Support Group - Endometriosis and Fibroids.

Flower Power,
Plaza Parkroyal and Grand Plaza Parkroyal are two different hotels at different locations. Mine is the latter. The former's food is lousy, but very cheap though.

I am feeling so stressed today... CAn feel my heart pumping so fast... Like a lot to do for my wedding... I came up with a to do list today and like so much to do
sad.gif
. Plus my mum keep calling me ask me do this and that... My sis oso calling me abt ideas for the wedding... then ended argue with her. Later meeting my designer go to love nest measure measure and sign contract and i haven't finish the preparation.. Geesh.. I going crazy...

Hi ULN and Flower Power

Ya, I have seen a gynae and still currently seeing him. My condition is due to fibroids in my uterus, that is what the gynae said. So we are watching the growth every six months now. If it gets too big, will have to operate.

I agree with you on the part about stress, I think one contributing factor to my condition was that I was under severe stress from personal and relationship issues a few years bad, so bad that I developed abnormal mid cycle bleeding (fresh blood) due to hormonal imbalance, have had insomnia ever since then and lately discovered the fibroid in 2003.

babysheep,
I think the general rule is if the fibroids grow bigger than 4cm, will have to operate already. I think if you are going through operation, better get the doc to remove other fibroids, if any. I read from my gynae's book that if someone has fibroid, generally it will not be just one. I have got 12, but only 6 can be detected from the ultrasound. Before my operation, my gynae told me pple like me who has fibroids will have endometriosis and true enough, I also have. During the operation, the gynae can have a clear view of the uterus, so can ask gynae "sun bian" have a look.

HI gals,
I ve tried chinese medicine but it didn't help much. Ve tried contraceptive but got side effect for me so i stopped.
sad.gif
Sigh... u gals ve anything else to recommend me especially on pain killer part. i tried not to take too much pain killer but can't help it.
sad.gif

My blood clot was the worse. once i have a blood clot as big as a pc of liver. very horrible, rite? i was in great pain and feel so horrible that i decided to take hot shower. suddenly, it just dropped off. goshh... really disgusting and i started crying.. such huge clot. sigh...

I also feel that my problem started from stress. Was having exam, work and personal relationship stress when i had my ruptured cyst. Now i m learning to relax but so hard... With all the medical bill to pay, i cant afford to lose a job. Any idea if eating EPO will help or not?? Heard that EPO might help but some said it will worsen.

Hi gals,
Found this thread very informative. I have fibroid too.. so far my gynae told me I have one small lump in my wall of uterus. But there is no sign of endo so far. Thank God for that. However, am also in the midst of ttc-ing, worry dunno if I can conceive or not. Have been ttc for 4-5mths... Is that true that one who detected with fibroid will lead to multiples? Very scaring leh...

Hi aeina,
I think you better ask your gynae about taking EPO. EPO is hormones. EPO contributed to the growth of my fibroids. EPO can help to regulate your menstrual flow and reduce the pain during menstruation, but that is not a cure to the problem.
I have read a book about fibroids and endometriosis. Diet seems to play a major part in reducing the pain. Briefly off my head:
Avoid cheese, milk, yogurt and other milk products. Replace with soya bean milk.
Avoid caffeine, and alcohol.
Reduce meat consumption.
Increase fruits and vegetables to your diet. I think it is not good to take bananas.
Eat more legumes, beans, nuts. Nuts is good but high cholesterol, so dun eat too much.
Eat more fish.
Reduce sugar and salt to your diet.

Hi woofy,
Dun worry too much... I have fibroids and I managed to conceive. Unfortunately, I had a miscarriage cos my fibroids grew too big and faster than my baby. Fibroids grow with hormones.
I know people who have healthy babies with fibroids. I have a friend whose fibroid grew as big as her baby and she still looked pregnant after her delivery. So dun worry...

Hi Babysheep,

a palm-sized clot is considered quite big. Don't worry, keep ur fibroid monitored and try to relax. My gynae ever told me that till now there is no concrete reason how all this started but they believe the main culprit is STRESS. Try to see things on the bright side and stay positive. It's not worth getting upset over things that are already the past and harming our health, right? When I think of how I managed stress last time, I really feel I was too silly. Go for a job, exercise to keep fit and exercise plus yoga have helped me to reduce pain during my menses. Try it for a few mths and you'll see the result. Of course, continue exercising
happy.gif

Hi Aeina,

we are exactly in the same situation. I was also operated in year 2000, the worst millenium year! My endometriosis was mis-diagnosed as appendicitis too and the doctor only discovered he was wrong upon operation. My mum told me she waited so long only to see 2 more doctors went into the operating theatre. When the operation was over, the doctor seemed "guilty" whenever he made his round to see me. This was because before the operation, I told him I suspected that I had cyst and may be not infection of the appendix but he didn't believe me. I requested for a scan before he "cut" me up but he was 100% sure that mine was appendicitis. In the end, he told me I was right and my cyst had ruptured in my ovary but they sewed it back. Till now, I dun know if he had done a good job
sad.gif
I also have clots before my operation and even have clots after my operation but the pain was not as unbearable as before. Last time, I needed to take MC on my first day of menses every mth and invited a lot of gossips from colleagues who couldn't understand. It affected my work performance due to the pain and also affected me socially. After the operation, I decided to change myself. First, start to change myself emotionally. I stay positive and cheerful and take things easy. I don't let the slightest thing to stress me again. I have become emotionally stronger and also lucky now that I'm happily married and get rid of relationship problem. I also start to exercise regularly and it helps as my monthly menses is not so painful anymore. It's the bearable cramp only. I take EPO moderately only. I eat healthily and very conscious of my health as well as emotional health. You should too
happy.gif

Hi Woofy,

welcome here. We are here to support each other. I'm also TTCing
happy.gif

You have only tried for 4 -5 mths, so not to worry too much. See a gynae to have ur fibroids monitored. As what ULN has mentioned, there are people with fibroid as big as the baby but still give birth, so stay positive
happy.gif

Hi ULN,

zen is good, simple and elegant. I like it too. I don't like the house too messy with things, I like my future house to have minimum things around but must still feel cozy lah
happy.gif

I also had my ang pows printed last time
happy.gif
Got a cute picture of traditional married couple with our names imprinted on the ang bows. They are not cheap but small and cute. The children love the ang pows, ha ha
lol.gif

Think you can have 3 kids with C-section if I'm not wrong, don't worry. Let nature takes its own course. Your back injury may have recovered by then
happy.gif

Hi Flower Power,

I also MIA for a while
lame.gif

I never dare to use tampon, don't know why. I tried to insert before but dun know how and have never used it, so that's why gynae didn't send me for vaginal scan, I think
happy.gif

You know, I also have the same thought. How nice if I can strike ToTo or the big sweep but I never buy any leh.

