Super experienced and reliable confinement nanny

Charis Chua

Hi! I extended my confinement nanny past the first month as she is extremely reliable and experienced. Lian Jie did my confinement for my 3rd kid and I am very impressed by her experience and proactiveness. I’ve had a few nannies previously from my first 2 kids and Lian Jie is definitely one of the best nannies that I’ve hired. She takes care of my daughter very well and cooks extremely well! She is easy going and with her around, you’ll definitely be able to have a good rest during your confinement! PM me for her number!

Be very careful of freelancers nowadays they can be so untrustworthy! My friend got cancelled at 37 weeks! Another friend her nanny came and quit 3 days later just because my friend ask her to clean kitchen after cooking! Another freelance nanny demanded full month payment when my friend had bad experience with her after using her for less than 10 days! It is so not worth it adding to the stress of having a newborn.

Being pregnant at this covid pandemic period was quite challenging.. especially hiring confinement lady(CL) as we were having under demand due to the restriction on getting them in from Malaysia as most of them are Malaysians.

I am quite fortunate to get Aunty Lian to help me for the past 28 days to take care of my no.2 so that my helper could handle my no.1 while I am recovering. As this time we had to secure the CL earlier, I managed to get her contact from 1 of my neighbours way before my 3 months pregnancy was stable as our area had a few moo babies came out at that time too...

Despite being a second-time mum, I am glad that Aunty Lian had helped me to refresh my skill on handling a baby ever since no 1 was born 3 yrs+ back. We were quite clickable as we were able to chat a lot of things other than just sharing some tips and advice for taking the baby to me.

As this will be my last pregnancy, I wanted to have more breastfeeding this time. Aunty Lian would never want me to stop being dehydrated. She would cook soup in every single meal. I love the soup with DOM especially at night as it made me zz well. She would keep reminding me to drink more red date water so that I would have sufficient water inside my body to pump out or latch... She would even also prepare dessert for me to eat during teatime especially after my pump/latch session.

For my little one, she was quite caring and adored to him... She ensured that he was well fed every time, and changed his diaper and clothes regularly. Although he might not like to bathe, she would have ways to calm him down to get him enjoying the bath. So within the past 28 days, he had managed to gain 2 extra kg with chubby cheeks.

Thank you Aunty Lian for the help. Let's hope we still can stay in touch and meet up again more especially when the situation is better. Pls contact me if u keen to know more about her.

PEM Confinement and confinement nanny Chia Sook Hian Shirley (#1693). Some of the things I encountered: 1) Not preparing food on time (Told 9am breakfast but end up eating 9.30am or later) (She still can ask me at 9 – 9.15am if I am ready to eat then she go prepare even though I everyday wake up at 7+am) 3) whole day inside the kitchen but her dishes were always the same and not fanciful at all. She never ask me to buy food ingredients and my husband don’t know what to buy that is suitable for confinement. 4) We allowed her to wash her clothes with ours using washing machine and I didn’t even ask her to wash my clothes, only baby clothes. 5) No sweeping and mopping of floor for whole house is required as we understand it can be tiring to take care of baby at night. 6) Ask me to write good review about her in PEM confinement feedback form. I did as at that point of time I didn’t know she was making mistakes and I closed one eye on some of the stuffs she did as long as she take good care of my baby. I encountered a major event which I made a complain to PEM confinement. The nanny told us to increase baby feed by 5ml per day. My baby was born small less than 2.5kg and by 3rd week, we are feeding 85ml per feed. During this 1 month, my baby has spilt-up milk a few times that is forceful and projectile and nanny assured me is alright. With this, I believed in her. When she is gone, the spilt-up milk become so frequent that is at least once per day. Forceful spilt up milk will have acid smell and will come out from nose and mouth and handkerchief is not enough to hold it. This is how serious it is. I initially believed it is alright until it was so frequent so I had no choice but to see PD and the PD diagnosed my baby with reflux due to overfeeding. PD told me that for my baby current weight of 4.3kg at the time (7th week), he should be taking only maximum 90ml per feed. This amount of feeding has already started on 3rd week. PD also told me my baby weight should be lesser by that time which mean we had given him too much milk that cause him to grow too much. My baby ended up taking medication for 1 week which is super painful for me as he is so young. Therefore I made a complain to PEM confinement and PEM confinement keep denying, saying that the baby was healthy when the nanny left, feeding around 60 – 70 ml per feed (as said by nanny). But I kept the feeding schedule record and the last day of feeding is 100ml per feed. I sent the information to PEM confinement and they said the nanny claim that it was written by us and it can be inaccurate. During that period, we helped the nanny to write the feeding schedule and now we are bitten back saying the feeding schedule is inaccurate as some are not written by nanny. PEM confinement want to close this case and not pursue further. I understand I am at the losing end now and thus have no choice. In conclusion: 1) Do not help the nanny with anything including writing of feeding information as PEM confinement will deem it as inaccurate if any dispute happens. 2) Do not treat the nanny too nice. 3) PEM confinement will try to deny any complain made by customer (They keep insisting they are not siding anyone but they will not entertain you either) 4) Anything that you are unsure and uncommon that happen to your baby, please seek help and do not blindly listen to the nanny, thinking that they are well trained and experience. Some nannies just want to snake their way through. This is my personal experience with them. In my opinion, PEM confinement as a company does not handle the situation well and does not holding responsible for any wrong doings by their employees. As their nanny deny the overfeeding part and it is my words against hers, they just close the case like this. I will never recommend anyone to PEM confinement as they are irresponsible and even if they do have good employees.

Being pregnant at this covid pandemic period was quite challenging.. especially hiring confinement lady(CL) as we were having under demand due to the restriction on getting them in from Malaysia as most of them are Malaysians.

I am quite fortunate to get Aunty Lian to help me for the past 28 days to take care of my no.2 so that my helper could handle my no.1 while I am recovering. As this time we had to secure the CL earlier, I managed to get her contact from 1 of my neighbours way before my 3 months pregnancy was stable as our area had a few moo babies came out at that time too...

Despite being a second-time mum, I am glad that Aunty Lian had helped me to refresh my skill on handling a baby ever since no 1 was born 3 yrs+ back. We were quite clickable as we were able to chat a lot of things other than just sharing some tips and advice for taking the baby to me.

As this will be my last pregnancy, I wanted to have more breastfeeding this time. Aunty Lian would never want me to stop being dehydrated. She would cook soup in every single meal. I love the soup with DOM especially at night as it made me zz well. She would keep reminding me to drink more red date water so that I would have sufficient water inside my body to pump out or latch... She would even also prepare dessert for me to eat during teatime especially after my pump/latch session.

For my little one, she was quite caring and adored to him... She ensured that he was well fed every time, and changed his diaper and clothes regularly. Although he might not like to bathe, she would have ways to calm him down to get him enjoying the bath. So within the past 28 days, he had managed to gain 2 extra kg with chubby cheeks.

Thank you Aunty Lian for the help. Let's hope we still can stay in touch and meet up again more especially when the situation is better. Pls contact me if u keen to know more about her.

Hi. Would you mind sharing her contact? I am looking for a confinement nanny. EDD in July 2022. Thanks

Back