Support for non-vaccinating parents

Valentina_ta

Hi, dear parents.

Could somebody please share a contact of a good GP or/and pediatrician or/and immunologist or any other one who is supportive of vaccinating or at least elective vaccination.

Yes, I know there are 2 vaccinations required by law here and yes I know that there are not many parents who choose not to vaccinate as suggested by hospitals.

I just want to know if anyone understands and can recommend a good doctor who does not impose the heavy vaccination schedule. Please recommend this person only if you had a personal experience with him/her.

Thanks!
Please PM .

Hello,

I am not sure i understood you correct.

In the baby health booklet, there is a listing of compulsory jab that SG baby need to jab. Are you saying that you wanna to skip a few of these compulsory jab? I am not sure by doing so you will be running foul against any of the SG law. i believed this health booklet will be check when your child register for primary school, i think some playgroup registration also need to submit these document. (After every jab, it will be reccorded/stamped by the doctor/nurse in the child health booklet.)

Oh ya, polyclinic offer huge subsidy and made some of these compulsory jabs free for SG baby. Need to make prior appt with them.

There is also a listing of optional jab too, as the name suggest, if you decide to skip every one of these optional jab, it is totally up to parent's decision.

fyi pls

I respect the law and I know what is required and what is not. Only two vaccines are required by law here.

Last edited:
That good. Happy for your baby :)

Vaccination requirement is an interesting topic. 02 x strong opposing camp both having lots of loyalist. Each camp have lots to say why they each of them are more correct then the other. I am sure you will be able to find a great doctor from your preferred camp soon.

Cheers

Thanks for wishes. I believe that each parent makes the best decision for a baby using his heart and brain. As for me, I have quite a mathematical mindset and I have done a thorough research on the subject and concluded that I do not want all vaccines available in the market. Not trying to argue with anyone here.

Agree totally. All parent will give what they deem best for their children. :)

Such topic no need to agree beco until face turn blue and cow come home also will never will be able to have a common viewpoint. Beside, there is really no need for a common view point because all parent will only give what they deem best for their children. Whatever that might be

Cheers :)

Hey valentina, its true that only the diphtheria and measles vaccines are compulsory by law, but it is also true that most childcare centers and primary schools requires the full list of MOH recommended vaccines before accepting the child.
I respect your decision not to vaccinate your child and wish you all the best. However, as a mother, i would like to protect my child too. Unvaccinated children are at risk for vaccine preventable communicable diseases and as a mother (you may or may not believe but that is what I believe based on my research), i would prefer not to expose my child to unvaccinated children. As such, in the future, i hope that you would be a responsible parent and declare your child's unvaccinated status before joining community events like swimming or enrichment classes as such private classes may not check for a child's vaccination status.
I fully respect your choices for your child, hope that you will respect other parents right to limit their children's exposure to unvaccinated children too.

Wishing you all the best!

wish you all the best too.

Hey valentina, its true that only the diphtheria and measles vaccines are compulsory by law, but it is also true that most childcare centers and primary schools requires the full list of MOH recommended vaccines before accepting the child.
I respect your decision not to vaccinate your child and wish you all the best. However, as a mother, i would like to protect my child too. Unvaccinated children are at risk for vaccine preventable communicable diseases and as a mother (you may or may not believe but that is what I believe based on my research), i would prefer not to expose my child to unvaccinated children. As such, in the future, i hope that you would be a responsible parent and declare your child's unvaccinated status before joining community events like swimming or enrichment classes as such private classes may not check for a child's vaccination status.
I fully respect your choices for your child, hope that you will respect other parents right to limit their children's exposure to unvaccinated children too.

Hi keddiay,no offense but i think ure missing the big picture here. The reason why you took the vaccine was because u wanted to protect your child from the diseases,but you prefer not to expose your child to the unvaccinated.You cant vaccinate believing that your child is protected and then feel that your child is not protected because somehow,an unvaccinated child is carrying a secret organism that no one else is carrying,it just doesnt make any sense.Besides,why would an unvaccinated kid be a threat to your kid if youre so sure that vaccine works?

Maybe Valentina is afraid that her child might be "allergic" to some of the jab and develop other more serious problem like autism.