I went to a renovation shop (dunno why I can't type its name here) at Novena Square and was rather impressed with their design. You may like to surf their website
http://www.s-creative.com.sg/
The designer told me to bring the layout of our house for them to design and give us a quotation (no charges, foc) but we haven't done so. You may like to go and see, think the price very reasonable.
There are quite a few companies listed in another website which I haven't visited but some can estimate the cost for you. Some companies giving promotional package too. Let me check out the website address and let u know
happy.gif

I left near a LRT in a 5-rm flat in Sengkang. Will be very near you next time
happy.gif

You must be excited in your wedding preparation. Saw Ted Wu in many of the bridal magazines, like the wedding gowns designed by Ted Wu too
happy.gif

I will reply ur email asap
happy.gif

aeina,
I just had a craving for chocolates, and remembered chocolates is in the list of food to avoid too cos it contains caffeine. Anyway, I had a small piece to ease my craving
happy.gif

Hi ULN & Daisylove,

Thanks for your encouragement. Let's hope all of us here who are ttc-ing will have our wish comes true very soon.
Can anyone share with me more about fibroids development? Is that true that it will grow in multiples or there are cases that only one exisiting? Our womb is able to accomodate a baby and fibroid together? I can't imagine that our tummy is real big if really pregnant??

Hi ULN,

I have also signed up for the 18 Dec talk and sent a cheque over to them. Did u receive any confirmation slip from them? I don't even know if they receive my cheque leh? Should I call to find out?
happy.gif

Hi Flower,

I've sent u my AD photographer's no. thru email. Will email to you tonight
happy.gif

Hi Woofy,

you are welcome. I'm not very sure abt fibroids but I can do some research and update you when I have the information. In the meantime, cheer up and stay happy always. There are really cases that women with fibroids still able to conceive
happy.gif

Hi woofy,
Fibroids grow with the hormones, estrogen. Not to scare you, but from my gynae's book, fibroids grow in multiples. During my very first ultrasound, only two fibroids are found (done by a gynae). Then in my second ultrasound which is about a month later, 6 fibroids are found (by a radiographer). After the third ultrasound, I went for the surgery and D&C. After the surgery, my gynae found 12 fibroids in total. There are two types, one with root and one without root. Mine have roots which means recurrence is very high. Or rather they will grow back.
Our womb is "expandable", so can accommodate a baby and fibroids. Maybe more stretchmarks, I guess... What matters is whether the baby will outgrow the fibroids. There will be competition between the baby and fibroids for blood. The baby need blood to grow, so do the fibroids. During pregnancy, it is very risky to remove subserosal fibroids cos the risk of losing too much blood is very high. I lost a lot of blood during the surgery cos my fibroids are too big. I had blood transfusion and still not enough.
You touch your tummy, it's soft without bones in front rite? Imagine the tummy just expand outwards. There's almost unlimited space for the tummy to expand outwards. When I was pregnant, one of the opinion I got was to remove the baby by c-section at 28 weeks (premature) if the baby did survive that long. So far, those I know with fibroids will go through c-section prematurely.

Hi Daisylove,
I did not receive any confirmation slip. I think you give them a call to make sure they have received it. I went to the previous talks, but no confirmation slip. Just go there, tell them your name and get a goodie and information bag...

Hi Daisy Love,
Wow.. our situation very similar leh. Before my cyst ruptured, i already experienced pains. I went to 2 hospitals but none detect my problem. All thot i got infection and put me under monitor. Until the 3rd week of horrible pain - (Oh yes, the pains lasted 3 weeks and extended to my thigh... i was limping, i m taking 10 pain killers a day.), i was running fever, vomitting and in cold sweat then the doc admitted me to NUH - A & E. They did a scan but cyst already ruptured so can't see anything. So they cut me out. Instead of a 2 hours operation, i was in the threate for at least 6hrs. When i woke up to catch a glimpse of clock, i was still on the table after 6 hours. My sister told me that i was only pushed out after 6hrs plus. Nway, i got my life back. Then again, i was detected with a new cyst one yr later. sigh.... now with fibroid too. I m still suffering with great pain but not that horrible compared to my ruptured cyst. I m still taking mc frequently and my colleagues and boss always wonder what is wrong with me. Sometimes, i wanna to quit if i can afford. I m a very diligent person and i also hate the feeling that i m nothing but a burden to the company.
sad.gif

I also practices yoga until i got abnormal pain last yr. After scanning, the gynae told me it is unknown mass and wanna to cut me again. gosh... it is a nitemare, one after and another. I insisted to do a MRI, and concluded it is hydrosalpinx, and i need not operation but no medication either. i ve to continue to suffer in pain until it went away. Nway, hydrosalpinx is is a blocked, dilated, fluid-filled fallopian tube. The pain went away after i took chinese medication. Now this yr, i m diagnosed with fibriod.
sad.gif

HI Ulu,
I didn't know that caffine is out of list. i must drink 2 cups of coffee a day and i love chocolate. sob sob...
sad.gif
Nway, i ve gone to see a Chinese physician and she told me that i must refrain from water melons. Proven she is right cos after eating water melons, i would experience pain. Have u gone to see any chinese sin seh before huh??

Hi aeina,

I agree with ULN that diet sld help u. I was also told by my gynae to avoid cold drinks cos they are known to cause clots. If u are abt two weeks away from the start of ur menses, u sld avoid cold drinks completely. I religiously practice this and the clots are less nowadays. With the pills I'm taking now, minimal pain is experienced.

