gif

I have started to plot the basal temperature chart. I think I better do... My doc gave me a chart to fill in and I scared later he ask for it when I visit him next. Sometimes I just forget before I brush my teeth... So I have some missing days...

Eh ULN, whats the basal temperature? U must take it prior to brushing??? Hmm... Whats the reason for plotting this temperature? I only know women who uses the natural method of contraception will plot their temperature to determine which are their fertile days... Now there is the ovulation predictor, so I think it's easier liao.

I always had backache and did not know it's a symptom of having fibroids cos most of my frens have backache too... Miscarriages usu have long term effects on a woman's health, so u must take good care and hope tat after years of 'bu', u will regain your pink of health.

I'm glad that ur hubby support u to go thru your last leap for your exams. I have faith in you. Believe in yourself and u can do it. Just conc on your wedding now and then conc later on your thesis... See this way u dun worry abt your endo... beta right?

Hi Mandy,

I agree with ULN fully. Ultrasound, esp the pelvic type cannot detect small fibroids. The vaginal ultrasound is beta as the images will be clearer and u need not hold urine too. That said, vaginal ultrasound is subjected to the same limitations as pelvic ultrasound but only improves the image quality. They cost the same.

My previous gynae suggested me to undergo laparoscopy (its a type of pin-hole surgery) to see how many fibroids I have and determine if I indeed have endo. The procedure costs appox $6K without room and medication charges. Very expensive. Your condition sounds worrying but try not to dwell on it too much until the ultrasound results are out. I do not know if they will suggest u to undergo laparscopy to have a beta look by putting a scope in, I hope not. Wish that everything will be ok for u.

As for buying a hospitalisation policy, remember to buy one in which your suggested procedure is covered and as for the condition, it's beta that u declare u may have but unsure becos if they found u guilty of not disclosing, the insurance is void.

When u declare tat u may have certain condition, at most they will just charge higher premium but at least the coverage is there. There are many types of hospitalisation policies in the market and if u wish to use CPF to pay your premiums, AIA and NTUC Income have medishield plans depending on your needs like room type etc. Shop ard and get more info before committing. ULN also gave a good reminder abt the minimum period. I am not an insurance expert but I know that people who draft insurance policies are very smart, sometimes people think they are covered but they actually am not. So be careful.

Take care and hope there is nothing serious with the long periods. All the best.

Hi all, my ultrasound is this sat, quite scared. And regarding the insurance, i have NTUC incomeshield. As for those hosp ins policies in the market, once you have the condition before taking up with them, it excluded totally. So very little chance for them to charge me high premium.

Hello Flower_Power,
Basal temperature need to be taken prior to brushing, and in fact prior to waking up. It's to find out ovulation and the fertile period. During ovulation, your basal temperature will be slightly higher than normal. Ovulation predictor are easily available. I think they are expensive and my gynae did not recommend that. I was told to make an appointment with ALife. There are volunteers who can teach me about the temperature chart. But I am too busy to go nowadays...

I told my hubby to give me two more months after the wedding to complete the thesis
happy.gif
. I think I gotta give myself a dateline now to get it over.

Wow... $6k for laparoscopy is very expensive... My open surgery cost me 70% of that... Better get a second opinion before going for that. The risk of uterine rupture increases during pregnancy for people who have undergone laparoscopy before, especially if the gynae not very skilled.

Hi Mandy,
How's your ultrasound results? Let us know if u dun mind telling us, okie? I hope everything's fine.. Take care..

Hi ULN,

Thanks for telling me so much abt basal temp. I did not know that ovulation predictors are expensive. To be honest, I never look at their prices when I see them on those pharmacy shelves
blush.gif
. I'm sorry if this sounds stupid. How do you take your time prior to waking up? Ask hubby to do it??
lame.gif

Great to know tat hubby aso supports u doin your thesis. I support u too!
happy.gif

I did not know that I almost gonna 'ketok' for the surgery!
uhoh.gif
Luckily u told me. I did not go for it and wun unless its absolutely neccessary. Could you tell me the name of your gynae and which hospital u go to? I will definitely consider your gynae if I need to go. U cld send me a personal message for this. Thanks.