There is some saying in the Internet n even in this forum some Baby was developing fine until they had their MMR jab. Then they started to withdraw into their own world after they had their jab.

Like my son who is now 2 years plus he still can't talk yet n seldom has eye contact, not interested to play w other kids. Now my hubby blame me so kiasu, want to complete the jab on schedule. Instead should delay the jab and waited for his brain to develop first.

I feel so bad now like I the one who caused my son to be like this. But I look back at my son video he was really ok b4 he took the jab. Like "look at the Phone n make sound when I take video", start to have baby talk at 8 months but stop after he had the jab.

Maybe Valentina is afraid that her child might be "allergic" to some of the jab and develop other more serious problem like autism.

There is some saying in the Internet n even in this forum some Baby was developing fine until they had their MMR jab. Then they started to withdraw into their own world after they had their jab.

Like my son who is now 2 years plus he still can't talk yet n seldom has eye contact, not interested to play w other kids. Now my hubby blame me so kiasu, want to complete the jab on schedule. Instead should delay the jab and waited for his brain to develop first.

I feel so bad now like I the one who caused my son to be like this. But I look back at my son video he was really ok b4 he took the jab. Like "look at the Phone n make sound when I take vided", start to have baby talk at 8 months but stop after he had the jab.

Dont feel sorry mummy,u did what u wanted for the best of your child.And yes,more and more parents are sharing the stories of how "the light just went off" in their child after they had some of the jabs.Personally,i am neither pro nor anti vaccine,but i feel that we need to educate ourselves more on this issue.I believe vaccine do work,but im just not comfortable pumping those chemicals into my tiny baby body so im doing the delaying until they reach at least 3 years old.

Hi, dear parents.

Could somebody please share a contact of a good GP or/and pediatrician or/and immunologist or any other one who is supportive of vaccinating or at least elective vaccination.

Yes, I know there are 2 vaccinations required by law here and yes I know that there are not many parents who choose not to vaccinate as suggested by hospitals.

I just want to know if anyone understands and can recommend a good doctor who does not impose the heavy vaccination schedule. Please recommend this person only if you had a personal experience with him/her.

Thanks!
Please PM .
Hi i am also looking for a PD who understands our wish to delay a few jabs if you find one please let me know

Do you have a good PD whos on board with you? Please share contact if you have
Dont feel sorry mummy,u did what u wanted for the best of your child.And yes,more and more parents are sharing the stories of how "the light just went off" in their child after they had some of the jabs.Personally,i am neither pro nor anti vaccine,but i feel that we need to educate ourselves more on this issue.I believe vaccine do work,but im just not comfortable pumping those chemicals into my tiny baby body so im doing the delaying until they reach at least 3 years old.

Hi keddiay,no offense but i think ure missing the big picture here. The reason why you took the vaccine was because u wanted to protect your child from the diseases,but you prefer not to expose your child to the unvaccinated.You cant vaccinate believing that your child is protected and then feel that your child is not protected because somehow,an unvaccinated child is carrying a secret organism that no one else is carrying,it just doesnt make any sense.Besides,why would an unvaccinated kid be a threat to your kid if youre so sure that vaccine works?

Dear Frost,

No offense taken, but do allow me to explain. There will always be children who are genuinely unable to to vaccinated or will need to have their vaccines delayed. Like children with cancer, immunocompromises, premature. For these children, they depend on the herd immunity of other children to protect them against potentially fatal vaccine preventable diseases.
I am in no way denying your right as a parent to vaccinate or not to vaccinate your child, merely reminding that unvaccinated children do pose a threat to other children when they are put in places where children congregate. Just look at the recent measles outbreak in Disneyland for example.
I'm sure that as parents, you will teach your child that rights come with responsibility. It is entirely your right not to vaccinate your child, but it is also your responsibility to let other parents know about it, as other parents may have a sick child, to whom exposure to a unvaccinated child may be a matter of life and death.

Hello,

I dun think any vaccine give 100% protection. Usually they just guard against a few of the most common type of virus. Something like flu jab. Just my Guess. I am not doctor or Scientists ya. Cheers

Keddiay,

No offence but don't you realize these two facts? That:
1. All vaccines are claimed by the pharmaceutical companies to be effective for a few years only (eg. 5 years for mumps, 20 years for measles), and
2. Virtually no adults in Singapore get booster shots.