Since u say that endo is worsen by stress, then u sld not dwell further on whether u are a burden to your company. You do not choose to be ill or to have endo so dun give yourself unnecc pressure. Just do your best and take MC or leave when necc to rest. To be honest, ur situation sounds serious. Have u ever tot of talking to your boss abt your condition so that they can beta understd? I talk to my boss before cos she asked me why I am hugging a water bottle once a month and if I am suffering from painful periods. She recommended me a gynae her niece goes to. I think when u are honest, sometimes the bosses appreciate it and will also understd u beta and not hold misconceptions towards u which is unfair. If your boss is male, maybe u can try to tell your intermediate boss if she's lady.

Have u tried acupuncture? I heard it helps (at least I see from TV)... Some of my frens go for massages to allievate the pain. For me, I go for massage at Qimantra (heard alot of TCS actresses also go to them) to solve my shoulder, waist and feet aches. Somehow, my menstrual cramps also felt better nowadays.

I still believe in doin exercise to strengthen muscles on the back. Maybe u can speak to your doc to see what type of exercise u are suited to do. Exercise causes the body to release a hormone that relieves stress.

When u said u have side -effects with taking pills, wat side effects are u exactly refering to? Did u try other pills? Pills is basically a mixture of progesterone and estrogen (both female hormones) and diff pills have diff % of each hormone which evokes diff reactions in diff people. I was advised by my gynae to try another pill if I am not suited to take the 1st one she recommended but I was fortunate to take the low dosage pill very well. If u have tried various brands and it din work for u, then I gues pills is not the way to go for u.

Hi babysheep,

It's easy to say to u but try not to lose sleep over the fibroid. I discovered my 1st cyst when I was 17 years old and my fibroid when i was 23. Life goes on. The more u stress over it, the worse it gets. Take things in stride and tell yourself u will handle them as they come. My fibroid is still there and have signs of calcification as it has been 'dormant' since i discovered it. Mine is 2cm and has not grown, which is great news for my gynae, hubby and I. You sld just continue life as normal, keep a positive outlook, b happy and monitor your fibroids as recommended by your gynae. Fibroids will never go away naturally and i gues the only option is to live with them, whether we like it or not...

I always believe that the will to recover and counter difficulties is the best way to combat illness. Lets cheer each other on to conquer our pain. I suffered painful periods that cause me to faint, go weak in the knees for so many years that I could not exactly remember (at least 12 years) but I still manage to find a way to allievate it. If one gynae cannot help, get 2nd opinion and continue on. There must be someone who can help somewea.

Hi Woofy, welcome to join us! Glad u found it informative. I was very glad to have found Daisylove and ULN initially and share with one another wat we know and find answers to wat we dun know. Whats most impt is that we support each other! =)

For fibroids, u are right to say that they dun grow alone but fibroids are usu harmless unless they are of a certain size and shows signs of growth or change in shape. The ultrasound cld have picked up one just becos the rest are too small to be seen. This is why ULN says that when patients go thru laparascopy, the gynae will usu end up finding more fibroids than wat they saw.

Fibroids does not equal endometrosis. My SIL has fibroids but no endo at all. Fibroids is just a growth and a growth at diff parts of the body are called by diff names and those in the womb are called fibroids. They can be begnin or cancerous. The crux is to monitor their development once detected, so that there is reaction time. Growth can be very fast, so monitor frequently is your best bet to knowing its progress.

The womb is a muscular organ and can hold up to 4 babies, so I'm sure a baby and cyst wun be a problem. As answered by ULN, the cyst and baby fights for blood and nutrients and some fibroids attached themselves to the placenta.

I have a personal example to share with u which I find heartening. My cousin now in Pri 6 was born together with a fibroid. She is a 10pound baby. My aunt cld hardly walk during her last trimester and when she went for a C section, the doc was shocked to see such a large fibroid. Not only was my cousin unharmed, she fought for nutrients and won the fibroid challenge! The tests on the fibroid showed tat its begnin but as my aunt took alot of good food during her pregnancy, it encouraged the fibroid's growth. So pls dun give up hope.

My gynae told me tat many ladies with endo have concieved naturally successfully so dun lose heart. One point she stressed is that ladies with endo or fibroid growth will take a longer time to concieve as there is less 'fertile' surface on the uterus to receive the fertilised egg, hence causing some egg to not get implanted. The more fibroids u have, the less the surface area. I read once that ladies with fibroids usu have 25% lower chances of concieving compared to normal ladies and would usu take up to a year of trying to get pregnant. Perhaps we just have to be patient..

I am not trying for a child yet cos I have not gone thru my customary which will only be end next year. Even after that, I'll prefer to have 2 years to assess my hubby before starting a family. I have many colleagues and frens who are divorced or abandoned with young children. I just want to be more sure so that the risk of making a child a victim of incomplete family is lower. I'm very paranoid right?? Haha....

Hi Daisylove, thanks for all the recommendations and replying my email. I will check it later. U seemed very busy with work lately. Some huge project u working on?? Its a low season for me cos loads of people are on holiday. Good time for me to skive before the year end comes ard.

Looks like we are staying in neighbouring estates next time! I sld move into my love nest in Nov05.. heehee... I am staying near to the LRT line, within walking distance to the punggol 'shopping centre'...

Yes u are right that I am very excited abt my 1st meeting with Ted and also designing the gowns and foto shoot. Those are my memories to last a lifetime, so I would want it to be nothing less than perfect. I love embriodery gowns, esp those using sliver threads... =)

ULN, the word here is delegate! Good that u got your list up, next is to pioritise them and see who can trust to do some of them for u. Maybe some to a trusted fren and some to hubby and even sis! When u are getting married, people ard u are always full of ideas and advise that u may find frustrating at times. This i can completely comprehen but relax is a must. U only have 24 hrs a day... u work 9 hrs and sleep 8hrs, how many hrs left for u to do so much?

As for your sis and mum asking u to do things, see if u cld reject them politely by telling them that u have alot to see to and if these matters are not urgent, whether u cld see to them after u get married or are they necc in view of the short time?

Dun get stress over the hse lor. Arrangements can always be made to stay separately after customary while u two wait for the home to be ready. Its perfectly fine and I've many many frens who opted that arrangement as opposed to moving 2x. for example if u move in with ur hubby and the move again to new hse. Very exhausting, i feel.

Take care and take everything a step at a time. Remember that a step per day will lead u to the final destination, draw up a realistic timetable wat u need to get done and by when and try to stick to it as far as possible. This may make u less anxious and stressed.