You take care and keep me posted abt the progress of your thesis, okie? I'll cheer u on!
bounce.gif
Hangin there, the toughest will be over soon!

Your big day coming soon right? Relax and be a radiant and 'chio' bride!
happy.gif

Hi ULN,

I saw your post in "Any comments in Alex Ooi".

You have any comments on him and can anyone advised on how does gyn detected Endo and fibroids?

Hi Flower Power,
I suppose you are asking how I took my temp prior to waking up... I just use a thermometer. There's a special thermometer for measuring basal temperature, but I am using a normal digital thermometer. The special thermometer measure up to 2 decimal places, but I think no need to be that accurate... 1 decimal place enough. I just started to measure this cycle, so dunno the outcome yet. I put the thermometer beside my bed...

The pimples on my face are fading
happy.gif
I hope no more popping out before my big day... I have been having pimples ever since my miscarriage. Hopefully all already pop out liao...

Hi Fen,
He's very gentle and speaks softly. He answered my questions whatever I asked. He dun rush through the appointment. I like the idea of having a flat screen on the wall for patient's view while he's doing the ultrasound scan.

Large fibroids can be palpated. Small fibroids can be detected with an ultrasound, but there's a minimum size to be able to be detected by an ultrasound.

Endo can also be detected with ultrasound. The best option to detect endo is laparoscopy which is invasive. Most of the time, endo cannot be detected by ultrasound because they are too small.

Hi Flower Power,
Just did the u/s last sat. think the pics will be sent to the clinic for doc to view so, now waiting for doc to call me. i also hope nothing will happen...just hope it's just a mere hormone imbalance than having cysts or fibroids lor.

Thank for the concern from all the gals here.
happy.gif

Hello gals,
I'm sorry I've MIA for so long!
lame.gif

Hi ULN,
thanks for your info! I must consult you next time when I plan to tour Europe
happy.gif
I'm going to Hong Kong next Friday for 4D3N. Think it's winter time now but I don't know how thick I should wear cause I don't think it snows in Hong Kong and temperature range can be as low as 9 degC and as high as 16 degC, a bit range, right?
I saw you in the TTC forum. I do chat with the gals there too as I'm TTC. So far not much luck, can be very sad at times
sad.gif
Don't understand why I take so long while most of my relatives strike within first 2 months. I'm so worried that it's due to my endometriosis and retroverted uterus, don't know what I can do now...

If you wanna know more about BBT charting, I suggest you read the book 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility' by Toni Weschler. It's very informative as he explains on how to analyse the BBT chart for ovulation and advise when to BD
happy.gif

By the way, I'm very excited for you now... next week is your big day! On the 21 Jan, right? The day I leave for Hong Kong
happy.gif

Hi Flower,
I've seen your emails. Sorry, did not have time to reply promptly. I will do so in the weekend
happy.gif
I'm excited over my year end house and at the same time upset whenever I see my AF come. I really wish to conceive soon but it's like forever!

Hi Mandy,
glad that you did the U/S already. Don't worry too much, let's hear what the doctor say first. We'll pray for you
happy.gif

Hi Mandy
How's the results? Hope things will be fine...

Hi Daisylove,
I just went to that thread on and off... Thank you for the book recommendation.
For that temperature of 9DegC, you will only need a jacket and long sleeve tee or shirt. Better to wear something tight fitting on the inside. For the lower body, jeans with socks should be fine. Hope you will enjoy your trip to Hong Kong.
Yap, it will be on 21 Jan
happy.gif
. I am very excited about it. After that, I will be off to Bintan to relax with hubby.
happy.gif

Dun give up ok? Be patient and relax a little. I think sometimes pregnancy comes unexpected
happy.gif
Maybe stress is one of the cause...

Hi ULN,

you are welcome. Do read the book if you have the chance, it teaches a lot and has many illustrations
happy.gif

I will enjoy myself and you too, wish you a happy and blessed wedding in advance since I can't log in tomorrow, hee hee, will wish you in my heart on the plane. I'm very excited for you as well
happy.gif

Hope you enjoy your honeymoon with hubby in Bintan, it's a great island!