Given the two facts above, and using your logic, you should realize that 99.99% of adults around you will pose exactly the same threat as posed by unvaccinated kids. To stay true to your logic you should also ask adults to stay away from children who can't vaccinate too.

I find it funny that the mainstream media (and the people brainwashed by it) could not rationalize the two facts to support their version of "herd immunity". If you can build your logic around them do share with us.

Here is my version of herd immunity:
1. Herd immunity is valid only when it is applied to natural immunity. Natural immunity is gotten when exposed to wild virus in a natural way (eg. through the mucous system) and will last for life.
2. As more people get natural immunity an increasing percentage of the population will have immunity and it will protect the "children with cancer, immunocompromises, premature". This is impossible to be achieved by vaccinations because vaccine efficacy WILL WANE and very few people take booster shots.

Disclaimer:
The text above was written using your premise that vaccines do confer immunity. I think that this is yet to be proven. The reasons are:
1. Vaccine studies are always conducted against the vaccine-strain of the virus. They never use wild-strain of the disease. We know strains of virus could be very different from each other.
2. Vaccine studies use the level of antibodies to determine its efficacy. However there is no proof that this is a reliable mean of determining efficacy. Scientists have found that i) People with a genetic disease making them unable to produce antibodies can cure themselves of diseases the same duration as normal people, ii) People with high antibody titer can still get a disease. This page has a good compilation of articles on this: http://www.whale.to/vaccines/antibody.html
3. Read up on Original Antigenic Sin. Basically scientists found that our body remembers forever the first mode of exposure to a virus so as to tune its defenses against it in the future. They found that Measles-vaccinated people (exposure through injection/blood) when exposure through the mucous system have higher severity and longer duration of the disease because the body was looking at the wrong place.
4. Also read up the baboon pertussis study (google baboon pertussis). It shows that vaccination does not prevent baboons from being infected (they become silent carriers) and they can in turn infect other baboons.

Here's the result of the world's largest randomized double-blind placebo study of a vaccine (gold standard for testing). They found that it is useless. Unfortunately hundreds if not thousands of children are killed or crippled by the vaccine every year (https://www.google.com.sg/webhp?q=bcg+death+india)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10573656
Fifteen year follow up of trial of BCG vaccines in south India for tuberculosis prevention. Tuberculosis Research Centre (ICMR), Chennai.
[No authors listed]
Abstract
A large scale community-based double blind randomized controlled trial was carried out in Chingleput district of south India to evaluate the protective effect of BCG against bacillary forms of pulmonary tuberculosis. From among 366,625 individuals registered, 281,161 persons were vaccinated with BCG or placebo by random allocation. Two strains of BCG were used, the French and Danish, with a high dose (0.1 mg/0.1 ml) and a low dose (0.01 mg/0.1 ml) in each strain. The entire population was followed up for 15 years by means of resurveys every 30 months, and selective follow up every 10 months and continuous passive case finding. There were 560 cases (189, 191 and 180 from the high dose, low dose and placebo groups respectively) arising over 15 years, among 109,873 persons who were tuberculin negative and had a normal chest X-ray at intake. This represents a small fraction of the total incidence of 2.6 per 1000 person-years most of which came from those who were initially tuberculin positive. The incidence rates in the three "vaccination" groups were similar confirming the complete lack of protective efficacy, seen at the end of 7 1/2 years. BCG offered no overall protection in adults and a low level of overall protection (27%; 95% C.I. -8 to 50%) in children. This lack of protection could not be explained by methodological flaws, or the influence of prior sensitisation by non specific sensitivity, or because most of the cases arose as a result of exogenous re-infection. The findings at 15 years show that in this population with high infection rates and high nonspecific sensitivity, BCG did not offer any protection against adult forms of bacillary pulmonary tuberculosis.

Hi Valentina

You can try Dr Ang Poon Liat from TMC. He respects the decisions that parents make whether to vaccine or not and give very good advise. He's very pro-natural :)

Hi, dear parents.

Thanks!
Please PM .
Exactly my concern. Couldn't find much support for it but good to see someone thinking on these lines. Did you find a solution for your problem then? I'm also looking for a clinic/hosp that is willing to give only the compulsory vaccines

Back