Hi ULN,

oh in that case, doesn't matter. I will go and report my name
happy.gif

You must be really busy now. Remember to drink lotsa water to keep urself hydrated and eat lotsa vege & fruits to provide u with the necessary vit
happy.gif

I can understand how u feel now. Everyone around you will be as excited and tend to suggest or do things which may irritate u at this moment. My mum was rather influenced by my aunt and wanted things to go the way I did not like, you know lah, those traditional custom thingo. However, when I think back, I really apprepriate them, strange but it's true. My mum gave me a music box with the phoenix (those Jap design) but I thought it looked lau tu but now I love it so much, dun understand why too but I realise she loved her music box given by my grandma too but when I was very young, I played with it and might have damaged hers
lame.gif

I don't really like gold and when my mum gave me her whole set of gold with diamonds, again I found it lau tu and rejected her. I got her so upset and there was a time during the wedding preparation, I felt that my mum and relatives just didn't understand what I really wanted. However, in order not to upset her, I accepted her jia zhuang. Now, occasionally, I will open the box of jewellery to appreciate the set of gold although still feel that it's wasted with me but I know I will pass down to my daughter next time
lol.gif

So, no matter how frustrated you may be now is due to the stress that ur wedding is just next mth and people are "forcing" you to do things you may not have wished but do enjoy the whole process. It's once in a lifetime event and your family and relatives mean well, at least I only understand now but it's not too late, hee hee
happy.gif

Hi Flower,

I am rather busy, have a project going on which will end in Feb 05
happy.gif

I have sent you some sample pictures taken during my actual day. They can't represent the whole lot I have but these are some that I like. I hope to send you more but the process too tedious ah, can't attach so many as the file will be too big to be sent. Hee hee, at least I send 10 pics, should be enough for you to see if you wanna get Steven
happy.gif

If my love next comes before Nov 05 and I'm able to get it renovated in time, I may be able to move in by end of next year too. We'll be so close
happy.gif
What about ULN?

That's right, Ted Wu is very good in designing embriodery gowns and they are beautiful, aren't they? My wedding gown is rather simple, no embriodery but I have simple embriodery on my ROM gown and the kua has silver and gold embriodery on red, hee hee
lame.gif

You still have time to prepare your wedding, so don't rush into things, choose the perfect gown for yourself
happy.gif

Hi Aeina,

for my case, I was operated the same day I was sent to the hospital. The doctor rushed into wanting to operate me, kept assuring that it was appendicitis. However, I didn't suffer much compared to you. Although it was a wrong diagnosis and also stubborness of my doctor who refused to do scanning for me, at least mine was settled in one day while you moved to 2 hospitals and did not have the surgery done immediately.

Cheer up, Aeina. Like what Flower has mentioned, may be you shld tell your boss your medical condition and seek his / her understanding. I told my boss and explained why I took MCs too. Glad that she can understand better now and even advise me to see a gynae.

The 3 important things you must observe to reduce recurrence and pain during menses, at least these are what I'm doing and have good results so far: (1) Have a balanced and nutritional diet, (2) Exercise regularly and (3) Keep your mind relaxed and stress free as much as possible and engage in more motivational and relaxing activity
happy.gif

Another thing that my gynae ever told me. Endometriosis could also be hereditary. My grandma and my mum have it and I have it too. I'm rather worried for my daughter (if I have any in future) but at least I know that I will feed her with enough information and guide her from young how to prevent or reduce it, esp not to be stressed in unnecessary relationship problems which I faced last time and I believe have caused my endometriosis to worsen.

Now, I'm glad I'm more positive and I'll make sure I remain this way. You too, cheer up and look on the bright side. Things always go smoothly when we are more relaxed
happy.gif

Hi gals,

I copied this portion on FIBROIDS from 'The British Medical Association - Complete Family Health Encyclopedia'. Hope it helps you understand more about it. Although it mentions that the age group for females having fibroids is most often in women aged 35 to 45, I think in this modern world where we women are so proned to so much stress, it's no surprise that females in their reproductive age between 20 - 30 also have fibroids.

FIBROID
A benign tumour of the uterus. Fibroids consist of smooth muscle bundles and connective tissue that grow slowly within the uterine wall. As a fibroid enlarges, it may grow within the muscle so that the uterine cavity is distored, or it may protrude from the uterine wall into the uterine cavity but remain attached by a stalk. Fibroids may be as small as a pea or as large as a grapefruit, and there may be one or more of them.

INCIDENCE AND CAUSE
Fibroids are among the most common tumours, occurring in about 20% of women over 30. They appear most often in women aged 35 to 45 and seldom before the age of 20.

The cause of fibroids is unknown but it is thought to be related to an abnormal response to oestrogen hormones. Oral conceptratives containing oestrogen can cause fibroids to enlarge, as can pregnancy. Decreased oestrogen production after the menopause usually causes them to shrink.

SYMPTOMS
In many cases, there are no symptoms, especially if a fibroid is small. If a fibroid grows and errodes the lining of the uterine cavity, it may cause heavy or prolonged menstrual periods; severe bleeding can lead to iron deficiency anaemia. Large fibroids may exert pressure on the bladder, causing discomfort or frequent passing of urine, or on the bowel, causing backache or constipation. Occasionally, a fibroid attached to the uterine wall becomes twisted and causes a sudden pain in the lower abdomen. Fibroids that distort the uterine cavity may be responsible for recurrent miscarriage or infertility.

DIAGNOSIS
Symptomless fibroids are often discovered during a routine pelvic examination. When fibroids are thought to be the cause of menstrual disturbances or responsible for other symptoms, ultrasound scanning can confirm the diagnosis.

TREATMENT
Small, symptomless fibroids usually require no treatment but regular examinations may be necessary to determine whether they are growing. Surgery is required for fibroids that cause serious symptoms or complications. A hysterectomy (removal of the uterus) is sometimes considered if there are large numbers of fibroids. Myomectomy (shelling out the fibroid from its capsule) saves the uterus and is another alternative.

I've drawn a picture to show you the possible location of fibroids. Sorry, my picture is a bit ugly
lame.gif

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msword.gif

Location of Fibroids.doc (30.7 k)</td></tr></table></center>

H aeina,
I have not seen any chinese sin seh. I am still on medication from my gynae and I dun wan the medicines to clash and cause some undesirable effects. I might see one if I really cannot conceive.