I'll try to look on the bright side. Usually my CM will start to appear between CD08 to CD10 but this cycle is a bit strange. Until now I still have spotting after menses and feel very dry, no feeling of CM coming at all. May be I'm too stressed at work, hope to relax more in Hong Kong
happy.gif

Dear Flower,

I'm very sorry that till now I haven't gotten the chance to reply your email. The information you provided me is very useful! Thanks so much
happy.gif

I have been very busy with work, very stressed with the audit that just passed yesterday. Today rushing a lot of post audit stuff and now rushing back home to pack my luggage. I'm going to Hong Kong tomorrow and will be back on 24-01-2005. You know what, I have scanned the floor plan of my new house, just that I haven't gotten the chance and time to send to you. I hope I can do so on 25-01-2005
happy.gif

Flower, how's your reno preparation so far? I'm waiting for my fertile CM which doesn't seem to follow previous cycles pattern. Very worried, don't know if it's due to my work stress. Don't have time for proper meals and somehow I think I have lost a little weight. Never mind, I sure will gain back after the Hong Kong trip
lame.gif

Take care, Flower and ULN. Will write to you soon after I return.

Mandy, how's your U/S scan?
happy.gif

Hi Mandy,

I hope the results of your ultrasound is nothing worrying. U sld have received the results by now?

Take care... =)

Hi ULN,

How did ur big day went? Everything went smoothly? Are u more settled (and less stressed) now that your big day has passed? Hoped u had a memorable day on 21st Jan.

Thanks for clarifying on the basal temperature thingee. I was told by a fren that she uses the discharge as a form of contraception since she is not allowed to use condoms, pills etc due to religious reasons? U heard of it? Does it work?

How's your thesis preparation coming along? I wish u every success!

Pimples could also be caused by stress, lack of sleep and heatiness, so since they have subsided, remember to get sufficient rest & water whilst studying.

Hi Daisylove,

I also MIA for a while..
lame.gif
. I was very busy as its the apprasial season. Its finally over this week and then I am busy with two weddings back to back this weekend. Very very tiring...
yawn.gif

Dun worry abt the floorplan, i guess u must be busy when i didn't receive the floorplan from u... Relax on the reno bit and focus on your work for now. Pioritise what u need to do so that u will be less stressed out.

I know how auditors can make people busy cos the auditors for my company is coming in soon (after CNY)!! and I have them + year end closing all rolled into one! Me super busy too... stressed as well..
crazy.gif

I am down to the last two IDs and will let u know who I eventually select.. I intend to start reno in Apr after my year end closing... Will definitely keep u posted of the progress! I am very excited
bounce.gif
abt seeing my dream home become a reality! Am sure u feel the same as me.
happy.gif

Usual patterns change due to stress, u are rite. Dun fret over it cos it's the stress from a hectic work schedule, untimely meals and worries abt the home renovations + bb plans that is causing this. Manage and organise the tasks and time needed to reduce the stress u are feeling. Any plan is beta than no plan. Once that is done, ur pattern sld resume...

People often say tat u find love at the most unexpected places. I feel the same goes for children. Maybe by not constantly dwelling on why u are not yet pregnant and are slower than your relatives, why not just continue trying and let nature take it's course? This removes the unneccessary stress you put on yourself & for all u know, viola! U are pregnant!
wink.gif

How was your Hong Kong trip? Did u visit Ocean Park, Victoria Peak and took the Star Ferry? Did u go to causeway bay wea the celebrities stay? There is a temple there too. Supposedly to realise one's wishes. Not sure if u are a buddist or christian or catholic... Did u go eat seafood or dim sum? The food in HK very expensive rite? When I went there in 2001, every meal easily cost at least SGD6 even at roadside cafes! Did you shop alot? Bought many things? I hope u enjoyed yourself and were in the mood to do some baby-making!
biggrin.gif

Take care and hope your busy period ends soon.

Hi everyone!
Sorry for being absent for such a long time.... real bz with work.
well, i just got my results! all is fine! haha, i felt so relieved now but i can now feel for those who are waiting for the results... it's really very tiring and anxious. I'm so scared something will happen to me... but now it should be ok for me already.
All gals there, thanks for your support!

