Supplement Suggestion (BlackMore Pregnancy and Breastfeeding)

UniKO

Hi Mummy/Expert,
Need some advices on taking vitamin. I am trying to take Blackmores Pregnancy and Breastfeeding advance for my pregnancy. I am now second tri. Below is the content of vitamin included in this brand. Just want to know on top of this vitamin do I still need to drink more calcium vitamin and Omega 3? Is below content of calcium and omega 3 is enough as I am thinking abit lower than required. Now I am planing to combine with other supplement which contain Calcium Carbonate 500mg + D3 400IU. Is this safe to proceed?
Please advices the dosage if is needed to top up other supplement. Your help is much appreciated.

Blackmores Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Advance Content
///Folic acid 250 ug, Potassium iodide (iodine 75 ug) 98.3 ug, Concentrated omega-3 triglycerides 250 mg containing omega -3 marine triglycerides 150 mg as: Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) 125 mg and Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) 25 mg, Iron glycinate (iron 5 mg) 19.22 mg, Cholecalciferol (vitamin D 500 IU) 12.5 ug, Nicotinamide 9 mg, Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) 30 mg, Biotin 15 ug, Zinc oxide (zinc 5.5 mg) 6.82 mg, Magnesium oxide heavy (magnesium 35 mg) 58.1 mg, Selenomethionine (selenium 32.5 ug) 81.3 ug, Chromium picolinate (chromium 15 ug) 121 ug, Thiamine nitrate (vitamin B1) 700 ug, Riboflavin (vitamin B2) 700 ug, Calcium pantothenate (pantothenic acid, vitamin B5 2.5 mg) 2.73 mg, Pyridoxine hydrochloride (pyridoxine, vitamin B6 950 ug) 1.16 mg, Cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12) 1.3 ug, d-alpha Tocopherol (natural vitamin E 5.22 IU) 3.5 mg, Betacarotene 2.4 mg///

Hi Mummy/Expert,
Need some advices on taking vitamin. I am trying to take Blackmores Pregnancy and Breastfeeding advance for my pregnancy. I am now second tri. Below is the content of vitamin included in this brand. Just want to know on top of this vitamin do I still need to drink more calcium vitamin and Omega 3? Is below content of calcium and omega 3 is enough as I am thinking abit lower than required. Now I am planing to combine with other supplement which contain Calcium Carbonate 500mg + D3 400IU. Is this safe to proceed?
Please advices the dosage if is needed to top up other supplement. Your help is much appreciated.

Blackmores Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Advance Content
///Folic acid 250 ug, Potassium iodide (iodine 75 ug) 98.3 ug, Concentrated omega-3 triglycerides 250 mg containing omega -3 marine triglycerides 150 mg as: Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) 125 mg and Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) 25 mg, Iron glycinate (iron 5 mg) 19.22 mg, Cholecalciferol (vitamin D 500 IU) 12.5 ug, Nicotinamide 9 mg, Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) 30 mg, Biotin 15 ug, Zinc oxide (zinc 5.5 mg) 6.82 mg, Magnesium oxide heavy (magnesium 35 mg) 58.1 mg, Selenomethionine (selenium 32.5 ug) 81.3 ug, Chromium picolinate (chromium 15 ug) 121 ug, Thiamine nitrate (vitamin B1) 700 ug, Riboflavin (vitamin B2) 700 ug, Calcium pantothenate (pantothenic acid, vitamin B5 2.5 mg) 2.73 mg, Pyridoxine hydrochloride (pyridoxine, vitamin B6 950 ug) 1.16 mg, Cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12) 1.3 ug, d-alpha Tocopherol (natural vitamin E 5.22 IU) 3.5 mg, Betacarotene 2.4 mg///

I’m taking this supplement and a cup of milk daily. My gynae said it’s sufficient. You should check with your gynae if it’s okay to add on further supplements as too much is not good too:

I’m taking this supplement and a cup of milk daily. My gynae said it’s sufficient. You should check with your gynae if it’s okay to add on further supplements as too much is not good too:

Like my Gynae said, one of his patients took vitamin c on TOP of multivites thinking it’s vitamin c so it’s good for the baby...... had complications after so he said don’t self medicate or even if u want to buy your own, check with doc to make sure doesn’t clash with your meds or your condition if any..... eg I have diabetes so I need to be careful of my sugars and need more iron....

Last edited:
Try my Gynae said one of his patients took vitamin c on TOP of multivites thinking it’s vitamin c so it’s good for the baby...... had complications after so he said don’t self medicate or even if u want to buy your own, check with doc to make sure doesn’t clash with your meds or your condition if any..... eg I have diabetes so I need to be careful of my sugars and need more iron....

Yup yup alway check with gynae even when taking pregnancy supplements :)

Looks fine if you want to add calcium but still, do check with your gynae..

My colleague and sil taken prenatal vitamin + calcium too (see attached for the ingredient), but not Blackmore as they don wan to swallow so many pills..

Do rmb to split both prenatal vit and calcium as our body unable to absorb so much of calcium at one go.. plus, too much of calcium will affect iron absorption from prenatal vitamin..

Back