I just remembered last nite, white bread also cannot eat much. Best to eat rye bread, wheat bread, but not plain white one. It is good to eat potato and sweet potato.

Last nite I went out with my sis and we ate potato chips. After a while, I suddenly feel pain in my lower abdomen
sad.gif
. It is very salty but my mouth itching for food... Then I stopped eating... Dunno is that the cause
sad.gif

Oh yes, cold drinks are no no too. Nowadays, when I go out, I only drink soya bean milk or milo or horlick. Sip of coffee and coke sometimes.

Up till now since my surgery, I dare not go for massages. I scared increased blood flow during my menses since now I am still anaemic.

Flower Power, are you sure there's calcification? Not to alarm you but I read from my gynae's book about fibroids turning cancer. There will be calcification first then infection then cancer. The percentage of fibroids becoming cancer is very very slim. But calcification of fibroid is not a good sign.

Fibroids can become smaller, but not disappear. There's a chance that fibroids can become cancerous, but it is very slim.

Flower Power,
Thank you for your advice...

Alamak... I running out of time liao.. late for appointment liao.. my heartbeat getting faster... gotta go... I will come back and read on Monday...

Take care gals... and have a nice weekend... I will be having a busy and running around weekend...

Hi ULN,

Thanks for the advise. Dun worry abt scarring me cos I was 17 when my doc told me I am suspected of having cancer but the results showed that the cyst is begnin. I will check with my gynae again next visit to confirm my understanding. Will update u ladies too... Sld I feel unwell, will go before next Oct when my appt is due.

No problem abt the advise, just try to control the stress level. A healthy person is someone with physical health, mental health, emotional health and social health. They are inter -related and so try to balance them.

May u have a fruitful weekend and manage to get alot of things done. =)

Hi Daisylove,

Thanks for the fotos. You look lovely! I have replied your email. I'm definitely considering Steven. Will show hb the fotos and probably arrange to meet Steven. I find his charges very reasonable. Thanks for recommending!

I love your kua, so u got them from bridal concept? I notice that ur gown is plain but it complements u very well, which is what is most impt. I love embriodery, which makes Ted my obvious choice for wedding gown designer.

Thanks for sharing on fibroids and I recall reading something like this too. Just cannot remember wea. I intend to invest in a good book on endo to understd more. =) If u already hold any books, pls tell me cos me dun want to buy the same one. This way, we have more varied sources.

I tot ur drawing quite well done leh... I added a few more labels and have attached the amended pic -> <center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msword.gif

Female reproductive Syst.doc (34.3 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Hope u ladies can see...

Hello gals,
I just got a breather to pop in and read. I got me wedding cards inserts from the printer last nite... Guess what, I was so careless to bring a laptop home without a battery and the charger!

Hi Daisylove
I am quite busy nowadays. I try to drink lots of water when I remember
happy.gif
Toking about eating lots of vegetables... On Friday I finished the laxative that my doc prescribed and I did not have time to go back to the clinic and buy some and I was constipated though I ate a lot of vegetables and fruits
sad.gif

My love nest is in Ang Mo Kio
happy.gif
. NOt very far from you all if I have a car...

Daisylove can share with me your photos for AD? I am looking for a photographer for my AD. I will be choosing a new gown for my AD this Wednesday. Hopefully there will be one that I like.

Aeina,
I can understand the feeling of one surgery after another. Sometimes I ask myself how come I got so many problems with my health. My first surgery was on the spine. That was a shock to me and it took me one and half years to recover to feel no more pain. Then I had another minor surgery for swollen lymph node. Next was removal of fibroids. I think next might be piles... I dare not see a doc for that yet and sometimes it bleed quite a lot till the toilet bowl is red... sigh... so many problems hor? I just gotta take it as it comes...

Flower Power,
Yours is subserosal. Mine too. There are one or two more types of fibroids that you have not included in the picture... I also feel like buying a book on endo and fibroids so that I can have some reference whenever I want.

K gotta go....

Hi gals,
It is really good to have u all to encourage me. I m so touched. In fact, not many people understand. Sometimes, i talked to my female frieds and relatives and they will said get married and start family soon. Is it not that i didn't want to start family but i also know i might ve problem conceiving. Worse still, i m scare that i will experience pain even for making out with my future husband.

My boss is pretty understanding but i m working in a male environment. It made things even harder for me to explain. My boss is very nice but always urge me to do something with my health. Sigh.... i ve done my best. I ve seen gynae every few mths. Got for chinese sin seh too. Except for my favourite coffee, i don't touch soft drinks at all. In fact, my sin seh said can't eat water melon (my fav fruit) and i didn't touch it. I also realise i can't drink certain flower teas as it will cause pain. i ve also refrained from that.

sometimes, i feel so hopeless. I wanna to achieve so much in life yet i m bonded to such illness and can't go far. Looking at my friends around who ve became very successful in their career, i can't help but envy them. I always think if only my health is better, i can do more things.

Sigh... enuff of my whining.. but glad u all lend me a listening ear. I will cheer up and be positive. Thank u all.

Hi Aeina,

don't let this affect your decision to get married. I was once like you, fearing that I might have problem conceiving and even told my husband (bf then) that I would not want to get married. I knew I would regret giving him up but the thought of not able to give him a child made me feel so helpless. However, with his encouragment, assurance and love, I gave up my selfish thought. Yes, he said I was being selfish for wanting to give him up. He does not mind not having our own kid (of course, we will try our best first
happy.gif
) and will adopt one if we've exhausted all methods of conceiving. What I want to say to you is.... Don't give up. If you do find someone who cares and loves you and does not mind not having your own children together, don't give him up. You can still have a happy marriage life
happy.gif

I do experience pain when I BD with my hubby may be due to the scarring left by endometriosis. However, I enjoy the experience of being able to connect with my hubby and the feeling of two become one. Lubricant will ease discomfort, my dear. Not to worry, it will happen naturally but you must conquer your fear first
happy.gif

Try to eat nutritiously, exercise more and keep yourself cheerful. You are fortunate that ur boss is very understanding. You can excel in other areas and I believe you are good in other areas too. Your condition may have affected your career but take good care of yourself and have your condition stabilised and you can always fight to achieve your career later on. What's more important now is your health.