Hello gals...
I am back
happy.gif
I had a fantastic wedding and a great relaxation in Bintan
happy.gif
. Now back to tidy my new love nest and get things in place... Still got lots to tidy and clean.

Hi Mandy,
Happy for you that your results are good...

Hi FlowerPower,
Thank you... I had a memorable wedding
happy.gif
. I have not settled down yet. Gotta adjust my new life
happy.gif
. Last weekend was quite hectic - got two homes to visit.

I have read about determining your fertile period using the cervical mucus method. During the fertile period, the cervical mucus discharge will be egg white like. I used to have very accurate menstrual cycle, so I can determine my fertile period by counting days. It will usually coincide with the "fertile discharge".

Some tips that I copied from ALife for your information:

Observations on Cervical mucus:

About few days before ovulation, cervical fluid or mucus starts to flow into the vagina. Your fertile time begins when you feel a sensation of discharge from the vagina. The mucus usually starts with a day or two of sticky mucus, which becomes increasingly wet slippery and become more fluid and like egg white as ovulation approaches. The fertile mucus helps protect sperm from acid secretions in the vagina, nourish and keep sperms alive for several days and helps sperm migration.

Using Ovulation Kit:

When you are about to ovulate, your body produces a large quantity of a hormone called LH, which triggers the release of a ripened egg from your ovary.
The phenomenon tells you that ovulation is likely to occur in the next 24-46 hours. Ovulation kit testing the hormone in your urine can help you to determine when you ovulate.

Hi ULN,

Is your doc Peter Chew from Gleneagles, 6th floor? if yes, i go to him too. I went thru the scope last yr after seeing him for a few mths because of painful cramps. Found out that i have endometrisis n removed many blood cysts. He has suggested that i go for the jabs too. Have u done it??

Hi lyn,

Can't send u mail, it got bounced back.
I jus want to tell u that Dr Chew has been nagging me to get the jabs too, but i don't think i want to go ahead and do it.
How long have u been seeing him?

Hi Flower,
wow, can see that you're really very busy as well. I've learnt to take things easy now. Not matter how anxious I am, I can't speed up any process of conception. I'll just have to enjoy every moment and wait patiently for it
happy.gif

I enjoyed myself in Hong Kong. It was winter and although there was no snow, my friends, hubby and I felt the weather was cold and chilly. Ate a lot of Tim Sum, spent quite a lot on shopping, food and at the Peak. Wanted to go to the temple and wishing tree (though I'm a free thinker) but my hubby fell sick there, so couldn't follow our planned iternary strictly
lame.gif

We were so tired that we postponed our BD till we returned to Singapore. I think I also ovulated late, luckily cos hubby was in pain, so didn't wanna force the idea of BD. Anyway, by the time we slept at around 2 am every night and waking up around 7 am everyday, we were too tired to get into the mood. Now I'm in my 2WW very nearing my expected AF but I think not very high chance as I do not have any symptoms. Feel very strange though, I experienced tender nipples and slightly sore breasts after ovulation but only lasted a few days. In fact, now everything back to normal, guess I'll just have to try harder next cycle.

I'm seeing my gynae in March, think I will request for either ultrasound scanning or vaginal ultrasound to rule out recurrence of endometriosis. I'm just so worried, so I feel more assured doing it every year. What about you?
happy.gif

Hi ULN,

are you also Lyn?

Very happy for you that you enjoyed both your wedding day and honeymoon. I miss Bintan! Hee, did you post any of your wedding and honeymoon photos? If yes, I'm sure to go in to view, must be very beautiful! By the way, have you completed your thesis?
happy.gif

I enjoyed my Hong Kong trip too. Find the gals there dress themselves up beautifully and very trendy. Their winter clothes are so fashionable that I feel that those I wear are so auntie
lame.gif

Isn't Peter Chew the one who gave the seminar talk at "Baby Under Construction"? How do you find him and what's GnRH agonist jabs? I hope everything is fine. Rather worried when I see your post which you mentioned that you think your condition is more than fibroids and endometriosis. Do take care ok? We'll support each other here. I also will ask my gynae to scan for me in March.

Back