You always have us, we will support one another here. Just hang on and tomorrow is a better day!
happy.gif

Dear Flower,

you are most welcome. I'm glad that you like Steven's shootings style. Most of the pics I sent you were of me &amp; hubby except for one that had our Ah Yis and Buddies who accompanied us for outdoor shooting on our AD. It was really a memorable and fun day. Yours will be too
happy.gif

Yes, I got the kua from Bridal Concept and many of my friends love it too
happy.gif
May be it's not so complicated and I like the embroidery very much. My FIL wanted to see me in kua and hence, when I planned my wedding, I knew that kua is a must as I can only wear it once in my lifetime on my wedding day. I don't have other lobang but I can find out the rental fee from Bridal Concept for you, no obligation
happy.gif
Otherwise, you may like to take a look at the kua available at Ted Wu which is so well-known for their embroideries, they may have better ones!
happy.gif
I'll let you know once I have contacted Bridal Concept.

Thanks for adding more info to my drawing, hee hee
happy.gif
I have that encyclopedia only. Other than that, only loose brochures that talk abt endometriosis. I usually go online to get more info. Next time, I will share the info on endometriosis from that encyclopedia.

I will check my email for your reply. Have you contacted Steven? Take care and I'll write to you again
happy.gif

Hi ULN,

I will be glad to share with you my AD photos. What's your email address?
happy.gif
If you like Steven's skills, you must call him asap to "book" him for your AD as he is very popular (sorry, not trying to be boosting but he's really good)
happy.gif
My email address is [email protected]

Your constipation may be due to wedding preparation stress and no time to visit the loo leh. I also sufferred from constipation for the past 2 days. Luckily, I finally went to relieve myself this morning
lame.gif
You may want to drink 2 big glasses of water and wait, that's my tips
happy.gif

Which bridal studio are you with? I'm always so excited when I hear abt marriage and wedding
happy.gif
You must choose your gown patiently, don't let anyone rush you. You'll definitely find one you like
happy.gif

Ang Mo Kio doesn't seem too far. Is your love nest ready for you to move in after your AD in Jan 05?

I know you will be busy till your AD but do remember to eat well, drink more water and rest well to be a pretty bride that day, my dear
happy.gif
Take care and hope my tips solve your constipation problem
happy.gif

Hi Flower,

this is the website I wanted to post to you:
You can go to http://www.hbay.com.sg

For design and build companies:
http://hbay.com.sg/apps/php/listings/paneltray.php

You can pay slightly more to get the renovation works done by one of the companies you select to be audited. I've gone to see some of the porfolio of the companies online, some very impressive, some are ordinary, may be because the website not uploaded with their recent photos or something. It's best to call and visit a few of the companies you are interested to make a comparison. Some have promotional package, don't rush, choose wisely
happy.gif

You can also take a look at the initial website I recommended you. The company is situated at Novena Square:
http://www.s-creative.com.sg/

Good luck!
happy.gif

Hi all

Before i came here, there was someone by the name of 'blurqueen' trying to find out support grp. I have guided her here. Hope she will join us soon... =)

Hi aeina,

u are most welcome. I, like yourself, cannot find any frens or relatives who have endo to confide in. They cannot understd why i created a big fuss abt my pain until the day i passed out on Day 1 of my menses. Thats when my mum felt that something must be terribly wrong. I was rushed to the nearest clinic. I recall so clearly trying to get out of the toilet but i cldn't see a thing. I was semi-conscience despite I had fallen to the ground and cld hear my mum screaming for my dad and crying when she got no response after she shook &amp; called me. It's in times like these that u know how much your parents love u and how it would hurt them sld u give up on yourself. Endo is not a terminal illness, so pls dun give up.

I am very weak since very young thou so far no surgery is involved. I was warded for jaundice when I was a few weeks old, and at 5 was warded for pheumonia. I went in again at 13 for pheumonia again. Thereafter I developed a skin allery that tortured me for years as i cldn't sleep at nite. Soon after it was the cramps from endo that got worse thru my sec sch years. I asked myself many times why I have to suffer so much and I envy other girls who are so care-free but I've learnt to cherish life as u only live once. If others can combat cancer and other terminal illnesses, we sld show the same braverly towards anything that comes our way.

I agree with Daisylove that u sld not give up on marriage, kids and a loving family. I like Daisylove, wanted to break off with my bf (now hubby aso) when i know he adore kids but I was told that I may have problems conceiving. I cried and felt so useless. When I suggested break up, my bf then told me that I am being very selfish to just want to dump him when I mean more than any # of children. He said he is open to adoption and not having children is not the end of the world. When u find the right man, he will be the man who will support u and encourage u to overcome your problems. If me and Daisylove cld find a man to support us, u can too.. There are more woman with endo then we think and honestly some woman have problem concieving even thou they dun have endo, so there is always hope for us.

As for pain during intercourse, lets just say that I felt no pain on the 1st try? So this is individual... And with so many lubricants in the mkt, sure u can find one good enough to serve your purpose, if necc... Otherwise, more foreplay is recommended... Hubby must be more patient lah...

We are glad that u would join us here and share with us what u went thru. Initially when its just ULN, Daisy and myself, we wanted to set up a support grp as we, like u, also cld not find pple who understd our condition and we hope to offer support to others too.

Good nite and dun worry too much. As long as u can control the illness, life can still be normal and enriching.

Hi ULN,

There is another type of fibroid tat extends into the uterus area (sorry me dun know name) but failed to draw them as they turned out looking like hairs in the drawing.. Me not very gifted in art... Always got C back in school...

Maybe u cld improve on it and send to us? Sld I find a good book, will let u know.. That is if u dun mind getting the same. There will be an MPH sale at EXPO in Jan 05... maybe can grab some bargains then =)

As for constipation, I had an ex colleage who has irritable bowel syndrome and due to the slower than normal intestinal contractions, she suffers from chronic constipation (nvr even do big biz once a week, quite pitiful hor). She is ok now after taking quaker oats (must buy the old man brand one). Take it every morning with fruits like banana, strawberry, prunes or other of your favourite fruits and u sld see improvement in a month or so. Since she started on oats meal, she does not have constipation anymore. She has taken fybrogel, prune juice, lotsa vege, lotsa water and din work. U can try as long as u dun have a phobia for oats.

Hope it will help u...

Hi Daisylove,

I have yet to call Steven cos me busying trying to find ID so that I cld start reno early next year. Already told hubby and he is keen to meet him after seeing your AD fotos.. =)

Wah, thanks for helping me call bridal concept. Yah pls let me know the rental charges and the person I sld contact from there so that I wun be 'robert' when I go there. I will ask Ted Wu side too but scared very expensive... $$ no enough now..

Thanks for all the web links, I will surf them tmr. I didn't know u cld 'audit' those companies.. wow... I will enquire the charges and see if I want to do it. Thanks for the info.

I went EXPO today to the Reno fair. Met an ID I quite fancy but want to see more. Also saw some pretty bed frames and sofa! Surprisingly, that already took me 3 hrs!! I am very busy calculating the costs and at the same time also very excited building my love nest! =) Its back to work tmr... Sianz... Dun wori, me taking my time to find a good ID... I know its impt to find someone trustworthy and comfortable to work with. Afterall I am going to be struck there for a good 10 years or so...

Feel free to drop me a personal email anytime. I check my email once every 2-3 days. Look fwd to your reply. Hope u not too busy with the projects u are involved in. Rem not to stress urself out yah? Health is most impt. All the riches in the world cannot buy u health..

Btw ladies, there will be a metro sale after xmas starting fro 26 Dec, so those of u wanna stock up on toiletries and cosmetics, can wait till then yah?? Some $$ saving tips.... I use Biotherm skincare and PN/Lancome cosmetics, so will go buy during then.

Hi aeina,
I too wanna be successful in my career and paper chase. Sometimes I tell myself that life is not just career and paper chase. There's more to it. Life is vulnerable and short, and therefore, I gotta cherish what I have. Seeing and reading about people from the poor countries, we are very fortunate beings on earth. At least we do not need to go through starvation and thirst.
Try to think positive Aeina. It will help your condition. I know it is difficult, but gotta try. I find it difficult too. Sometimes my mind will wander to the negative side, but I try to think positive. I realise I cannot escape reality. I gotta be strong to face reality cos I can only escape it for a while, but not long.
I always tell myself this: "Learn from the past, live in the present, then plan for the future". Dun worry about the pain next time. Tell yourself, there will be no problem at all. I do not experience the pain. Just try to relax and DUN tell yourself it will hurt, then it will not hurt. The more worried and scared you are, the worse it will be. Let's be strong togather ok?
happy.gif

Hi Daisylove,
I am with Z Wedding, which is at Tanjong Pagar.
happy.gif
I will be selecting my photos tonight. Hope it will turn out well. Finger crossed that I will not top up for the extra photos. I already got an album with 60 photos which I took in China last year.

My love nest will be ready to move in before my wedding. I am trying to get the contractor to finish up the work by this week cos my furnitures are coming next Tuesday. So I have been quite busy with running around, preparing the love nest and the wedding. I just got my inserts. I have not got my card yet, but very excited to see the outcome. My mother-in-law said the inserts are very nice
happy.gif
. My sis designed my inserts and card for me. Now I gotta buy a pen to write the names.
happy.gif
It's a bit rush cos my parents will be going up to Penang to give out the invites this weekend. Oh yes, gotta buy ribbons to tie the cards too. My mother-in-law was saying I will need a lot of time tying them... My sis asked me to ask my mother-in-law to help me to tie! errr...... I dare not ask her to do things for me....

Yesterday morning, I just bought the things for my "guo da li"
happy.gif
. Really interesting and fun to see all the different designs.

I bought the laxative my gynae prescribed from a pharmacy already
happy.gif
. I know it's no good, but I think I better take for the time being...

Hi Flower,

no problem, we'll be glad to have blurqueen with us. This is the purpose of our support group
happy.gif

Think I must also visit the expo ID exhibition. Any idea when it will end?
happy.gif

Used to have Metro discount card, too bad it expires already but will still drop by to see what I can grab, thanks for the info!
happy.gif

Hi ULN,

I hope you are feeling much better now. Take good care
happy.gif

Sometimes, I think it's the will power to get something accomplished. So dun tell yourself that becos of the illness, you cannot accomplish what you want. As what Flower Power has mentioned, endo is not a terminal illness. I have a cousin with breast cancer and she still remains happy and do what she wants and eat what she likes, but not in abundance. She took care of herself very well. The key is to take care.

Just to share, I found this website: http://www.fibroids.net/html/frameset.htm
Hope it will provide something useful for you gals.

Flower Power, I think that is called endometrial polyps. I ate oatmeal in the morning for breakfast too. But not daily though. Last time, I just need to drink a bottle of water in the morning and wait for a while, then can liao.. but now, without laxative, it does not help...
I do agree with you, wealth cannot buy health...
Hey, I am using Biotherm skincare too.
happy.gif

Thank u so much. I m happy to have u all here. Actually, i nearly wanna to break off with my bf. He is very good to me and what he has done and said has deeply touched me. We r planning to get married next yr. However, sometimes, i m still very scare.... I always ask myself "what if"... "what if".... I know it is not rite to think so much. my bf said my flaw is i worried so much.. sigh...

I realise some of us are borned weaker than other. Myself has heart murmur and asthma. I was told taking too much anti-biotics can cause fibriod. However, with my heart murmur, i ve to take a lot of antibiotics to prevent infection to my heart even on dental check up. When i extracted my wisdom tooth, i have to take 12 anti-biotic a dose, and 3 doses a day. gosh... i guess all that constitutes to all my problem. I m going for my check up soon. Hope i don't ve to go thru under the knife. my previous operation hurted a lot. Probably my skin healing power isn't as good as other.. was havign a bit of infection even though i ate so much anti-biotics.

Hi aeina,
You gotta be strong ok? Try not to think too much in advance. Take thing as it comes. I know it is difficult, but gotta try
happy.gif
Up till now I went under the knife 3 times already. Two were major ones. They all hurt a lot. My last operation was to remove the fibroids plus my baby. It hurt very much physically and emotionally. But I am on the path to recovering from the physical and emotional pain
happy.gif

Sometimes, I think it is very difficult not to think too much... but gotta try... This morning, I was quite emotional. My menses is late and I am worried I will be pregnant again
sad.gif
. I dare not go and see my gynae. I will try to gain my courage and go see him soon...

Hello gals,

Thanks to Flower for directing me here. Really blur :p

I don't have endo but I have heavy menses. My menses is regular and also have blood clots, need to change pad every 2-3 hr for 2nd to 3rd day, machiam jiagar toilet bowl. Always make me very tired and affecting my work and social life. 1 year ago, been to gynae and found that I have thickened lining. The gynae told us that it would be difficult to get pregnant and the possibility is just 1%. Was given a choice to either to go on medication(some hormone pills) for 3 months ie. no menses while on medication or try to conceive, since we were married only for couple of months. My hubby wanted very much to have a baby so we opted for the latter. 2 months later, I was pregnant, we were delighted, didn't expect that it could happen so soon. And I have 9 months freed of menses, no need to run toilet
happy.gif
My baby is now 4 months old. However, my menses is now still as heavy, nightmare is back again. Looks like I have to visit my gynae soon..
sad.gif

I do have a friend who has endo,done surgery to remove many fibroids and later gave birth to a healthy gal. For those who are TCC, don't give up, keep trying.

Glad to find this support group where we could share our experience and info.

Hi ULN,

I've heard of Z Wedding at Tanjong Pagar, heard that they have nice design of wedding gowns! Happy selecting your photos. Tell you what, you will definitely select extra as it's just too irrestible when you see those beautiful photos, will burn the pocket a hole
biggrin.gif
Last time, hubby and myself also said we must be firm and select at most 40 photos but in the end, we selected 90+ photos! Well, our excuse to friends who said we were too silly to spend so much on photos was 'Ai ya, it's once in a lifetime lah'. Wow, you got the chance to go China to take wedding photos for your album. That is really wonderful! China has one of the most beautiful sceneries, so envy leh
happy.gif

I always admire couples who get their love nest ready before they get married. It's a lot of effort, time and work! Just preparing for the wedding is tedious enough, imagine you and Flower have to rush the renovation and furnishing of the house before your big day! However, it's all worth it, it's going to be your sweet heaven with hubby and the wonderful feeling of er ren shi jie
happy.gif
I only have my house next year end, have to wait patiently for this day
happy.gif

Is your sis a designer or someone very gifted in arts? Hee, you are so lucky to get her to specially design your insert for you
happy.gif
Yes, you will need a lot of time to tie the insert to the card, so you better buy the pen and at least write the names on the inserts first. I remember I was struggling with the cards and inserts and I was so tired that I fell asleep while I was doing half way. My poor mother, brother and hubby had to continue with the work I left!
lol.gif
It's an art to tie as you need to tie in such a way that the string lies nice on the insert and not too loose. After that you need to cut a length that is just nice such that the two ends poke out of the card neatly, then you fold the ends before you put the card into an envelope. If you are sending some cards by post, still need to get the address ready and write on the cards, paste the stamps and take the trouble to mail, woo... a lot of work hor, so cannot do last minute, remember
happy.gif

Don't u agree that the 'guo da li' stuff are so interesting? Though I never got the chance to shop and buy as my mum and aunt bought for me, when I saw them, I was amazed. They were so interesting that on my 'guo da li' day, I took a camera and took pictures of the stuff so that I can show to my daughter (hopefully have lah) next time
lol.gif

ULN, I know you are busy right now, so you take the laxatives to solve your bowel problem but let this only be temporary. When you have time to breathe, do see a doctor. Sad to say, endometriosis can affect the intestines area and sometimes can affect our bowel system. If not, it may be some colon problem which needs colonoscopy to check, so must have a proper check up after your wedding ok?
happy.gif

In the meantime, it's your big and special day that is coming very soon, just next month! Enjoy every moment of your wedding preparation!
happy.gif

Drink lotsa water, eat lotsa fruits &amp; vegetables
happy.gif
Opps, please don't say I sound like an old grandmother, hee hee
lame.gif

Hi Aeina,

I'm really happy to know that you are going to get married next year, thank god, you didn't give up such a nice guy! Don't you find us gals who even though suffer from endometriosis and/or fibroids so fortunate to have found our Mr Right? Someone who doesn't mind and is willing to take good care of us and letting us have a chance to take good care of him, grow old together and nuture the love till the rest of our life, oh, it's just so wonderful and really magical!
happy.gif
With such a nice guy who wants to spend the rest of his life with you, don't disappoint him with your 'what if this and what if that'. Just stay happy and let big problem be resolved to small problem and small problem be resolved to none, in Chinese 'Da shi hua xiao, xiao shi hua wu'. This will be the greatest reward for him
happy.gif

It's true that some are born weaker. I was a prematured baby and was born with a weak heart. After few check ups, the doctor realised I had a hole in my heart and might need an operation. However, I was fortunate that after some medication, the hole closed up and hence escaped the operation when I was still a baby but my colleague's baby was not that lucky, he needed the operation but is now a happy and healthy baby. Everyone of us is different in health and healing power. That is why it's important to stay happy and positive which I believe will boost the inner healing power, then your physical health will slowly improve. I believe that our own emotions and how we think can affect health. Give u an incident. Yesterday was my first day of menses, I didn't have any painful cramps which I am very grateful for. I have been balancing my emotion and reducing my stress and it helped for my first day of menses. It used to be rather bad that I might have to take MC or even be sent to a hospital to have an injection to stop the painful cramps. Last night, however, after doing some shopping with my brother, I wanted to take a cab home to catch the last epidode of the channel 8, 9 pm show (oh dear, I don't even know the title) but hubby called and said he could reach in 10 mins to fetch us. I waited anxiously and as the second tickled by, I grew more and more impatient and more and more anxious as it was 9.30 pm and he still had not reached. I was afraid I might miss the show and started to be angry and stressed out as the time passed. Suddenly, I felt the painful cramps again. I breathed slowly and tried to calm myself down and I realised the impact of stress, anxiety, impatience and anger that could greatly affect our emotion and might cause imbalance of hormones that can ultimately affect our health. In this case, if I stay this way often and never try to change my lifestyle, my endometriosis can be worsen which will be no surprise. Hence the morale of my story is, stay cheerful and have happy thoughts, take things easy and a step at a time
happy.gif

Back